• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Mm.

Life is a fucking piece of shit that way, yah. I don't know his situation or what struggles he has so I can only speak from my personal experience. I've been fisticuffing with depression for a long long time and bouts of suicide are not atypical. Zoba, you're gonna think to yourself it's not worth it and it won't get better and that everything just hurts. There's something amusing about me trying to tell you to not go through with it when I've been struggling and mulling over the same thoughts for a long time. I don't even know if you'll end up reading this but I want to tell you that if you don't think you can live for yourself try to live for everyone around you. Let us, your friends, family, whatever, whoever know and live for them. Let them (and us) help you to find something to live for. That's what keeps me going from day to day. Like, no matter how petty it is or sad to others, whatever you have around you that keeps you going or whoever loves you and wants to see you grow and succeed, live for them. This is sad and pathetic, but I'd rather not kill myself if it meant missing out on whatever future video games are to come. I don't care what others think but it is just a small thing that keeps me going despite all my struggles. And I have a small group of friends that I lean on when shit gets rough and if we are that group of friends help us help you lean on us. This is a jumbled mess of stuff to say, though. I'm not the best to help you. All I can do is encourage you to see how you bring a positive light to those around you, whoever they may be. But, please, if not for you, then for us, try to find medical professional to help you through this. They're helping me along and letting me vent or cry when I need to and it does a lot of good for me and they know how to help me see better days. I know they can help you see those days, too.

This is really well said, especially the part I bolded.

Zoba, so many people on here admire you, look up to, even idolize you because of your mad skills and posting acumen. We need you around!

Hey Zoba, I haven't played with you much, but I don't think I've played with anyone here who doesn't know how much of big help you are to this community. Do whatever you have to do to tough it out man.

Zoba is what inspired me to work harder on my hunter and Last Word skills .. I know depression is a major bitch. I will be praying hard for you to pull through this

milkham

zoba, I understand more than i really want to get into, and there's not much i can say that other's haven't already said better than I can. stay strong man

I don't know you Zoba, and I've never played with you since I'm on Xbox, but it's clear you've had a massive positive impact on countless people in this community. This is tangible. It may seem like it's not because it's online and on a forum, but we're all real people here who've met you and been affected by you in a positive way - for real.

I know first hand how much depression sucks, and how much it completely fucks with the way you think and feel and the despair that comes along with it. It's a constant battle, and it's not something you can reason your way out of. That said, no one can know how you feel.

I hope you find the help you need. It's absolutely out there.

<3

edit: That goes to anyone out there with similar thoughts and feelings, too. One love <3

ExVicis

It feels weird to tell someone I'm not too familiar with to keep trying, but Zoba keep trying.

I've been the close friend of someone who decided to take their own life before. No one was happy and everyone was left asking "Why, why did they do it? Why didn't they come to us for help?" and that was everyone from friends to family. It's painful now even to think about the things that friend enjoyed sometimes still because of that suicide. Suicide isn't a victimless crime, don't do it. Even if it feels like no one will are, someone will always care. Even in just this thread you have people who care far more than you know.

LTWood12

Just want to say that Dgaf is a good place, with good people.

You folks are more than just some community board. You're my friends. Love you Dgaf.

My Elder Cipher bounty is at the boss stage. Challenge bosses are basically the Round 5 bosses, right? And how much are Challenge bosses worth?

My Elder Cipher bounty is at the boss stage. Challenge bosses are basically the Round 5 bosses, right? And how much are Challenge bosses worth?

Depends on difficulty. Just google elder cipher and you'll find it on the destiny wikia

Sorry to hear zoba is going through some shit. Best of luck man.

rNilla

So, uh, does anyone want to raid or something? I don't need to do anything but could use the lightheartedness.

We could even do something goofy and stream it? Kumbaya outside the Vault of Glass?Probably not the time or maybe the perfect time.

I'm going to work on some bounties. Feel free to join my fireteam or party chat.

Lima

Just do the 34 boss this week 3 times. Get two other people, kill him and then die immediately (save a rocket or something to blow yourself up). He is worth 350 points so yeah 3 completions will complete the bounty.

There is a section on lfg I think for the elder cypher bounty too.

ExVicis

So, uh, does anyone want to raid or something? I don't need to do anything but could use the lightheartedness.

We could even do something goofy and stream it? Kumbaya outside the Vault of Glass?Probably not the time or maybe the perfect time.

I'm going to work on some bounties. Feel free to join my fireteam or party chat.

Fun Raid or a PvP train maybe?

Ken

I'd be up for Crota full.

Why are we all depressed? Why does it seem like the most sensitive, most interesting, most alive people are always the most depressed?

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night . . .

Always worried that I'll say the wrong thing and make things worse, so I'll keep it short. Zoba, please find something no matter how small to make you happy.

I have a bunch more, but don't want to offer it unsolicited. I think we only played together a couple of times, but I can be quite chatty if you ever want to shoot the shit while shooting shit.

hm Vog starting from oracles?

When you planning to do POE this weekend ?

In an hour or so, after lunch.

blackjaw

Well I hope I got though to him. If only a little.

Thank you Math, you did good.

I've had too many friends take their life and I know how hard it is on everyone left behind. I have scars on my heart from those that have left too soon due to depression and life getting them down.

It's never worth it, if you are having those thoughts please seek professional help, so much to live for even if you can't see a way out of that dark pit.

Zoba I wish you the best and look forward to playing again soon.

Zoba, I've always enjoyed playing with you and listening to everything you have to say. You are an awesome person and I hope the very best for you. We all miss you

Hang in there Zoba. The fact that all of DGAF cares this much about you despite being relative strangers is evidence of the positive impact you have on the people around you. I can only imagine how much you mean to your close friends and family. Stay strong for them and for yourself.

I lost the love of my life to depression, ever since that day I have done anything to save anyone from it.

Zoba, I barely know you, you seem like a very great guy in the community, just be strong man. You have all these people who care for you. If you ever need anything you can always PM me if you're reading this. And this goes out to anyone who is dealing with depression as well.

LTWood12

Watching Unstable and Zoba carry my good friend T-44 to the lighthouse together a few weeks ago was so incredibly awesome. Had a smile on my face that whole weekend. It meant a lot to him.

exYle

Zoba =(

The only thing that kept me going for a while was knowing that if I killed myself, the amount of hurt I would cause to the people who value me was greater than the amount of relief I would provide for myself. It was kind of distant and utilitarian, but it worked until I was able to finally seek help.

10866281_408143466059079_7083385258655581492_o.jpg

;)
I wonder what I have to do to get an ice breaker as an award. Not that I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom