• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the recent nerf, I found the Vex to be less effective in PVP. Kinda gave up on it there. Still pretty excellent in PVE especially with Solar burn NFs.

Gotcha, I never used the Vex in PvP. Just remember seeing it often in Pvp and mention in the thread :)

X-Frame

Shit, Bungie better not change Brother Vance's inventory after this maintenance, I need to get that Disicipline Titan chest tonight.

I'm so happy about some of the weapons I've held on to since the beginning, but it's time to say goodbye to some stuff.

Really glad I held on to this Fair and Square though. The shit is probably my best pulse rifle.

Damn you Bungie for making me part with my stuff.

Shito

The problem with having Ghorn is that afterwards then it's the only exotic you ever equip in PvE.
Yep.
That's why I started doing some vanguard dragon strikes, to do a bit of low-level PVE in which I have no problem equipping something else then the Horn.
I will also probably try some PoE 28 with Universal Remote at one point...

FyreWulff

Has there been any actual reason given for the 6 hour downtime? Does it take that long to remove Thorn from the game? Bungie Day preparation?

Maintenance, and 4 different platforms being involved. Also, the quoted time always has buffer room in it. The actual expected work time is lower, but you give yourself buffer in case something comes up.

WoW averages similar downtimes weekly (and they also give you extra hours on your sub to counter it), so Destiny actually has less downtime from maintenance than most other MMO style games.

edit: usually maintenance means swapping out bad servers, drives, ram etc that are near failing or have failed, exporting all data to backup, and rebuilding the database as all the swapped and replaced servers come back online and re-sync to each other.

noomi

That's the sad truth of how badly they nerfed the Vex. VoC trumps it easily.

The only time I ever use the vex is during the 20 fusion rifle kills :(

"WE"VE WOKEN THE HIIIIVE"

You dun goofed, fig.

Bring it to Trials where it will be more effec... lololol couldn't even finish that sentence with a straight face.

Hey silver, thanks so much for the help last night, really appreciate it. I was so tired by the end that during the last 5 minutes I actually fell asleep for a few seconds lol.

Sorry about wiping a million times :p

Hey silver, thanks so much for the help last night, really appreciate it. I was so tired by the end that during the last 5 minutes I actually fell asleep for a few seconds lol.

Sorry about wiping a million times :p

lol It's cool, Noomi. Don't worry.

Try to finish some of the bounties before we go on with the story tho, so we don't run into level caps.

noomi

lol It's cool, Noomi. Don't worry.

Try to finish some of the bounties before we go on with the story tho, so we don't run into level caps.

Oh yeah, I should be able to do about 3 bounties later this evening, hopefully that will put me at level 10 :D

I'll also try and throw in some crucible in the mix to get some xp that way as well.

Jinjo

The Thorn nerf cries are funny to me when you think Bungie already tried to stealth nerf Thorn (DoT from 7 per tick down to 4) once (sure they called it an 'accident'), but that got such a backlash from the entire Destiny community they quickly turned it back. How does it feel to live in the world you yourself created Guardians?

I've always been pro-nerf.

Yeah, my Vex is literally just a bounty gun. I see no point in using it for solar burn because Gjallarhorn is far more effective. It's sad. It used to be so good. :(

LiK

After getting my VoC I've retired my Mythoclast. RIP.
VoC still useful in PVE but sorta worthless in PVP.

The Thorn nerf cries are funny to me when you think Bungie already tried to stealth nerf Thorn (DoT from 7 per tick down to 4) once (sure they called it an 'accident'), but that got such a backlash from the entire Destiny community they quickly turned it back. How does it feel to live in the world you yourself created Guardians?

I think Hawkmoon is way more deadly compared to Thorn. The DoT filter is annoying as fuck but at least I don't get one shot by the Thorn. A good Hawkmoon user pisses me off lol

The problem with having Ghorn is that afterwards then it's the only exotic you ever equip in PvE.

My remedy for this was to ascend the Hunger of Crota to give myself a poor man's Gally thus allowing me to use primary or special exotics. The Gally will always be there if needed.

I love using an agility build with my hunter in combination with Radiant Dance Machines and the Mida Multi-tool.

I cleaned out my vault last night of all legendary auto rifles, rocket launchers, pulse rifles, and fusion rifles that weren't "special". Like the ones you get from the raids, Trials or iron banner. Legend arise that in some way I "earned."

I wonder if some day I'll regret it....hmm...

I've always been pro-nerf.

Yeah, my Vex is literally just a bounty gun. I see no point in using it for solar burn because Gjallarhorn is far more effective. It's sad. It used to be so good. :(

Tiem to get burns on PVP. lol

I cleaned out my vault last night of all legendary auto rifles, rocket launchers, pulse rifles, and fusion rifles that weren't "special". Like the ones you get from the raids, Trials or iron banner. Legend arise that in some way I "earned."

I wonder if some day I'll regret it....hmm...

You will. :/

Tried Jumper on Patrol.
Everything was strange.
Can't get used to it this far into the game :(

You can do it Javier! I have like 1500 hours or something and I switched a few weeks ago and it took about a whole weekend of events to get it in my head. It's fun!

I first switched doing Nightfalls with Drizzay and Unstable and I'd randomly use my Titan bubble in the middle of no where. And then in PoE I'm trying to jump but instead I'm melee'ing. It's funny and the mistakes help you.

I'd switch back to Default a couple times during serious events when I wasn't fully comfortable then put it back on after that and kept it that way.

R3 for melee was the most difficult but after a few blade dance and melee fails, it stuck.

Trakan

The switch to Jumper is worth it. Just be prepared for some seriously scrubby moments during the learning curve. You will fall to your death, waste your super, melee at nothing by pressing the right stick too hard, etc.

I've been using it for a week after being on default controls since launch. Just start with easier PvE stuff, spam L1 to jump around the tower, low stress normal Crucible. And then dive into Trials and don't stress if you make a bad play here or there. It's already starting to feel pretty natural for after a week.

I can't stand R3 for melee.

Why there isn't a Halo-eque control scheme blows my mind. We played with circle (B) to melee for years and it's not even an option here. I got used to R1, but I'd feel way more comfortable with it on circle.

ocean

Banned
It's a primary weapon which guarantees a kill in two headshots while aiming and at long range. If that's not broken I don't know what is.

TLW being two shot is far more difficult being hip fire based and exceedingly tricky at range. Hawk moon will only do it some times.

Adding ammo to Thorn was necessary. Improving stability and reload speed at the same time seems excessive. They can't roll it all back but it needs to be way less accurate at long range.

PuMa

I can't stand R3 for melee.

Why there isn't a Halo-eque control scheme blows my mind. We played with circle (B) to melee for years and it's not even an option here. I got used to R1, but I'd feel way more comfortable with it on circle.

It's weird that there isn't a pure Halo-type layout, but R3 for melee is much more natural for me. I can't imagine using one of the face buttons instead.

gatti-man

I feel like singing a love song to trials of Osiris. Best thing to happen to Destiny, wish it was all week long.

It's a primary weapon which guarantees a kill in two headshots while aiming and at long range. If that's not broken I don't know what is.

TLW being two shot is far more difficult being hip fire based and exceedingly tricky at range. Hawk moon will only do it some times.

Adding ammo to Thorn was necessary. Improving stability and reload speed at the same time seems excessive. They can't roll it all back but it needs to be way less accurate at long range.

It's absolutely broken. Not only does it have all this it also throws that green goup on the screen making it harder to see. The range of the thorn is ridiculous.

Namikaze1

Good morning, ladies and gents! How was your weekend? It was nothing but rain for me. Well, it was clear for most of the day yesterday before it rained for like 30 minutes after I came back for the podcast. Clear enough to jump into my uncle's pool. Any of you Destiny dads got anything good?

phen0m24

It's weird that there isn't a pure Halo-type layout, but R3 for melee is much more natural for me. I can't imagine using one of the face buttons instead.
Not a fan of either stick clicking as sometimes I push the stick too hard and melee the air.
Hated that in CoD

gatti-man

It's a GREAT mode. Can't get enough of it. It would be nice to see some more consistent connections though.

Yup out of 20 games we lost one and it was because lag was god aweful. People would revive out of nowhere. It was almost like they were lag switching. I wish if lag is that bad Bungie would just stop the match and divide the teams up with no loss handed out.

Not a fan of either stick clicking as sometimes I push the stick too hard and melee the air.
Hated that in CoD

I can't do it either. It's not precise enough for me. Makes me crazy.

Jinjo

No this was after the exotic patch I think. A patch with other balance changes changed Thorn's DoT tick from 7 to 4. It was deemed an accident by Bungie after the community got upset by the stealth nerf and it was quickly reverted. Also, it's definitely broken, just pointing out that we created this world lol.

Also, keep up with that Jumper. The key is not to switch back to default, don't give in.

Question, what am I supposed to do with these tokens if I already have all the things from house of judgment?

I thought I saw something about consuming them for XP, but I'm not sure.

Bladelaw

Good morning, ladies and gents! How was your weekend? It was nothing but rain for me. Well, it was clear for most of the day yesterday before it rained for like 30 minutes after I came back for the podcast. Clear enough to jump into my uncle's pool. Any of you Destiny dads got anything good?

An Etheric light and junk out of 3 nightfalls. Time to Ascend the VOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom