• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Not really. Games tend to go for between £40-50 physically. Or between £50-60 digitally. Some games, usually those that aren't major releases, are much cheaper though. I got the LE of Murdered: Soul Suspect for £30 on release.

I mean, just look at this. Prices all over the place.

Yeah, this is the problem with the UK, unreleased game prices are all over the place online, but they do tend settle around the same price point by the time they come out. It's just obligatory for us Brits to cause a massive mess for ourselves first though lol

Kyne

Drive Club+ was apparently not supposed to go up? Sony store is down.

everyday math caught in the crossfire.

Rip nottoday math.

Seriously? Damn.

Yep. The game is awesome but everything surrounding this PS+ edition has become a joke at this point lol

aemTpcX.png

Edit: Same face he made when Uncharted Collection PS4 leaked.

I am currently downloading drive club PS+... is it going to run for me?

No idea Deku. It has been removed from the store. That's all we know so far.

1. So I dowloaded the first app. Destiny is still okay.
  2. PSN is still downloading the two update files (15.740gbs) and (10.613gbs). Is this where you had to redownload the Destiny updates?
I bought the driveclub trial and put the ps4 on rest mode.
Went to get something to eat.
Reopened PS4 like 20mins later and saw this update.

I bought the driveclub trial and put the ps4 on rest mode.
Went to get something to eat.
Reopened PS4 like 20mins later and saw this update.

How's your HD space?

Maybe the PS4 screwed your destiny patches files to make room for DC files? I don't understand this stuff but it's just too coincidental.

Stantron

It is unlocked automatically during your first (maybe second) visit to the queen during the story.

However, the card was bugged for a long time until roughly mid February.

This meant that all characters that passed those sequences already missed their chance at the card.

Your options to obtain it are as follows:

1) Roll a new character and play through the first 10 missions to unlock it.

2) Find someone else with a lower leveled character that you can join the fireteam of as they load into this mission/cutscene.
Sonova! Well that sucks. Thanks for the info. Definitely not doing the first option. Maybe I can find someone willing to do the other parts when I have free time. On the other hand, Bungie seems to fix these sorts of things.... eventually.

-------------
Destiny|OT 25| Time To Kill The Taken King

Dave_6

I expect this of schwagger, but et tu, Dave? =)

Sorry man :( Been looking forward to AK for quite a while now. If it wasn't for a friend wanting to watch me play through part of it, I'd put it off till later tonight and play some Destiny instead. I'm in for next week 100% if you want to go ahead and put me down!

Man, I wonder how many people are gonna take advantage of the Deal of the Week on PSN only to realise they have to spend another £40 to get TTK, when they would have only had to spend an extra £10 if they'd waited.

I guess those VIP rewards Deej is promising might make it worth it.

If the new OT has any other name that is not this one, I'm not posting.

Eh, I'd be prepared not to post then. It's been kept to a theme not to name the OT something overtly negative. Not that people's concerns aren't warranted - and by all means we, as the hardcore fans, should be discussing it all - but we don't really want to foster the pitchforking in here. Keep that over in the Gaming thread.

Sonova! Well that sucks. Thanks for the info. Definitely not doing the first option. Maybe I can find someone willing to do the other parts when I have free time. On the other hand, Bungie seems to fix these sorts of things.... eventually.

-------------
Destiny|OT 25| Time To Kill The Taken King

You should be able to get it by doing the Ishar Collective mission after the cutscene. I think they "fixed" that bug a while ago.

LTWood12

So that shotgun that Variks has this week sure looks like a stinker:

Perks:

Close And/Or Personal (great name for a perk I will say)
short period of 25% bonus melee damage after landing a hit with this weapon LOL are they serious. A whole 25% buff to my Melee damage?! And for a whole 3 seconds?! Next you'll be telling me it adds a zoom to my Golden Gun!

Dreg Burn:
Ever think to yourself "Damn I sure wish these Dregs went down in one shot with a shotgun:' No, I haven't thought that, because guess how many shots w/ a shotgun it takes to kill a Dreg?

I have Weapon Cores out my ass, but even for collection purposes, I'm not sure I'm willing to hand one over for this POS.

Kirk Hamilton, who has been playing since vanilla, has a really good article up about all this outrage and makes the point that this outrage is way bigger than just emotes.

This week, Destiny fans are upset. That anger isn’t about any one thing; it’s about a hundred things. It’s about a dozen smiling Bungie Weekly Updates that joked about legitimate player grievances. It’s about a hundred small design decisions that wasted our time, or robbed us of rewards, or left us feeling like we’d spent an evening in the fruitless pursuit of nothing at all. It’s about the gnawing sense that we’ve spent a year playing the worst version of our favorite game, and that its brighter future may paradoxically make us regret having been there from the start. It’s about how our relationship with this game that we love—and we really do love it!—can so often feel unbalanced and unhealthy.

I’m sure we’ll hear more from Bungie soon. Outcry like this demands a substantive response. Hopefully that response will be satisfactory for players, and will demonstrate the sort of clarity that has so often been lacking in Bungie’s communications up to this point. Destiny developers are also Destiny players, after all. A gap will always exist between the two, but it needn’t be such a chasm.

So many of Destiny's problems have stemmed from Bungie's poor communication. Bungie may always be listening, but they're terrible at talking to us.

It is unlocked automatically during your first (maybe second) visit to the queen during the story.

However, the card was bugged for a long time until roughly mid February.

This meant that all characters that passed those sequences already missed their chance at the card.

Your options to obtain it are as follows:

1) Roll a new character and play through the first 10 missions to unlock it.

2) Find someone else with a lower leveled character that you can join the fireteam of as they load into this mission/cutscene.

Wait, what?

I've been feeling like making a new characters just for funsies lately, but I need more vault space first. :/

Deku Tree

Close And/Or Personal (great name for a perk I will say)
short period of 25% bonus melee damage after landing a hit with this weapon

I have two PoE shotguns and it's not bad. That "Close And/Or Personal" perk in particular is useful if your shotgun blast doesn't finish off your enemy, then you can instantly smash them with a melee and you get 25% bonus damage.

For PvE I use Found Verdict (Arc), Swordbreaker (Void), and Wolfborne Oath (Solar) depending on the Burn. Works great.

Gordon

As far as the whole emote-gate controversy goes, the issue Bungie has had throughout Destiny is poor communication and the coercive use of exclusives. A big portion of the community resented them out of the gate for signing the (arguably) best handcannon in the game away to Sony, and they keep adding salt to that wound with each DLC. Add on the little personal frustrations like breaking down your 27 light gear for space/mats just to find out that if you had shelved the game for a few months instead of grinding pointless gear, you could be running with a 42 light queen's helm, and the net effect is a lot of people are sick of Bungie's indecisiveness. Honestly I almost wish they hadn't bothered releasing on Xbox. It's a shitty feeling buying half of a game for full price, and then being a part of the handicapped minority just because I don't want a PS3/4. It would be one thing if there were xbox exclusives too, but it's straight up just fuck you microsoft, and by extension, anybody who owns an xbox. There are a lot of other factors too, and not just for xbox players, but I think that's one of the symptoms of Bungie's problem.

LiK

Bungie communication has always been bad since day one. Since all the issues with patches, updates, upgrades, glitches etc. Their stupid way of writing their blogs and lack of direct communication about dire issues like certain game breaking bugs that infested the raids and exploits in PVP.

I was never satisfied with their community management.

LTWood12

I have two PoE shotguns and it's not bad. That perk in particular is useful if your shotgun blast doesn't finish off your enemy, then you can instantly smash them with a melee and you get 25% bonus damage.

Deku, my man, my pal, my bro. You're in denial...

Ok, fine, I'll buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom