• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The switch to Jumper is worth it. Just be prepared for some seriously scrubby moments during the learning curve. You will fall to your death, waste your super, melee at nothing by pressing the right stick too hard, etc.

Melee is the hardest thing to get over. I wish I could switch. I popped Blade Dance and just ran at two ppl like a dumb ass spamming grenade over and over again.

Waldini

This coming maintenance news makes me sad.

I'm done with work in about 6 hours. When I get home, Destiny will be down for 5~6 hours. I still have a 6-0 Trials Passage and I can still buy a loss-boon and 2x win boon. Which potentially could net me my Mercury thingy... however, the game will be down till 23:00. Which freaking sucks ..

JonCha

Are you PS4? Odds are still not great for all newbie raid but way better than any other system. Definitely worth asking around. The other option is to have 1, max 2 experienced players who agree to keep quiet unless asked for advice haha. Hawkian does newbie raids on Thursdays and I'm sure he'd be open to something like that if all the newbies were on board.

I'd also be happy to play the "silent sherpa" role if there's enough newbies to fill out the roster. I strongly agree that playing raids blind or close to it is the most fun. Nothing like figuring it out instead of just being told what to do.

Likewise. I'm not super experienced but I have done it a couple of times so would happy to go along with newer folks. Vault of Glass is fun when you have a good group together.

Edit: also up for doing PoE 32/34 if folks are interested. I'm level 33.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Great. Just came across my first team of Lag Switchers in Trials with Ikkarus.

Luke/DeeJ/Eric - how do I go about reporting these cheating fucks, outside of the game? I have video evidence, and these guys need to be perma-banned quick-smart.

ocean

Banned
Scuf look so nice but they're way too expensive. With a few options it's 170€ (like US$200) - damn.

Waiting a month or two in hopes of Sony being shameless and giving us an elite Dual Shock.

Theorry

Damn that downtime today. I know there isnt a perfect time. But 5 pm until 11 pm really sucks. Thats the whole night and the only time i can play. :(

Ikkarus

Jeez, I've come up against a lag switching team and now DDOS's. Trials is rife with tom foolery today.

One of our team mates got kicked right at the start then we went 3-1 up with 2 of us and then they kicked my other teammate and then it was just me. :(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Jeez, I've come up against a lag switching team and now DDOS's. Trials is rife with tom foolery today.

One of our team mates got kicked right at the start then we went 3-1 up with 2 of us and then they kicked my other teammate and then it was just me. :(
Yup.

Luckily it didn't count as a loss on my card. I am currently 8-0...

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Titan progress report: Level 8, almost done with moon story missions! We are getting there!

A big thanks to silver and captscience for helping me last night quickly go through some of the harder story missions. You guys rock! Thanks so much!

During the last 5min with silver I was actually falling asleep at the console because I was so tired and got very little sleep the previous two days lol.

MrMuscle

Good morning DGAF!

Titan progress report: Level 8, almost done with moon story missions! We are getting there!

A big thanks to silver and captscience for helping me last night quickly go through some of the harder story missions. You guys rock! Thanks so much!

During the last 5min with silver I was actually falling asleep at the console because I was so tired and got very little sleep the previous two days lol.

If I see you on doing some grinding ill gladly boost you thru some missions man. I need you to see the glory that is the Titan!

Nuszka

So from now i have about an hour of playing trials and i am reading comments that it is filled with ddos crap, then whenever i gat back from the cinema the servers are down, lol thats all what i am left with right now . Is anyone up for some trials...

Rainmaker

Banned
If anyone needs an extra for ToO on PS4 I'm free. I'm a scrub (I can not warn you enough about how bad I seem to be) but I'd really just like to play and best case scenario get my first piece of ToO armor.

noomi

If I see you on doing some grinding ill gladly boost you thru some missions man. I need you to see the glory that is the Titan!

Thanks man, appreciate that. I'm going to try to get through some more today so if your on I gladly take some help hehe :)

Still getting used to that titan jump, but one thing I know is that.... I love punching...

PUNCH ALL THE THINGS!

So from now i have about an hour of playing trials and i am reading comments that it is filled with ddos crap, then whenever i gat back from the cinema the servers are down, lol thats all what i am left with right now . Is anyone up for some trials...

Gah that's really crappy, will you be on tonight on our usual time?

Would anyone like to team up for ToO with someone who hasn't done it before, doesn't have a mic but does have a shotgun etc...also i'm not bothered about 9 wins, lightouse etc...iwant 5 for the chest piece.

:)

synful_deus

thanks!

Edit: I guess for ToO i'd want Her Courtesy over Icebreaker for example...

Waldini

Lag switching team in Trials. Oh the joy.

We encountered a team which utilised the lag-switch to perfection. They had a Hunter going invisible and just jump-rush towards us. We couldn't do shit. The other two just warped straight towards us.

We had the "tunnel" covered. We saw nothing. All of a sudden the other 2 enemy team members where right next to us. A friend even yelled "ONE TUNNEL" while I clearly saw both next to him. The Hunter just used the Shotgun and tore us apart. Strange thing was that I died and the "impact" sound played afterwards. The heavy-ammo round was weird as well. They fired a rocket but we didn't see anything.

O well... all for that 9-0 win I guess.

Ha!

Finally, I make the right call on this.

Was going to take today off to chill and play the game a bit, but decided not to. Then maintenance is announced.

I woulda been a little mad.

Bungie should really announce these things further out.

Nuszka

Yeah will be on tonight, can help you with the story. Seems the timings to get most gaffers for trials are the best for evening US timezones, tbh i am at a stage where id rather play crucible mid week with some gaffers then try and squeeze my free time for trials. With the announcement of tTK and all the new stuff i have seen it feels like acquiring new gear seems like a waste of time as i know myself and most likely i will get rid of old crap to make room for new stuff. Destiny right now is fun for me. See you then tonight and tomorrow i will be on for some nf stuff.
Gonna spend an hour playing USF4 and TTT2 to get back what i lost because of Destiny lol.

noomi

Ha!

Finally, I make the right call on this.

Was going to take today off to chill and play the game a bit, but decided not to. Then maintenance is announced.

I woulda been a little mad.

Bungie should really announce these things further out.

Oh snap.... there is a 6 hours maintenance today, right? Did they announce what times Destiny would be down for?

I need to start doing this. Self rez doesn't catch anyone by surprise anymore.

I still use rez, but I wear the Voidfang Vestments because you always start with two Firebolts and when a teammate revives you or when you selfrez you have two Firebolts as well. Endless nades.

Our team that went 9-0 was made up of three locks with Firebolts and two of us had Voidfangs on. With 100% Disc as well, you're looking at least 4 nades a round, and that doesn't count revives and rezzes.

Oh snap.... there is a 6 hours maintenance today, right? Did they announce what times Destiny would be down for?

11am-5pm EST

Ikkarus

We encountered a team which utilised the lag-switch to perfection. They had a Hunter going invisible and just jump-rush towards us. We couldn't do shit. The other two just warped straight towards us.

We had the "tunnel" covered. We saw nothing. All of a sudden the other 2 enemy team members where right next to us. A friend even yelled "ONE TUNNEL" while I clearly saw both next to him. The Hunter just used the Shotgun and tore us apart. Strange thing was that I died and the "impact" sound played afterwards. The heavy-ammo round was weird as well. They fired a rocket but we didn't see anything.

O well... all for that 9-0 win I guess.
We had a Titan that was just running up against a wall the other 2 opponents rushed and died on top of the capture point and then proceeded to either use his Super or his grenade to kill us all when the zone capture was live for every round. On the Heavy round we couldn't even open the box up and none of the doors would even open.

The extent people go to for getting a cheap win astounds me.

ocean

Banned
Best Trials match of the week for me:
HvMgIj2.jpg

Went 11-2. Still don't know how that happened, I was just in the zone and landing those TLW hip fire 2 shots and max range Matador scumbag kills.

Bradach

Thanks man, appreciate that. I'm going to try to get through some more today so if your on I gladly take some help hehe :)

Still getting used to that titan jump, but one thing I know is that.... I love punching...

PUNCH ALL THE THINGS!

When I first bought destiny I looked at the three classes and decided that I wanted to punch aliens the most and so my titan was born.

He's still my favorite, followed by my hunter and last place is for my warlock.

When I first bought destiny I looked at the three classes and decided that I wanted to punch aliens the most and so my titan was born.

I love the Warlock class so much I made two. :)

My Titan is still a close second though ;)

noomi

11am-5pm EST

8AM PDT for as long as six hours.

Damn.... ok was hoping to play when I get out of work, but I guess that'll give me enough time to finally finish up the story in GTA5.

It's a lot of fun, leveling both those subclasses is going to take some serious time and bounty turn-ins though :eek:

Gammacide

I'll be on in ~1hr (so 8am est) and am looking for some like-minded folks who want to get some hard CEs done x3 before the downtime. I'd also be fine with anyone who wants to try some PoE 35, but I've never done it before and have heard it can be a little long. No time to dilly-dally since I work at 5 est so getting things done before 11 would be key.

noomi

Yeah, the subclasses levelling is a real grind.

Did you plan ahead and pick up a helm of saint 14 from Xur last month?

Sadly I did not, and now it is my most wanted exotic helm haha. I do have that new titan striker helm though.... but I'm leveling defender first :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom