• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

Sigh, guess I'm just destined to never ever get this RL

Don't worry. It'll come when you've given up on getting it. 700 hours is about how long it took me.

Honestly that's the problem with lfg, people who don't understand how to play the encounters. I've seen lfg post for vog requiring gjallarhorn and lvl 34's, nether of those two things are helpful (maybe the 'Horn for Templar, even the not really).

I stick to here and reddit's lfg site, lfg is for if all else fails.

Edit: top of the page!

This never gets old:

vMn3g5.gif

rNilla

*sigh*

It's not demanding special treatment. It's demanding equal treatment.

They could make Destiny 1 free for all I care. No one is complaining about the game getting cheaper over time, that's a given. It's about how they're locking a negligibly small amount of content away for newer players behind a paywall that is asking older players to re-buy what they already have - effectively doubling the cost of that new content for players who've already spent $90-100 on the game. I'm kinda done complaining about this here, because the issue people are having seems to be going over some people's heads. Sorry. It's fine if you're OK with how they're structuring this. That's your opinion and I respect that. But my opinion is that it's disrespectful to those who've already bought in at the standard price (which is always going to be the case to get in "early").
Well, everyone has an equal chance to buy the Collector's Edition for the same price which includes some digital incentives that apparently people feel strongly about obtaining.

Although I disagree, I think there's a stronger case to be made in the $40 price of Expansion III vs the $60 Legendary Edition for new players. That's quite a deal but not really unprecedented. To be blunt, I just can't get behind people who feel miffed about not getting some cosmetic junk. It's a well-established marketing trick at this point that many of us have been falling for and supporting for quite some time.

EDIT: Also the currency exchange rate thing is ridiculous and should be one of the bigger objections, though I don't believe that's limited to this game.

Daemul

How about: People who own the base game and both expansions get the LE digital content as their thank you.

Bam, done, overblown controversy over. There's no need to slice and dice this.

Hell no, I don't want that useless crap, emotes and class items mean absolutely nothing to me. What I want is for Bungie/Activision to stop using their bullshit exchange rate and to set the price for TTK expansion to what it should be for Brits. £40 does not equal $40 ffs. This price has already put most of my mates off and at this rate I'll be the only left playing the game come September, since everyone I know will have bought MGS V for even cheaper than what the expansion is going for.

Namikaze1

Oh my god! I just realized I have just 8 days left before I can finally get rid of this avatar and go back to Sanji! :D

The nightmare is coming to an end!

Lnkn52

Well, everyone has an equal chance to buy the Collector's Edition for the same price which includes some digital incentives that apparently people feel strongly about obtaining.

Although I disagree, I think there's a stronger case to be made in the $40 price of Expansion III vs the $60 Legendary Edition for new players. That's quite a deal but not really unprecedented. To be blunt, I just can't get behind people who feel miffed about not getting some cosmetic junk.

Exactly. It's inevitable that this game and some of its players want micro transactions to be introduced. Pay for what you want.

Can you get grenades and horseshoes on Radegast's Fury from the most recent Iron Banner. I've reforged this bastard about 20 times and haven't seen it. I know you can get it on the queen's launcher. I wasn't sure if the recent iron banner weapons had some perks left out or something

Frenden

Banned
Two PoE 35 noobs looking for a third. Both have maxed Gjallarhorn and I have maxed primary and secondarys.

Someone with Skolas experience would be great!

PSN FRENDEN or MrWevah.

Can you get grenades and horseshoes on Radegast's Fury from the most recent Iron Banner. I've reforged this bastard about 20 times and haven't seen it. I know you can get it on the queen's launcher. I wasn't sure if the recent iron banner weapons had some perks left out or something

Yeah I got one and rolled it for tripod, javelin, and grenades and horseshoes. So you can get all the good stuff.

todd360

I mean...Destiny fans really are like gerbils running on a wheel. I say that with myself included.

I know I'm being manipulated and I don't really care. The entire game is set up to become a habit. Dailies, weeklies, RNG drops, weekly caps for marks, RNG item seller every week, ect. It's all built specifically to keep us running on the same wheel, day in and day out.

If you're ok with that (and I am) then it can be a fun experience. But I personally wouldn't call most of those people wrong.

Yeah... Most of them aren't wrong. Everyone needs to mail me their credit cards for safe keeping.

M3Rocket

I don't disagree with you on principle, but the flip side is that I can take my money and give it to people who are willing to accommodate my needs. It's one of the great things about capitalism.

Exactly! You get to decide what to do with your money. Bungie gets to decide what they think the market will bear. And going by the sold-out status of that edition, their marketing department succeeded. Clearly enough people thought the value proposition was a good one for them.

Daemul

Just read the bungie defends destiny thread. Oh god the cringe. Bungie certainly isn't helping our popularity. Gaming side hates us even more now for liking destiny. They see us all as morons who will pay $80 dollars for mostly the same stuff we already own with a smile on our collective faces. Then there's people who think we're dense for spending $40 on a small expansion. We can't really make a good call on that one yet, but chances are its not going to have enough content to justify the price tag.

Just wait for Thursday everyone! Our Lord and Savior Deej won't let us down!

Tbh mate, gaming side aren't entirely wrong about all that.

EDIT: Beaten already ffs. This is what happens when you don't read everything before posting.

todd360

Tbh mate, gaming side aren't entirely wrong about all that.

EDIT: Beaten already ffs. This is what happens when you don't read everything before posting.

I don't see a huge problem with the $40. I'm sure it's probably $10 dollars to expensive with we always get a great deal of fun and play time out of the raids. A raid as good as VoG would make the price worth it to me. The people paying $80 for new dance moves and class items are a part of the problem though for sure.

Buying the same stuff you already own is foolish. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves though. It's your money. Bungie and Activision are the ones at fault. I hate Activision so much. Just give call of duty a break for a few years. God damn.

Ask again tomorrow after the reset. I'll be running all the raids. All of them I tell you!

Tomorrow might be better since its reset day. Sorry burnt out on the game for today, did my good DGAF deeds and helped out a few people already. Don't mind running it with you later on this week.

Sounds good. I'll just wait till then and crack away at some story stuff I haven't done. Thanks

Lnkn52

I don't see a huge problem with the $40. I'm sure it's probably $10 dollars to expensive with we always get a great deal of fun and play time out of the raids. A raid as good as VoG would make the price worth it to me. The people paying $80 for new dance moves and class items are a part of the problem though for sure.

Buying the same stuff you already own is foolish. It's up to everyone to decide for themselves though. It's your money. Bungie and Activision are the ones at fault. I hate Activision so much. Just give call of duty a break for a few years. God damn.

True, but we also have gamers that pay for remasters/HD collections.

A bunch of people think that because they are "loyal" customers or Day 1 "supporters" or whatever, thinks they deserve "special treatment (or pricing)" for a bunch of stuff that Bungie decided is/was worth $40/$20/whatever. That's entitled. That's the "value proposition" Luke refers too.

G3pnnxA.png

This is the best that my mspaint skill would allow.

noomi

Titan Leveling Log Entry #45-Alpha

"Today I leveled my titan to 13, punched some more stuff, and had fun with bubbles... I think I'm really going to enjoy this..."

Geez, what bad fucking timing. Every time I ask to join someone in Clash they're leaving.

:(

Sorry dude, been playing for about 3 hours and it's time to take a little break.

Tomorrow's gameplan:

3 Nightfall runs
Check what weapon Variks is selling (I want the sniper)

And then off to Batman.

Same plan here, expect 2 nightfalls since my titan jr is still under-leveled. I would like that sniper as well, it's the only PoE weapon I'm missing at this point.

Also... batman hype! Have it pre-loaded on steam and I'm ready to go!

Jaeyden

Fuck you Bungie! Twice tonight 7-0 in trials and your stupid fucking server errors boot me out and give me a loss...even when my boon is active. Never lost connection to my internet.Played the same team three times in a row tonight also you fucks. Thought you weren't supposed to play the same teams consecutively. Also thought you had some amazing reconnect to team shit going on when your god damn servers eat the shit too. Where the fuck was that? I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom