• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrrammis

Wow... Reading through Dune again and I came across a quote that seemed familiar: "A million deaths were not enough for Yueh!" Seems a bit familiar... I love Bungie and all of their references.

For those that don't remember:
Old loot cave memorial, pile of ashes and a voice that says "a million deaths were not enough for Rahool"

DJ88

Yup
kUT2UvD.png

Ok cool.

Xater

You will have a tough time finding a raid group so close to reset. Most ppl already got raids out of the way this week. Tomorrow is reset day tho, raids all the time!

Like I said still have story quests to finish. I even have some from the first expansion left. One of them involves buying some Urn from Xur. Guess I won't be finishing that one until Friday.

Karl2177

They really have to let us upgrade exotics to year 2 values. I think they will with legendaries foo but that is less certain IMO.

The fact that they may not let us ascend legendaries makes me reluctant to further re-roll anything... If you won't be able to ascend to year 2 then it's better to save your materials for TTK. Although it would be strange IMO for them to introduce all of these new ascension systems and generate all this good will only to abandon those systems four months later.

For fhe UP RL: Javelin is much more important than Tripod IMO. Unclear whether that one has it from the picture.

I can guarantee that every Year 1 gun will not be able to "ascend" to Year 2. Bungie doesn't want another Gjallarhorn situation, where there is only 1 go-to weapon for an activity.

Finally got to run the level 26 Vault of Glass last night. Holy hell, that was fun. Definitely see why everyone was so hot on it when it came out. Never laughed harder watching out Warlock plummet to his death over and over again in the platforming section (not that I did any better).

Now that we can breeze through VoG it's not as fun, but when I first did it I thought it was the best pice of content I've ever seen on a first person shooter.
So much variations. Everybody had an unique job to do and if they screwd up we were all doomed. It was challenging. Smart. Demanded communication.

I really hope the nrew raid id more like that.

Also, at some point, I wish they let us run level 35 VoG. :/

gatti-man

So, I started to use my Final Round Spear, and I’ve never gotten so much hate before. I’ve occasionally got teabagged, now it’s pretty much every time they kill me. I never got hate mail in Destiny before, now I’ve gotten two messages over the span of a few games. I can’t blame people though, it’s pretty disgusting.

My last game with it:

And also a little clip because it's lol.

http://xboxclips.com/Furious+Demise/4b4a06a4-3f35-41a1-b268-76dd785608f4
I don't think people realize final round is just a one hit kill regardless so they either think your amazingly elite or a cheater lol. We had a guy using it in ToO and it definitely made us change how we treated the team. Still won though lol.

Trakan

I actually hope they ditch old weapons---at least legendaries. I know people like it but it's strange to have a loot game where there is no weapon progression and everything is equally viable so long as you ascend it. Why bother introducing any new weapons if we'll always be able to bring Fatebringer and VoC along and nothing surpasses them?

I agree with you but it would also be nice if they'd introduce new weapons that were worth using. Nothing has come close.

gatti-man

I can guarantee that every Year 1 gun will not be able to "ascend" to Year 2. Bungie doesn't want another Gjallarhorn situation, where there is only 1 go-to weapon for an activity.

I hope they are ready for a huge shit storm then. There will always be a best gun it's up to them to create encounters that encourage different gun use.

Like I said still have story quests to finish. I even have some from the first expansion left. One of them involves buying some Urn from Xur. Guess I won't be finishing that one until Friday.

You can do raids before you're done with those.
You just need to get to the level range. 28 for normal vog.
30 for Hard vog and normal crota.
32 for hard crota.

Gammacide

Special thanks to Ikkarus and Illini_guy_05 for the PoE35 run. Really great time and great communication. Made a tedious battle fun and exciting.

I dunno. After this maintenance I would love to get some VoG or preferably CE on hard done on any/all of my characters. I won't get home until like 9:30 est tonight though, assuming maintenance takes the full 6 hrs. My PSN is V1ctIm though so send me a FR and we can do whatever. :)

Homeboyd

I hope they are ready for a huge shit storm then. There will always be a best gun it's up to them to create encounters that encourage different gun use.
Sort of like when they knew they were launching HoW without a Raid? People made all sorts of threats, promised to quit the game forever, etc etc etc...

We'll all be fine :)

Rainmaker

Banned
If they don't let us ascend weapons from Year 1 they better be adding a LOT of new weapons and some of those need to actually be good. The game never had a lot of loot to begin with. You know... the content problem. Kind of makes me wonder why I even spent time on their treadmill trying to get stuff.

Hyun Sai

Yes, there is always a "best" gun. Gjallahorn situation is different though as the difference between the second best rocket launcher and this broken shit is like 1 to 10.

The sooner we get rid of this nonsense, the better the game will be.

LiK

Also, increasing the number of marks you get for playing/winning pvp matches is the best thing ever.

I never played pvp because I thought of it as a waste of time.
I'd rather just do vanguard plylist.
Now I'm constantly maxed at 200. So much better.

I prefer playing PVP so the increase in marks is great for me as well. I wish we got more glimmer tho. I need so much right now.

Frenden

Banned
Be prepared for lots of players who don't ascend to year two, then.

If my exotics, at least, don't carry over, I'm out. Too much time grinding to abandon them for me.

Jabronium

I wouldn't mind if all our year 1 gear gets left behind, but I'm probably also in the minority there. As others have said, it would probably be the easiest way for them to solve the Horn dilemma...I just hope they develop more VoG caliber weapons, feels like they got gun shy in TDB and HoW. Having said that, the uncertainty has definitely killed a lot of my desire to grind for more Etheric Light or exotics (what's the point if they're going to be shelved in 3 months?), so I'm hoping they reveal the path forward sooner rather than later.

Xater

You can do raids before you're done with those.
You just need to get to the level range. 28 for normal vog.
30 for Hard vog and normal crota.
32 for hard crota.

Oh I know. I just wanted to finish that stuff up. I hit level 30 immediately yesterday with the gear I bought from the vendors.

I dunno. After this maintenance I would love to get some VoG or preferably CE on hard done on any/all of my characters. I won't get home until like 9:30 est tonight though, assuming maintenance takes the full 6 hrs. My PSN is V1ctIm though so send me a FR and we can do whatever. :)

Sure, I'll send you a FR. I would probably also want to play a bit after the maintenance.

Arrrammis

Now that we can breeze through VoG it's not as fun, but when I first did it I thought it was the best pice of content I've ever seen on a first person shooter.
So much variations. Everybody had an unique job to do and if they screwd up we were all doomed. It was challenging. Smart. Demanded communication.

I really hope the new raid id more like that.

Also, at some point, I wish they let us run level 35 VoG. :/
One of my biggest hopes is that some day they make higher level versions of VoG that can drop max level armor, or at least find a way to make people run all of the raids in order to hit max level. I understand that people want to jump straight to the new content, but making both of the raid obselete with vendor armor just frustrates me.

I don't think people realize final round is just a one hit kill regardless so they either think your amazingly elite or a cheater lol. We had a guy using it in ToO and it definitely made us change how we treated the team. Still won though lol.

I never really understood the hate for it, I've only ran into a couple of times, and it didn't seem so bad. Now that I've experienced it. It's one of the most, if not the most broken aspect of pvp. It puts shotguns to shame.

Considering dismantling Murmur. What says DGAF?

Yup dismantled mine a while back. FR are poopy and I had no room for it!

Dunlop

Please don't remind me of this. I still feel bad about it. lol

Also, this dropped when doing daily crucible yesterday:

uS1eCtB.png

Perfect right out of the box.

Got that with Tripod, Javelin and...Vacuum : (

Still kicks ass but cluster bombs would have been great

No javelin, lol I do not have the weapon parts to try for the perfect rolls (the admonisher was like 8 attempts)

gatti-man

Sort of like when they knew they were launching HoW without a Raid? People made all sorts of threats, promised to quit the game forever, etc etc etc...

We'll all be fine :)

I can tell you a big reason I stopped playing tdb was because of the weapons. They are a huge part of destiny. It's not a threat at all I love destiny however people like their weapons and leaving them behind for what we have been offered as substitutes so far would be highly annoying.

Yes, there is always a "best" gun. Gjallahorn situation is different though as the difference between the second best rocket launcher and this broken shit is like 1 to 10.

The sooner we get rid of this nonsense, the better the game will be.
I'm ok with them nerfing the horn. That's fine and yeah it's broken for pve. But leaving all year one weapons behind would be a mistake. Just dial back the horns dps. Doesn't sound hard to me.

Special thanks to Ikkarus and Illini_guy_05 for the PoE35 run. Really great time and great communication. Made a tedious battle fun and exciting.

Good run! Thanks.

X-Frame

I know this has been discussed to oblivion, but my 2 cents as to how I'd balance Thorn is to keep it as powerful as it is now but just make it more difficult for players to be good with it.

Whether that means to increase recoil and/or reduce stability and/or decrease the rate of fire I don't know, but I personally would like for it to require a skilled hand to use very effectively as opposed to making it easy to use (like now) but neuter the damage.

I would do it. Seems utterly useless compared to other FRs. The ability to switch elements is cool tho.

Id ditch it. Unless they add a way to switch damage types without having to go into your menu screen, its useless.

Yup dismantled mine a while back. FR are poopy and I had no room for it!

Well I agree with everything but...

I've had these feelings as well, couldn't bring myself to do it though, there's no way to get it back if you do :(

Yep, that's why I keep resisting the urge to dismantle this pos.

I never really understood the hate for it, I've only ran into a couple of times, and it didn't seem so bad. Now that I've experienced it. It's one of the most, if not the most broken aspect of pvp. It puts shotguns to shame.

Most of the hate comes from people abusing it. When you start a trials match and you immediately hear sniper shots going off, you know some scumbag is getting his final round ready. It's shit like that which just makes playing against some teams a pain. Luckily, they usually abuse final round because they're bad, so rushing them tends to do the business.

Homeboyd

I can tell you a big reason I stopped playing tdb was because of the weapons. They are a huge part of destiny. It's not a threat at all I love destiny however people like their weapons and leaving them behind for what we have been offered as substitutes so far would be highly annoying.
Yeah I'm thinking TTK is going to take us in a much different direction than we're used to in a lot of ways. It'll give you some new things that'll likely make the decision to leave those weapons behind not so difficult to do. I wouldn't use the first two DLCs as a measuring stick when analyzing this new expansion.

Ikkarus

Not a problem at all, I had fun and it was a straightforward run and I had a blast! :)

I'm just glad we completed it before the maintence!

Jinjo

Be prepared for lots of players who don't ascend to year two, then.

If my exotics, at least, don't carry over, I'm out. Too much time grinding to abandon them for me.

It's like people want the old Xur upgrade system all over again. Let's nullify all player progression again. I'm sure that will go over great...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Played some Destiny this weekend for the first time since about.. March, I would guess. Did some PoE, which was a lot of fun (more fun than Crota raid, for certain). Only did PoE 28 and 32, though. New strike is also pretty fun. Missions themselves are pretty forgettable. Since we can upgrade our old weapons, though, I'm not seeing much point in grinding for gear.

Edit: I have to say, though, that the lack of matchmaking for PoE is just head scratching.

Most of the hate comes from people abusing it. When you start a trials match and you immediately hear sniper shots going off, you know some scumbag is getting his final round ready. It's shit like that which just makes playing against some teams a pain. Luckily, they usually abuse final round because they're bad, so rushing them tends to do the business.

I'm not a scumbag! Titan got to do what a Titan got to do.

LiK

I went through a mass purge over the weekend. I'm even considering exotics next.

Same, I got rid of a bunch of guns I'll never use. There's no point in keeping shit that takes up valuable vault space. I'll only keep certain guns in case of future buffs.

Played some Destiny this weekend for the first time since about.. March, I would guess. Did some PoE, which was a lot of fun (more fun than Crota raid, for certain). Only did PoE 28 and 32, though. New strike is also pretty fun. Missions themselves are pretty forgettable. Since we can upgrade our old weapons, though, I'm not seeing much point in grinding for gear.

Welcome back!

ocean

Banned
The best weapons in HoW are the snipers imo.
Her Benevolence and Shadow of Veils are amazing.

From the Vendors... Exodus Plan comes to mind. Nothing alse that stands out.

From Trials you're good with all of them, but they have PVP focused perks.
HoW has some great stuff.

Matador 64 and Part Crasher +1 are probably the best shotguns available.
Her Benevolence and Shadow of Veils might be the best 3v3 snipers, edging out LDR and Longbow with higher Aim Assist
Low Grade Humility and Eye of Sol are extremely good 6v6 snipers
Hopscotch Pilgrim, Spare Change and The Messenger are top tier Pulse Rifles
Ash Factory can be rolled into the very best legendary RL (tied with the IB one to be fair)
The BTRD or whatever is the best legendary machine gun you can get your hands on
The three exotic weapons we got are easily better than the sad TDB Exotics (Dragon's Breath, No Land Beyond, Necrochasm and PS exclusive 4th Horseman)

PoE weapons underwhelmed a little, but random Crucible/Vanguard drops, Queen's Wrath and Trials of Osiris all brought amazing stuff to the table.

I have a feeling that the exotics will carry over to The Taken King but there won't be anything like Etheric Light to upgrade legendaries. It would be great to get remixed versions of VoG and Crota's End with rebalanced primaries so that everyone doesn't want to rock the same guns forever and ever.

XenoRaven

I typically don't disable story weapons. I don't really have a good reason other than that they're part of the main story so it doesn't feel right to me. I will probably hold on to The Stranger's Rifle and Murmur forever, assuming I haven't already dismantled them in some sort of drunken outburst at the pathetic lack of inventory space in this game.

The three exotic weapons we got are easily better than the sad TDB Exotics (Dragon's Breath, No Land Beyond, Necrochasm and PS exclusive 4th Horseman)
No way, the 4th Horseman is a top tier yellow bar murderer and I guarantee the No Land Beyond will be used by people long after the Dreg's Promise is forgotten to the corners of time. The Bow and Lord are awesome, though.

WipedOut

Same, I got rid of a bunch of guns I'll never use. There's no point in keeping shit that takes up valuable vault space. I'll only keep certain guns in case of future buffs.

I got a void wolfslayer claw II, only keeping it because A) they may buff auto rifles eventually and B) it's the only elemental primary to drop from skolas.

Anybody up for some trials? I'm late getting around to it this week and mostly going for 5 wins, but wouldn't be opposed to going for flawless if we get a good team put together.

spyder_ur

Edit: I have to say, though, that the lack of matchmaking for PoE is just head scratching.

Thought I saw you on.

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing that the best weapons are still pretty much the ones from the original game, with a few exceptions. There are plenty of fun ones to play around with given that you can reroll new legendaries to your heart's content, but FB/VoC/IB/Horn/the exotic hand cannons are still the kings for the most part.

I don't have any of the new exotics yet though.

I agree with you that there's not much reason there shouldn't be matchmaking for PoE. It's not much different than a strike, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom