• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who you calling a scrub? I don't want no scrubs...

I disagree. Trials has actually pushed me to improve my crucible game significantly:
(hopes no one sees my daily clash matches from yesterday)

I think a lot of the fun of trials is the anticipation of who you're going to face next. It makes getting to Mercury, or hell even just getting to a silver package all the more rewarding. It's ACTUALLY a trial, and I think that's why I like it so much.

Don't get me wrong LT... that's exactly why I'm on the fence. All of those things are great, but it seems like everything conspires against me most of the time and I think that there has to be a better way.

Last night we had a competent group, and had a good shot at going silver or gold. But... With three of us having different cards due to never playing with each other and not wanting to throw passage coins down the drain, and a very laggy match, and with each of us just having an off game, and getting matched with the same really good team twice in a row... I was no longer learning and having fun, I just got frustrated.

It's close to great, but needs some kind of tweak to make it a bit more forgiving for average players so we can feel like all of this practice is paying off. I'm still getting about as far on my card as I was the first couple of weeks despite getting much better at PvP.

Edit: what the shit, top again? This thread moves too fast.

Admodieus

After a few weeks "off", I can play again this week!

Please quote/snip to confirm availability and relate your preferred activities.

Anyway to get on one of these trains for VoG Hard Mode if somebody else drops? Just started this on PS4 last week, have Gjally and Hawkmoon so far but no Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, or VoC. PSN name is Admodieus

GhaleonEB

Thanks for help with the NF, folks. Got my 3rd etheric light. Used it to bump up Her Benevolence so I have a 365 sniper rifle on my Hunter. I'll prioritize future drops to get my other characters to 34.

The HoW gear Variks sells really is awful, isn't it? I have two weapon cores and I keep waiting to see if something worth getting comes up. So far no dice.

PuMa

Last night we had a competent group, and had a good shot at going silver or gold. But... With three of us having different cards due to never playing with each other and not wanting to throw passage coins down the drain, and a very laggy match, and with each of us just having an off game, and getting matched with the same really good team twice in a row... I was no longer learning and having fun, I just got frustrated.

ALWAYS re-matchmake. Unless you played a scrub team, I guess. It seems to connect you to the same team more often than not, which is a real pain, especially when it's one of the try hards.

LTWood12

Don't get me wrong LT... that's exactly why I'm on the fence. All of those things are great, but it seems like everything conspires against me most of the time and I think that there has to be a better way.

It's close to great, but needs some kind of tweak to make it a bit more forgiving for average players so we can feel like all of this practice is paying off. I'm still getting about as far on my card as I was the first couple of weeks despite getting much better at PvP.

Edit: what the shit, top again? Thus thread moves too fast.

I hear ya man. Honestly I will pretty much always jump at the chance to say 'I don't want no scrubs...'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9U6JsBHpJg

hydruxo

Brother Vance's wares for the upcoming weekend

CIM3WZpWcAEYcko.png

Gordon

Oh yeah, was talking about the armor piece. Didn't see the weapon core mention.
Oh yeah chestpiece is decent this week. Gloves last week weren't bad either. Weapons have been weak though. I think fixed rolls was a mistake. If that shotgun had shot package and some sort of range buff it wouldn't be that bad at all.

th3dude

What is the bare minimum that you need to accomplish to get access to all of the strikes/raids/PoE/etc?

I don't want to go through any more of the story/quests than I have to.

Gordon

What is the bare minimum that you need to accomplish to get access to all of the strikes/raids/PoE/etc?

I don't want to go through any more of the story/quests than I have to.
You can get carried into raids/strikes without story completion iirc but you won't be able to use your checkpoints. For PoE access you need story completion up to the strike afaik.

Mindlog

Got my 2nd gjallarhorn in 2 weeks, after being ghornless since day 1. RNGesus works in misterious ways.
Yeah my 3rd and 4th have fallen in tight windows.

Nightfalls were amusing.
Died immediately when trying to skip past the first encounter on my sparrow as always.
Died once with one Gjallarhorn left to fire.
Watch a teammate die immediately when trying to skip past the first encounter as always.
Heard on party chat; "What's that?" referring to Interceptor rounds.

Buff the Interceptor Bungie. The most poorly designed armored vehicle ever. How are the Cabal a threat?

You can get carried into raids/strikes without story completion iirc but you won't be able to use your checkpoints. For PoE access you need story completion up to the strike afaik.
I don't think you have to do any HoW story for PoE but you do need to do 28 PoE before you can do 32, 34 or 35.

EL CUCO

Thanks for help with the NF, folks. Got my 3rd etheric light. Used it to bump up Her Benevolence so I have a 365 sniper rifle on my Hunter. I'll prioritize future drops to get my other characters to 34.

The HoW gear Variks sells really is awful, isn't it? I have two weapon cores and I keep waiting to see if something worth getting comes up. So far no dice.
Variks is selling full intellect chest piece for Hunter and Titans this week. Well worth an armor core, if you're looking to get out of all that strength previously offered.

Gordon

I don't think you have to do any HoW story for PoE but you do need to do 28 PoE before you can do 32, 34 or 35.
Oh not HoW story, just the queen's story missions. Edit: I didn't actually check if I could get carried into a 28 PoE without quests but it wouldn't let me start a 32 without doing presumably the 28 first.

GhaleonEB

It's actually really good this week. For once.

Edit: Yeah the armor, not the weapon.

Variks is selling full intellect chest piece for Hunter and Titans this week. Well worth an armor core, if you're looking to get out of all that strength previously offered.

Good to know, I hadn't looked at the armor yet; I don't have an armor core handy, but I'll try to earn one this week for the chest piece.

Seeing a perk slot devoted to bonus damage on dregs is bewildering. 0_o

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are the modifiers for Skolas this week?
What's he have for Warlocks?

X-Frame

Trials gear this week -

The chest piece from ToO was perfect last week and the boots are perfect this week. More Hand Cannon ammo plus Heavy! Next week needs to be full Intellect gloves.

I never got the ToO gloves, can they possibly drop with a Hand Cannon reloader? Or is it just Special or Heavy reloader?

EL CUCO

Good to know, I hadn't looked at the armor yet; I don't have an armor core handy, but I'll try to earn one this week for the chest piece.

Seeing a perk slot devoted to bonus damage on dregs is bewildering. 0_o
yeah those perks are pretty useless all around. If only there was bonus damage to Servitor ;_; they got nothing on Hive disruptor.
159 Discipline w/ Fallen perk. Definitely worth picking up.
Yup. Thanks, LT

Stantron

Anybody get their queen rank to 5 yet? I wonder what the reward is, and if it has anything to do with those three guards standing in the reef in front of a door (between the cryptarch and Brother Vance).

Guys i know how to mack all exotic auto rifles and Bad juju great.

Give them Wolfpack rounds.

I mean can you imagine a Bad juju with auto reolad on kills and wolfpack rounds?

I need it.

zewone

Oh good, I want that RL. Seems good for PVP

It is,

This is the best alternative to praying for a Ash Factory drop and then spending your life savings of motes, glimmer, and weapon parts to get a perfect roll for a small boost in blast radius.

Tomorrow's Answer has all the perks you'd want in a PVP launcher (Tripod, G&H, Warhead Verniers, Javelin).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom