• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this in the other thread, just posting it here. Deej posted a comment.
Hey, there. First day back from E3, so I'm catching up on a lot of conversation about The Taken King. Please know that we're reading this feedback and taking it as seriously - as we always do. Destiny is a great game because we worked together to make it that way over the course of the past year. That partnership has not changed.

I understand that you want me to go on record right now with something that will address the disappointment that's being expressed here. I'm going to differ to the Bungie Weekly Update, in which we'll talk more about the things we're doing to celebrate the year-one Guardians who helped us build this community. I'll also revisit our goals in offering different versions of The Taken King. Ever heard the old adage about trying to please everyone?

More on this soon.

Good to be home!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ie_defending_the_taken_king_price_tag/csfapff

ocean

Banned
if Activision/Bungie buckle under all the bad publicity it would make Luke look really bad.

guy was just doing his job. Could he have done it better? Maybe. I'm sure before that interview he already heard/saw the complaints like a billion times.. and then he had to get called out on it, repeatedly? What would you have done?
Looking bad is something he managed to do all by himself.

What would I have done - really? Um...Keep a professional attitude and not mock people who think the bundling was poorly put together? It's not something he has any control over. He couldn't go well sorry go blame Activision because you don't bite the hand that feeds...but he bit the bigger hand instead. He's not a dude talking with some buddies. He's an important figure speaking on behalf of the company to the community via the press. Telling me I'll throw money at the screen because their stuff is so good it's worth buying the game twice? Not a good answer.

If he's tired of questions, he shouldn't be giving interviews.

yeah its normal lol
Its not from the expansion. theve been there since the beta. Just little things to block of areas you shouldnt go yet

It might be more than that. All the HoW minor bounty targets are around, even if you don't have the bounty. An invisible Fallen melee captain hides in the instanced area between the Steppes and the Divide. If he's there when some poor level 3 goes in...

M3Rocket

Oh crap.. I'm about to start getting soooooooo many hate messages...

Just rolled:
Felwinters Lie
Agressive Ballistics, Shot Pack, Small Bore, Knee Pads.
Guess I need to learn how to blink-shotgun now.

Also, rolled my Radegasts fury with:
Hard Launch, Javelin, G&H, Clown Catridge.
It's too perfect for me to keep rolling after Tripod.

Also, I rolled both of these in less than 5 attempts.

Interesting, what if I use Field Choke instead of Agressive Ball?

That adds even more range losing just 10% impact.

It is the max impact at max range that makes the shotgun in PvP. Here are the calculations:

Felwinter starts with 67 impact, 20 range. AB adds 3 impact, 3 range; FC adds 1 impact, 8 range. Rifled/Reinforced barrels adds 12 range; SB just 6 range.

Your Felwinter as originally configured will total 70 impact, 29 range (range cap is 32). If you replace AB with FC, it would be 68 impact, 34 range. Ideal roll will net you 70 impact, 35 range.

You can blink shotgun and OHK with almost any high impact shotgun. Because typically, that technique is used to get close enough to your victim that he has no time to react. I find that impact and shot package (aiming down the sights) to be way more important--making sure most of the pellets hit the victim than the max range. Especially if you're thinking of blink shotgun. I would keep that roll and keep it on AB and experiment with the technique.

Somewhat like Nghtly's no scope sniper rifle revive OHK's... LoL!

ocean

Banned
Ay randoms are so bad. I'm average at best at PvP and this is my common match result:

4ClrsQM.jpg

It might be more than that. All the HoW minor bounty targets are around, even if you don't have the bounty. An invisible Fallen melee captain hides in the instanced area between the Steppes and the Divide. If he's there when some poor level 3 goes in...

Oh yeah, those guys. When I was doing a hunted bounty last week I saw a level 10 or so player trying to fight with me. just dying over and over and over. He wouldnt give up, I respect that.

Salute you random level 10 guy!

It is the max impact at max range that makes the shotgun in PvP. Here are the calculations:

Felwinter starts with 67 impact, 20 range. AB adds 3 impact, 3 range; FC adds 1 impact, 8 range. Rifled/Reinforced barrels adds 12 range; SB just 6 range.

Your Felwinter as originally configured will total 70 impact, 29 range (range cap is 32). If you replace AB with FC, it would be 68 impact, 34 range. Ideal roll will net you 70 impact, 35 range.

You can blink shotgun and OHK with almost any high impact shotgun. Because typically, that technique is used to get close enough to your victim that he has no time to react. I find that impact and shot package (aiming down the sights) to be way more important--making sure most of the pellets hit the victim than the max range. Especially if you're thinking of blink shotgun. I would keep that roll and keep it on AB and experiment with the technique.

Somewhat like Nghtly's no scope sniper rifle revive OHK's... LoL!

Thanks for the very detailed explanation, Rocket.

I'll practice with AB and eventually make some experiments with FC.

One question tho, can I OHKO a sel-rezing Sunsinger with both Field Choke and AB?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn luke �� all that did was let me know to not buy Destiny 2 until a year from release....

:/
I could have told you that at launch, and it wouldn't have had anything to do with the emotes/extras in the Collector's Edition pricing here. The value proposition of buying entry into this franchise will always go up the longer you wait. If you buy anything Destiny as soon as it comes out, you're paying a substantial premium to be able to play it as soon as possible, and this is something everyone who plays or is thinking about playing should understand.

Also, it's probably not anything you care about, but it does bear mention that you will of course lose out on the chance to get "Founder's Packs" and any similar rewards offered in the future if you stick to this strategy.

ocean

Banned
I could have told you that at launch, and it wouldn't have had anything to do with the emotes/extras in the Collector's Edition pricing here. The value proposition of buying entry into this franchise will always go up the longer you wait. If you buy anything Destiny as soon as it comes out, you're paying a substantial premium to be able to play it as soon as possible, and this is something everyone who plays or is thinking about playing should understand.

Also, it's probably not anything you care about, but it does bear mention that you will of course lose out on the chance to get "Founder's Packs" and any similar rewards offered in the future if you stick to this strategy.
No emblem or shader is worth missing a year of fun with this game for me. Don't like what Acti did with the bundles but I'm disappointed at the time used in that interview to address the issue though.

As much flak as I'm giving Bungie over their treatment of day 1 players, $60 for Taken King + Destiny base + Dark Below + House of Wolves is a pretty freaking good deal if you're new. Seriously.

Unstable

Unstable got a message from a team yesterday saying they were at 8-0. He proceeded to smash them with the fury of 10,000 Fists of Havoc.
No mercy for Mercury.

I don't understand why people are so upset at the interview. Having read through it, I think Luke handled himself fine. Maybe I'm just so used to Bungie overvaluing their content that the sticker shock doesn't shock me anymore.

No mercy for Mercury.

I don't understand why people are so upset at the interview. Having read through it, I think Luke handled himself fine. Maybe I'm just so used to Bungie overvaluing their content that the sticker shock doesn't shock me anymore.

Dude, are you OHKO rezing warlocks with that matador?

rNilla

So these seem OK.

Void Her Benevolence with Longview SLR10 / Ambush, Hidden Hand, Quickdraw / Hand-laid stock, Unflinching
Solar LGH with Sightsys / Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Injection Mold, Performance Bonus

Now if only I could snipe...

M3Rocket

That Matador 64 has Field Choke (better range boost than Aggressive ballistics), Shot Package and Reinforced Barrel.

That perk combo gives it the same range as a Found Verdict with Aggressive Ballistics and Send It. I don't know if Smallbore or Rifled Barrel boost range a lot more than Reinforced Barrel does though, perhaps that explains the difference.

Matador has a base range of 25 - that's beastly. FV only has 20. But Send It is a crazy perk which makes up the difference. At the end of the day, Shot Package means Matador will have a bigger effective range regardless of these bars lining up.

Sti curious to see how much better I can make mine though. Post a picture of yours with the perks!

FYI, the Reddit HoW Shotgun Reforge Thread has updated numbers based on testing. Matador's base range is actually 20. Rifled and Reinforced barrel adds +12 range, Smallbore just +6 range.

Here are some graphic comparisons with the Found Verdict:

1. Judgement VI with AB, SP, Rifled/Reinforced barrel:
uc

2. Party Crasher with AB, SP, Rifled/Reinforced barrel:
uc

3. Matador 64 with AB, SP, Rifled/Reinforced barrel:
uc

No mercy for Mercury.

I personally thought Luke was just screwing around. Maybe because it's his nature to joke and be sarcastic or maybe because he's tired of answering questions about something he most likely doesn't have a hand in (Pricing scheme). Most know by now that sarcasm and satire doesn't translate to text very well. Anyways, I'm not to bothered by this because ultimately I'll decide how to spend my money.

blazeuk

Anyone running ToO and need another? Got a 6-0 card I need to finish (used the mercy and boon), flawless would be nice but I'll take getting the gold package at least.

neoism

I still think its hilairious that bungle still thinks the first expac is worth 1/3 the games value.. when they gave us all the pvp maps from it.. which is the only reason id buy it in the first place thankfully i didnt because all but one map is good... the corta raid is not worth 20 bones by itself....with HOW its literally the only reason i got it i got 7 maps plus the trails and the arena which i dont really like all that much... Activision should just buy bungie and get it over with...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Luke Smith: Okay, but first I want to poke at you on this a little bit.

Eurogamer: Poke at me?

Luke Smith: You're feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don't know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it -

Eurogamer: I do want them. I would buy them -

Luke Smith: If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.

Eurogamer: What I'm saying is that fan frustration is not because they don't understand the proposition. It comes regardless of how cool the exclusive content is. The frustration - and mine as a fan - is that the method of acquiring it requires me to re-buy content I bought a year ago.

Luke Smith: [Long pause] It's about value. The player's assessment of the value of the content.
I love you Luke Smith. Even if you lied about lesbian bears!
This was such a "1up" answer, but with Luke on the dev side instead of the journalist side. lol

Coming back to destiny after a month away due to vacation and god damn if this stuff on the gaming side is true I thinking I might make this a permanent break. The game was already starting to really annoy me before, but the price points here are too much.

It was fun while it lasted. Very little chance I can come back seriously to this game beyond the odd few crucible matches now

M3Rocket

Thanks for the very detailed explanation, Rocket.

I'll practice with AB and eventually make some experiments with FC.

One question tho, can I OHKO a sel-rezing Sunsinger with both Field Choke and AB?

So many factors here in ToO where level and attack values matter; no matter how little. Are you aiming down sights at the head? Is the Warlock wearing a RAM helmet? What is your light level and what is his? How are the Warlock perks setup (Armor, etc)? To be safe, walk up as close as you can get, shotgun and immediately melee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom