• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Rocket

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. You think I'm entitled, that's fine, that's your opinion. My opinion is that I think you're missing the point entirely.

Actually, I don't think you're entitled to anything. That's my point--Bungie doesn't "owe" us "Day-1" anything. They may say they do for PR's sake, but the truth of it is that their success (make money) pretty much speaks for itself. Consumers have willingly paid whatever the asking price was so far for what the company has offered and produced/marketed.

But I digress. EOL.

Right. It would be even better if they just offered the e-motes for $1 each, or $.50, or $5 for all of them, et al. Again, irrelevant. They didn't do that, and yet, enough people saw that the value proposition works for them. Hence, that CE is sold out.

The Collector's Edition "sold out" because it came with this:

ttk-physical-collectors-edition-esrb.png

Baffling that the digital one is the same price and only comes with the digital extras. People are upset about the digital edition, not the physical one. Ignoring the one that is sold out, they value the digital extras at $20 for new players, and $40 for existing players.

M3Rocket

The Collector's Edition "sold out" because it came with this:

ttk-physical-collectors-edition-esrb.png

Baffling that the digital one is the same price and only comes with the digital extras. People are upset about the digital edition, not the physical one.

Then don't buy the digital edition! That's all. Simple. No one buys the digital edition because it's "too much for not enough." That's what's going to send the message. But I'm not going to make that judgement for anyone else but me. I didn't buy the digital edition.

Siaynoqq

Really just want to get 5 wins with my Titan. Anyone here willing to help me get there? I usually get to Mercury at least once a week (and did this week with my hunter) but I'm not doing so well on this map with my Titan.

Then don't buy the digital edition! That's all. Simple. No one buys the digital edition because it's "too much for not enough." That's what's going to send the message. But I'm not going to make that judgement for anyone else but me. I didn't buy the digital edition.

I'm not! I've stated my case for why I don't think the $80 is worth it and is insulting for year one players. That said, I still enjoy the game, and I'm probably buying the $40 digital version, but I'm waiting to see the rest of what they reveal before I make my decision of whether to pre-order or not. Until then, I'll lament over their clear missed opportunity with their poor bundling and messaging - just like I lament over the PS exclusives every chance I get. Like right now. Yeah, fuck Bungie/Activision for that still!

Mindlog

Again big thank you to D-Psipher and Delamarch. Sorry we couldn't get your packages. I'm going to grab some much needed food then try and help if I can. Feel bad getting everything I wanted out of that, but not being able to return the favor. If I win a raffle I'll send the ticket your way.

spyder_ur

TLW is way too much fun in regular PVP

It totally reinvigorated my interest in PvP as I learned it. The keys for me were figuring out that it had more range than I originally thought and how to get into that range along with when to use fan fire which is less than I figured. With Blink if you can get a half step to the side the gunfight is over. Opens up whole new playstyles and a level of aggression that had never been my thing in PvP.

Also, I just switched to sniping with LDR instead of LGH. I'm finding myself landing headshots much better, although I'm less able to double shot jumpers and unaware players for kills. Still, much better.

todd360

True, but we also have gamers that pay for remasters/HD collections.

That's not as big of a deal. People who didn't play the first time around buy them as well. Plus its not the exact same product. They usually are the superior version of the game. They put some work in is what I'm trying to say. $80 dollar digital edition is you paying $40 dollars extra for the same exact stuff you already own. It's highway robbery for those of us who already own the game and 2 dlc packs.

Lnkn52

That's not as big of a deal. People who didn't play the first time around buy them as well. Plus its not the exact same product. They usually are the superior version of the game. They put some work in is what I'm trying to say. $80 dollar digital edition is you paying $40 dollars extra for the same exact stuff you already own. It's highway robbery for those of us who already own the game and 2 dlc packs.
Just waiting for the renege they are going to try to explain on the next weekly.

I was playing skirmish and me and my random teammates dominated and then we just decided to give trials a shot and we went flawless. Couldn't believe I actually did it with my warlock. I can't believe I did it 3 times this weekend on this map. I'm a fucking fraud.

LiK

gah, wish Revanant looked better on Kell armor for Titan. They add white onto certain armor parts for some reason. Maybe I'll just try to collect ToO armor next weekend. I'll be begging Ruben for a trip back to Mercury.

Sad but true.

It won't even matter anyway if they don't increase Vault space. I have absolutely no room for shaders or emblems or even guns at this point. I guess now I have so many more choices to make when TTK come out, right Bungie?

gah, wish Revanant looked better on Kell armor for Titan. They add white onto certain armor parts for some reason. Maybe I'll just try to collect ToO armor next weekend. I'll be begging Ruben for a trip back to Mercury.

I like to call my Revenant shader the Evil Cow with how it looks with warlock gear.

LiK

Sad but true.

It won't even matter anyway if they don't increase Vault space. I have absolutely no room for shaders or emblems or even guns at this point. I guess now I have so many more choices to make when TTK come out, right Bungie?

I like to call my Revenant shader the Evil Cow with how it looks with warlock gear.

do they look good on Purifer Robes. might give it to my Warlock and see.

Damn, some horrible games from me tonight in Trials, I think I wasted my bladedancer nearly every time by getting stuck on walls and doorways and just to add to the pain of it all I also walked off the outside edge and blinked off the ship to my death.

Dang, well sorry I used up all your good Trials games yesterday.

do they look good on Purifer Robes. might give it to my Warlock and see.

Purifier Robes don't change from default white. But I love how it looks with VoG gear (even with the purifiers mixed in). Black Warlock helmets always look hawt. I like Revenant best on my Warlock out of the 3 classes.

LiK

Purifier Robes don't change from default white. But I love how it looks with VoG gear (even with the purifiers mixed in). Black Warlock helmets always look hawt. I like Revenant best on my Warlock out of the 3 classes.

dang it, i just want my dude to be all black. why does Bungie deny me this?

Jesus. I hope I'm not alone on this sentiment.

I fully understand why people are upset about some of this stuff. Personal opinion is that people are taking it all too seriously and should just speak with their money. But, forums are built to let people express their opinions so for the most part all is fair.

But holy shit. Between the multiple Reddit threads and the thread over on Gaming, the shit people are saying about Luke is fucking embarrassing. Yeah, dude said some dumb shit. I just can't believe that people think that justifies the absolute venom they are putting out in the world.

Makes me embarrassed that by virtue of being a fan of this game and a member of the community I can be associated with that garbage. Speak your piece about the pricing and Luke's mishandling of the situation. But people are giving it back in spades, far worse than anything Luke said.

Ughhh. What a disaster for the community.

I usually go digital lately but... That physical release has so much good loot I had to buck my recent trend.

Jesus. I hope I'm not alone on this sentiment.

I fully understand why people are upset about some of this stuff. Personal opinion is that people are taking it all too seriously and should just speak with their money. But, forums are built to let people express their opinions so for the most part all is fair.

But holy shit. Between the multiple Reddit threads and the thread over on Gaming, the shit people are saying about Luke is fucking embarrassing. Yeah, dude said some dumb shit. I just can't believe that people think that justifies the absolute venom they are putting out in the world.

Makes me embarrassed that by virtue of being a fan of this game and a member of the community I can be associated with that garbage. Speak your piece about the pricing and Luke's mishandling of the situation. But people are giving it back in spades, far worse than anything Luke said.

Ughhh. What a disaster for the community.

Couldn't agree more. It's just sad, really. The dude is a good dude, who truly loves what he is creating, and there's a sect of gamers just dropping trowel and taking a heaping dump. Whether you agree with the purchase tiers for TTK or not, which is an entirely okay debate to have, there's no excuse for the borderline harassment that's being spewed. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom