• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cosmos just posted that he got perma banned from GAF, apparenlty for some video he uploaded by mistake.

He asked if there is something to be done about that. Feel sorry for him, he was a good member of DGAF.

Can't he resubmit a request for a new account with a new screen name? Sure it might take a long while to be apporpved but at least he'd be back eventually. Or do they actually ban the real life person?

Edit: shout out our dear friend Cosmos for the page top! Hopefully you'll be back with us someday. Hmm I'll add a pic when I get the chance...

Can't he resubmit a request for a new account with a new screen name? Sure it might take a long while to be apporpved but at least he'd be back eventually. Or do they actually ban the real life person?

Edit: shout out our dear friend Cosmos for the page top! Hopefully you'll be back with us someday. Hmm I'll add a pic when I get the chance...

I think Cosmos would feel better if he got your Thunderlord post Drizz

He's saying he was juniored last week for posting a fake nintendo video, which was an honest mistake. Today he woke up to find himself perma-banned. Seems weird.

I just bought the $79.99 Destiny: The Taken King PSN Edition.

I'm part of the problem, GAF. I'm sorry.

What does a Destiny Retail version go for sale or on trade-in these days? :p

ich00

But then again, I also do significantly better with Ambush than Shortgaze so maybe I'm just weird.

Yea I'm not sold on that Shortgaze scope either, probably doesn't help that I've been watching a lot of nghtly's streams and he uses the ambush scope and he does OK with it:
https://youtu.be/EU1XMmKlUbQ

Granted I don't think I'll ever be that good, plus it's all about the feel, ambush feels a bit better to me.

bitsurugi

oh damn that is unfortunate, he was recently junior-ed as well so this must have been his third strike...it's very hard to come back from a perma ban afaik.

Speaking of Junior membership... how do i advance from junior? Been like this since i joined? Is there some requirement or did i miss something?

Yea I'm not sold on that Shortgaze scope either, probably doesn't help that I've been watching a lot of nghtly's streams and he uses the ambush scope and he does OK with it:

Granted I don't think I'll ever be that good, plus it's all about the feel, ambush feels a bit better to me.

Black Hammer can't have short gaze, so that may be part of it. If I was as good as Nghtly and could get white nail to proc in PvP...I probably wouldn't need the AA that short gaze affords me.

Deku Tree

RE Cosmos I don't know what happened but you will be missed around DGAF.

RE getting banned after getting JR'd: If I am not mistaken there is a much lower standard for banning (and perms-banning) a JR member

300 sounds right, this one here is my 500th post and I've had member status for a little bit now.

Oh thanks for the clarification! I don't know from experience but I heard people talking about 500 posts at some point I guess that was wrong.

macewank

So.. Be careful if you try to buy The Taken King on PSN. I got tricked by this (probably should've been paying more attention) and ended up buying the collectors edition of the original game for PS3....

8UImJnc.png

RE Cosmos I don't know what happened but you will be missed around DGAF.

RE getting banned after getting JR'd: If I am not mistaken there is a much lower standard for banning (and perms-banning) a JR member

Nothing in his recent post history looks even close to questionable. I guess whatever it was, was deleted. I always hate the spooky bannings since I can't learn from other's mistakes.

420bits

So.. Be careful if you try to buy The Taken King on PSN. I got tricked by this (probably should've been paying more attention) and ended up buying the collectors edition of the original game for PS3....

I havn't managed to do this yet, but im sure my time will come. Im also pretty sure you can get that fixed if you phone them up and explained what happend.

macewank

I havn't managed to do this yet, but im sure my time will come. Im also pretty sure you can get that fixed if you phone them up and explained what happend.

I spoke with their chat folks. He argued for a bit until I explained he was either going to refund it or I was going to escalate due to the store item being intentionally misleading. Thankfully he caved and processed the refund.

deafmedal

Seriously debating this too, I've already preordered FO4 and would love to have Destiny on the drive. I can kid myself all I like but I'll probably never stop playing this fucking game heh. I don't love changing games however- FO4 will be fun I'm sure but it can't scratch that multiplayer itch.

Would make the third time I've bought TDB and HoW, too bad I probably can't give away the codes. Won't sell my disc either, I'm weird like that :)

CREMSteve

Digital Destiny is the only way to go. I haven't had a Game disc in my ps4 in like 9 months, lol.

Have watched a few movies though.

Deku Tree

Seriously debating this too, I've already preordered FO4 and would love to have Destiny on the drive. I can kid myself all I like but I'll probably never stop playing this fucking game heh. I don't love changing games however- FO4 will be fun I'm sure but it can't scratch that multiplayer itch.

Would make the third time I've bought TDB and HoW, too bad I probably can't give away the codes. Won't sell my disc either, I'm weird like that :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...nterview_luke_talks_about_collectors_edition/

It sounds like from that Video that there is a decent chance that they will try to do something for year one players regarding the in game pre-order stuff that isn't in the $40 version. IMO it is worth it to wait to pre-order until later on especially if you are buying digital.

ocean

Banned

I think it's a matter of habit. I never tried Shortgaze until this tier list for perks became a thing some weeks ago. I'm so used to Ambush that I do a lot better with my trusty LDR with Ambush than my "perfect roll" Her Benevolence which only has Shortgaze.

As for Nghtly, he also got the perfect roll Her Benevolence but with Shortgaze and Ambush too. I remember him complaining that Shortgaze sucks while playing because Ambush was the last scope on the tree and he hadn't unlocked it for the first matches. He was doing well but missing a lot of shots (still beast of course). Then he unlocked Ambush and went full insane.

On paper Shortgaze is objectively better. Boosts Aim Assistance, lets Unflinching work a little (it does nothing with Ambush, it's really a perk for high zoom scopes)...but I'm just not used to it and can't seem to get the hang of it.

I won't give up my "perfect roll" HB but I won't use it either. I'll have to wait for another Benevolence so I can shoot for Ambush and a Stability perk.

My favorite sniper is an LDR with Ambush and Perfect Balance. No Hidden Hand, no Unflinching. Tier lists have made people forget that it's not a clear cut objective rating on a weapon's performance. Your play style may make one thing or another far more useful despite what the perk tiers are.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...nterview_luke_talks_about_collectors_edition/

It sounds like from that Video that there is a decent chance that they will try to do something for year one players regarding the in game pre-order stuff that isn't in the $40 version. IMO it is worth it to wait to pre-order until later on especially if you are buying digital.

Yup, and there is no way a digital version goes out of stock or anything like that. From my experience, early adopters usually get the worse end of the deal, so I'm waiting till the very end before I buy TKK.

deafmedal

Yup, and there is no way a digital version goes out of stock or anything like that. From my experience, early adopters usually get the worse end of the deal, so I'm waiting till the very end before I buy TKK.
I don't really care about the bonus items (unless the bonus XP boost on the class items is universal-ish like NF boon) and unless the base digital game goes cheaper than $40 I really won't be coming out worse for wear. But I will wait to be sure :)

Edit: me thinks the base game may disappear after TKK...

Yah I agree. No point in buying it now as Bungie will most likely(hopefully) add more things for us day one guardian edition folk.

I personally wish they would add the ability to change our apperence and genders on our guardians. I want to change my female Titan to a male one...

For PS4 users keep in mind there is a promo going on right now, spend $100 on the PSN store and get back $15 a few weeks later. I ended up adding a year of PS+ and buying digital TK ($40) and Driveclub ($25) which cost $115 but will get $15 back. The promo lasts till 6/23 and is on the storefront page, I've done it before and always gotten the credit 4-6 weeks later in the form of a $15 voucher (sometimes they have accidently sent two different codes for PS3/PS4 so that is even better).

The only real thing I wonder about is whether the XP boost in the CE is only for leveling 1-20 or if its perma, always. If its the latter that is ridiculously OP, its the gjallarhorn of XP.

A_Gorilla

Banned
How is ToO this week guys? I assumed it would be harder since with all the armor pieces having been made available most of the less skilled players would have no incentive to play, leaving only the better ones.

That seem to be the case?

ich00

On paper Shortgaze is objectively better. Boosts Aim Assistance, lets Unflinching work a little (it does nothing with Ambush, it's really a perk for high zoom scopes)...but I'm just not used to it and can't seem to get the hang of it.

This is pretty much where I am at: I have a LGH with close to perfect rolls: it has the right scopes and hidden hand, but switching to my LGH yesterday that had Ambush and Hidden Hand, I did much better with it. I'd still like to roll the 'perfect' sniper, mine just might inclue ambush too.

Definity

How is ToO this week guys? I assumed it would be harder since with all the armor pieces having been made available most of the less skilled players would have no incentive to play, leaving only the better ones.

That seem to be the case?

I went up against several great teams last night. Won a few lost a few. Compared to last week ToO it was much tougher competition for me though. Going to hit ToO again later tonight and see how far I can make it.

noomi

WHAT IS DONE CANNOT BE UNDONE

TITAN DOWN!

Bitsurugi went from 3, to ''only'' 2 titans... and now a hunter! ^^

Hehe, my 3 hunters will soon become 2, I plan on making a titan finally. Just not sure if I should do it before or after the release of the taken king.

Also, thanks for teaming up yesterday, guys. I finished off my second trip to Mercury in the wee hours of the morning with Drizz and Ruben.

Absolutely, glad you were able to get there. Drizz and Ruben are both great crucible players.

Lnkn52

We were down 0-3 on Noomi's last match. I played my worst Trials match ever, but we bounced back and won. Mercury for all!

Teabagging the team who teabagged you when they thought they'd run away with it, then watching them rage quit while you crouch over and over again... Priceless.
I love playing those cocky teams. They they think a match is over when they go up 2.

Hehe, my 3 hunters will soon become 2, I plan on making a titan finally. Just not sure if I should do it before or after the release of the taken king.

Definitely now, its pretty easy to level up (10-15 hours for 1-20) and can do it while marathoning a show you've always wanted to watch. Even with the TK xp bonuses I doubt it'll shave more than an hour or two off that.

The best part is you can save a bunch of armor and weapon cores from your two other chars and hit 34 extremely fast, like a few minutes. I suspect in Taken King they will go back to the raid model of loot and it will take much longer to level up again, plus who knows which class will have insane OP abilities for a few weeks. Its good to have one of each in case there is another raid or PVP situation where one sub-class just dominates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom