• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do other games price things in this way? Is TAX included in the UK price?

Tax is included, yes. I have to pay £13 tax out of the £79.99 for the physical edition according to GAME, which still comes out to $105 minus tax.

The UK PSN store prices are always ridiculous; anyone who buys anything that isn't on sale or a PSN game has more money than sense imo. MGS V and Batman are currently £40 on Amazon, but £55 digitally.

Anyone know how to unlock this grimoire specifically?
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Grimoire_Cards/House_of_Wolves

It is unlocked automatically during your first (maybe second) visit to the queen during the story.

However, the card was bugged for a long time until roughly mid February.

This meant that all characters that passed those sequences already missed their chance at the card.

Your options to obtain it are as follows:

1) Roll a new character and play through the first 10 missions to unlock it.

2) Find someone else with a lower leveled character that you can join the fireteam of as they load into this mission/cutscene.

EL CUCO

I just watched the Rooster Teeth E3 vid with Luke Smith, and he said he skipped straight to the Taken King after completing Vault of Glass, so the the good raid team didn't even do Crota's End.
Definitely felt that way too. I think we've all speculated this for a while

LTWood12

When I was in London in 2005, it was over $1.90 for 1 BP. I remember paying something like $25 for a Burger & Fries and being so PO'd.

M3Rocket

To settle many of us down would require them to fix their broken ass currency exchange system. Not even EA tries to swindle us like this, and when you make EA look good you know you dun fucked up.

I get that you're upset with the value proposition of Destiny, but I fail to see how using words like "swindle" will help your cause.

swin·dle
ˈswindl/
verb
verb: swindle; 3rd person present: swindles; past tense: swindled; past participle: swindled; gerund or present participle: swindling

1. use deception to deprive (someone) of money or possessions.
"a businessman swindled investors out of millions of dollars"
obtain (money) fraudulently.
"he was said to have swindled $62.5 million from the pension fund"
synonyms: defraud, cheat, trick, dupe, deceive, fool, hoax, hoodwink, bamboozle; More informalfleece, con, bilk, sting, hose, diddle, rip off, take for a ride, pull a fast one on, put one over on, take to the cleaners, gull, stiff, euchre, hornswoggle;
literarycozen
"I was swindled out of money"

noun
noun: swindle; plural noun: swindles

1. a fraudulent scheme or action.
"he is mixed up in a $10 million insurance swindle"
synonyms: fraud, trick, deception, deceit, cheat, sham, artifice, ruse, dodge, racket, wile; More

How is EA or Bungie "swindling" anybody?

I work for a US company that has an office in the UK. I can tell you that pricing is not such a simple conversion as you make it out to be. Our cost of doing business is higher in the UK. And many other factors affect pricing.

Lobby for lower pricing, sure. Unfounded accusations of "swindle" detract from the real issue at hand: The Value Proposition of Destiny specifically to you. What would you pay for what features?

SpecX

Damn I'm excited to get home today and do the NF. Keep seeing these horns and moons drop for others, so I'm ready to be disappointed yet another week:(

Kyoufu

Damn I'm excited to get home today and do the NF. Keep seeing these horns and moons drop for others, so I'm ready to be disappointed yet another week:(

I just got a heavy weapon engram from a Nightfall which turned into my 2nd Gjallarhorn.

This is the week guys. I believe in you all!

eKkgOkC.jpg

Can we stop riding Bungie's clams about this? It's an issue that goes far beyond just one developer/publisher. Folks across the pond have been getting shafted for a while now.

When I was in London in 2005, it was over $1.90 for 1 BP. I remember paying something like $25 for a Burger & Fries and being so PO'd.

That's pretty awful, but London is expensive anyway.
I just watched the Rooster Teeth E3 vid with Luke Smith, and he said he skipped straight to the Taken King after completing Vault of Glass, so the the good raid team didn't even do Crota's End.

Oh, do you have a link? Was looking for it the other day, but none of their E3 videos were archived.

stb

I think I'll have to call this the "Cancelling Christmas" edition.

Also, I love you too. Missed you the last couple of Tuesdays. Going on a date w/ the Mrs tonight so I won't be around for the reset fun runs.

Aww, shucks.

Thanks for confirming you can't come out to play tonight, though. Date night is a better reason than dumb ol' Batman. *ahem*

I'll be online but I'm going to be playing Arkham Knight most of the night. I may be up for a couple NFs later if I get done but it may be tomorrow or Thursday before I play Destiny again.

I hate to miss our Tues night get together but I'll be back next week for sure. Felt a little burnout this weekend and Arkham Night will be a nice break for a couple days.

Welcome back Berried.

Batman. I might be around a little bit but, seriously, Batman.

I expect this of schwagger, but et tu, Dave? =)

I'm in and I'd like to run a few 32 PoE for the armor cores if anyone else is down for that. Probably gonna do a few nightfalls, but I'll probably do those before we group up.

OK, I'll put you down for that.

As much as I enjoy raiding, I'm still on a quest for armour cores/etheric light. Don't get me wrong, I love my 400+ STR Titan, 'lock and hunter, but I like to have options :/
I'm in for NF's and PoE 32/34

Noted.

Anyway to get on one of these trains for VoG Hard Mode if somebody else drops? Just started this on PS4 last week, have Gjally and Hawkmoon so far but no Fatebringer, Ice Breaker, or VoC. PSN name is Admodieus

I'll list you as available and seeing VoG. It's not looking good for tonight though; most of the regulars are bowing out this week. You might be further ahead to start your own group post specifically to do HM VoG.

Unfortunately it's my turn to have family in town and won't be able to play much tonight. I might be on briefly to try and squeeze a NF or PoE in.

Understood.

thanks for coordinating, once again :)
I don't know what my availability will be tonight, so i think i may have to excuse myself.

Oh yeah thanks for coordinating all of this... I also don't know what I'm going to be doing or at what time. I'm just going to jump on when I can and look for people.

You guys are killin' me!

I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the plug this week. If anyone else responds, I'll update the post, but at this point it looks like people's best bet is internal/GAF PUGs tonight.

Daemul

The problem with the UK pricing is that other pubs would have charged us £30 for the expansion, which includes the 20% VAT, it's still expensive, but acceptable. The problem is Acti have added an extra £10 out of nowhere on top of that, bringing the price of the expansion up to £40, which is the price brand new games tend to go for.

So now what would have been a no brainer buy before hand, suddenly becomes a major purchasing decision, because now the expansion is competing with upcoming games like MGS V, and is TTK going to offer the same value proposition as that game? I very much doubt it.

Deku Tree

eKkgOkC.jpg

Can we stop riding Bungie's clams about this? It's an issue that goes far beyond just one developer/publisher. Folks across the pond have been getting shafted for a while now.

This UK prices include 20% tax right? And the U.S. Prices do not include tax. Looks like Bungie UK prices are much higher than other games. Is this an Activision thing? Do they price CoD the same way in the UK?

LTWood12

I think I'll have to call this the "Cancelling Christmas" edition.

Aww, shucks.

Thanks for confirming you can't come out to play tonight, though. Date night is a better reason than dumb ol' Batman. *ahem*

Goals for life:

1. Be a good husband & father.
2. Seize the day and live life to the fullest.
3. Get to Mercury w/ stb.

This UK prices include 20% tax right? And the U.S. Prices do not include tax. Looks like Bungie UK prices are much higher than other games. Is this an Activision thing? Do they price CoD the same way in the UK?

Depends on the state you live in and/or where you bought it from, as far as US taxes go. Differs.

Deku Tree

Can't outside the USA people create a U.S. PSN account and buy everything digitally from the U.S. PSN store with PSN cards? I guess if your already playing though you can't abandon your current non USA account.

Kyoufu

Can't outside the USA people create a U.S. PSN account and buy everything digitally from the U.S. PSN store with PSN cards?

Yes. That's what I've done for years, but I imagine the general public do not know you can do this or they may just want all their games from one account that they've used since the beginning. The prices are wrong and need changing either way.

That list is so confusing. So there isn't a standard price for new games in the UK? RIP

Not really. Games tend to go for between £40-50 physically. Or between £50-60 digitally. Some games, usually those that aren't major releases, are much cheaper though. I got the LE of Murdered: Soul Suspect for £30 on release.

I mean, just look at this. Prices all over the place.

stb

Goals for life:

1. Be a good husband & father.
2. Seize the day and live life to the fullest.
3. Get to Mercury w/ stb.

Honestly, this should be everyone's list. I mean, I, personally, might encourage folks to reorder slightly, but different strokes...

Can't outside the USA people create a U.S. PSN account and buy everything digitally from the U.S. PSN store with PSN cards? I guess if your already playing though you can't abandon your current non USA account.

We could but it's a hassle to go through, plus my digital version of Destiny is on my Uk account so again i'd need to give them even more money to start over and lose all progress. Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Destiny pricing as far as i'm concerened is an outlier and they are gouging us in comparison to other pubs/devs.

If this expansion was £20-30 then it would be a no brainer.

But asking us to pay £40 which is what the previous 2 expansions cost, and what many full games cost is ridiculous, and they deserve all the flak and shit they get thrown at them if it ends up making pubs/devs reconsider before they set their prices.

As an example, i can buy the physical copy of Fallout 4 for £42. Or i can buy a Destiny expansion for £40....

Regardless, it was a bad idea to tell people the price of your product, before telling us exactly what we recieve.

Daemul

This is what I was talking above above, TTK being priced the same as a brand new game, when it clearly won't have the value to back that up. Oh, and to touch on the slightly different pricing seen here for unreleased games....

That list is so confusing. So there isn't a standard price for new games in the UK? RIP

The RRP for games in the UK is £55, but no one sells games for that price except for crazies like GAME who seem hellbent on going bankrupt again. Game prices on online retailers like Amazon reduce the closer the release for a game comes, so most games go for £40 or just under by it's release. Battlefront for example will be able to be found for £40 when it releases in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom