• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

Just started playing again and went to do some pvp but goddamn the blink+shotgun combo is just as bad as ever if not worse. Don't really know what to do against it. Seems so fucking cheap and laughably easy.

If you find yourself matched up against many of those, just stay back and counter with sniper or a primary with some range. They'll never get close to you.

Lima

Just started playing again and went to do some pvp but goddamn the blink+shotgun combo is just as bad as ever if not worse. Don't really know what to do against it. Seems so fucking cheap and laughably easy.

If you think it is so cheap and easy join them.

th3dude

Jumping offline for a few hours. Should be on around 10 for a bit before we crush Crota HM at 11pm EDT. I'll start inviting as we get close to 11.

Roster reminder for everyone:

# | GAF - PSN
-----------------------------------------------------
1. th3dude - th3dude119
2. Sketch_Turntable - Sketch_Turntable
3. Gammacide - V1ctIm
4. Lunar FC - Unknown_Hero
5. BurningNad - BurningNad
6. GutZ31 - GutZ31 (Our beloved sherpa)

So I'm going to put Destiny in tonight for the first time in about 6 months. I believe I'm a level 28 Vanguard. No raids done, or anything.

How is this going to go? I also have no friends raiding.

I'm down. I just did the same thing. Really wanted to get back in to this game since I've just about finished up everything else. Bought the DLC and went from level 25 to 30 just this weekend.

I haven't done any raids or much coop at all really. I should be on in about 3 hours if that works and you're on PS4

PSN: CarlosVato

If not I'd really like to finally try out a raid with some other people on here.

Lima

Why would I do something that i consider cheap and easy? And Yeah I do think it's easy, all you need is Jumper button layout , a bit of practice and a good shotgun.

Then stop playing the game I guess? What a weird complaint. This is the Destiny meta for now. Live and breathe it or play something else.

Brohan

Then stop playing the game I guess? What a weird complaint. This is the Destiny meta for now. Live and breathe it or play something else.

Like i said, just jumped back in, sorry about complaining about something that i consider cheap. Just wished things would have been a bit more balanced by now is all.

Daemul

Dafuq is this? If something is blatantly broken he can complain about it all he damn well wants.

Like i said, just jumped back in, sorry about complaining about something that i consider cheap. Just wished things would have been a bit more balanced by now is all.

Don't apologise, you can say what you want.

Destiny PVP has a lot of cheap shit in the game but I love it. Coming from other multiplayer games you really have to adapt and play the game how it was supposed to be played. Lots of things in this game can OHK you... From supers and especially shotguns.

Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon, good pulse rifle and OHK shotguns like felwinters and Matadors should be your main weapons of choice.

I usually run Thorn or TLW with Felwinters/matador shoguns or a Sniper with high stability and unflinching.

ohNOitsRO

Somebody shed some light on this please..

I missed out on the tumbler even though I had bought everything a year ago when it came out but I had quit due to the game being a bit bland for a while there and never logged in to receive it (Shit on you bungie for having timed exclusives that just disappear for not logging in by a certain time) but I digress..

Anyways, seeing a friend do backflips made me mad jelly, so are there any plans for similar tumbler sparrows coming that I can get my Mat Hoffman on with?

Lima

Encountered a lvl 28 in Trials just now. Guy sends me a message while we are flying in and asks me if we could let them win cause he wants to get the chest piece. Dude was honest and I can respect that. Couldn't say no so we just jumped off the map 5 rounds in a row.

Match fixing in Destiny.

It is pretty cheap and a lot of the long time players share your sentiments on the subject. Shotguns and HCs rule crucible right now. Idk what you loadout looks like but Sniper Rifles, HCs, and Pulse Rifles are your best bet for cutting these types of players down if you can spot them early. ARs are pretty useless and Scouts are just kinda there.

Oh crap.. I'm about to start getting soooooooo many hate messages...

Just rolled:
Felwinters Lie
Agressive Ballistics, Shot Pack, Small Bore, Knee Pads.
Guess I need to learn how to blink-shotgun now.

Also, rolled my Radegasts fury with:
Hard Launch, Javelin, G&H, Clown Catridge.
It's too perfect for me to keep rolling after Tripod.

Also, I rolled both of these in less than 5 attempts.

Lnkn52

Encountered a lvl 28 in Trials just now. Guy sends me a message while we are flying in and asks me if we could let them win cause he wants to get the chest piece. Dude was honest and I can respect that. Couldn't say no so we just jumped off the map 5 rounds in a row.

Match fixing in Destiny.
You're a nice guy... We're they all level 28s?
If they were looking for easy wins by changing gears, I wonder how many people would actually forfit a win.

Match fixing in Destiny.
Respect, especially after deleting all 3 gjallarhorn after losing that bet.

Lima

Oh crap.. I'm about to start getting soooooooo many hate messages...

Just rolled:
Felwinters Lie
Agressive Ballistics, Shot Pack, Small Bore, Knee Pads.
Guess I need to learn how to blink-shotgun now.

Also, rolled my Radegasts fury with:
Hard Launch, Javelin, G&H, Clown Catridge.
It's too perfect for me to keep rolling after Tripod.

Also, I rolled both of these in less than 5 attempts.

Felwinter is eh cause Smallbore doesn't cap range and reduces mag size. Reroll for either rifled or reinforced barrel.

Lima

You're a nice guy... We're they all level 28s?
If they were looking for easy wins by changing gears, I wonder how many people would actually forfit a win.

Other guys were 32 and 33. I guess they were trying to get him through at least 5 wins to get the chest piece. He had 1105 grimoire too so it looked like he was legit and just started playing the game a week or two ago.

That Gaming thread is brutal. Hot damn Luke. His attitude/opinions are always amusing to me, I don't really take issue with what he says. But that's some hot water he's playing with.

Brohan

It is pretty cheap and a lot of the long time players share your sentiments on the subject. Shotguns and HCs rule crucible right now. Idk what you loadout looks like but Sniper Rifles, HCs, and Pulse Rifles are your best bet for cutting these types of players down if you can spot them early. ARs are pretty useless and Scouts are just kinda there.

I like playing with scout rifles but it just ain't really viable once a map has too many close quarters. Might try a good pulse rifle if i can get my hands on one.

darthbob

Somebody shed some light on this please..

I missed out on the tumbler even though I had bought everything a year ago when it came out but I had quit due to the game being a bit bland for a while there and never logged in to receive it (Shit on you bungie for having timed exclusives that just disappear for not logging in by a certain time) but I digress..

Anyways, seeing a friend do backflips made me mad jelly, so are there any plans for similar tumbler sparrows coming that I can get my Mat Hoffman on with?

I have a strong suspicion that the Sparrow that comes with the Founder's Pack/VIP Rewards with TTK will include a Tumbler-like Sparrow.

To lend some credence to this theory here's all of the Sparrows that have the Destablizers: EV-30 Tumbler EV-31 Nightbird EV-32 Snowblind and the EV-33 Dragonrider. Originally when these were datamined we didn't know how to unlock them, but then Bungie gave us the Tumbler for TDB, and thus I figured we'd get the Nightbird with HoW. Now, I'm not so sure how we'll get the rest but I'm willing to bet that at least one of them will be part of that little bonus reward pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom