• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to put Destiny in tonight for the first time in about 6 months. I believe I'm a level 28 Vanguard. No raids done, or anything.

How is this going to go? I also have no friends raiding.

Vanguard isn't a class. :p

I'm sure you can find people here to do a normal Vault of Glass with you.

th3dude

Updated roster for a last minute before reset hard mode raid tonight at 11 EDT. Still need more.

# | GAF - PSN
-----------------------------------------------------
1. th3dude - th3dude119
2. Sketch_Turntable - Sketch_Turntable
3. V1ctIm
4. Lunar FC - Sketch_Turntable
5. BurningNad - BurningNad
6. GutZ31 - GutZ31 (Our beloved sherpa)

We have some HM newbies so we could use some experienced help.

I assume CE since it should be quicker but I'm up for either. Also willing to go normal mode if we need to.

Lunar FC

Updated roster for a last minute before reset hard mode raid tonight at 11 EDT. Still need more.

# | PSN
1. th3dude119 (HM newbie)
2. Sketch_Turntable (HM newbie)
3. V1ctIm (?)

I assume CE since it should be quicker but I'm up for either. Also willing to go normal mode if we need to.

Sign me up. Psn: Unknown_Hero

Jinjo

If we really want value for our money we wouldn't be buying your shit Bungie. Those $40 for the Taken King could net us Borderlands 2 & The Pre-Sequel right now, also an excellent FPS loot game. That is fucking value right there. And it's looking more and more enticing.

EL CUCO

If we really want value for our money we wouldn't be buying your shit Bungie. Those $40 for the Taken King could net us Borderlands 2 & The Pre-Sequel right now, also an excellent FPS loot game. That is fucking value right there. And it's looking more and more enticing.
I used to love Borderlands, but the shooting feels awful in comparison to Destiny. Not sure that I'll ever go back.

ocean

Banned
What a jerk! If only he would deliver the message vaguely and with more prose...
"We want players to have a story. It's a part of each guardian's tale of becoming Legend - paying US$40 for these shaders and feeling they *earned* them is an essential part of how we want everyone to engage with the immersive universe we've created. Later having to make choices - hard choices, involving 10 shader slots where 'empty' counts as one and a cupboard sized Vault. These are the moments where each and every one of us gets that shot to determine the aesthetic direction of that Guardian - of your Legend. The onus is upon us all, fellow children bathed in Light, to set forth on this brave expedition we call Destiny and chose how we're going to evolve with our Guardians. From checkout to Postmaster Special Deliveries robot."

That is hilarious. Good looooord that interviewer is upset.
Seems like that might have been the intent on Luke's part for being asked such an ignorant question. That can't be the first time he, a game DEVELOPER and not a marketing or PR person, was asked about the justification of price. I'd probably say something similar, honestly.

So I'm going to put Destiny in tonight for the first time in about 6 months. I believe I'm a level 28 Vanguard. No raids done, or anything.

How is this going to go? I also have no friends raiding.

Vanguard isnt a class. Its a faction. Classes are Tanks
(Titans really)
, Wimps
(aka Hunters)
and Gods
(Warlocks actually)

You should just get accquainted with the game tonight. Maybe do some bounties to get the controls again.

Tuesday is reset day and you will absolutelly get ppl here to play raids with you.

Well, it seems like Bungie's aware that people have been complaining. Specifically about locking three emotes behind a higher price tag that requires re-buying existing content.

The way for us to vote that we think it's bullshit, is to not buy it. Vote with our wallets. That's all we can do anymore.

im weak.. ill probably end up buying it

That's the thing, it's an issue about principles. There's dozens of shaders, nobody gives a shit about these 3. Class items from vendors will now have telemetry style buffs so we'll be changing ten out really often - meaning the new ones would rarely be used anyways as well have to switch out for different things. Emotes are whatever, no big deal.

Like these cosmetics are insignificant and even people who get them won't use then for more than a week or two. Their attitude is the problem here.

It's one thing to sell us backwards maps and label them as new story missions. It's one thing to slap skins on the same weapon model 40 times and call it 40 weapons. It's one thing to completely disregard our time and effort with a random, expensive and wasteful exotic upgrade system that totally negates player effort and achievement. It's one thing to sell your game as a living world and have it literally be the most static thing imaginable, with every single instance spawning exactly the same enemies at exactly the same positions on an unchanging timer. Or to have the "it'll be a different experience every single time you go" Prison of Elders be fixed on a static rotation on level 35. To repeat models even on the highest tier - VoG and CE sparrows and ships are re skins. To create new subclasses where half the abilities are copy pasted (zero new jumps, very few new grenades, no change in armor/recovery/agility build possibilities). Or not having any way in the game to know who wants to run a Raid with you on your friends list. Or never fixing VoG drop rates - nearly a year in, still no fusion rifle here! Or releasing an "expansion" with one Strike. Singular.

We've let all of this shit slide because hey, we love this game. And while these are punishing, greedy, dumb or just incomprehensible decisions at least we could take solace in the fact that they were equally shitty for us all.

Adding emotes is not a developer intensive ordeal. It's the kind of stuff they should have added for free on Christmas or whatever. It's emotes, who gives a damn. It's meaningless stuff. Cool to have, meaningless to miss. But the idea that it's not made available to us despite putting up with all this crap? Ugh, not cool. Like I doubt I'd even use them but I'm still bothered by this attitude where they think (know) some of us are so hooked well just pay up regardless.

This. It's not even that it's not made available to existing players - it's that they expect us to re-buy everything we've already paid FULL PRICE for a year ago as fans in order to get this stupid extras. Lost sale. Bad form. Worse than Xur ordeal from TDB, and worse than PS exclusive crapola. Never expected this kind of scheisting from Bungie in all my years playing their games going back to Myth II.

Well, it seems like Bungie's aware that people have been complaining. Specifically about locking three emotes behind a higher price tag that requires re-buying existing content.

The way for us to vote that we think it's bullshit, is to not buy it. Vote with our wallets. That's all we can do anymore.

Yep. Good job Bungie and Activision.

ocean

Banned
Seems like that might have been the intent on Luke's part for being asked such an ignorant question. That can't be the first time he, a game DEVELOPER and not a marketing or PR person, was asked about the justification of price. I'd probably say something similar, honestly.
When you accept an interview, you're doing PR. If you don't like it or aren't qualified, stick to the coding desk. Or don't. But you can't be surprised if your comments come across as inconsiderate of your customers if you just answer however you please. Honesty is valued, but fuck you is still fuck you and if you're too real to bullshit around it, it's probably best not to put yourself in a position to insult the player base's intelligence.

Scheduled maintenance? Damn, I had been away for a few days doing a bit of backlog cleaning (and suffering Destiny Withdrawal) and now I find this :( . Might as well go to bed early.

Level 26 reached, but probably I'm still too weak for Vault of. Vault of Glass. I purchased a piece of legendary vanguard armor for warlocks, but I feel like I am lagging behind a lot, specially on terms of weaponry. I'm still using the pulse rifle I got for clearing the story, not having found anything better. I did a daily heroic story and the damage was OK, but it's worse on events or strikes when we are swarmed and I need to dispatch enemies fast.

Navid

You can go on Amazon.co.uk right now and order MGS V for the exact same price.
Yep, exactly what I'm doing.

I guess on the plus side they made my decision an easy one... Would have hated it if the asking price was still expensive but low enough to tempt me.

Lnkn52

is maint still going on?

Destiny Up...

Black-Friday-shopping.gif

Frenden

Banned
Next weapon to ascend after Fatebringer? I don't have a high impact void sniper with a roll I want to live with forever yet. Spending motes on that as I earn them.

No VoC here, yet.

Found Verdict? Praedyth's Revenge?

BurningNad

# | GAF - PSN
1. th3dude - th3dude119 (HM newbie)
2. Sketch_Turntable - Sketch_Turntable (HM newbie)
3. V1ctIm

I would love to go. I've done HM VoG but not CE. Got a 33 for CE and a 32 for VoG, if there's room.

PS4 BurningNad

When you accept an interview, you're doing PR. If you don't like it or aren't qualified, stick to the coding desk. Or don't. But you can't be surprised if your comments come across as inconsiderate of your customers if you just answer however you please. Honesty is valued, but fuck you is still fuck you and if you're too real to bullshit around it, it's probably best not to put yourself in a position to insult the player base's intelligence.
It feels like more of a jab to the interviewer than an overall statement to the playerbase, but I can see the point you make. Perhaps the better way to respond would be, "that isn't my area", but if he got that question for the 15th time during E3, I can totally see and expect the Luke Smith snark to come out in full effect.

GutZ31

# | GAF - PSN
1. th3dude - th3dude119 (HM newbie)
2. Sketch_Turntable - Sketch_Turntable (HM newbie)
3. V1ctIm

If you guys end up needing a sherpa, let me know on PSN.
GutZ31

Next weapon to ascend after Fatebringer? I don't have a high impact void sniper with a roll I want to live with forever yet. Spending motes on that as I earn them.

No VoC here, yet.

Found Verdict? Praedyth's Revenge?

If you plan on running much Prison of Elders, Found Verdict is essential. It's not bad in PvP either.

"If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen." - Luke Smith

https://vine.co/v/blHBMemqrXL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhxu919nEQ

The best part about all of this is that Taken King is going to make customizable emotes be a thing, and no one is ever going to use these collector's edition ones.

In fact, I would be willing to make an avatar bet about it. I believe that Taken King will bring with it a way to change emotes that will be accessable to every player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom