• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I spent I think at least 500 weapons parts or more "ascending" every single exotic weapon when HoW came out. I seriously have every single exotic at 365 attack. And most of them I never use. I'm not gonna shard the ones I don't use but with TTK I'm not gonna upgrade them either unless I'm about to use them.

ocean

Banned
Please don't remind me of this. I still feel bad about it. lol

Also, this dropped when doing daily crucible yesterday:

uS1eCtB.png

Perfect right out of the box.
Pretty low velocity man. People will blink out of that easily. It's the problem I had with Adminisher. Have Tripod, Proximity and warhead verniers on it so max blast radius but it's just too slow. Try getting Ash Factory or the Iron Banner RLs.

noomi

Good morning, ladies and gents! How was your weekend? It was nothing but rain for me. Well, it was clear for most of the day yesterday before it rained for like 30 minutes after I came back for the podcast. Clear enough to jump into my uncle's pool. Any of you Destiny dads got anything good?

Heya nami! Weekend was good, this guardian just ascended to real life light level 30 :D

I'm a real adult now!

Question, what am I supposed to do with these tokens if I already have all the things from house of judgment?

I thought I saw something about consuming them for XP, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, just go ahead and consume what you don't need. With the Nightfall buff I think you get something like 12/13 rep lol

So, I started to use my Final Round Spear, and I’ve never gotten so much hate before. I’ve occasionally got teabagged, now it’s pretty much every time they kill me. I never got hate mail in Destiny before, now I’ve gotten two messages over the span of a few games. I can’t blame people though, it’s pretty disgusting.

My last game with it:

And also a little clip because it's lol.

http://xboxclips.com/Furious+Demise/4b4a06a4-3f35-41a1-b268-76dd785608f4

Deku Tree

Please don't remind me of this. I still feel bad about it. lol

Also, this dropped when doing daily crucible yesterday:

uS1eCtB.png

Perfect right out of the box.

I got the same one except it has spray and play and javelin for increased velocity. I'll level it up and try it out. But without Javelin the velocity is just too low. I'm Still waiting for Ash Factory to drop. If it does I might abandon UP.

I spent I think at least 500 weapons parts or more "ascending" every single exotic weapon when HoW came out. I seriously have every single exotic at 365 attack. And most of them I never use. I'm not gonna share the ones I don't use but with TTK I'm not gonna upgrade them either unless I'm about to use them.

I did the same. Don't regret it at all tho. :)

And I don't think they will let us upgrade stuff from Year 1 to Year 2 values.

Pretty low velocity man. People will blink out of that easily. It's the problem I had with Adminisher. Have Tripod, Proximity and warhead verniers on it so max blast radius but it's just too slow. Try getting Ash Factory or the Iron Banner RLs.

Well, it's as pefect as that specific rRL is gonna get.

I have a Radegasts Fury to reforge eventually.

Heya nami! Weekend was good, this guardian just ascended to real life light level 30 :D

I'm a real adult now!

Yeah, just go ahead and consume what you don't need. With the Nightfall buff I think you get something like 12/13 rep lol

Hey I turned 30 this year too. You wouldn't know from my face (ppl say I look 20 - Fumido Ueda status right there).

So I did this in control yesterday(Im vincentgrey).

I dont know how. Im good, but not that good. And im downright terrible in trials.
Im assuming just a bad team. Or I was lagging. Or both.

Deku Tree

I did the same. Don't regret it at all tho. :)

And I don't think they will let us upgrade stuff from Year 1 to Year 2 values.

Well, it's as pefect as that specific rRL is gonna get.

I have a Radegasts Fury to reforge eventually.

They really have to let us upgrade exotics to year 2 values. I think they will with legendaries foo but that is less certain IMO.

The fact that they may not let us ascend legendaries makes me reluctant to further re-roll anything... If you won't be able to ascend to year 2 then it's better to save your materials for TTK. Although it would be strange IMO for them to introduce all of these new ascension systems and generate all this good will only to abandon those systems four months later.

For fhe UP RL: Javelin is much more important than Tripod IMO. Unclear whether that one has it from the picture.

Spruchy

Hey all, I haven't played since Crota, I know the gist of what's new in House of Wolves, but missing some of the finer details. Is there a Fatebringer or any must have weapons equivalent right now since the xpac release? Any starting tips?

Thanks.

noomi

Hey I turned 30 this year too. You wouldn't know from my face (ppl say I look 20 - Fumido Ueda status right there).

Lol, people always ask to see my ID because they don't believe my age either :p

happy belated birthday, Noomi! How's the 3D printed Hawkmoon?

Thanks man, Hawkmoon is doing good, I've been lazy to paint it though, gotta get on that.

My titan is well on the way to getting leveled by the way. Making bubbles and punching stuff is awesome!

Xater

I think I am back into Destiny. Started playing yesterday evening and got to try the Prison of Elders thing once. Got the Truth rocket launcher on my first go. Also like the exchange stuff. I basically stopped when the first expansion came out. This game might be fixed to some degree.

I cleaned out my vault last night of all legendary auto rifles, rocket launchers, pulse rifles, and fusion rifles that weren't "special". Like the ones you get from the raids, Trials or iron banner. Legend arise that in some way I "earned."

I wonder if some day I'll regret it....hmm...

I did something similar except I kept my three best legendary weapons for each type (shotgun, hand cannon, etc), one for each character. I was letting everything sit, never leveling anything because I had so much stuff I didn't want to level the wrong thing. Now I have core stuff that I know I want to level up. And also 1 ill will instead of 4 lol

Jinjo

Being able to upgrade all my old exotic and legendary gear is what pulled me back in after TDB. I certainly would not be playing if we had to deal playing with the horrible, horrible PoE weapons. ToO weapons are great but they are locked away for many. Old exotics are definitely not 'getting rid off'.

If there is ever a complete reset, it will happen with Destiny 2.

Hey all, I haven't played since Crota, I know the gist of what's new in House of Wolves, but missing some of the finer details. Is there a Fatebringer or any must have weapons equivalent right now since the xpac release? Any starting tips?

Thanks.

The best weapons in HoW are the snipers imo.
Her Benevolence and Shadow of Veils are amazing.

From the Vendors... Exodus Plan comes to mind. Nothing alse that stands out.

From Trials you're good with all of them, but they have PVP focused perks.

noomi

I think I am back into Destiny. Started playing yesterday evening and got to try the Prison of Elders thing once. Got the Truth rocket launcher on my first go. Also like the exchange stuff. I basically stopped when the first expansion game out. This game might be fixed to some degree.

Welcome back! House of wolves improved on a lot of mechanics the community had been asking for.

Great time to get back into the game.

Big birthday! Happy bday man. Welcome to old-DGAF.

Thanks dude! :D

I still feel just as stupid and immature as ever though haha

Namikaze1

Thanks man, Hawkmoon is doing good, I've been lazy to paint it though, gotta get on that.

My titan is well on the way to getting leveled by the way. Making bubbles and punching stuff is awesome!
Wait until you get a handle on Shoulder Charge. Add skating and well, you're on your way to being a nuisance in PvP.

I think I am back into Destiny. Started playing yesterday evening and got to try the Prison of Elders thing once. Got the Truth rocket launcher on my first go. Also like the exchange stuff. I basically stopped when the first expansion game out. This game might be fixed to some degree.

Game is 200% better now than it was at launch. That's for sure. The driveclub of shooters! That's what ppl shoul call destiny.

Big birthday! Happy bday man. Welcome to old-DGAF.

We are NOT old, sir. We are experienced.

Wait until you get a handle on Shoulder Charge. Add skating and well, you're on your way to being a nuisance in PvP.

He´s making a defender first. For PVE stuff.

Deku Tree

Being able to upgrade all my old exotic and legendary gear is what pulled me back in after TDB. I certainly would not be playing if we had to deal playing with the horrible, horrible PoE weapons. ToO weapons are great but they are locked away for many. Old exotics are definitely not 'getting rid off'.

If there is ever a complete reset, it will happen with Destiny 2.

Agree.

gatti-man

That would certainly be a relief. Almost every opponent I faced in ToO yesterday was using Thorn/Shotgun. Very annoying and boring.

With thorns range it's the only choice for ToO this week. I normally run last word and after a few matches I felt absolutely forced to join the herd using thorn. It's just too good for that map. I think the gun is fine if they would just nerf the range on it.

rNilla

I actually hope they ditch old weapons---at least legendaries. I know people like it but it's strange to have a loot game where there is no weapon progression and everything is equally viable so long as you ascend it. Why bother introducing any new weapons if we'll always be able to bring Fatebringer and VoC along and nothing surpasses them?

WipedOut

I actually hope they ditch old weapons---at least legendaries. I know people like it but it's strange to have a loot game where there is no weapon progression and everything is equally viable so long as you ascend it. Why bother introducing any new weapons if we'll always be able to bring Fatebringer and VoC along and nothing surpasses them?

It's their own fault, make something better than those and I'll be glad to switch and leave them behind. Just Sayin'

Namikaze1

Game is 200% better now than it was at launch. That's for sure. The driveclub of shooters! That's what ppl shoul call destiny.

We are NOT old, sir. We are experienced.

He´s making a defender first. For PVE stuff.
I know. :/

I'm just saying it for when he gets around to doing striker.

Xater

Welcome back! House of wolves improved on a lot of mechanics the community had been asking for.

Great time to get back into the game.

Yeah it seems like they made a lot of changes that people wanted. So, I am definitely having fun with it again. I am even considering getting the Taken King now.

Still need to finish some story quests, but after that I want to raid again and stuff.

Maybe Hawkmoon will be placed into my loot table finally.

Do you realize ppl on Xbox will possibly get a Hawkmoon before you?
This is fucking bullshit.
Maybe Xur will finnally sell it tho.

Yeah it seems like they made a lot of changes that people wanted. So, I am definitely having fun with it again. I am even considering getting the Taken King now.

Still need to finish some story quests, but after that I want to raid again and stuff.

You will have a tough time finding a raid group so close to reset. Most ppl already got raids out of the way this week. Tomorrow is reset day tho, raids all the time!

The main problem I feel is that they can't make other legendary weapons that are better without really making them OP.

gatti-man

That's the problem is they aren't making any equally good weapons. People would use a new style fatebringer Bungie just won't make it. I really like the Messanger adept though. Very nice.

Jinjo

Well it's up to Bungie to create new, interesting and more powerful weapons (not talking about damage number), which is what they have definitely failed up until now. Even with CE everyone was still using the old VoG weapons because perk-wise they were so much better than anything else offered even if they had a damage-deficit.

DJ88

I just spent 9 coins on boons for a new Trials ticket and now its grayed out and I can't do it? Is it grayed out for anyone else? Are they just closing it off in anticipation of the maintenance?

Xur will sell Monte Carlo and you will like it.
I just spent 9 coins on boons for a new Trials ticket and now its grayed out and I can't do it? Is it grayed out for anyone else? Are they just closing it off in anticipation of the maintenance?

Probably. If you get booted during a match, it would count as a loss. No point starting now.

Finally got to run the level 26 Vault of Glass last night. Holy hell, that was fun. Definitely see why everyone was so hot on it when it came out. Never laughed harder watching out Warlock plummet to his death over and over again in the platforming section (not that I did any better).

Blunoise

I don't think so. I am actually looking for team to do some trials.

Also, increasing the number of marks you get for playing/winning pvp matches is the best thing ever.

I never played pvp because I thought of it as a waste of time.
I'd rather just do vanguard plylist.
Now I'm constantly maxed at 200. So much better.

rNilla

The main problem I feel is that they can't make other legendary weapons that are better without really making them OP.

I think there's an opportunity to make this switch in TTK, given that the new weapons seem to be significantly different instead of the same basic models and sound effects with new paint jobs. You're right though, they can't really make them more powerful but I do think they can make them more interesting given new looks, unique perks, sounds, etc.

At this point they've set the expectation that we should be able to keep everything forever and I seem to be in a small minority of people that don't actually want this.

It's their own fault, make something better than those and I'll be glad to switch and leave them behind. Just Sayin'

That's the problem is they aren't making any equally good weapons. People would use a new style fatebringer Bungie just won't make it. I really like the Messanger adept though. Very nice.

Well it's up to Bungie to create new, interesting and more powerful weapons (not talking about damage number), which is what they have definitely failed up until now. Even with CE everyone was still using the old VoG weapons because perk-wise they were so much better than anything else offered even if they had a damage-deficit.

Also this is exactly what I'm saying. They need to make new weapons that we want to switch to but I think they also need to phase out the old ones at the same time. They definitely can't just phase out old weapons and replace them with something like the Prison junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom