• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Can I just say how much fun the Crucible looked in all these tTK E3 videos without any exotic weapons?

All weapons were viable, from scouts to low impact hand-cannons to even auto rifles.

The shotguns in the build were not the super impact and range shotguns we have now either and required at least 2 shots at closer range for kills.

Everyone had engaging and longer lasting firefights with each other, not insanely quick deaths.

I wonder if tTK will bring a drastic weapon re-balancing as well.

Lima

Can I just say how much fun the Crucible looked in all these tTK E3 videos without any exotic weapons?

All weapons were viable, from scouts to low impact hand-cannons to even auto rifles.

The shotguns in the build were not the super impact and range shotguns we have now either and required at least 2 shots at closer range for kills.

Everyone had engaging and longer lasting firefights with each other, not insanely quick deaths.

It better does. I'm kinda tired of the Thorn/TLW meta by now.

Deku Tree

Ok I spent a boat load of of shards and I went from 150 weapons parts to 1500 and I don't plan on rerolling anything right now. I think I'm good on weapons parts until at least TYK.

I still have over 600 shards and energies each.

ocean

Banned

I played Combined Arms today because I hadn't seen First Light in months. I remembered hating it but thought maybe some Beta nostalgia would make up for it.

I actually had a ton of fun in the map because it felt like the original Destiny PvP experience. Not because the map itself is what we first experienced but because of how it plays.

It's too big for shotguns for the most part. The Last Word is impractical. Thorn was there but not 7/10 guns like in other modes. Tons of snipers and then closer encounters being fought out with abilities, hand cannons, scouts, pulse rifles...it was often possible to escape before getting killed.

Playing in close quarters with 2-shot kill primaries (TLW and Thorn) + 1 shot kill shotguns had made me forget that the average time to kill used to be a lot higher. Even in Suros' heyday that thing did not kill as fast as TLW can.

In short, First Light may not be a fantastic map but it was refreshing as hell to have some matches in the old style.

phen0m24

Happy Father's Day DGAF! I was told that for the first time this year and it felt great! Then I went to play Destiny this morning when my baby decided it was time to wake up by taking a massive shitbomb. Stay losing. My gf is going out to take the car in for maintenance otherwise I might've had time for Trials finally but maybe not. Back to Crucible I go.
Hey bro so I namedropped you as the original kamikaze medic on Unstable's stream lol

:p

Happy father's day! :)

Lima

I played Combined Arms today because I hadn't seen First Light in months. I remembered hating it but thought maybe some Beta nostalgia would make up for it.

I actually had a ton of fun in the map because it felt like the original Destiny PvP experience. Not because the map itself is what we first experienced but because of how it plays.

It's too big for shotguns for the most part. The Last Word is impractical. Thorn was there but not 7/10 guns like in other modes. Tons of snipers and then closer encounters being fought out with abilities, hand cannons, scouts, pulse rifles...it was often possible to escape before getting killed.

Playing in close quarters with 2-shot kill primaries (TLW and Thorn) + 1 shot kill shotguns had made me forget that the average time to kill used to be a lot higher. Even in Suros' heyday that thing did not kill as fast as TLW can.

In short, First Light may not be a fantastic map but it was refreshing as hell to have some matches in the old style.

There are also a lot of sub 20 people in that playlist for some reason.

Deku Tree

So is there somewhere on the PS4 or on PSN where I can see the total amount of playtime that I have in Destiny? (Like the total amount of time that the game has been loaded. I know I can see time played per toon etc on B.net but that's not what I'm looking for...)

My Wii U has a menu that shows this... It even breaks it down by daily, weekly and monthly playtime in each game.

rc213

Anyone need or want to help me kill Xyor for the thorn bounty?

th3dude119

I would love to but I'm at work. I solo'd it, Just be sure and have a Arc Shotgun for the boomer/nights with shield just melts them. And a rocket launcher to make quick work of the wizards.

phen0m24

So is there somewhere on the PS4 or on PSN where I can see the total amount of playtime that I have in Destiny? (Like the total amount of time that the game has been loaded. I know I can see time played per toon etc on B.net but that's not what I'm looking for...)

My Wii U has a menu that shows this... It even breaks it down by daily, weekly and monthly playtime in each game.

Destinystatus.Com deku

Shito

So, now that weapon parts are somewhat needed again... dismantling an exotic should yield more than 3 of them. Should give at least 10 or 20...

So, now that weapon parts are somewhat needed again... dismantling an exotic should yield more than 3 of them. Should give at least 10 or 20...

There should also be something to use exotic shards for besides levelling exotics. I have 70 from dismantling Xur engrams. Completely useless.

Admodieus

Would like to do Templar on Hard Mode or 32 PoE today at some point...only problem is that I'm a 31 with no Icebreaker, so if anybody has room for a sub-optimal teammate, let me know

ocean

Banned
There are also a lot of sub 20 people in that playlist for some reason.

Well I suppose it looks like a legit mode for new players, while we know Bungie basically created a trash bin with the most hated maps and called it Combined Arms.

JayHayabusa

Would like to do Templar on Hard Mode or 32 PoE today at some point...only problem is that I'm a 31 with no Icebreaker, so if anybody has room for a sub-optimal teammate, let me know

Looking to do Templar HM. Have the CP. need 5 more. So that's makes us two. Since activity is a bit low I'll post again.

1. jayforone
2. Southwark

Admodieus

Looking to do Templar HM. Have the CP. need 5 more. So that's makes us two. Since activity is a bit low I'll post again.

1. jayforone
2. Southwark

Sounds good, do you have a time in mind? Ideally I'd like to get rolling in about two hours, but could do it a little earlier if needed

ocean

Banned
I've been trying to find a game for combined arms for the past 20 minutes...never goes beyond 5 players...stuck in searching screen.

So weird! I played it for like 2 hours earlier. Had 2 games where I hopped into matches in progress but in general matchmaking was ok.

GutZ31

All I know is that I better be able to get a cloak for my hunter that looks something like this.

76Zy344.jpg

gatti-man

I've broken a new gaming milestone with destiny. I've worn out one of my controllers. To celebrate I went balls out with a scuf ps4 controller white fully loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom