• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjq9x_rjMgs

Weapon/armor overlook by Datto

Keypoints-
Weapons are more easier identified thanks to having different 'Manufacturers'.
New Sidearms are basically Hand Cannons, but actually have kick(Which regular hand cannons should have)
New perks
New armors
They've removed teh 'armor' stat, no more thousands of armor that does nothing
They're moving towards a 'light' based armor/weapon in regards to taking/dealing damage.
Datto sucks at hiding the menu
Class Items actually provide bonuses(Hooray!)

The sidearms are much lower damage, around 20 less damage per shot. I hope the kick we're seeing in that video is a universal change to handcannons in a future balance patch.

I'm loving all the new sights I'm seeing. I think I heard new sound effects for the auto rifles and pulse rifles. The scout rifles sounded like the Mida. Hopefully that's placeholder as the sound should remain unique to the exotic. The perks however are all awful. I haven't seen a single new perk that looks worth using let alone re-rolling for. I really hope armor re-rolling stays in the game.

It also looks like there's a new planet material, wormspore on the dreadnaught.

Went 4-0 tonight then 3 losses in a row,cant count how many times i got sniped with a felwinter.Ill be back it tomorrow night hoping to get the step child messenger and maybe one day see Mercury.

I actually liked things like weekly lockouts and limits on what we can earn every week to level the playing field between those who have more time to play and those who dont.Sadly pvp is one aspect where obviously more practice and time learning maps is what makes players great.While i understand leaving some of the best weapons in the game to the best pvpers it just sucks for those who focused on pve activities as there is no secondary route to them.I guess i figured pvp was so unbalanced and broken not to mention horrible latency issues that they would never make it a must to get new top tier weapons.

/end of sad rant.

Lima

Went 4-0 tonight then 3 losses in a row,cant count how many times i got sniped with a felwinter.Ill be back it tomorrow night hoping to get the step child messenger and maybe one day see Mercury.

I actually liked things like weekly lockouts and limits on what we can earn every week to level the playing field between those who have more time to play and those who dont.Sadly pvp is one aspect where obviously more practice and time learning maps is what makes players great.While i understand leaving some of the best weapons in the game to the best pvpers it just sucks for those who focused on pve activities as there is no secondary route to them.I guess i figured pvp was so unbalanced and broken not to mention horrible latency issues that they would never make it a must to get new top tier weapons.

/end of sad rant.

None of the weapons are useful outside of PvP really. Yeah you could get a solar or void Jewel but Vision or Word of Crota do just as well for burn stuff.

Shito

None of the weapons are useful outside of PvP really. Yeah you could get a solar or void Jewel but Vision or Word of Crota do just as well for burn stuff.
Heck, apart from the messenger they are not even that good for PVP.
And even then you can grind the dragon playlist to get a messenger-like...

Deku Tree

Got to Mercury last night.
Bought 1000 weapons parts from Brother Vance.

I don't get to Mercury too often.
And I got plenty of shards still.

GAF: Should I buy another 1000 weapons parts before reset?

the cost is approx 1000 shards per 1000 weapons parts... And ten trips back and forth from the tower to the reef.... Maybe I could buy another 500 lol.

Lima

In my opinion the best reward from Trials was the etheric light. Getting 9 etheric light that first weekend the DLC was out was incredible when it was still in short supply. People that only play PvE get the short stick here cause they are hungry for light while I have like 20 in the vault still with no clue on what to upgrade cause I already put shit in stuff like the Epilogue.

Deku Tree

Drop rate of legendary weapons from Dragons is probably like 30% according to someone on reddit and then it's RNG between probably at least ten different weapons so assuming each has an equal chance then you'll need to grind at least 33-34 dragon strikes on average to get a H Pilgrim. Quite time consuming.

Shito

Drop rate of legendary weapons from Dragons is probably like 30% according to someone on reddit and then it's RNG between probably at least ten different weapons so assuming each has an equal chance then you'll need to grind at least 33-34 dragon strikes on average to get a H Pilgrim. Quite time consuming.
Oh yeah, no doubt about that, but it's still a viable alternative for people (like me ^^) who can't go 9-0.

Everyone should upgrade their Epilogue. Top tier weapon right there.

You laugh but I did just that for NF this week. Ask Robinson, fallen and hive alike were overwhelmed with feelings of terror. Dregs were so paralyzed with fear, they couldn't run from the 65 rounds it took to kill them.

Which weapon should I ascend next guys?

The choice is obvious:

CIBkk81VEAEWnHA.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom