• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Thanks Rubenov and Drizz for the Trials marathon tonight. 8-1, followed by a legit 9-0 (no boons)! Got the Scholar (arc), didn't have one yet so I'm happy.

Lace

Thanks Rubenov and Drizz for the Trials marathon tonight. 8-1, followed by a legit 9-0 (no boons)! Got the Scholar (arc), didn't have one yet so I'm happy.
Got one spot open for trials. Won't be starting for 15, gotta finish up something.

Psn: reaperchad

Ken

23-1 in rumble. No rewards. Two others got legendaries. Yup, working as intended. I don't need much just give me something dammit.

b344789a04a7b74b78cae35be345aa39.jpg

Damn, some horrible games from me tonight in Trials, I think I wasted my bladedancer nearly every time by getting stuck on walls and doorways and just to add to the pain of it all I also walked off the outside edge and blinked off the ship to my death.

Poor Blaze, I still remember your almost sure triple Fist of Havoc, only for you to bump into an enemy Warlock mid-air and ending up on the other side of the ship, that was hilarious XD

Shy

Me again. quick question.
I've been using the suros regime since the beginning. but i just found out that's it's not good.
So, i would like to know what is the best primary weapon, please. ?

No Land Beyond.

I've been using the suros regime since the beginning. but i just found out that's it's not good.

Yeah I would highly recommend the No Land Beyond. The benefit of using primary ammo for a sniper really outweighs a lot of the choices for a primary. Plus you can pair it with a good Shotgun secondary, or even another sniper for a good choice when you swap. The best part about the NLB is the perk setup, you can really learn to chain the bonus damage from one enemy to another after a bit of practice - it's honestly ideal for PvE and PvP. Just make sure you level it to 365 with an exotic shard.

PvP it would be The Last Word. PvE it's pretty much whatever you like. Fatebringer is loved by many and it doesn't take up an exotic slot.

Shy

No Land Beyond.

Yeah I would highly recommend the No Land Beyond. The benefit of using primary ammo for a sniper really outweighs a lot of the choices for a primary. Plus you can pair it with a good Shotgun secondary, or even another sniper for a good choice when you swap. The best part about the NLB is the perk setup, you can really learn to chain the bonus damage from one enemy to another after a bit of practice - it's honestly ideal for PvE and PvP.
I just looked that weapon up, and people on the interwebs say it's the worst, are you guys trying to pull my leg.? :p

Depends on what you're going to use it for: PvP or PvE.
PvP: best without a doubt are the three exotic hand cannons TLW, Hawkmoon (if you're on PS) and Thorn. The Messenger (ToO pulse rifle) is pretty solid as well.
PvE: Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence or a Messenger with elemental damage are pretty much the best choices imo.

Did you manage to get your armor this week?
Stupid downtime in EU primetime =/

Grim went to Mercury with Gaz and Blaze, so luckily it turned out well.
Seems like we have two full SoM teams for ToO.

lt519

I just looked that weapon up, and people on the interwebs say it's the worst, are you guys trying to pull my leg.? :p

It's hand cannons, Red Death, or The Messenger. If you are new to Hand Cannons, Thorn is the easiest one to start with (it's kickback is manageable and the damage over time helps get some extra kills), but you'll want to graduate to The Last Word eventually. Shotguns (Shot Package and high impact) over Fusion Rifles now and for Snipers you'll want something with high aim assist like LDR, Low Grade Humility, Queen's Sniper, etc.

edit: that's for PvP of course, for PvE the elemental primary weapons rule the day like the poster above me suggested. I do like Fang of Ir Yut and Word of Crota if you can't manage to get the elusive Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence. The new PoE weapons are difficult to obtain but Six Dreg Pride is actually pretty solid.

Shy

Depends on what you're going to use it for: PvP or PvE.
PvP: best without a doubt are the three exotic hand cannons TLW, Hawkmoon (if you're on PS) and Thorn. The Messenger (ToO pulse rifle) is pretty solid as well.
PvE: Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence or a Messenger with elemental damage are pretty much the best choices imo.

It's hand cannons, Red Death, or The Messenger. If you are new to Hand Cannons, Thorn is the easiest one to start with (it's kickback is manageable and the damage over time helps get some extra kills), but you'll want to graduate to The Last Word eventually. Shotguns (Shot Package and high impact) over Fusion Rifles now and for Snipers you'll want something with high aim assist like LDR, Low Grade Humility, Queen's Sniper, etc.

edit: that's for PvP of course, for PvE the elemental primary weapons rule the day like the poster above me suggested. I do like Fang of Ir Yut and Word of Crota if you can't manage to get the elusive Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence. The new PoE weapons are difficult to obtain but Six Dreg Pride is actually pretty solid.
Ahhh, cool. thanks for letting me know.

GhaleonEB

LOL. i see ...................

The real answer is, there is no best primary weapon. There are a handful of weapons people like in each weapon class, but there is also variation in what is best in PvE vs. PvP.

Hand cannons? Best PvE are probably Hawkmoon and Fatebringer. Scout rifles? Vision of Confluence or Mida Multi-Tool are excellent. There are more, but it's really about how you like to play. My Hunter uses two scout rifles, the Titan two hand cannons, the Warlock a pulse rifle and two auto rifles (one of which is Suros).

Shy

The real answer is, there is no best primary weapon. There are a handful of weapons people like in each weapon class, but there is also variation in what is best in PvE vs. PvP.

Hand cannons? Best PvE are probably Hawkmoon and Fatebringer. Scout rifles? Vision of Confluence or Mida Multi-Tool are excellent. There are more, but it's really about how you like to play. My Hunter uses two scout rifles, the Titan two hand cannons, the Warlock a pulse rifle and two auto rifles (one of which is Suros).
Ahh, thanks to you also, kind sir or madam.

ocean

Banned
Suros was king once upon a time, but Bungie has taken Auto Rifles down to the ground. They're now the worst weapon class you could use in any situation basically.

In general, Hand Cannons are at the very top of the PvP food chain. There are 3 Exotic HCs: Thorn, The Last Word and Hawkmoon. All 3 are absolute top tier. An exotic Pulse Rifle, Red Death, is also very good.

On the a Legendary side of things, high impact Pulse Rifles do really well. Scouts are in a weird place right now and auto rifles are just plain bad.

Future

What do you mean by this? Like a bladedancer deals more damage with a sniper or has perks like faster rate of fire or reload? Borderlands did this well, I just played through the Pre-Sequel with a character that had all pistol based perks.

That's exactly what I meant. I guess it's easy for me to suggest since I have characters of every class. But if hunters were better with snipers, Titans with shotguns, and warlocks with fusions that would make a lot of sense to me and add even more focus to the roles. Even if "better" meant perk like attributes like bigger Mags, faster reload, "hidden hand" etc.

Ahh, thanks to you also, kind sir or madam.

Hawkmoon is very easy to handle and it is a beast in PvE. Last Word is tricky, but once you learn how to use it, it outshines almost every other weapon in the game. Thorn is nice too.

Personally, I would go with Hawkmoon. Only on my warlock I use a pulse rifle called Bad Juju which helps you to charge your super in a ridiculously fast manner (specially with the Osidian Mind equipped).

lt519

That's exactly what I meant. I guess it's easy for me to suggest since I have characters of every class. But if hunters were better with snipers, Titans with shotguns, and warlocks with fusions that would make a lot of sense to me and add even more focus to the roles. Even if "better" meant perk like attributes like bigger Mags, faster reload, "hidden hand" etc.

I like the idea, I just see it hard to execute in Destiny mostly because of PvP. One of their big hurdles is keeping weapons tuned for both PvP and PvE. I think whichever class you give Hand Cannon buffs becomes the only class people use in PvP. I could be wrong, it could be done well if tuned well. It's definitely an interesting idea though since each character will soon have three classes. You'd get coverage of 9 weapon types (AR, HC, Pulse, Scout, Fusion, Shotty, Sniper, Machine, Rocket).

This is turning into dreamland but they could be tied to existing perks. For instance when you hit someone or something with a throwing knife if you have a fusion rifle equipped it automatically charges your weapon for instant firing. It's not this long lasting perk that is ever present, something that requires skill to trigger, and is only temporary. A more subtle implementation of this across the board.

S U R O S R E G I M E

Man thinking about Suros brings back a lot of memories. It was my very first exotic, so ofcourse I also ran my first VoG with the Suros. Great weapon at the time, even though I hated the kangaroo ball sound effect. Checking out the load outs of opponents during the early IBs and telling the team to watch out for the guys with the Suros (so practically everyone)...

Sad to see it's now collecting dust in my vault.

I like the idea, I just see it hard to execute in Destiny mostly because of PvP. One of their big hurdles is keeping weapons tuned for both PvP and PvE. I think whichever class you give Hand Cannon buffs becomes the only class people use in PvP. I could be wrong, it could be done well if tuned well. It's definitely an interesting idea though since each character will soon have three classes. You'd get coverage of 9 weapon types (AR, HC, Pulse, Scout, Fusion, Shotty, Sniper, Machine, Rocket).

This is turning into dreamland but they could be tied to existing perks. For instance when you hit someone or something with a throwing knife if you have a fusion rifle equipped it automatically charges your weapon for instant firing. It's not this long lasting perk that is ever present, something that requires skill to trigger, and is only temporary. A more subtle implementation of this across the board.

They're already balancing separately in PvE and PvP-mainly with shotguns. Shotguns are more effective in PvE than they are in PvP in terms of damage output.

They have the tech there to do that. There would be nothing wrong with balancing the PvP and PvE separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom