• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone from bungie can read it , please stop restricting trials to weekends only , some of us need to work during that time :( it's killing me reading about all the folk getting to Mercury and stuff. I can't even get a proper 30 minute session lol

Yeah weekend only Trials didn't make any sense to me, neither have Bungie explained why they kept it this way. Especially with people playing from different timezones, trials for me start at 3am on a saturday. For a person with normal working hours (not me), that barely gives them 2 days to play.

noomi

If anyone from bungie can read it , please stop restricting trials to weekends only , some of us need to work during that time :( it's killing me reading about all the folk getting to Mercury and stuff. I can't even get a proper 30 minute session lol

Sorry dude, wish you could play too :/

spyder_ur

Yeah weekend only Trials didn't make any sense to me, neither have Bungie explained why they kept it this way. Especially with people playing from different timezones, trials for me start at 3am on a saturday. For a person with normal working hours (not me), that barely gives them 2 days to play.

I get your points, but to be fair it's open basically half the week including 4 nights.

You're asking for it to be open all the time. To me it would lose a bit of that 'event' feel.

noomi

Any teams bound for Mercury want to team up?

Last call since I'll have to go in a little bit....

*edit*

I can stream if you guys want so you can see my scrubby skills live!

Always wondered why Xur leaves Sunday morning and not Monday morning.

Sunday is probably a much more regular game day for people. People don't go out on Sunday nights to hang out with friends.

Friday and Saturday nights are big "non-gaming" nights, thus the allure to pull those people back in.

I get your points, but to be fair it's open basically half the week including 4 nights.

You're asking for it to be open all the time. To me it would lose a bit of that 'event' feel.

Sure, for someone who goes to work monday morning, they only get ~2 days to play.

Iron banner is an even and it's on for the full week, given that it comes once a month so makes sense.

Look at raids, you can do them anytime during the week but get loot only once. You only get loot once from Trials, so making it available for half a week is not the best idea imo.

Yeah, I already have most everybody on the list on my FL. Honestly, I think I'm just done actively trying to get a Trials team together (or PoE or Nightfall team for that matter). I'm probably going to give this game a huge break for now. Having to actively put a fireteam together for 80% of the end game HoW content is putting me off the game entirely. If anyone wants to invite me though, go for it. I'll probably join if I'm free.

Yeah it's pretty hard to find Xbox players here in the OT, I think our lfg posts get buried quickly by PSGAF since they are a huge majority.

I do wonder if a separate Xbox destiny LFG thread could be more useful than using this thread for Xbox stuff, I understand there are concerns about splitting discussion but right now it's just really hard to get GAFers for even 3 person content on XB1.

Btw if you're playing tomorrow I'd play with you on xb1, can't play right now though.

Nuszka

They could do it like IB , twice a month with double the amount of rewards. To me trials is one of the main advertised features of HoW but for me it's locked behind a time gate lol

Yeah it's pretty hard to find Xbox players here in the OT, I think our lfg posts get buried quickly by PSGAF since they are a huge majority.

I do wonder if a separate Xbox destiny LFG thread could be more useful than using this thread for Xbox stuff, I understand there are concerns about splitting discussion but right now it's just really hard to get GAFers for even 3 person content on XB1.

Btw if you're playing tomorrow I'd play with you on xb1, can't play right now though.

Don't you have a group messaging option on XBL where you can add multiple friends?

spyder_ur

Any teams bound for Mercury want to team up?

Last call since I'll have to go in a little bit....

*edit*

I can stream if you guys want so you can see my scrubby skills live!

I'll play Noomi. Decent player but I'm not your shuttle to mercury. spyder_ur if you decide to go.

zewone

Apologize if this is a repost, but are there silencers in TK now?

Image%202015-06-20%20at%2012.00.11%20PM.png

Link to video
Probably not. There's silencers on guns now that don't change the sound, like Timur's Lash.

I'm using a freshly obtained Party Crasher+1, with Agressive Ballistics/Field Choke, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel and Rodeo. Not perfect, but good enough for me.

The last perk is the least important one. You have the 3 that matter. That things will be a beast once you level it up!

The last perk is the least important one. You have the 3 that matter. That things will be a beast once you level it up!

Keep it and when you get another one, roll it for Kneepads instead of Rodeo.

Then you can hate yourself for being a sliding shotgun scumbag :p

Yeah it is not bad at all!
Just got P&T out of the silver package and the Eye of Sol (finally!!) out of the gold one. I now have a copy of every gear and weapon in ToO :)

Yeah, I'm not sure if a separate thread would work or not. There was that separate Nightfall thread that didn't really work that well and I think any platform specific LFG thread would have to be moderated pretty heavy to keep discussion out of there instead of in here.

I honestly think the focus on 3 player end game content in HoW is actually part of the problem. Nightfalls and Weeklies have always been the hardest for me personally to get a group together since vanilla. With the low player count, people tend to stick with their regular clicks and friends, then knock them all out at once (usually on reset day) and I've noticed usually during the 9-5 work hours that a lot of the rest of us have.

Raids on the other hand by virtue of being 6-player groups tend to force people to recruit people they don't normally play with to fill the teams. I didn't really have too much trouble finding Raid groups going (pre-HoW), I was usually just restricted by the time commitment. I rarely have an issue getting an Iron Banner train going either. That was one of the reasons I was hoping PoE would have a 6-player version.

ocean

Banned
Keep it and when you get another one, roll it for Kneepads instead of Rodeo.

Then you can hate yourself for being a sliding shotgun scumbag :p
That's too unlikely a roll though. Pushing for 4 different perks to all be in the same roll is seriously pushing probability and would require potentially dozens of re rolls. If you have Aggressive, Shot Package and a range boost like Rifled Barrel I would suggest you just keep it and then re roll a spate of you really wanna get the "perfect" roll.

kudoboi

what's an easy way for a level 26 warlock to find people to do raids with? going through destinyLFG, it looks like most people want someone with rank 32 and above

Might try trials again this weekend, even though I'm pretty terrible. :)

I expect that line right there will make me a hot commodity for teams looking for a third. Yup.

Ikkarus

Might try trials again this weekend, even though I'm pretty terrible. :)

I expect that line right there will make me a hot commodity for teams looking for a third. Yup.
Practice makes perfect. :)

The only way you'll get good is to believe and to practice, practice, practice.

It also helps massively to have levelled weapons and armour too.

I still to this day think the hardest thing about trials is when to push on the enemy or when to sit back. It all depends on your opponents and your team mates.

Yeah, I'm not sure if a separate thread would work or not. There was that separate Nightfall thread that didn't really work that well and I think any platform specific LFG thread would have to be moderated pretty heavy to keep discussion out of there instead of in here.

I honestly think the focus on 3 player end game content in HoW is actually part of the problem. Nightfalls and Weeklies have always been the hardest for me personally to get a group together since vanilla. With the low player count, people tend to stick with their regular clicks and friends, then knock them all out at once (usually on reset day) and I've noticed usually during the 9-5 work hours that a lot of the rest of us have.

Raids on the other hand by virtue of being 6-player groups tend to force people to recruit people they don't normally play with to fill the teams. I didn't really have too much trouble finding Raid groups going (pre-HoW), I was usually just restricted by the time commitment. I rarely have an issue getting an Iron Banner train going either. That was one of the reasons I was hoping PoE would have a 6-player version.

Well said. I wanted to say something like this, but you nailed it better than could have. Grouping three has made it harder for people without a tight core group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom