• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

You got the Messenger and no mega post?!
Congrats man!
EJ, I finished the rounds, got the Auto Rifle and NLB from the Mercury chest - no joke - and then fed my kids dinner.

After that I tried to level the Messenger and was so incredibly spent I fell asleep hard. I don't even remember when I crashed.

So happy to get one and very eager to run with it. I love Pulse rifles as you can almost outrange a Thorn or Hawkmoon. Messenger shoots slower than Praedyth's Timepiece, Red Death and Oversoul though and I need to get used to pulling the trigger. But it hits hard. Fun stuff.

Hey if you guys ever want to mess around in crucible where there isn't sweaty pressure I would love to watch and learn from you guys! :)

TOP OF THE PAGE 6 AM EDIT
Unstable, Wicked, EJ, Tears, Hawkian, Drizzay and everyone who helps the little guy learn or is patient with those of us who are awful:

Hank Hill salutes you. :)

SECOND EDIT:
Mad props to Kadey. During the Unstable stream with Gaia she stepped right up to offered help to get him to 32. DGAF > all else

SkylineRKR

Rolled LGH with Shortgaze, Rodeo, Armor pierce and Unflinching. I heard hidden hand is the thing now but is it really much better than Rodeo?

Kyoufu

Fuck Messenger, I want my Hopscotch Pilgrim!

I got one a long time ago but haven't used it. Didn't realise it's supposed to be a good PvP gun.

EJ, I finished the rounds, got the Auto Rifle and NLB from the Mercury chest - no joke - and then fed my kids dinner.

After that I tried to level the Messenger and was so incredibly spent I fell asleep hard. I don't even remember when I crashed.

So happy to get one and very eager to run with it. I love Pulse rifles as you can almost outrange a Thorn or Hawkmoon. Messenger shoots slower than Praedyth's Timepiece, Red Death and Oversoul though and I need to get used to pulling the trigger. But it hits hard. Fun stuff.

Hey if you guys ever want to mess around in crucible where there isn't sweaty pressure I would love to watch and learn from you guys! :)

TOP OF THE PAGE 6 AM EDIT
Unstable, Wicked, EJ, Tears, Hawkian, Drizzay and everyone who helps the little guy learn or is patient with those of us who are awful:

Hank Hill salutes you. :)

Good to hear that and glad you're enjoying it! Sometimes when people want a weapon really bad, it turns out to be disappointing, but that does not seem to be the case with the Messenger. In regard to playing crucible: sure thing, if you see me not messing around in ToO send me a message/invite and I'll jump in!

phen0m24

Good to hear that and glad you're enjoying it! Sometimes when people want a weapon really bad, it turns out to be disappointing, but that does not seem to be the case with the Messenger. In regard to playing crucible: sure thing, if you see me not messing around in ToO send me a message/invite and I'll jump in!

See I almost was at first. I did the daily with it and was initially disappointed by the fire rate - again after using full auto pulse rifles in comparison. But as I tried to aim about neck high it just decimated enemies. Ohhh yeah.

Evilgrin.gif

I got one a long time ago but haven't used it. Didn't realise it's supposed to be a good PvP gun.

Messenger, Spare Change, and Hopscotch Pilgrim are all pretty similar. However, Hop beats the Messenger when it comes to stab, reload, aim assist, and equip time. Messenger beats it when it comes to range, but in pvp that's not a huge factor. For the most part you're not going to be fighting at extreme ranges anyways. You can also reroll Hop which is great. Obviously if you have an element Messenger that's better for pve.

See I almost was at first. I did the daily with it and was initially disappointed by the fire rate - again after using full auto pulse rifles in comparison. But as I tried to aim about neck high it just decimated enemies. Ohhh yeah.

Evilgrin.gif

Wait until you unlock the Headseeker perk. You can just hit the body first and let it kick up for some bonus damage on the head.
That basically will make it a 2-burst kill in PvP, I'm sure you will enjoy that.

I might have missed something, but I disconnected from a ToO game yesterday because of an internet outage. But according to b.net I still have my mercy and no losses.

ocean

Banned
Rolled LGH with Shortgaze, Rodeo, Armor pierce and Unflinching. I heard hidden hand is the thing now but is it really much better than Rodeo?
I haven't felt it makes too great a difference. Neither does unflinching. I really feel the most important factors for a Sniper are Stability and base Aim Assist. Unflinching and Hidden Hand, for all the praise they get, don't make a great difference in my experience.

But then again, I also do significantly better with Ambush than Shortgaze so maybe I'm just weird.

SkylineRKR

Grats! I don't know what rolls to go for with mine :/ tips?

Rangefinder, feeding frenzy, armor piercing. You now have the best HMG in the game. I also like to use accurized ballistics because it makes it as stable as the Regime. With Rangefinder the drop off is minimal and I easily kill from scout rifle range on maps like Shores.

I have one like this and one with casket mag. But Casket mag isn't worth it, only ups the mag by a whopping 7 bullets.

Also tried Thunderlord and its shit compared to this one. much more unwieldy, even with perfect balance. Yet the damage and TTK is the same. I am much, muuuuch better with BTRD.

phen0m24

Thanks for this, was looking for that!
What are you up to, up for some daily crucible? Feeling not too well today, but some stress-free runs would do me good.

sure man! Just hanging out with my kiddos. 10 year old playing Terraria. Little guy on Netflix. LOL

I'm down to play some more PvP just give me a shout

Deku Tree

I really hope they unify the strike playlists somehow when TTK comes out.

The good thing about the Vanguard Dragon playlist is that it doesn't have Omnigul right?

adin75

Rangefinder, feeding frenzy, armor piercing. You now have the best HMG in the game. I also like to use accurized ballistics because it makes it as stable as the Regime. With Rangefinder the drop off is minimal and I easily kill from scout rifle range on maps like Shores.

I have one like this and one with casket mag. But Casket mag isn't worth it, only ups the mag by a whopping 7 bullets.

Also tried Thunderlord and its shit compared to this one. much more unwieldy, even with perfect balance. Yet the damage and TTK is the same. I am much, muuuuch better with BTRD.

Mine dropped with accurized, hidden hand, rodeo and skip/single point sling/ braced frame. Is that a reasonable drop or should I consider tryingbto get a better roll?

SkylineRKR

Mine dropped with accurized, hidden hand, rodeo and skip/single point sling/ braced frame. Is that a reasonable drop or should I consider tryingbto get a better roll?

To be honest even without perks I already decimated people in Crucible. Its just that good. But I would shoot for something that improves reload and range.

Rodeo and BF aren't needed as the stab is already perfect as is. So yeah I would reroll.

Meneses

I really hope they unify the strike playlists somehow when TTK comes out.

The good thing about the Vanguard Dragon playlist is that it doesn't have Omnigul right?

No Omnigul and also no reverse-black-garden strike, at least I never got those two in the rotation and i've done dozens.

I got one the other day and it came with a pretty decent roll.

Aggressive Ballistics/Hidden Hand/Rangefinder

The middle perks kind of suck: Skip Rounds/Single Point Sling/Injection Mold

I'll probably just use Skip Rounds because it gives you more rounds in reserve.

Agent

Grats! I don't know what rolls to go for with mine :/ tips?

Mine currently is rolled with Aggressive Ballistics, Hidden Hand, Skip Rounds/Snapshot/Braced Frame, and Range Finder. I haven't had a chance to level it up fully but seems like a fairly decent roll.

adin75

To be honest even without perks I already decimated people in Crucible. Its just that good. But I would shoot for something that improves reload and range.

Rodeo and BF aren't needed as the stab is already perfect as is. So yeah I would reroll.

Cheers, will have a go when I get a few more motes, stock is pretty low at the moment.

Jrmint

Is anyone on the 1000 point part of the Elder Cipher and want to farm the level 32 boss for it?

You can kill the boss and then kill yourself and it'll let you keep killing him.

Is anyone on the 1000 point part of the Elder Cipher and want to farm the level 32 boss for it?

You can kill the boss and then kill yourself and it'll let you keep killing him.

If you don't manage to get a team together for this, I might be game later today.

Rainmaker

Banned
I've never gotten five wins in ToO (I'm really bad!) and would really like to at least get that. If anyone is bored and would like to help me see how far we can get, feel free. It's really hard to find a team. It would be much appreciated. I can buy all three buffs.

nope? You're wrong dude.

Anyway, 69 is a large number, 80 wouldn't work unless each round lasted less than 10 secs

Unstable played 50 odd games and 7 trips to mercury in about 8 hours after trials began, with breaks and all. So 80 games is definitely possible.

Don't want to add to the argument but just pointing out the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom