• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

P44

Ugh I'm so god damn bad with this type of stuff.

But basically I'm trying to keep Zoba from killing himself.

Zoba, if you're reading this, I mean I haven't been around DGAF for long, but goddamn you're pretty well loved around these parts, that alone is clear to me. As much as I understand, and I do, I really do - please don't do this.

Follow the advice - get in touch with a hotline. It can help just to have someone you don't know at all remotely talking to you about shit.

noomi

Ok this has now become a completely serious situation. He clearly needs some help, and someone needs to get in touch with his family or relatives.

Lnkn52

This is some serious stuff. People who are very close to Zoba should try to get in touch with him. Don't feel is fair to share other's people business if they didn't ask to.

Lima

So I am not the type of person that levels up a dupe exotic armor piece just because it has a higher stat roll but for this new Heart of Praxic Fire I guess I will make an exception.

My old was kinda shitty and had 139 discipline ascended. The new one has 191 discipline once it is maxed out.

That is the highest roll I've ever seen on a chest piece. Like holy shit just wearing that alone will give me about 70% grenade cooldown.

XenoRaven

Well, I haven't had the chance to interact with him much but I can tell he's a valued and beloved member of this community. Zoba, if you're reading this, a lot of people will be sad if you're not around anymore. I don't know what you've got going on in your personal life but I can tell you there are people who care about you and want to help you. Don't do anything you won't have a chance to take back.

Edit: Going to echo the sentiments about him calling the suicide hotline.

Deku Tree

See I'm really uncomfortable right now. Not sure if this should be shared publicly. But I'm kinda scared.

He's been depressed for awhile. Messaged me on FB that he wants to kill himself.

1 (800) 273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Seriously Zoba is one of the great ones around here. I hope he knows it. Please get him to call the prevention lifeline if you can.

Frenden

Banned
See I'm really uncomfortable right now. Not sure if this should be shared publicly. But I'm kinda scared.

He's been depressed for awhile. Messaged me on FB that he wants to kill himself.
I've had friends kill themselves--you're doing the right thing by seeking help. Contact authorities if need be, take no chances.

I don't know his name/info/location, or I'd be calling someone pronto.

Ken

So I am not the type of person that levels up a dupe exotic armor piece just because it has a higher stat roll but for this new Heart of Praxic Fire I guess I will make an exception.

My old was kinda shitty and had 139 discipline ascended. The new one has 191 discipline once it is maxed out.

That is the highest roll I've ever seen on a chest piece. Like holy shit just wearing that alone will give me about 70% grenade cooldown.

Wow, I think the assumed max was before that was like 184-189. I think I'd definitely level a dupe exotic if the difference was more than 30 points.

What can we do to help?

Probably poke a mod or admin who has his info to get the proper people over.

noomi

Is there anyway you can get in touch with him directly? Or call someone who is close to him?

Message the mods maybe? So they can get help to him?

I know it's not my place to say anything really, but it seems like he really needs some help here....

Jabronium

The hotline saved my life. Please call. At the risk of speaking out of turn, this is likely beyond what any of us here can assist with.

Namikaze1

Seriously. Hotline.

I got the help I needed after thinking of doing the same three years back. All I can say is fuck depression. Makes you do and think stupid things.

Zoba, you got a friend in a lot of us here.

1. Let's please not attack Math for doing what any decent human being would do.

2. As someone who knows more about depression than I'd like to, saying things like, "Just call a hotline" isn't necessarily helpful.

3. Nothing bad can come from letting people know they're loved. I love this community, and you guys have picked me up more times than you know.

ethomaz

Banned

Say to him (sorry I don't know if he is he or she) talk with somebody close or call that hotline number.

I don't think it is a thing to talk in a public place :( unless he/she wants to talk with us.

noomi

Zoba

If you're reading this please just take a moment and just breathe. Whatever is happening, things will get better, I promise.... they always do...

Zocano

Oh. Mm.

Life is a fucking piece of shit that way, yah. I don't know his situation or what struggles he has so I can only speak from my personal experience. I've been fisticuffing with depression for a long long time and bouts of suicide are not atypical. Zoba, you're gonna think to yourself it's not worth it and it won't get better and that everything just hurts. There's something amusing about me trying to tell you to not go through with it when I've been struggling and mulling over the same thoughts for a long time. I don't even know if you'll end up reading this but I want to tell you that if you don't think you can live for yourself try to live for everyone around you. Let us, your friends, family, whatever, whoever know and live for them. Let them (and us) help you to find something to live for. That's what keeps me going from day to day. Like, no matter how petty it is or sad to others, whatever you have around you that keeps you going or whoever loves you and wants to see you grow and succeed, live for them. This is sad and pathetic, but I'd rather not kill myself if it meant missing out on whatever future video games are to come. I don't care what others think but it is just a small thing that keeps me going despite all my struggles. And I have a small group of friends that I lean on when shit gets rough and if we are that group of friends help us help you lean on us. This is a jumbled mess of stuff to say, though. I'm not the best to help you. All I can do is encourage you to see how you bring a positive light to those around you, whoever they may be. But, please, if not for you, then for us, try to find medical professional to help you through this. They're helping me along and letting me vent or cry when I need to and it does a lot of good for me and they know how to help me see better days. I know they can help you see those days, too.

If anyone needs someone I'm free. Although I'm only lvl 27.

Psn: AND1__M

To Zoba, don't know what youre going through mate but there is help out there and there's no shame going for it.

BuzzJive

Hey Zoba. I know very little about you, but I've been hovering over these threads for all 24 of them, and I definitely see your value to the community and discussions here. I have no doubt that you have a broader impact on your real life than you are currently thinking too. Please get the help you need to get through this. My friend and coworker just lost his brother to suicide in the last week and watching the toll it has taken on him and their family has been pretty tough. It's heartbreaking. Don't give in to depression. Get some help.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hey Zoba - you're awesome man. It's been a pleasure watching you play with the devils recently, and some of your posts over at reddit have been really helpful as well. Sucks that you're in a bad place, but a lot of us think highly of the good things you've been doing. I hope you'll take the advice of others here if you're in need of help.

Gordon

I usually just lurk, but hey Zoba, you're cool shit. There are real solutions to every problem, and even the most fucked up shit will fade with time if you give it the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom