• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admodieus

If anybody has Oracle/Templar checkpoint on Normal and wants to run it in the next hour or so, let me know. Only thing I haven't done this week.

ethomaz

Banned
I got the worst connection ever in Destiny.

I killed a guy with a Meele and after the match ends it showed I killed him like 10 seconds after lol

No trials for me now... I will try to restart router and PS4.

Zoidberg

Is he posting in the thread?

I doubt he would ever go near that thread, they would crucify him.

Just read that interview. The collectors edition was either:

Designed by someone so out of touch with the player base that they thought long time players wouldn't care about new emotes or class specific items with XP bonuses - both of which have never been seen in game before.

Or

Designed by someone who knows the player base will rebuy content regardless, as they will want the new, never before seen items, regardless of what they have to pay.

Either way, it was poorly implemented and a big fuck you to people who have been playing since last year and put up with destiny, when lets be honest, it was as its lowest for quite a while. I personally don't care about the emotes, class items or any content in the CE. What shits me off is that they know people will buy these editions for those items alone, and they are taking advantage of that.

noomi

Ugh going through the story a 4th time is so draining :( I just want my titan to be level 20 already.

When does the reef unlock? I was hoping to use an armor core for my titan to purchase a piece today and then tomorrow....

Out 1

I got the worst connection ever in Destiny.

I killed a guy with a Meele and after the match ends it showed I killed him like 10 seconds after lol

No trials for me now... I will try to restart router and PS4.

yeah, it was brutal. getting NAT issues in the middle of a round..

will give it another shot if anyone has a spot.

phen0m24

Also Unstable if you read this I have more ideas for you.

Would you rather I pm, do a party chat at some point or write them up as a blog post?

PuMa

Ugh going through the story a 4th time is so draining :( I just want my titan to be level 20 already.

When does the reef unlock? I was hoping to use an armor core for my titan to purchase a piece today and then tomorrow....
I can help power level you at some point if you need. Not on right now though...watching the us women's game.

noomi

I can help power level you at some point if you need. Not on right now though...watching the us women's game.

Heh, thanks but I probably won't stay on too much longer.

I might hop into crucible for a bit, but me up if you see me online.

Rubenov

Coming back to destiny after a month away due to vacation and god damn if this stuff on the gaming side is true I thinking I might make this a permanent break. The game was already starting to really annoy me before, but the price points here are too much.

It was fun while it lasted. Very little chance I can come back seriously to this game beyond the odd few crucible matches now

Dude let's do some trials today.

M3Rocket

I doubt he would ever go near that thread, they would crucify him.

And that is exactly what's wrong with the entitlement attitude so prevalent in our societies today. Crucify the messenger!

Just read that interview. The collectors edition was either:

Designed by someone so out of touch with the player base that they thought long time players wouldn't care about new emotes or class specific items with XP bonuses - both of which have never been seen in game before.

Or

Designed by someone who knows the player base will rebuy content regardless, as they will want the new, never before seen items, regardless of what they have to pay.

It was probably designed by committee of mostly marketing people is my guess. Nothing is as black and white as it may seem to some. They were simply coming up with ideas to sell an $80 Special Edition. There aren't thinking about those that already have the game and have been playing it all this while, but rather how to sell the new expanded Destiny to new patrons.

Either way, it was poorly implemented and a big fuck you to people who have been playing since last year and put up with destiny, when lets be honest, it was as its lowest for quite a while. I personally don't care about the emotes, class items or any content in the CE. What shits me off is that they know people will buy these editions for those items alone, and they are taking advantage of that.

Isn't this the function of a for profit business? Make money? Does it really have to be a "big fuck you" to anybody? After all, if their pricing and packaging fails, the product fails and they go out of business or make the necessary changes to survive. There's no "government bailout" for Bungie or Activision.

So basically you're upset about something you don't care about, but because other people do and will pay the asking price for it? Look--no one is putting a gun to anyone's head (so-to-speak) to pay for these e-motes or anything at all. It isn't some government mandate that we all have to buy the game.

Luke is exactly right--what is the value proposition for you? If it doesn't work for you, don't buy it, don't play it. Their job at the end of the day, is to make money how they see fit.

I find it extremely curious that players who have spent hundreds and thousands of hours playing a video game like Destiny is crying over some unknown e-motes that in their mind costs too much. I guess all the time they've been playing isn't worth much. Because I would think an average person could, over the course of the year, spend less time figuring out how to make an extra $40 (or save $40 elsewhere) to pay for the e-motes they want. People have paid much more for lesser things.

Eris Mourn

Yo momma.

No but really. She must be mean. Queen of the Hive has a ring to it. Maybe her and Oryx had a bad divorce.

And that is exactly what's wrong with the entitlement attitude so prevalent in our societies today. Crucify the messenger!

It was probably designed by committee of mostly marketing people is my guess. Nothing is as black and white as it may seem to some. They were simply coming up with ideas to sell an $80 Special Edition. There aren't thinking about those that already have the game and have been playing it all this while, but rather how to sell the new expanded Destiny to new patrons.

Isn't this the function of a for profit business? Make money? Does it really have to be a "big fuck you" to anybody? After all, if their pricing and packaging fails, the product fails and they go out of business or make the necessary changes to survive. There's no "government bailout" for Bungie or Activision.

So basically you're upset about something you don't care about, but because other people do and will pay the asking price for it? Look--no one is putting a gun to anyone's head (so-to-speak) to pay for these e-motes or anything at all. It isn't some government mandate that we all have to buy the game.

Luke is exactly right--what is the value proposition for you? If it doesn't work for you, don't buy it, don't play it. Their job at the end of the day, is to make money how they see fit.

I find it extremely curious that players who have spent hundreds and thousands of hours playing a video game like Destiny is crying over some unknown e-motes that in their mind costs too much. I guess all the time they've been playing isn't worth much. Because I would think an average person could, over the course of the year, spend less time figuring out how to make an extra $40 (or save $40 elsewhere) to pay for the e-motes they want. People have paid much more for lesser things.

You're missing the point as you're all caught up in this stupid trendy "oh you're just so entitled" rhetoric. People don't even know what that word means any more it get's thrown around so much as a lazy argument to try and hush up legitimate complaints. We're asking for Bungie to provide year-one players with an Edition of the Taken King (digital or not) that's pricing takes into account that we've already bought Destiny 1 and Expansion 1 & 2. Why is this so difficult for people to understand? $40 extra is ridiculous for emotes, and that's the only avenue they're providing, because it comes with content we've already purchased. The solution is obvious, make a digital guardian edition like the launch one. $90 or whatever, with TTK + Expansion 3&4. No one would be upset. We want to give our money to Bungie - this is not "entitlement" - we just want reasonable options that don't insult us as a player who has supported the game since day 1. Hell, sell the damn content as a $5-10 DLC - just don't insult us with a $40 carrot over our heads. We will see how they address these complaints this Weekly Update.

Baliis

Finally got the thorn bounty, but fuck, this 500 void points is going to be terrible to get without a void primary, I'm basically screwed as soon as I run out of special ammo.

EL CUCO

Finally got the thorn bounty, but fuck, this 500 void points is going to be terrible to get without a void primary, I'm basically screwed as soon as I run out of special ammo.
Are you a Hunter? If not, you can get some extra points with your void subclass

phen0m24

What level are you? You could do Normal vault of Glass for the Epilogue or hard Crota for the Word of Crota.

Kyne

second statement:

Deej:
"I refuse to pay for what I already have and you should too."

That's your right, and we respect your freedom to make decisions about what you find valuable.

The Collector's Edition is mostly sold out, so the people who found that stuff valuable jumped at the chance. You'll likely see it sold on ebay for much more than what we're asking. But that's not the point. Right?

The real conversation here is: What are we doing to honor you, the players who have been bound to Destiny in this first year of action and adventure? I'm glad you asked. I'm going to answer in the Bungie Weekly Update.

Please stay tuned.

edit:
both statements from the bungie forums.

second statement:

edit:
both statements from the bungie forums.

No one cares about the physical Collector's Edition that's sold out. Bungie are putting their fingers in their ears and yelling "lalalalala" over this. How difficult is this to understand? This is a PR disaster.

How about: People who own the base game and both expansions get the LE digital content as their thank you.

Bam, done, overblown controversy over. There's no need to slice and dice this.

No kidding. Or hell sell it as a $50 Guardian Edition or whatever.

The real conversation here is

How about don't tell us what we're angry about? wtf.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How about: People who own the base game and both expansions get the LE digital content as their thank you.

Bam, done, overblown controversy over. There's no need to slice and dice this.
If the point is to make the CE worth buying, there's no way they'd do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom