• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other guys were 32 and 33. I guess they were trying to get him through at least 5 wins to get the chest piece. He had 1105 grimoire too so it looked like he was legit and just started playing the game a week or two ago.

Unstable got a message from a team yesterday saying they were at 8-0. He proceeded to smash them with the fury of 10,000 Fists of Havoc.

Edit: Oh it's the top of a new page huh...
TCvHHt6.jpg

Dunlop

That Gaming thread is brutal. Hot damn Luke. His attitude/opinions are always amusing to me, I don't really take issue with what he says. But that's some hot water he's playing with.
He didn't come off well in that

I'm not sure there really it's any way to come off well, day 1 players are getting ripped off

Daemul

It is pretty cheap and a lot of the long time players share your sentiments on the subject. Shotguns and HCs rule crucible right now. Idk what you loadout looks like but Sniper Rifles, HCs, and Pulse Rifles are your best bet for cutting these types of players down if you can spot them early. ARs are pretty useless and Scouts are just kinda there.

It wasn't a surprise to hear all the Destiny streamers at E3 talk about how much better PvP was without the exotic handcannons, that shit has really unbalanced things, much more than even the Auto rifles did.

Just started playing again and went to do some pvp but goddamn the blink+shotgun combo is just as bad as ever if not worse. Don't really know what to do against it. Seems so fucking cheap and laughably easy.
I just jump straight up into the air. Usually confuses them. I don't have too much trouble with them nowadays unless they get the drop on me.

Mindlog

Partner in quick Valus strike gets Hawkmoon and a cool ship. I get a mote of light and boots.
Not bitter, but I check my post office just in case I missed a good drop. Sometime recently I got a ship schematic.
"Laughing Behind Your Back"

Nice. Real classy there RNG.

Namikaze1

She told me that she had a crush on you. ;-)
Can't be it. Must be because LiK went on several long breaks between The Dark Below and House of Wolves. That and she would usually just yell at me if anyone else fucked up in the team. She probably blames me for every death even when I'm not there.

Felwinter is eh cause Smallbore doesn't cap range and reduces mag size. Reroll for either rifled or reinforced barrel.

Sorry to say it, but I agree. Max range (32), or bust!

Felwinter's (20) + Aggressive Ballistics (3) + Smallbore (6) = 29

Rifle Barreled or Reinforced Barrel adds 12 to range.

He didn't come off well in that

I'm not sure there really it's any way to come off well, day 1 players are getting ripped off

Yeah I said it over there, it's a no win scenario for him. There's nothing he could really say to make it any BETTER. Obviously what he did say made it worse. His sarcasm doesn't rub people the right way, even less so in a printed interview. I imagine he understands the concerns the players have, but he's powerless. Not an excuse and I don't want to be labeled an apologist or something. But I've always been a fan of his since the Halo days (unpopular feeling, apparently) and he just chose the wrong words for the wrong topic. No two ways about it.

Bummer to see, but hopefully this backlash at least brings the issue more to the forefront of Bungie's plate. Though I hardly believe they have much control over pricing/packaging.

Oh, did he post in that thread???

Haha no, that would be GAF suicide.

PuMa

I meant that you get from PoE like ..........

your just messing with me arent ya
Lol my bad. I thought you meant for use in POE. None of the POE drops are that spectacular, excluding the exotic ciphers.if you include the Queens weapons, I'd say Her Benevolence.

Partner in quick Valus strike gets Hawkmoon and a cool ship. I get a mote of light and boots.
Not bitter, but I check my post office just in case I missed a good drop. Sometime recently I got a ship schematic.
"Laughing Behind Your Back"

Nice. Real classy there RNG.

LMAO! So good.

Daemul

whats the best POE weapon? is there any Fatebringer, blackhammer level of quality one? if not that good whats the best one to get?

The Sniper is amazing in PvP and the Machine Gun is an upgrade on the Corrective Measure, but other than that everything else is forgettable.

EL CUCO

whats the best POE weapon? is there any Fatebringer, blackhammer level of quality one? if not that good whats the best one to get?
The only thing worth noting is the Shadow of Veils. Good impact, Shortgaze scope and 2nd highest AA Sniper in the game, iirc.

Everything else is poop.

only the sniper rifle and people seem to mainly use it for PVP

The Sniper is amazing in PvP and the Machine Gun is an upgrade on the Corrective Measure, but other than that everything else is forgettable.

Shadow of Veils. The sniper. So fucking good. I'm actually better with it than with my perfect Her Benevolence.

Thanks everyone! Something to shoot for. nothing seems to impress me much from PoE. I figured the sniper was good looking at the stats but you never know

Namikaze1

So just finished reading that Eurogamer thing. Uh wow. Just wow. There's nothing else I could say that hasn't been said already. I honestly can't wait for the Weekly Update. They will have to address this and fast. The interview did nothing but further piss off even more people.

SgtCobra

Incredibly, even with grenades and supers charging this quickly I think this looked a lot less rage inducing than current modes.

It's amazing how differently this game plans when there's now exotic hand cannons in the fray.
Yep the pvp actually looks like a lot of fun without them.

- The sidarm has a perfect range and seems better than the ones we have right now, sure it fires really fast but you're screwed from mid range and up.
- the handcannon has some great recoil.
- the rocket launcher doesn't have the Grenade and Horseshoes perk so it really makes every rocket count.
- The auto rifle looks very fun to use actually now that there aren't any 2-3 shot kill handcannons.
- Pulse rifle works as intended I guess.

The weapons handle like I think Bungie wanted them to: scout rifles are the long range weapons, handcannons for close and mid range, pulse/auto for mid etc.

I can't believe that I'm saying it but this build seems more balanced than the whole game right now, it reminds me a lot more of Halo tbh. I really hope Bungie does something about the holy trinity of exotic handcannons and legendary shotguns.
Ah the garden of SUROS, how I miss thee lol
nah

ethomaz

Banned
That Matador 64 has Field Choke (better range boost than Aggressive ballistics), Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel.

That perk combo gives it the same range as a Found Verdict with Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. I don't know if Smallbore or Rifled Barrel boost range a lot more than Reinforced Barrel does though, perhaps that explains the difference.

Matador has a base range of 25 - that's beastly. FV only has 20. But Send It is a crazy perk which makes up the difference. At the end of the day, Shot Package means Matador will have a bigger effective range regardless of these bars lining up.

Sti curious to see how much better I can make mine though. Post a picture of yours with the perks!
Ohhhh yeah... I checked... Found Verdict have the same max range (30).

The difference is the Shot Package.

My Matador is not fully upgraded yet so I will show you my Party Crash +1.

Trakan

I await for all the current weapons to become obsolete. And for them to remove rerolling.

Leave it in the game for some weapons, at least. It's the most enjoyment I've had out of the game in a while. It sucks when someone gets a great roll on a weapon like LDR from TDB and I have the vendor version.

Kyne

if Activision/Bungie buckle under all the bad publicity it would make Luke look really bad.

guy was just doing his job. Could he have done it better? Maybe. I'm sure before that interview he already heard/saw the complaints like a billion times.. and then he had to get called out on it, repeatedly? What would you have done?

I think the whackiest thing about the pricing/packages is that the physical collector's edition and the digital collector's edition are both the same price.

I ordered the physical. I looked at the content and decided between the digital things and the physical goodies, they were worth an extra $40 to me. Then again, I'm a sucker for physical goodies.

But the thought of paying an extra $40 just for the digital stuff when it costs the same to get all the physical stuff...kind of a head scratcher.

I have a strong suspicion that the Sparrow that comes with the Founder's Pack/VIP Rewards with TTK will include a Tumbler-like Sparrow.

To lend some credence to this theory here's all of the Sparrows that have the Destablizers: EV-30 Tumbler EV-31 Nightbird EV-32 Snowblind and the EV-33 Dragonrider. Originally when these were datamined we didn't know how to unlock them, but then Bungie gave us the Tumbler for TDB, and thus I figured we'd get the Nightbird with HoW. Now, I'm not so sure how we'll get the rest but I'm willing to bet that at least one of them will be part of that little bonus reward pack.

They need to get Xur selling a destabilizer module for sparrows. In fact, they just need a whole new NPC for that, to customize your sparrow stats and abilities, paint jobs, etc. (racing too, but the above first and foremost)

Sioul

Just started this game, it is normal to find high level enemies (from the expansions I think) in the earth? It's annoying sometimes

Just started this game, it is normal to find high level enemies (from the expansions I think) in the earth? It's annoying sometimes

yeah its normal lol
Its not from the expansion. theve been there since the beta. Just little things to block of areas you shouldnt go yet.

But heres the stupid thing. I remember going down in that room with the scarey level 20 hive. Then I was like. I cant wait to level up and kill them so I can find out what thiere hiding down there!

it was nothing. absolutly nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom