• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trace

Banned
Thanks to everyone a couple days ago for the ToO sniper recommendations.

Got a Her Benevolence with Longview SLR10/Ambush scopes, Hidden-Hand, Injection Mold, and Unflinching.

Only took me like 14 rolls to get it too :)

I can't believe I just did the same scrubby shit I make fun of people for. I got blasted by a golden gun and IMMEDIATELY resurrected. As soon as I pressed the buttons I felt so fucking stupid and 1 second later I was dead. I am so ashamed.

This map has me playing unbelievably poor.

That's also what I get for playing stupid ass warlock. Last class I made and it'll be the first one I delete.

Lima

I can't believe I just did the same scrubby shit I make fun of people for. I got blasted by a golden gun and IMMEDIATELY resurrected. As soon as I pressed the buttons I felt so fucking stupid and 1 second later I was dead. I am so ashamed.

This map has me playing unbelievably poor.

That's also what I get for playing stupid ass warlock. Last class I made and it'll be the first one I delete.

That is why you don't play self rez. Use radiant skin and use your super aggressively. Nine out of ten times people do not expect that.

What are my chances of getting a raid group together for Vault of Glass of people who have never done it before? Me and my brother have got to 27/28 and would love to take a shot at it but not just be pulled through it by people who already know it in and out.

I know that's unlikely nowadays since mostly everyone has probably done it already, but I thought I would post on here anyway.

That is why you don't play self rez. Use radiant skin and use your super aggressively. Nine out of ten times people do not expect that.
That's how I use it in regular crucible. Maybe I should try it in trials as well.

Or maybe I should just never play warlock again.

The latter sounds like the better choice. I do love firebolt grenades though, and that godly melee.

Siaynoqq

That's how I use it in regular crucible. Maybe I should try it in trials as well.

Or maybe I should just never play warlock again.

The latter sounds like the better choice. I do love firebolt grenades though, and that godly melee.

Solution: Play voidwalker.

(This recommendation has been officially endorsed by Zoba).

What are my chances of getting a raid group together for Vault of Glass of people who have never done it before? Me and my brother have got to 27/28 and would love to take a shot at it but not just be pulled through it by people who already know it in and out.

I know that's unlikely nowadays since mostly everyone has probably done it already, but I thought I would post on here anyway.

Are you PS4? Odds are still not great for all newbie raid but way better than any other system. Definitely worth asking around. The other option is to have 1, max 2 experienced players who agree to keep quiet unless asked for advice haha. Hawkian does newbie raids on Thursdays and I'm sure he'd be open to something like that if all the newbies were on board.

I'd also be happy to play the "silent sherpa" role if there's enough newbies to fill out the roster. I strongly agree that playing raids blind or close to it is the most fun. Nothing like figuring it out instead of just being told what to do.

I need to start doing this. Self rez doesn't catch anyone by surprise anymore.

The real self-res OPness comes when your orb is next to teammates' orbs and you can immediately revive them. It's a very hit-or-miss super, sometimes it saves rounds from certain doom and other times you have to sit on it too long then waste it when it's not good for anything.

Warlocks in ToO are weird to me, they're obviously powerful and I see a ton of people using them but I just hate their play style.

anyone doing a quick lvl 34 I could join?

PSN: Bradach333

I'd be up for this if we can find a third. I don't imagine you have a cipher bounty and want to kill the boss 3x to get the 1000 points?

Omni

I bought a PS4!

Probably won't get Destiny for a little bit as I've got some single player games to sink some time into, but if anyone wants to add me for the time being my PSN is just randomrosso

:)

The real self-res OPness comes when your orb is next to teammates' orbs and you can immediately revive them. It's a very hit-or-miss super, sometimes it saves rounds from certain doom and other times you have to sit on it too long then waste it when it's not good for anything.

Warlocks in ToO are weird to me, they're obviously powerful and I see a ton of people using them but I just hate their play style.

Yeah, until I get my light beyond nemesis leveled revives aren't happening. I'm not a fan of warlocks in general though for PvP either. Hunters are the only way to go.

ocean

Banned
The main problem with self res is that players see it coming. Sunsinger dead in one of the later rounds? Yeah focus on that orb. The real issue is that because the animation takes so long, by the time you can start moving you're already being Matadored to death. A clutch melee can save you but it's a little inconsistent.

I play a lot better with a Voidwalker. Voidfang and Axion or Nothing Manacles and Scatter <3

Jinjo

I'm a changed man, DGAF. Switched to Jumper and it feels like I'm born anew. So much control during my blinking/catapulting. Feels amazing.

Don't ask my why I was playing default all this time, I have no legitimate and sane answer that will satisfy that question.

ocean

Banned
I'm a changed man, DGAF. Switched to Jumper and it feels like I'm born anew. So much control during my blinking/catapulting. Feels amazing.

Don't ask my why I was playing default all this time, I have no legitimate and sane answer that will satisfy that question.
Tried Jumper on Patrol.
Everything was strange.
Can't get used to it this far into the game :(

Because default is default and it's the usual scheme in most games? I keep thinking about making the switch, but having the goddamn super on X is gonna piss me off so much at first. Plus I wish jump would've been on R1. Would've liked that a lot more.

Just LFG'd for a VoG on XB1 thinking it would be easier to find a group than 360. It was. Unfortunately, it was with the biggest douchebags I have met in Destiny to date. At one point, we orbited because the Relic holder wasn't able to destroy Oracles in the Templar fight, and we reloaded on Gorgon's Labyrinth. Dude runs and sets off a Gorgon because he "already has two Fatebringers".

Shito

This post on bungie.net made me smile.

PATCH NOTES:

1) We've noticed that one or two guardians still persist on using auto rifles. Seriously, take the hint. The use of auto rifles is not the way Bungie intended people to play this game. As a result, range and impact to all auto rifles is halved.

2) Having collected the data, we can see that most guardians still keep 1 or 2 empty spaces in their vaults, so clearly we have made them too big. The weapon section of the vault will be reduced by 2 slots. 1 extra slot will be added for armour.

3) It seems that you guys really enjoy using the Thorn and we want to enhance the things in the game to you love. Thorns range will be increased by 200% and damage over time increased to 30 seconds. Luck in the chamber will be given to every round.

4) You asked and we listened! The ball in the tower will now be 30% more purple and 15% rounder. You're welcome guardians.

Lima

Sum of all tears and finally got my Matador in that same match? Not bad. Time to start rerolling this thing. Have enough motes and 2000 weapon parts still. Last gun I'm gonna be rerolling.

Lima

Be the bull
y

5 motes in and I got aggressive ballistics, shot package, rifled barrel and kneepads.

GG lol

Would have liked reinforced over rifled barrel cause the reload on it is already slow but hey the Felwinter isn't exactly Sonic in that regard either.

Shito

5 motes in and I got aggressive ballistics, shot package, rifled barrel and kneepads.

GG lol

Would have liked reinforced over rifled barrel cause the reload on it is already slow but hey the Felwinter isn't exactly Sonic in that regard either.
Nice!
Reloading stat is kinda useless in PVP anyways: if you have to reload, that means you are already dead.
Mine dropped with aggressive ballistics, shot package, reinforced barrel and grenadier.
Couldn't find it in me to reroll it only for that last perk... :)

Jinjo

Tried Jumper on Patrol.
Everything was strange.
Can't get used to it this far into the game :(

Do it bro. This is the secret to mastering the blink I feel. You can instantly turn while in the blink so you can always keep an eye on your opponent. No more feeling like a headless chicken after a blink.

Because default is default and it's the usual scheme in most games? I keep thinking about making the switch, but having the goddamn super on X is gonna piss me off so much at first. Plus I wish jump would've been on R1. Would've liked that a lot more.

Just play with it for a while, after a certain time you won't make the mistake again. Super on X is more reliable than L1-R1 I feel too. Only mistake I make now still is throwing a nade when wanting melee. Time will fix that.

Congrats! It's an experience every PvE player should do at least once. As much as I dislike that fight, getting my first kill is still one of my most memorable Destiny experiences.

Congrats it really is fun sword bearing.

Anyone wanna help us with trials we need one?

Legendkilla3rd

Do it bro. This is the secret to mastering the blink I feel. You can instantly turn while in the blink so you can always keep an eye on your opponent. No more feeling like a headless chicken after a blink.

Just play with it for a while, after a certain time you won't make the mistake again. Super on X is more reliable than L1-R1 I feel too. Only mistake I make now still is throwing a nade when wanting melee. Time will fix that.
Yeah I'll probably give it a shot after reset. I'm certainly not gonna try it while I'm still playing trials, lol. Hopefully I'll be used to it by Friday when trials rolls around again.

Your chances will be higher on tuesdays reset thats when most do it.

Jinjo

Yeah I'll probably give it a shot after reset. I'm certainly not gonna try it while I'm still playing trials, lol. Hopefully I'll be used to it by Friday when trials rolls around again.

No don't do that indeed lol. It's why I switched now. Will be playing everything this week using Jumper and hopefully come friday my body
hand-brain coordination
is ready.

Nuszka

So i am off work today , have not touched the controller since friday afternoon and i am reading about a downtime server wise for 6 hours. Bungie why do you not allow me to play trials :(

TheOddOne

Just LFG'd for a VoG on XB1 thinking it would be easier to find a group than 360. It was. Unfortunately, it was with the biggest douchebags I have met in Destiny to date. At one point, we orbited because the Relic holder wasn't able to destroy Oracles in the Templar fight, and we reloaded on Gorgon's Labyrinth. Dude runs and sets off a Gorgon because he "already has two Fatebringers".
One of my first experiences was like that, and put me off from doing it again. I eventually did it again and have had some great teammates since then.

Worth noting is that VoG LFG isn’t as filled as it use to be, because most good people have moved on from it to other parts of Destiny. Half of the time now you’re stuck with bad kids and/or douches.

The switch to Jumper is worth it. Just be prepared for some seriously scrubby moments during the learning curve. You will fall to your death, waste your super, melee at nothing by pressing the right stick too hard, etc.

I've been using it for a week after being on default controls since launch. Just start with easier PvE stuff, spam L1 to jump around the tower, low stress normal Crucible. And then dive into Trials and don't stress if you make a bad play here or there. It's already starting to feel pretty natural for after a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom