• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

Crota's End, ToO and PoE will still be around. The added strikes and Crucible maps, too. Swordbearers will no longer be appearing everywhere, but it sounded like Luke hinted at packs of Wolves still roaming. I may have read into that wrong. It's basically £15 for both expansions when everyone here spent £30-35.

What i meant there it might be no sense for any newcomers doing those activities, everyone will just get straight to tTK main meat for the best quality gear(maybe). Only reason for doing CE or VoG will be pure fun, i wish bungie updated the raids and strikes in some way so there will be even more content for all of us... i wish...

nowai

Stuff becomes cheaper over time. News at eleven. smh

I don't understand why people are upset about this. I've been playing since the third week of release and I gladly have already preordered the TTK CE because my current copy is digital and I wouldn't mind a physical item to put on my shelf plus all the sweet extra loot.

nowai

The Artifact thing confuses me. Bungie.net says I already have over 1600 Artifact kills in Crucible and it's under Abilities. I have no idea what it means.

There a bug that hunter throwing knife kills count as artifact kills. So you or anyone in close proximity to you getting a throwing knife kill adds to that tally.

ocean

Banned
Ascending it now. Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and Gjallarhorn just feel so right on the loadout screen at the same time, heh.
Just noticed I compared to a bad roll Matador. In the best of cases they'll have the same range, with Matador having an even higher effective range because of Shot a package. But you saw the way the other stats compare. FV is MVP outside the Crucible.

Anastasis

I have hard gorgon, can hop on for ~10 mins max since I am about to eat.

KopS3Dc.jpg

Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. This is how it compares to a good Matador 64 roll. Better stats all over except a tad lower impact. But Aggressive Ballistics + Auto Fire + Send It + Final Round with these levels of stability range and RoF? On a high impact shotgun? No contest in PvE.

Thanks to both of you!

The Artifact thing confuses me. Bungie.net says I already have over 1600 Artifact kills in Crucible and it's under Abilities. I have no idea what it means.

I think it's going to be like in other MMOs where you have a necklace or ring or whatever that gives you bonus abilities of some sort - and it seems locked to Level 30 players, not Light 30, Level 30 :) No idea what an Artifact kill is though.

Gonna be a real interesting Weekly Update this week. I honestly think that this whole "buy the whole game again" controversy is why we didn't get a WU last week. I bet they had one written up before hand they could have posted if there wasn't a lot of uproar. Once there was, they didn't want to do something rushed from E3/were hoping the frustration would die down.

ethomaz

Banned
HBJ3RAz.jpg

Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. This is how it compares to a good Matador 64 roll. Better stats all over except a tad lower impact. But Aggressive Ballistics + Auto Fire + Send It + Final Round with these levels of stability range and RoF? On a high impact shotgun? No contest in PvE.
There is something wrong with your Matador :p

Matador have more range than Found Verdict with the PVP perks.... I will make a better comparison later.

I see classic Luke Smith is in full effect. Dude has been an ass since the Halo days and it really bothers me that he is the creative director for something I love much.

Joe Staten please come back to us. We miss you.

ps, it's a very strange feeling when I would prefer Deej instead of Luke...

I'd cut him some slack. Employee's that are speaking on behalf of a company aren't allowed to freely speak their mind but only talk about specific things that toe the company line. He probably could word things better, but it's probably Activisions doing here.

X-Frame

Anybody looking to play ToO at around 7:15 PM EST (2 hours from now)?

All I *need* is the chest piece, anything more is a bonus.

darthbob

I'd cut him some slack. Employee's that are speaking on behalf of a company aren't allowed to freely speak their mind but only talk about specific things that toe the company line. He probably could word things better, but it's probably Activisions doing here.

Meh, he's still representing Bungie as a whole in that interview, even though I know it's classic Luke Smith speaking frankly. Yes, he could word things better but at the end of the day the message people are seeing is that Bungie doesn't care about their loyal fans.

Ikkarus

Just tried the Oracle 99 shader, it's almost like the Trials shader..... almost.

Does anyone want to team up on either a 32 or 34 POE at all?

ocean

Banned
There is something wrong with your Matador :p

Matador have more range than Found Verdict with the PVP perks.... I will make a better comparison later.
That Matador 64 has Field Choke (better range boost than Aggressive ballistics), Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel.

That perk combo gives it the same range as a Found Verdict with Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. I don't know if Smallbore or Rifled Barrel boost range a lot more than Reinforced Barrel does though, perhaps that explains the difference.

Matador has a base range of 25 - that's beastly. FV only has 20. But Send It is a crazy perk which makes up the difference. At the end of the day, Shot Package means Matador will have a bigger effective range regardless of these bars lining up.

Sti curious to see how much better I can make mine though. Post a picture of yours with the perks!

Frenden

Banned
Just noticed I compared to a bad roll Matador. In the best of cases they'll have the same range, with Matador having an even higher effective range because of Shot a package. But you saw the way the other stats compare. FV is MVP outside the Crucible.
That's fine. I have a few Matador and Felwinter with good PvP rolls--this is strictly for PvE!

SkylineRKR

That Matador 64 has Field Choke (better range boost than Aggressive ballistics), Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel.

That perk combo gives it the same range as a Found Verdict with Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. I don't know if Smallbore or Rifled Barrel boost range a lot more than Reinforced Barrel does though, perhaps that explains the difference.

Matador has a base range of 25 - that's beastly. FV only has 20. But Send It is a crazy perk which makes up the difference. At the end of the day, Shot Package means Matador will have a bigger effective range regardless of these bars lining up.

Sti curious to see how much better I can make mine though. Post a picture of yours with the perks!

Its strange that Field choke + Rifled barrel gives the same total amount of range than Aggressive + rifled barrel. While on their own, Field choke gives much more range initially. Perhaps its capped.

Which makes aggressive better because of the impact buff. I have both scopes on my Matador, with rifled. I can also put flared magwell on mine for a tiny bit of range and impact loss if I pair it with field choke. Gives crazy reload speed.

ocean

Banned
Its strange that Field choke + Rifled barrel gives the same total amount of range than Aggressive + rifled barrel. While on their own, Field choke gives much more range initially. Perhaps its capped.

Which makes aggressive better because of the impact buff. I have both scopes on my Matador, with rifled. I can also put flared magwell on mine for a tiny bit of range and impact loss if I pair it with field choke. Gives crazy reload speed.
No, in this case you have:

Matador (base range 25) with Field Choke and Reinforced Barrel tied with
Found Verdict (base range 20) with Aggressive Ballistics and Send It

Basically, Send It is freaking insane on a shotgun, to the point of closing the substantial difference in base range. Still, Shot Package gives Matador a real edge.

Frenden

Banned
Light of the Abyss is not Black Hammer. I tried to explain this to Crota, but he didn't listen.

(No Hammer club president here.)

Brohan

Just started playing again and went to do some pvp but goddamn the blink+shotgun combo is just as bad as ever if not worse. Don't really know what to do against it. Seems so fucking cheap and laughably easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom