• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Damn. Luke made it to business insider? What a pr disaster.

I feel bad for him. Some of his answers were not great, and he was not the right person to be talking about that subject (that's Deej territory). But even the guy that gave the Eurogamer interview has noted it's gotten out of hand:

7BBa8r0.png

Deej has his hands full with the BWU this week.

At the same time - this is a wholly self-inflicted wound. The absurd digital CE pricing, the needless exclusive digital bits that are different from the bits given to year 1 players. None of it was a good idea and I still can't figure out how they didn't anticipate significant blowback regardless of the messaging.

Trakan

I just watched the Rooster Teeth E3 vid with Luke Smith, and he said he skipped straight to the Taken King after completing Vault of Glass, so the the good raid team didn't even do Crota's End.

Also, the Stand Asides are great to have just for fun. Got 23 kills in an Iron Banner match on Twilight Gap without firing a single shot, but I tried it again later that day and got wrecked. They don't have a real use other than an occasional LOL though.

Shito

There wasn't anything wrong with what he said. People are reading too deeply into his brand of humor and applying their own already-biased outlook.
Seeing how all of this escalated from this interview, I would say there was something wrong with the way he answered. ^^
PR is not a field where you can blame your audience for not understanding your tone.

Then again, it's not his job. He should have refused to reply to those loaded questions...

Deku Tree

I am really liking my Void Scholar.

13 in the mag feels low. But it is a high impact pulse rifle and with Outlaw and Reactive Reload I don't really notice it.

I'll pay my $40 bucks and enjoy whatever comes with that. Emotes, shaders and class items are not critical spending decisions for me, but I know not everyone shares my pov. I guess there's validity for those who feel they're being played by Bungie, but I'd like to think they are listening to the player's concerns, so hopefully they'll come up with something that will resolve this.

vctor182

Thanks,I'm going to use an Etheric on Fear then. Dreamwaker will be used for PVE stuff.

BTW I might get a PS4 with the $150 PS3 trade-in that's going on right now in Gamestop. Will be fun to play to play with/against you guys!

After a few weeks "off", I can play again this week!

Please quote/snip to confirm availability and relate your preferred activities.

Does anyone have, or can anyone get, CPs?

Alts
a) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
(none yet)

thanks for coordinating, once again :)
I don't know what my availability will be tonight, so i think i may have to excuse myself.

Deku Tree

After a few weeks "off", I can play again this week!

Please quote/snip to confirm availability and relate your preferred activities.

Does anyone have, or can anyone get, CPs?

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - prefer to raid (NM/HM Gorgons, HM Atheon, NM DS/Crota, HM DS/Crota would be ideal; I really just want exotic rolls), but I guess I'd be up for some NF/PoE32/34
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ??
3) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
3) LkPr (PSN LkPr) ??
4) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??

Alts
a) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
(none yet)

Oh yeah thanks for coordinating all of this... I also don't know what I'm going to be doing or at what time. I'm just going to jump on when I can and look for people.

M3Rocket

There wasn't anything wrong with what he said. People are reading too deeply into his brand of humor and applying their own already-biased outlook.

I feel bad for him. Some of his answers were not great, and he was not the right person to be talking about that subject (that's Deej territory). But even the guy that gave the Eurogamer interview has noted it's gotten out of hand:

7BBa8r0.png

Deej has his hands full with the BWU this week.

At the same time - this is a wholly self-inflicted wound. The absurd digital CE pricing, the needless exclusive digital bits that are different from the bits given to year 1 players. None of it was a good idea and I still can't figure out how they didn't anticipate significant blowback regardless of the messaging.

Lots of people are just too quick to want to get insulted and self-righteous rage. It's all over that Reddit thread. And spread everywhere.

The PR cycle on TTK was just beginning at E3. Bungie themselves said many times that there is more to come. They weren't even talking about what was in the new raid, etc. But before all of this played out, they got blindsided. Maybe they chose the wrong timing to "reveal" all that is coming. Maybe the wrong spokesperson said the wrong thing the wrong way.

Give them a break--they are all human. And they have shown that they do listen. There was no reason for the level of vitriol. It's typical over-reaction to an otherwise typical Bungie non-event because of improper semantics and context. Don't we all know Bungie enough by now to understand that?

someday

Banned
As much as I want those extra class items, emotes and shaders, I want to send a message even more. I do not think it is right to withhold those items from those of us that have been playing from the start without making us re-buy all the content we already have. Maybe if there was an easy way to gift the digital content we already have to someone I could forgive it but as it stands, unless they offer to sell that content at a good price separately I will not spend $80 on the Collectors Edition. For me I'll deal without the extras and spend half the price $40 for the expansion.

I have to admit, I'm really bummed about not having the new dance moves. I don't know why. I'm fine with losing out on shaders and sparrows, but the dance moves is too far. Hell, I'm ok paying $40 for TTK, it's what I expected it to cost, but specifically only including the dance moves in the collectors edition was a shrewd, calculated move that doesn't speak highly to Bungie's thoughts on us. I'd pay cash money for the emotes but not $40.

Lots of people are just too quick to want to get insulted and self-righteous rage. It's all over that Reddit thread. And spread everywhere.

The PR cycle on TTK was just beginning at E3. Bungie themselves said many times that there is more to come. They weren't even talking about what was in the new raid, etc. But before all of this played out, they got blindsided. Maybe they chose the wrong timing to "reveal" all that is coming. Maybe the wrong spokesperson said the wrong thing the wrong way.

Give them a break--they are all human. And they have shown that they do listen. There was no reason for the level of vitriol. It's typical over-reaction to an otherwise typical Bungie non-event because of improper semantics and context. Don't we all know Bungie enough by now to understand that?

September is so far away... Plenty of time to get the whole picture. We're a week out of e3 and the most vocal
minority
of gamers ever are losing their minds without letting Bungie run-through their whole marketing blitz.... The next step which is in their weekly update.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The whole first page of Destiny Reddit is basically covered with topics talking about boycott Bungie day and "offer us Lukes head on a platter" topics and omg wow... Deej should just post the weekly update today... or at least say something making some detailed promise to make things right today
Why should either of these things happen today? Why is it important that action is taken today rather than Thursday?

Why should either of these things happen today? Why is it important that action is taken today rather than Thursday?

They could say something in the next five minutes and it still won't please everyone. Thursday is the best time, as their weekly update is a major platform and will have a very wide audience made up of people who are waiting for answers and people who are oblivious to this whole dog and pony show of outrage.

Axoman

The whole first page of Destiny Reddit is basically covered with topics talking about boycott Bungie day and "offer us Lukes head on a platter" topics and omg wow... Deej should just post the weekly update today... or at least say something making some detailed promise to make things right today

Sounds like a lot of people want to wear Luke's ass like a hat.

I'm a day 1 player and still play nearly every day, but I'm not sure I'll get The Taken King at all. I'm ok with the $40 for it, but I'm getting sick of the grind to reach max level every 3 months. I wish they'd just release content packs that just have new strikes/missions/raids/weapons, but no level increases. I want to enjoy being max level and max weapons for than a month or two at a time.

1 nightfall down 2 to go. Ghjallerhorn melts the tank and Valus. It's so nice.

365 black hammer took that tank down in under 30 seconds. I swear the longest part of the strike was the beginning getting through that first room. Only becuase I like killing the baddies in that room for some reason. Fastest NF in recent memory

M3Rocket

I am really liking my Void Scholar.

13 in the mag feels low. But it is a high impact pulse rifle and with Outlaw and Reactive Reload I don't really notice it.

Scholar is almost identical to the Badger CCL from TDB. If you look at the stats, you'd have to believe it's nothing more than a reskinned CCL with an elemental damage if you have the Adept version.

Badger CCL was/is a nice Scout Rifle (one of my favorites), so I'm really looking forward to replacing WoC with a Void Scholar. But I haven't been lucky enough yet.

Badger CCL: 61 Impact, 27 RoF, 14 Mag, 40 Stability, 77 Range, 57 Reload, 39 AA
Scholar: 61 Impact, 27 RoF, 13 Mag, 40 Stability, 77 Range, 58 Reload, 40 AA

your right, no matter what is said, it would just add fuel to fire. This is internet rage. It will cool down by Thursday.

Then again the gaming side thread hasnt slowed down much over the last day.

LTWood12

To settle many of us down would require them to fix their broken ass currency exchange system. Not even EA is tries to swindle us like this, and when you make EA look good you know you dun fucked up.

There isn't a single microtransaction in the game. The currency exchange isn't for ACTUAL currency. Jesus Christ.

PuMa

Scholar is almost identical to the Badger CCL from TDB. If you look at the stats, you'd have to believe it's nothing more than a reskinned CCL with an elemental damage if you have the Adept version.

Badger CCL was/is a nice Scout Rifle (one of my favorites), so I'm really looking forward to replacing WoC with a Void Scholar. But I haven't been lucky enough yet.

Badger CCL: 61 Impact, 27 RoF, 14 Mag, 40 Stability, 77 Range, 57 Reload, 39 AA
Scholar: 61 Impact, 27 RoF, 13 Mag, 40 Stability, 77 Range, 58 Reload, 40 AA

Both very similar to Gheleon's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom