• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a really good idea, Colonel!

Bungie LISTEN.

@bungie #welisten

Am i doing it right?

Surprise top of page. This will have to do unless I can think of something better.

rdNQEuG.jpg

gatti-man

They could do it like IB , twice a month with double the amount of rewards. To me trials is one of the main advertised features of HoW but for me it's locked behind a time gate lol

I feel your pain. I work Friday night until midnight and Saturday 9am to midnight. That means Sunday morning it's flawless or die. I try and sneak in stuff Friday night late and Saturday night.

Bungie should really either a. Move the times around for trials or b. Let trials be a weekly event with a reset.

ugh, nothing like getting 5-0'd multiple times in trials...

i love the mode, which is odd considering i don't play normal pvp (i think it's garbage). But trials hits the right buttons for me i suppose.

But god, i wish they implemented some sort of BALANCED matchmaking. There's no reason why i should keep playing people who have gone 9-0 multiple times while i have yet to even hit a level 3 package or whatever. Just blows my mind.

Whoyouare

i love the mode, which is odd considering i don't play normal pvp (i think it's garbage). But trials hits the right buttons for me i suppose.

But god, i wish they implemented some sort of BALANCED matchmaking. There's no reason why i should keep playing people who have gone 9-0 multiple times while i have yet to even hit a level 3 package or whatever. Just blows my mind.

I agree. Nothing like going up against a team getting your butt kicked then seeing they completed their passage.

Jrmint

is there a list of shotguns / perks i should be trying to get somewhere?
Party Crasher+1
Matador 64
Felwinters Lie

Perks: Shot package, rifled barrel, aggressive ballistics, any 3rd perk.

That's for pvp. For pve you want Found Verdict or Swordbreaker.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last Trials match from last night was probably the maddest I've ever been at the game. Almost 9 - 0 and we just had to face a laggy team.

Up for some more trials today. Also I need to get both CEs, hard VOG, and several POEs done. Going to be a fun filled day. Thank you rain for making me stay in.

I wish they would do sort of a bronze, silver, and gold tiers for matchmaking. Depending on your win/loss ratio you get put into a certain group.

Last Trials match from last night was probably the maddest I've ever been at the game. Almost 9 - 0 and we just had to face a laggy team.

Up for some more trials today. Also I need to get both CEs, hard VOG, and several POEs done. Going to be a fun filled day. Thank you rain for making me stay in.

I'm up for at least a few of each if you need someone

I'm up for a bunch of stuff today too. I haven't been able to play much this week at all. Luckily got Skolas done earlier today.

PSN saveweyard if you need someone to run stuff with

phen0m24

Thanks Hzoltan and Potatohater for the quick NF run. I got a little crazy at the end just having fun with Angel of light and trying to shoot things in the air

chewydogg

I'd like to do some CE. Haven't touched it since HoW came out.

PSN AdamKoy

phen0m24

Kadey if you do Crota or VoG shoot me an invite.

Trials - well, you've seen me play.

:p

Alucrid

Banned

Party Crasher+1
Matador 64
Felwinters Lie

Perks: Shot package, rifled barrel, aggressive ballistics, any 3rd perk.

That's for pvp. For pve you want Found Verdict or Swordbreaker.

Thanks. I do actually have a good shotgun apparently, Judgement 4 with Field Choke/Aggressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Smallbore and Rodeo

Astral Horizon is pretty shit, right?

chewydogg

I'm up for at least a few of each if you need someone

Kadey if you do Crota or VoG shoot me an invite.

Trials - well, you've seen me play.

:p

That's 4...
Let's do CE.

PSN AdamKoy

I wish they would do sort of a bronze, silver, and gold tiers for matchmaking. Depending on your win/loss ratio you get put into a certain group.

right, was talking to my friends about something similar. even tiers or whatever for people who go 9-0 might work in some way. you hit tier 1 (by going 9-0) and you'll only play others who have hit that tier, never those who haven't.

Could have multiple tiers to keep things competitive as you go, so those who do well won't just run over teams since they'll play others people who do well.

But somehow give others a freaking chance to win some games... jesus.

I'll run hard crota with you. Can do the rest too if you don't find enough players..

Shito

So, I finally got it in me to finish up that Pocket Infinity bounty I had since December or so...
Yay bugged grimoire giving me no points for it!
Yay one less space available in my vault!

right, was talking to my friends about something similar. even tiers or whatever for people who go 9-0 might work in some way. you hit tier 1 (by going 9-0) and you'll only play others who have hit that tier, never those who haven't.

Could have multiple tiers to keep things competitive as you go, so those who do well won't just run over teams since they'll play others people who do well.

With how the rewards work for ToO, that's probably not going to happen. You'd have to have it so those tiers would be limited in rewards, along with limiting the skill of the players.

That would be great, but wouldn't it eventually filter everyone into the 9-0 tier and we'd be right back at the start? Either that or the competition would be so sweaty at the top that no-one would be able to go 9-0 again.

Personally, I think with some super elite teams, lag, and animal errors, they should get rid of the streak requirement altogether. Bump up the number of wins need, but don't track losses.

Edit: I don't like skill being attached to progression. The ability to learn, communicate, and put in the effort should be enough. I'm sure many will disagree, but it's a game for fun, my twitch response (or lack thereof) shouldn't hold me back from progressing in a timely fashion or lock me out of the best gear. Make elite shaders and emblems for the best, but the same as pay to win, leave out the gear advantages.

WipedOut

Yeah, I'm not sure if a separate thread would work or not. There was that separate Nightfall thread that didn't really work that well and I think any platform specific LFG thread would have to be moderated pretty heavy to keep discussion out of there instead of in here.

I honestly think the focus on 3 player end game content in HoW is actually part of the problem. Nightfalls and Weeklies have always been the hardest for me personally to get a group together since vanilla. With the low player count, people tend to stick with their regular clicks and friends, then knock them all out at once (usually on reset day) and I've noticed usually during the 9-5 work hours that a lot of the rest of us have.

Raids on the other hand by virtue of being 6-player groups tend to force people to recruit people they don't normally play with to fill the teams. I didn't really have too much trouble finding Raid groups going (pre-HoW), I was usually just restricted by the time commitment. I rarely have an issue getting an Iron Banner train going either. That was one of the reasons I was hoping PoE would have a 6-player version.
I agree, if you miss the boat on poe or NF then you need to spread out to find someone to do those with. The Xbox community is really thin and these 3 man events have split the community and divided groups up. We only have a few people that are able to help out in trials like unstable, we have a guys that are really great at it but they are only a few people and can only do so much.

I'm not the greatest PVP player, People tend to want to play with other great players, at the same time I'm not really ever going to better at it unless I play more of this play style, no rumble is not going to help me get better at a 3 man game mode. Perfect example was trying to get a group last night to just run trials, not try to get to 9-0. It took over an hour just to get that team together. I need to learn this map, by the time we were done last night guitar we were getting better but it also didn't help we were running into true TEAMS and the try hards.

At the end of the day, the lack of finding a trials team just means I have more time for my backlog.

That would be great, but wouldn't it eventually filter everyone into the 9-0 tier and we'd be right back at the start? Either that or the competition would be so sweaty at the top that no-one would be able to go 9-0 again.

Personally, I think with some super elite teams, lag, and animal errors, they should get rid of the streak requirement altogether. Bump up the number of wins, but don't track losses.

resets each week!

and i mean obviously this hasn't been thought out thoroughly, just a quick idea. but to answer your question you could just have multiple tiers. you're still going to have people in each tier, especially if it resets every week. but at least the competition should be a bit more balanced.

I'll definitely be down for some stuff in about an hour and a half or so.

Ophelion

Looking to do VoG, CE, PoE lvl 32, I'd even switch to my hunter and do nightfall if someone needs it. No one from my friend list is on right now. :-(

PSN mr_vandemar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom