• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that I have a Titan, I need a bunch of armor.

What are the must have Titan exotic armor pieces?

Don't listen to anybody else. Listen to me.

1) Saint 14. Because it's useful as fuck.

2) No Backup plans. Because it's fun to PUNCH ALL THE THINGS and make orbs while doing it.

3) Ruin Wings. They look awesome and using Horn as your primary weapon can never hurt.

4) Armamentarium. At some point when you level up your striker subclass, this is the only exotic you will ever need.

Today is a bad day. My work's WiFi now blocks Pandora and Spotify. People who make bad decisions can all retire. How else can I listen to music now.

PuMa

I feel like the people who hate on Ruin Wings haven't really used them that much. I use them all the time, and I don't notice as much fluctuation in the purple drops as some claim. I get plenty, and even my fireteam members get more heavy drops.

Yeah until Ruin Wings dries up and you're just a buff looking dude with special weapon loader complaining about how much ammo he couldn't carry out of the previous zone

Saint-14 turns 90% of encounters into a joke - it is the Gjallarhorn of armour. Seriously jump up on Omnigul's stage, pop the bubble on her and sit there and shotgun her to death at your leisure while she massages her temples and sends adds to feed you ammo and get your super back up before your bubble pops.
Ruin wings is the Gjallahorn of armor because it's the armor that gives you unlimited Gjallahorn!

And yes, they are flaky sometimes.

I always say pick an exotic that is useful more often than not, and not only when your super is active.

vctor182

Man, I got this almost perfect Dreamwaker from a PoE chest:

MKj4k0H.jpg

Hard launch
Tripod
Javelin
Tracking

Tracking is still good right? I also have The Fear:

Z1bMJFg.jpg

Warhead Verniers
Tripod
Heavy Payload
G&H

But has a little less Blast Radius. Does G&H make or break a RL in PvP?

I haven't used Ruin Wings in months. I usually get enough heavy ammo, and if I don't I pop a synth. I can't think of many situations where I'd feel like I needed them. Maybe Skolas now that burning him in 30 seconds isn't possible.

MKj4k0H.jpg

Hard launch
Tripod
Javelin
Tracking

Z1bMJFg.jpg

Warhead Verniers
Tripod
Heavy Payload
G&H

Tracking is pretty shit in PvP unless it's a large map. You want G&H so that you can just fire near them and still get a kill.

Frenden

Banned
Was just discussing this topic while doing the nightfall. At first, awesome guys carrying us scrubs felt like the right thing to do. Now I'm really torn. I think that I may be an advocate for locking out people that have already made it to mercury.

On one hand, I would hate to be locked out from playing with friends that are in that elite category. On the other hand, we've had plenty of time to git gud, and it would be nice to run trials without facing top 1%'ers carrying their friends.

I really don't know what the answer is, but something needs to give if this is to last the whole summer.

Edit: Top of Page! #bungielistens please make ToO just a bit more accessible.

Matchmake people who made it to Mercury against others who have as well. Let those who haven't matchmake against others who haven't.

MKj4k0H.jpg

Hard launch
Tripod
Javelin
Tracking

Z1bMJFg.jpg

Warhead Verniers
Tripod
Heavy Payload
G&H

Keep both. They look ace.

Frenden

Banned
Finally got Word of Crota. On paper it looks kind of underwhelming. Send It with Sureshot sights is nice to see, though.

That leaves Black Hammer and Hunger.

noomi

You already used the armor core for this week? I'll be on tonight to run some raids. We can get a group to get you gear.

Yup, got the chest piece from the PoE vendor. Let me know about later tonight, I might be on later :)

Don't listen to anybody else. Listen to me.

1) Saint 14. Because it's useful as fuck.

2) No Backup plans. Because it's fun to PUNCH ALL THE THINGS and make orbs while doing it.

3) Ruin Wings. They look awesome and using Horn as your primary weapon can never hurt.

4) Armamentarium. At some point when you level up your striker subclass, this is the only exotic you will ever need.

What's makes armementarium so good? The extra grenade? Why would that be good for striker vs defender?

Deku Tree

This emote-troversy is out of control.

Wow lol

Bungie PR better get off their ass

The whole first page of Destiny Reddit is basically covered with topics talking about boycott Bungie day and "offer us Lukes head on a platter" topics and omg wow... Deej should just post the weekly update today... or at least say something making some detailed promise to make things right today

zewone

MKj4k0H.jpg

Hard launch
Tripod
Javelin
Tracking

Z1bMJFg.jpg

Warhead Verniers
Tripod
Heavy Payload
G&H

Your Fear looks decent, but I wouldn't use the other.

If you're not using G&H in PVP, you may as well be using a machine gun. Either one of those is going to get killed by a G&H user.

Frostburn

Wow lol

Bungie PR better get off their ass

I think the whole situation has gotten a bit nuts. I wonder how much of the blame lies with Bungie or if it is more Activisions plan. Game Devs are not always great PR reps. They had to have known year one players would want the 3 exotic class items, 3 shaders and 3 emotes. Maybe they'll change up the plans or offer them as a package or something separately. Until then however I'll just repost what I wrote in the Reddit Megathread:

As much as I want those extra class items, emotes and shaders, I want to send a message even more. I do not think it is right to withhold those items from those of us that have been playing from the start without making us re-buy all the content we already have. Maybe if there was an easy way to gift the digital content we already have to someone I could forgive it but as it stands, unless they offer to sell that content at a good price separately I will not spend $80 on the Collectors Edition. For me I'll deal without the extras and spend half the price $40 for the expansion.

I'm not happy with the way Activision is handling the price points for this and the only way I can effectively tell them that is by not giving them my money for content I already have/not pay $40 extra for some digital items.

RemiLP

I always say pick an exotic that is useful more often than not, and not only when your super is active.

More often then not, the game is easy and u dont need any special exotic perk.

But for those few moments when ur in a horrible place, the Saint is a life saver.

Yup, got the chest piece from the PoE vendor. Let me know about later tonight, I might be on later :)

What's makes armementarium so good? The extra grenade? Why would that be good for striker vs defender?

Lightining grenades are the most OP thing in destiny. Even more than Thorn.
Ok, maybe not as much as Thorn.

Anyway, throw them at a all and whatch you get all the kills.

Defender grenandes suck.

Wow what a nice drop.
11537896_412659218940837_358458348396349419_o.jpg

Short gaze
Whirlwind
Unflinching
Hand-laid stock

Now to re-roll until you get Hidden Hand. lol

Apt101

The best PvP I ever mustered. 29 kills, 4 deaths. The guy with zero kills and 20+ deaths get sweet main weapon, and the guy slightly ahead of him gets two legendary engrams. I got two blues. No justice in the world.

LTWood12

Just did two nightfalls on Vita from the office. Worked flawlessly.

If you don't count the fact that I got ATS/8 Arachnid for BOTH. FUCK ME.

Gordon

Ruin wings is the Gjallahorn of armor because it's the armor that gives you unlimited Gjallahorn!

And yes, they are flaky sometimes.

I generally have my super up again before my bubble pops man. Everybody wants to come join the party in my little blue dome-house, and a pair of gauntlets that turns melees into super energy makes it just dirty.

Double flashbangs are pretty solid all around. It's a dis roll too so you'll be puking nades like crazy. Defender nades are just underwhelming. Magnetics are ok. Could use a bit more tracking and throw distance though. Inferior to fusion grenades. Striker has lightning grenades too which are amazing for area denial. Defender just has the big cone of light that I can't even recall the name of for area denial. It's just visual though.

I'dd add Crest of alpha lupi to that list too, for faster revives in ToO

PvP:
Armamentarium - 2x lightning grenades are great to have
Crest of Alpha Lupi - Faster revives for ToO

PvE:
Helm of St-14 - Blinding bubbles
Ruin Wings - Heavy ammo everywhere

M3Rocket

I haven't used Ruin Wings in months. I usually get enough heavy ammo, and if I don't I pop a synth. I can't think of many situations where I'd feel like I needed them. Maybe Skolas now that burning him in 30 seconds isn't possible.

Or simply use the heavy ammo trick on Skolas. Purple everywhere for the entire team and for killing adds and Skolas.

Arma + Lightning Grenade + PVP = Win
That I can agree with. Been playing Iron Banner as a defender for a while and when I switched to striker with Arma and lightning grenade it was disgusting how many kills I got. Less useful in PvP where you can't control where people are going or standing, but in Control they'll just stand in the grenade radius until you kill them, and then their buddy will come stand in it and die too.

Gordon

That I can agree with. Been playing Iron Banner as a defender for a while and when I switched to striker with Arma and lightning grenade it was disgusting how many kills I got. Less useful in PvP where you can't control where people are going or standing, but in Control they'll just stand in the grenade radius until you kill them, and then their buddy will come stand in it and die too.
Can confirm, as retarded as it is, that literally happens. Blows my mind every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom