• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang it, i just want my dude to be all black. why does Bungie deny me this?

Voidfang Vestments can be used! I like Obsidian mind and VoG gear. Or maybe Claws of Ahamkara and VoG gear. Can you tell I really like VoG gear?

Their marriage got rocky and Crota moved out... Only to get annihilated by the Guardians. Oryx is gun take us to da judge.

But what about mum. Mum would be mad too. I wanna know what she's doin!

LiK

Jesus. I hope I'm not alone on this sentiment.

I fully understand why people are upset about some of this stuff. Personal opinion is that people are taking it all too seriously and should just speak with their money. But, forums are built to let people express their opinions so for the most part all is fair.

But holy shit. Between the multiple Reddit threads and the thread over on Gaming, the shit people are saying about Luke is fucking embarrassing. Yeah, dude said some dumb shit. I just can't believe that people think that justifies the absolute venom they are putting out in the world.

Makes me embarrassed that by virtue of being a fan of this game and a member of the community I can be associated with that garbage. Speak your piece about the pricing and Luke's mishandling of the situation. But people are giving it back in spades, far worse than anything Luke said.

Ughhh. What a disaster for the community.

everyone will end up buying it anyway. Luke's gonna just need to keep that flame shield raised until release date.

I fully understand why people are upset about some of this stuff. Personal opinion is that people are taking it all too seriously and should just speak with their money. But, forums are built to let people express their opinions so for the most part all is fair.

But holy shit. Between the multiple Reddit threads and the thread over on Gaming, the shit people are saying about Luke is fucking embarrassing. Yeah, dude said some dumb shit. I just can't believe that people think that justifies the absolute venom they are putting out in the world.

Makes me embarrassed that by virtue of being a fan of this game and a member of the community I can be associated with that garbage. Speak your piece about the pricing and Luke's mishandling of the situation. But people are giving it back in spades, far worse than anything Luke said.

Worst part is that Luke is a pretty awesome dude. He's long been one of my favourites at Bungie, snark and all. He's good people. I mean, he lead the VoG team. Come on.

I am quite glad he spoke with that honesty, makes you understand how he views you as a consumer, just think about it

Mindlog

Just spent 100 Weapon parts trying to get the perfect party crash... Why the fuck would I do that. I already have a great felwinters and Matador. :(
I've had some really bad luck rerolling weapons.
And the weapon I did roll perfect (Low Grade Humility) I no longer even use.

Still, had nothing else to do with 2000 weapon parts.

p.s. You should be able to dismantle exotic shards into weapon parts. At one point I had twice as many Exotic Shards as weapon parts.

rNilla

Odd that people who routinely and literally say "fuck you" to Bungie interpret that interview as a "fuck you" from Bungie and escalate further in their responses. And yes it is embarrassing, even to a manchild like me who says a lot of dumb, embarrassing things on the Internet.

He was being brutally honest and was straight to the main point. Very cut and dry, which I like more instead of fluff.

You're feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don't know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it.

If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.
When a gamer buddy of mine mention this to me, I though it was funny in a sense, which I can see the humor in it. Was it meant to be funny/sarcastic? Who knows? Something do not translate well on text.

Definitely not alone. I also understand why ppl are upset, but some of the backlash is a bit much. There's no need to call Luke some of the things that are being thrown around on Reddit and on GAF. Especially when he has posted in the OT's here to show that they do value our input. He's even sent DGAF's very own GraveRobber words of encouragement and get well wishes. I would think a member of this community would be accorded just a bit more respect.

Luke is damn good dude. And love when he posts here.

Don't let them get to you man if you're still willing to venture onto this site. :/

Man idk Gaf(I know it's not just Gaf. But I expect better of this place)has become way to hostile as of the last couple years. Not sure why any developers would ever want to come here anymore.

He was being brutally honest and was straight to the main point. Very cut and dry, which I like more instead of fluff.

When a gamer buddy of mine mention this to me, I though it was funny in a sense, which I can see the humor in it. Was it meant to be funny/sarcastic? Who knows? Something do not translate well on text.

It's a great point. We have no idea what this exclusive digital stuff actually is. Could be cool. Could be lame. Could be something that gets used once and then tossed into the special orders vendor. But the not knowing... It makes people anxious. Makes them angry, even, because they don't know if they're missing out or not by not getting the Collector's Edition... Which is supposed to have the extra loot, as a good CE should.

Look at the Halo 5 CE... It's $250 for a statue and doesn't come with a physical copy of the game...hell, even the limited edition is $100. This is only $80 and you get so much more stuff. What's not to like?

Congrats!!!

Didnt the shader rewards from being a old player gives you a black shader too?

Sure looks like it, an all black sparrow too.

vip-rewards.png

Sofa King

everyone will end up buying it anyway. Luke's gonna just need to keep that flame shield raised until release date.

This is the attitude they are bringing, though, which is the problem. I honestly wonder what it would truly take for some to become truly upset around here to the point of not buying stuff. I think if Bungie said "for $200 you can have everything we will be releasing until Destiny 2 and it will include exclusive DOUBLE VAULT SPACE!" people here would lap it up as an exclusive feature.

lol $80.00 for 3 new emotes? Get outta here...

I think this is were an important distinction has to be made. Its $80.00 to -you- for three emotes as you already own all of the other content in the bundle. For a new Destiny player its $80.00 for -everything- and three emotes. Vastly different circumstances depending on your investment in the ecosystem. The problem I think people are running into is separating themselves from -every- item Bungie sells for the Game. I have bad news; some of these Bundles are explicitly designed to attract new players who have not played the game yet. Sweeten the pot if you will.

Now; keeping myself honest. I don't know if I'm going to by the Comet. I really don't. I know if I do it won't be any of the "special" editions of it. Emotes and a shader don't do it for me. Also YAY NAME CHANGE WENT THROUGH! (Thanks Ghaleon)

From Deej on Bungie.Net
man that is a scary place

"I refuse to pay for what I already have and you should too."

That's your right, and we respect your freedom to make decisions about what you find valuable.

The Collector's Edition is mostly sold out, so the people who found that stuff valuable jumped at the chance. You'll likely see it sold on ebay for much more than what we're asking. But that's not the point. Right?

The real conversation here is: What are we doing to honor you, the players who have been bound to Destiny in this first year of action and adventure? I'm glad you asked. I'm going to answer in the Bungie Weekly Update.

Please stay tuned.

Well said and stoked to find out what's coming our way!

Rainmaker

Banned
To me Luke greatly mishandled the situation and that really let me down. He doesn't deserve that certain type of awfulness being thrown his way though. I will say that it continues to get harder to support Activision/Bungie/Destiny and that's a bummer. The game has so much potential and there is still so much wrong with so may aspects of it.

this speaks to me. but will it truly be all black or just a sham?!

I keep seeing and hearing people say it is black but I originally thought it looked like a tan and dark brown shader.

Arrrammis

A bit off topic, but I noticed Planetside 2 is launching tomorrow for ps4, and there's no thread to be found about it here on Gaf... Anyone else planning on checking it out? Free to play, worth a look at least. Seems like a lot of the players in Destinygaf would be interested in Planetside 2.

kidko

So Luke is basically playing coy and hinting that there will be a real money store or something where you can spend money on stuff like emotes. That would basically solve this problem, but we're still pissed because he didn't literally say hand out DLC codes for free emotes or something in his interview? What can you expect, this is AAA games, not some indie thing where the guy being interviewed is the same guy making the fiscal decisions for the studio.

This entitled frothing gamer lash-out shit is going to drive all the good developers away from the industry. Who would want to deal with this crap

So Luke is basically playing coy and hinting that there will be a real money store or something where you can spend money on stuff like emotes. That would basically solve this problem, but we're still pissed because he didn't literally say hand out DLC codes for free emotes or something in his interview? What can you expect, this is AAA games, not some indie thing where the guy being interviewed is the same guy making the fiscal decisions for the studio.

This entitled frothing gamer lash-out shit is going to drive all the good developers away from the industry. Who would want to deal with this crap

That's not at all why people are pissed off in the slightest. People are pissed off because Luke Smith came across as entitled to patronage in that awful interview.

A bit off topic, but I noticed Planetside 2 is launching tomorrow for ps4, and there's no thread to be found about it here on Gaf... Anyone else planning on checking it out? Free to play, worth a look at least. Seems like a lot of the players in Destinygaf would be interested in Planetside 2.

I'm definitely gonna check it out, but the problem I have with playing almost any FPS now is that they all feel like shit compared to Destiny. Bungie just knows how to completely nail the feel of guns.

I'm certainly gonna give it a shot though, and hopefully I can look past that.

Luke is damn good dude. And love when he posts here.

Don't let them get to you man if your still willing to venture onto this site. :/

Man idk Gaf(I know it's not just Gaf. But I expect better of this place)has become way to hostile as of the last couple years. Not sure why any developers would ever want to come here anymore.

We care and we want what we feel is best for the games we love.

From Deej on Bungie.Net
man that is a scary place

"I refuse to pay for what I already have and you should too."

That's your right, and we respect your freedom to make decisions about what you find valuable.

The Collector's Edition is mostly sold out, so the people who found that stuff valuable jumped at the chance. You'll likely see it sold on ebay for much more than what we're asking. But that's not the point. Right?

The real conversation here is: What are we doing to honor you, the players who have been bound to Destiny in this first year of action and adventure? I'm glad you asked. I'm going to answer in the Bungie Weekly Update.

Please stay tuned.

Well said and stoked to find out what's coming our way!

Ugh. I love it when people try to tell me the real reason why I'm angry when that's completely not why I'm angry. Thanks Master Jedi DeeJ for your understanding and your enabling of choices for us all.

--

Ok, so you have Fatebringer, right? Or this weapons or piece of Armour that you really love. Instead of being able to Ascend them to "Year 2" level, what if there were now a number of "upgrade modules" that you could attach to them, all new:

Weapon Upgrade Modules (5 slots per Legendary, 7 per Exotic)
Attack Modules
Exotic Attack Module: 30% chance of success, consumes 1 slot, increases base weapon attack by 50
Legendary Attack Module: 60% chance of success, consumers 1 slot, increases base weapon attack by 30
Rare Attack Module: 100% chance of success, consumes 1 slot, increases base weapon attack by 10

Reload Speed Modules
Exotic: 30% chance of success, consumes 1 slot, increases reload speed by X
Legendary: 60% chance of success, consumes 1 slot, increases reload speed by Y
Rare: 100% change of success, consumes 1 slot, increases reload speed by Z

Elemental Modules
Exotic Arc: 30% chance of success, consumes 3 slots on success, 1 slot on failure, adds Arc element to weapon
Exotic Void: 30% chance of success, consumes 3 slots on success, 1 slot on failure, adds Void element to weapon
Exotic Solar: 30% chance of success, consumes 3 slots on success, 1 slot on failure, adds Arc element to weapon

Unique Perk Modules
Exotic: 30% chance of success, consumes 3 slots on success, 1 slot on failure. Adds ability: "multi-kills with this weapon increase Orb of Light generation of allies by 100% for 7 seconds. Stacks 3 times"

etc, etc, etc

Armour Upgrade Modules (3 slots per Legendary, 5 per Exotic)

Defense Modules
etc

They could drop in all activities, and maybe you could even have a "tempering faction" that would allow you to increase your chances. This would be cool to see someone who had a really really good "tempering" on an old Fatebringer, but would still leave room for Bungie to move on with newer, better weapons while still keeping the old ones relevant. Just an idea. I'd love an upgrading system like this ;P

kidko

That's not at all why people are pissed off in the slightest. People are pissed off because Luke Smith came across as entitled to patronage in that awful interview.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. He came across as human developer who has to tow the company line or lose his job. He tried to joke and hint that "it will all be ok, just wait" when he could have just been a drone, repeating the marketing copy without hinting at any brighter future at all.

It seems obvious to me that those of us who refuse to buy the collectors edition will eventually have access to the in-game content one way or another. The emotes will become available to everyone in the future most likely in a real-money shop. I bet blacksmith shader will be there too. He's spelling it out right there with his "golf clap" example.

hydruxo

He definitely doesn't deserve the animosity he's getting, but let's be real here. His interview was a PR mess and he's going to have to learn from it. Sometimes backlash needs to happen for things to change. Ultimately none of this will matter because Bungie will find some way to make everyone happy now, and in a few months people will be playing TTK having forgotten this whole debacle ever happened. It is what it is.

Jobbs

Banned
I wanted to check out Destiny after not playing in several months. I have the digital game and I never uninstalled it from my PS4.

This is going to sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to launch it. It shows 26 gigs on my HDD under system storage management, but if I go to it in my library, it goes to a store page for the upcoming DLC. I see no way to launch the game.

Am I stupid or is something going wrong?

GhaleonEB

He definitely doesn't deserve the animosity he's getting, but let's be real here. His interview was a PR mess and he's going to have to learn from it. Sometimes backlash needs to happen for things to change. Ultimately none of this will matter because Bungie will find some way to make everyone happy now, and in a few months people will be playing TTK having forgotten this whole debacle ever happened. It is what it is.

I think a couple of the exchanges were unfortunate, but I also think they probably 'read' very differently in video rather than transcript form. Some of the replies sound sarcastic/joking, and when read with Luke's joking voice in mind, come across entirely different.

The opportunity to spend money line, and exchange about throwing money at the screen parts in particular. That's Luke's sense of barbed humor putting up a defense for something he can't really defend, IMO. But it came across totally differently in text.

#####

I am looking to run the NF on my daughter's account, but she hasn't done the Eris questline yet. Would anyone be willing to fire it up so I could join on you? No need to stick around to run it unless you want to, I soloed it twice this week on my characters.

I wanted to check out Destiny after not playing in several months. I have the digital game and I never uninstalled it from my PS4.

This is going to sound stupid, but I can't figure out how to launch it. It shows 26 gigs on my HDD under system storage management, but if I go to it in my library, it goes to a store page for the upcoming DLC. I see no way to launch the game.

Am I stupid or is something going wrong?

It's a glitch, restore licenses, log out of psn and reboot ps4.

If that doesn't fix it, contact sony support or re-install the game.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think a couple of the exchanges were unfortunate, but I also think they probably 'read' very differently in video rather than transcript form. Some of the replies sound sarcastic/joking, and when read with Luke's joking voice in mind, come across entirely different.

The opportunity to spend money line, and exchange about throwing money at the screen parts in particular. That's Luke's sense of barbed humor putting up a defense for something he can't really defend, IMO. But it came across totally differently in text.

#####

I am looking to run the NF on my daughter's account, but she hasn't done the Eris questline yet. Would anyone be willing to fire it up so I could join on you? No need to stick around to run it unless you want to, I soloed it twice this week on my characters.
yeah, i got you. I'll start up now, just join on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom