• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
If you plan on running much Prison of Elders, Found Verdict is essential. It's not bad in PvP either.
I've got ~9 Matador/Felwinter/Party Crasher shotties with aggressive, shot package, rifled and a nebulous fourth perk. They're great in PvP, but the fire rate makes for hairy moments in PvE. You're probably right. A faster RoF shottie would be nice to have.

Deku Tree

The best part about all of this is that Taken King is going to make customizable emotes be a thing, and no one is ever going to use these collector's edition ones.

In fact, I would be willing to make an avatar bet about it. I believe that Taken King will bring with it a way to change emotes that will be accessable to every player.

I really hope that the fact that they are giving away custom emotes means that TTK has a good sized collections of emotes or dances that you can get from various places (kind of in the style of Bloodbourne or Dark Souls). And people will forget about these three CE emotes the same way everyone has forgotten about the bonus emblems that came with the base game.

th3dude

Updated roster for a last minute before reset hard mode raid tonight at 11 EDT.

# | GAF - PSN
-----------------------------------------------------
1. th3dude - th3dude119
2. Sketch_Turntable - Sketch_Turntable
3. Gammacide - V1ctIm
4. Lunar FC - Unknown_Hero
5. BurningNad - BurningNad
6. GutZ31 - GutZ31 (Our beloved sherpa)

If anyone can't make it, just let me know.

GutZ31

I've got ~9 Matador/Felwinter/Party Crasher shotties with aggressive, shot package, rifled and a nebulous fourth perk. They're great in PvP, but the fire rate makes for hairy moments in PvE. You're probably right. A faster RoF shottie would be nice to have.

SwordBreaker is also very useful because of its firerate.
I still leveled my Found Verdict to 365 first though.

# | GAF - PSN
1. th3dude - th3dude119
3. Gammacide - V1ctIm
4. Lunar FC - Sketch_Turntable

Cool

For the 35, Yellow Bar Captains take 5-6 Found Verdict shots, so yes, faster ROF is a plus. ;)

Swordbreaker is your #2 PvE shottie, like GutZ said. Minotaurs are scary, but less so with Swordbreaker.

ocean

Banned
Found Verdict has the same range as the best-rolled shotguns, but no Shot Package makes it second-tier for PvP. PvE? Outclasses everything. It's nearly at Matador/FW impact but has far far far better RoF, is automatic, has better stability and better reload speed - wth 6 in the mag. It's the PvE star shotgun in my opinion.

Lunar FC

# | GAF - PSN
1. th3dude - th3dude119
3. Gammacide - V1ctIm
4. Lunar FC - Sketch_Turntable

My psn is Unknown_Hero ;)

X-Frame

Can someone please check the Reef for me that a Brother Vance's inventory didn't change? The app still has the same stock but just in case ...

Bonus if you have a Titan to make sure his Titan chest piece is still the same.

Can someone please check the Reef for me that a Brother Vance's inventory didn't change? The app still has the same stock but just in case ...

Bonus if you have a Titan to make sure his Titan chest piece is still the same.

It appears to be the same, but I've only checked through bungie.net

Does anyone want to try and squeeze five wins in ToO before reset?

I really hope that the fact that they are giving away custom emotes means that TTK has a good sized collections of emotes or dances that you can get from various places (kind of in the style of Bloodbourne or Dark Souls). And people will forget about these three CE emotes the same way everyone has forgotten about the bonus emblems that came with the base game.

Completely different circumstance.

Emotes being swappable would be sweet though, especially if there were a whole bunch of new ones.

Anastasis

Found Verdict has the same range as the best-rolled shotguns, but no Shot Package makes it second-tier for PvP. PvE? Outclasses everything. It's nearly at Matador/FW impact but has far far far better RoF, is automatic, has better stability and better reload speed - wth 6 in the mag. It's the PvE star shotgun in my opinion.

What perks on it should be chosen?

Also, anyone have gorgon's cp?

Not if you already haven't preordered from Gamestop, which is sold out now. The ship, she has sailed!

Nevermind my comment about the ship sailing. I forgot you can still preorder the digital collector's edition that will include the shaders/emblems/emotes. Just not all the other physical stuff like the strange coin replica. But they're both 79.99, which doesn't make sense to me.

Frenden

Banned
Is anyone online consistently yet? Getting logged in, but hitting bee errors whenever I try to connect to the tower (never gotten them before).

Lingitiz

So I finally started playing this game after waiting on it for so long. I surprisingly enjoy it quite a bit! Flawed forsure, but I like the core shooting mechanics a lot. I'm level 15 now a feel a bit overwhelmed by some of the mechanics and different currencies though. Where's a good place to get up to speed with some of these things?

gatti-man

Hide and seek with shot package works just as well as verdict in pve.

phen0m24

So I finally started playing this game after waiting on it for so long. I surprisingly enjoy it quite a bit! Flawed forsure, but I like the core shooting mechanics a lot. I'm level 15 now a feel a bit overwhelmed by some of the mechanics and different currencies though. Where's a good place to get up to speed with some of these things?

You may want to check out the first page of the thread, it has a whole lot of helpful information.

:)

We try to make it as informative as possible.

ocean

Banned
What perks on it should be chosen?

Also, anyone have gorgon's cp?
HBJ3RAz.jpg

Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. This is how it compares to a good Matador 64 roll. Better stats all over except a tad lower impact. But Aggressive Ballistics + Auto Fire + Send It + Final Round with these levels of stability range and RoF? On a high impact shotgun? No contest in PvE.

Frenden

Banned
KopS3Dc.jpg

Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. This is how it compares to a good Matador 64 roll. Better stats all over except a tad lower impact. But Aggressive Ballistics + Auto Fire + Send It + Final Round with these levels of stability range and RoF? On a high impact shotgun? No contest in PvE.

Ascending it now. Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and Gjallarhorn just feel so right on the loadout screen at the same time, heh.

Frenden

Banned
The average E3 player is worse than the average Destiny player.

Wait until launch before analysis.

Yeah. That said, depending on how well all those synergy perks in the skill tree work together, it looks like Warlocks got the crappiest new subclass on paper if not in practice ultimately.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I used to love Borderlands, but the shooting feels awful in comparison to Destiny. Not sure that I'll ever go back.
It's really, reallly stark in comparison. I like all the Borderlands games too but find them difficult to play at length now.

Admodieus

Only thing I really need to do before the reset this week is Normal mode Oracles/Templar. If anybody wants to run that tonight, hit me up on PSN (tag is Admodieus)

Lima

Welp, every single Flaming Titan Warlock Gauntlet encounter resulted in a death. Looking like the new bladedancer.

https://youtu.be/Afk20YI2cng

Hopefully he gets a nice buff to his armor and is not like the wimpy blade dancer kid. I mean I know people complain about blade dancers a lot still but the reality is that it is the worst super in the game for PvP. Not only does it get countered by almost every single super in the game, no you also die from a single shotgun headshot or a shotgun + melee combo. Not to even mention team shooting with TLW or Thorn. If people would just remain calm and not freak out when they hear or see a blade dancer I guess we wouldn't hear these comments.

Mindlog

Monte Carlo for my Titan.
Coincidentally the class that I've started using that weapon a lot on. Monte Carlo + Gift of Light on a Strike leads to some wonderful chaos.

Thanks, Rawr!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom