• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Does anyone else feel like aquiring etheric light is pointless since The Taken King is right around the corner? I've been playing like crazy trying to get all my weapons to 365 (25 weapon parts per exotic is painful), but it feels like I shouldn't even bother because in September year 2 begins and I'll have to do this all over again.

Just like any other MMO, it's always if you want to be max level RIGHT NOW with optimal weapons or just follow slightly behind the max level curve.

I think it's a matter of habit. I never tried Shortgaze until this tier list for perks became a thing some weeks ago. I'm so used to Ambush that I do a lot better with my trusty LDR with Ambush than my "perfect roll" Her Benevolence which only has Shortgaze.

As for Nghtly, he also got the perfect roll Her Benevolence but with Shortgaze and Ambush too. I remember him complaining that Shortgaze sucks while playing because Ambush was the last scope on the tree and he hadn't unlocked it for the first matches. He was doing well but missing a lot of shots (still beast of course). Then he unlocked Ambush and went full insane.

On paper Shortgaze is objectively better. Boosts Aim Assistance, lets Unflinching work a little (it does nothing with Ambush, it's really a perk for high zoom scopes)...but I'm just not used to it and can't seem to get the hang of it.

I won't give up my "perfect roll" HB but I won't use it either. I'll have to wait for another Benevolence so I can shoot for Ambush and a Stability perk.

My favorite sniper is an LDR with Ambush and Perfect Balance. No Hidden Hand, no Unflinching. Tier lists have made people forget that it's not a clear cut objective rating on a weapon's performance. Your play style may make one thing or another far more useful despite what the perk tiers are.

This is interesting. My "perfect roll" HB (can't believe I got one) has both, so I'll try Ambush and see what I see.

Bought it on PS4 but not PS3. When you say upgrade you just mean follow the upgrade path as I play ?

No, if you have etheric light you can upgrade them from light 33 to light 42.

Only do that if those gloves have a good stat roll though. You'll get way better armor from HoW activities and raiding.

Does anyone else feel like aquiring etheric light is pointless since The Taken King is right around the corner? I've been playing like crazy trying to get all my weapons to 365 (25 weapon parts per exotic is painful), but it feels like I shouldn't even bother because in September year 2 begins and I'll have to do this all over again.
Why bother playing any type of loot games that will have updates resulting in a level increase?

A lot of us were 34 on all 3 characters within 3-4 days of HoW launch. I've got 20 EL sitting in my vault and don't know what to use them on. Heck, I upgraded multiple fatebringers, VoC's, found verdicts etc.

noomi

How are the trials opponents today, are all the tryhards out?

Have about 3 hours left before I need to head out, was hoping to try and get to Mercury.

Admodieus

Had a great night last night getting my PS4 character back to relevancy. Ran Gatekeeper and Atheon on Normal and Hard, all of CE on normal and hard, and the Nightfall. Came away with Word of Crota, Abyss Defiant, two CE raid armor pieces and a VoG raid armor piece. Hoping to do hard Templar tomorrow for a shot at Fatebringer as well as 32 PoE for the armor core.

Daemul

Almost finished clearing out my vault, just can't decide whether I want to keep VoC or Abyss for solar burns. Scout Rifle shooting mechanisms really annoy the fuck out of me, but I can still see that VoC does more damage than Abyss, but for solar burns where you get 300% more damage, it' doesn't really matter. Fuck it, I'm keeping Abyss, I prefer using auto's over scout's and the ability to daze Wizard's is too handy to lose. Auto's will eventually get buffed anyways, maybe not to their previous godly levels, but enough to make them a legitimate choice of use outside of burn nightfalls.

Anyway, this now means my vault is officially empty!!!!!, and I'm ready for all the new cool shit coming with The Taken King.

rayuma

How are the trials opponents today, are all the tryhards out?

Have about 3 hours left before I need to head out, was hoping to try and get to Mercury.

I would say it's somewhat easier than last night, but there are still some good teams out there.

noomi

I don't even know why I'm bothering to ask anymore but: Anyone on Xbox up for Trials?

It's pretty tough to find players for xbox around here sadly, I think like 90% of us are on PS4. There is an xbox player list in the OP that might help, but you could also have better luck asking around reddit on /r/fireteams :)

I've got two Gjallarhorns. Any reason to keep the spare?

TB1zWdA.gif

It's pretty tough to find players for xbox around here sadly, I think like 90% of us are on PS4. There is an xbox player list in the OP that might help, but you could also have better luck asking around reddit on /r/fireteams :)

Yeah, I already have most everybody on the list on my FL. Honestly, I think I'm just done actively trying to get a Trials team together (or PoE or Nightfall team for that matter). I'm probably going to give this game a huge break for now. Having to actively put a fireteam together for 80% of the end game HoW content is putting me off the game entirely. If anyone wants to invite me though, go for it. I'll probably join if I'm free.

Almost finished clearing out my vault, just can't decide whether I want to keep VoC or Abyss for solar burns. Scout Rifle shooting mechanisms really annoy the fuck out of me, but I can still see that VoC does more damage than Abyss, but for solar burns where you get 300% more damage, it' doesn't really matter. Fuck it, I'm keeping Abyss, I prefer using auto's over scout's and the ability to daze Wizard's is too handy to lose. Auto's will eventually get buffed anyways, maybe not to their previous godly levels, but enough to make them a legitimate choice of use outside of burn nightfalls.

Anyway, this now means my vault is officially empty!!!!!, and I'm ready for all the new cool shit coming with The Taken King.

VoC all the way, how can you even compare that with Abyysmal defiant?

AD's wizard disruptor is a very situational perk while VoC in an overall top-tier weapon for most PvE activities and also decent in PvP.

I'm wondering if Aggressive Ballistics + Smallbore will put me to the range cap on my new Matador. It also has Shot Package & Final Round, so reducing the magazine size appeals to me.

My old Matador has Aggressive/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/Cascade, so I want to replace it with one that has a better last perk. Final round + Smallbore seems ideal (along with Luck in the Chamber), as long as I'm still at the range cap.

I guess I can wait until I level it and use the app to compare the range, but I would prefer to figure it out now, so I don't have to waste bounties/materials leveling it if I'm just going to have to reroll it.

Depends - do you have multiple characters? If yes, then they all should have their own horns. If not and you don't plan on making new ones, just keep the one.

I stopped giving each character their own set of my favorite weapons. Simply not enough vault space for that. And with the companion apps and chrome plugin it's extremely easy to share gear anyway.
You won't have to spend all that time and Exp on ranking the second one up either.

I stopped giving each character their own set of my favorite weapons. Simply not enough vault space for that. And with the companion apps and chrome plugin it's extremely easy to share gear anyway.

No point in that anymore now that you can move weapons so easily.

Agreed, but certain weapons that I use all the time I keep 3 of so I don't have to switch ever.

Fatebringer
Vision of Confluence
Found Verdict
Black Hammer
Gjallarhorn

cakely

Honestly, there isn't. Thanks to the companion app even if you have three characters you can swap all your weapons between them in seconds.

That being said, I couldn't bring myself to dismantle a ballerhorn, even if it's just taking up vault space.

noomi

It does seem that way. I'd love to do a trials run or two if anyone is interested.

Was waiting to see if Rubenov wanted to team up, but it looks like he's been busy helping people all morning haha.

Going to wait a bit longer, but if anything we can get a group together.

*quiet

noobi

Yeah it's been real slow. Waiting for unstable to wake up and start streaming..

Weeeeellll excuuuuuuuse me :p

ocean

Banned
I deleted all my dupes. Loadouts app made them a waste of space. Found a Horn in my postmaster the other day though, I'll keep it there because you never know.

I used to have 3x Ice Breaker, Horn, Fatebringer, Hawkmoon etc. until my Vault just couldn't handle it anymore.

noomi

I deleted all my dupes. Loadouts app made them a waste of space. Found a Horn in my postmaster the other day though, I'll keep it there because you never know.

Yeah I haven't keep any dupes either anymore, like you said the loadouts app is perfect for this :)

Nuszka

If anyone from bungie can read it , please stop restricting trials to weekends only , some of us need to work during that time :( it's killing me reading about all the folk getting to Mercury and stuff. I can't even get a proper 30 minute session lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom