• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Hi, guys. I recently started playing Destiny and I have a few questions.

4) Is there anything to do in the game once I finish the story besides pvp ?

Darthbob addressed your questions, but to elaborate on this one. PvE has a lot of endgame content.

• Daily Heroic story missions, one per day. Large amounts of XP, materials and at higher levels ascendant materials.
  • Weekly Heroic strikes. XP, vanguard marks, strange coins (to buy exotic items from Xur, the weekend vendor), engrams.
  • Weekly Nightfall strike. Very difficult strike, rewards are legendary or exotic items.
  • Raids, of which there are two.
  • Strike playlists, the highest of which (level 28) drops a lot of XP, engrams, vanguard marks, and a chance for legendary gear and weapons.
  • Prison of Elders, the House of Wolves arena.
Some of this is subject to whether you have the expansions.

Hi, guys. I recently started playing Destiny and I have a few questions.

1) How does weapon damage in pvp work ? Or rather, how does gear work in pvp in general ?

2) Is there any reason to keep for example a revolver when I found a stronger scout rifle or vice versa ?

3) Are there any cutscenes in the game ? I got to the Moon and so far there was only the intro.

4) Is there anything to do in the game once I finish the story besides pvp ?

5) any permanent melee weapons in the game ?

I just wanted to add on to what Darth, Deku. And Ghaleon said.

In normal Crucible (not iron banner which is once a month for 1 whole week, 6v6 control with level advantages enabled. And trials of Osiris which is Friday to Tuesday, 3v3 Elimination with level advantages enabled), your weapon and gear perks still apply (fast reload, more heavy ammo, etc). The actual attack values do not. What's important is to get a feel of each weapon class and then you can compare the impact/fire rate/etc of 2 like weapons. For example you'll notice fairly high impact on Hand Cannons and fairly small impact on Snipers. That means their Base attacks are different because snipers hit harder. When you have 2 different snipers then you can make the apples to apples comparison in terms of stat values.

The biggest part of this game is playing with people. When you're able to do Vault of Glass (vanilla raid) , I'd highly recommend it. Post on here and people will be glad to show you the ropes. Then if you got both of the DLC you can check out the 2nd raid, and the Prison of Elders Horde mode.

noomi

I'm going to do it, going to delete one of my hunters right now.... need to transfer all this gear first.... I'm afraid gaf... hold me.

Will I lose time played if I delete this hunter? I probably have amassed like 250+ hours on this one

960hours across all my guys....

Nuszka

I'm going to do it, going to delete one of my hunters right now.... need to transfer all this gear first.... I'm afraid gaf... hold me.

Will I lose time played if I delete this hunter? I probably have amassed like 250+ hours on this one

960hours across all my guys....

Yes you will lose your play time on that character, btw pm me when you need help with the story.

mcz117chief

Then if you got both of the DLC you can check out the 2nd raid, and the Prison of Elders Horde mode.

I have the Expansion Pass so I think I have both unless I have to install them somewhere else manually. But I did just start playing on the Moon so I am pretty much at the start.

noomi

it...... it is done.

giphy.gif

Thanks Robinson and Tears for run! Got the Messenger and the chest, though only Etheric Light from the Silver Package (stop trolling me Bungie with no Gjallarhorn).

We were pretty much dominating by the end there. I can feel a trip to Mercury in my future . . .

phen0m24

Here's a shameful admission:

So I took Destiny out of the PS4

and I can't find the case

Tells you how often it leaves the PS4

Thanks Robinson and Tears for run! Got the Messenger and the chest, though only Etheric Light from the Silver Package (stop trolling me Bungie with no Gjallarhorn).

We were pretty much dominating by the end there. I can feel a trip to Mercury in my future . . .

Some rough games on the Sunday but definitely good fun that last ticket. It all started when those guys teabagged us after the first round.
Don't think they saw more then my ass for the 5 following rounds.

Good job with that Matador man, that thing is a killer. Part of me wants it, but that HB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom