• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone wanna do a trials run? Running a Hunter with 365 Thorn/Hawkmoon/TLW, 365 Shotty, 331 Sniper, 331 Hunger. Went 9-1 yesterday.

PSN - rolyreyes

ocean

Banned
Man it's incredible what a difference practice does in Crucible. I don't run NFs or Dailies or Strike Playlists ever anymore. I am done with Prison of elders. If there's a spot for VoG or CE, in always down for that but sadly people rarely so fresh runs anymore.

Result? I've been playing Crucible. A lot. Bear in mind, this is the first first person shooter I play. I mean of course I've been at a friends house and done some CoD matches in the past but that doesn't really count.

I've gone from .6-.8 range to 1.2. - 1.4 on average. Higher with Hunter because of Knucklehead Radar. I learned how to snipe. It feels so good getting those clutch long distance headshots.

I'm still not a pro obviously and probably never will be but I'm happy to see tangible results from continued practice.

Still need to work on blink. I can use it to get out of trouble, but I don't know how to blink and reliably land in your face.

raindoc

So I got Bloodborne on friday and never played a Souls game before.

Thinking about soloing Skolas now, for the casual experience...

phen0m24

Just take your time. It's not as earth-shattering as it's made out to be. Each enemy has a tell and if you learn them you don't have to rush into any encounter. A lot of dashing left or right. You'll see. :)

GutZ31

casual.jpg

Any Souls game would be like soloing VoG for the first time ever, on hard.
But it takes some times to learn that death and failure are just part of life, and to come back and remember that one asshole that keeps stabbing you from around that corner.

deafmedal

Haven't run a raid in sometime, would like to start up a fresh HM VoG- need 4!

1. deaf
2. squid
3. this
4. spot
5. is
6. yours!

noomi

300+ weapon parts
100+ motes

Got the fucking God roll on my BTRD-345 and elemental damage that I wanted

- Void
- Aggressive Ballistics
- Hidden Hand
- SnapShot
- Rodeo

Mmmmmmmmm

Bradach

I got a fatebringer last night. Yay.

I now have all the weapons I want from the game. I'd take 4th horseman but I'm not too pushed

I wonder if my interest in the game will begin to wind down now... (It's basically all I've played for 6 months)

Does anyone else just not feeling like doing Skolas ever again? I don't know what it is about the fight but I detest it. It feels like a small mistake quickly turns into a wipe, and unfortunately most of the mistakes happen around the two mine phases which takes 3-5 mins to get to usually.

If it wasn't for the mines I think I'd enjoy the fight, but that particular element just makes most groups panic and start dying, and this week is especially shitty with brawler (YES LET ME GO UP AND MELEE LEVEL 35s) and Juggler.

Also doesn't help I guess that I've completed all 3 exotic bounties and don't really care about any of the weapon drops.

My titan hasn't done it, I see all these POE 35 groups at skolas on LFG and I think ... "nah, I'd rather just play some crucible."

mcz117chief

Hi, guys. I recently started playing Destiny and I have a few questions.

1) How does weapon damage in pvp work ? Or rather, how does gear work in pvp in general ?

2) Is there any reason to keep for example a revolver when I found a stronger scout rifle or vice versa ?

3) Are there any cutscenes in the game ? I got to the Moon and so far there was only the intro.

4) Is there anything to do in the game once I finish the story besides pvp ?

5) any permanent melee weapons in the game ?

can someone please answer these questions of mine ? :(

Yea it's not that bad. Once you get passed the learning how to survive thing and knowing you're going to die, a lot, it becomes fantastic.

After 200+ (!) motes of light it finally happened. The Xbox hawkmoon:

BcgfDxD.png

Luck in the chamber, final round, and small bore to reduce magazine size. Even came with a bonus explosive round perk!

Now I'm Destiny broke though..

I almost gave up with Luck in the chamber, battle born (or whatever the perk is that increases your movement after a kill) and smallbore, but I'm glad I didn't.

darthbob

1) How does weapon damage in pvp work ? Or rather, how does gear work in pvp in general ?

2) Is there any reason to keep for example a revolver when I found a stronger scout rifle or vice versa ?

3) Are there any cutscenes in the game ? I got to the Moon and so far there was only the intro.

1. Weapon damage in PvP is normalized, except when playing Iron Banner or Trials of Osiris. You'll just have to get a feel for what weapons work best for you however.
  2. Mostly just personal preference when you get to using Legendary tier weapons. Compare the two, and if one has perks that you'll take advantage of, then you may want to stick with that. But, you should still experiment rather than keep using the same gear. Same goes for armor.
  3. There are plenty of non-skippable cutscenes scattered throughout the 'campaign'.
  4. Strikes, Raids, Prison of Elders. There's quite a bit of PvE endgame content to do.
  5. No.

Deku Tree

1) weapon damage in PvP is dictated by "impact" within each weapon class. Nothing else matters unless level advantages are enabled like in ToO.

2) keep the weapons you want to use. Discard the ones you don't.

3) there are two cutscenes in the game. They both stink.

4) the game has a huge loot based endgame once the story is done. It that has both PvP and PvE elements. The raids and the weekly strikes are the main PvE endgame activities.

5) No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom