• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Deku, my man, my pal, my bro. You're in denial...

Ok, fine, I'll buy it.

For PvE I use Found Verdict (Arc), Swordbreaker (Void), and Wolfborne Oath (Solar) depending on the Burn. Works great.

But mine have the Captian Perk, and the all Fallen damage perk. I'm not gonna defend the shank burn perk... it's awful.

phen0m24

I got The Chance to drop two nightfalls in a row with matching perks back in the TDB days. Fun times!

You whippersnappers complaining about multiple
albeit crappy
exotics...

[Bartles&Jaymes]
Back in my day, we got ascendant shards and energies from Nightfalls...
they sucked more
[/Bartles&Jaymes]

Hahahahahah
ADC_zpsz8duygn6.jpg

LTWood12

Destiny |OT 25| Taken It To The Streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxWPEdYCnI

In my best Michael McDonald voice:

You don't know me but I'm your brother
I was raised here in this living hell
You don't know my kind in your world
Fairly soon the time will tell
You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets
Takin' it to the streets

Damn that Kotaku article going in.

It's a really well thought-out and well written article. And for the most part (aside from the international pricing disparity/gouging), captures the tone and essence of what some people are upset about, myself included. I hope Bungie are listening keenly.

You whippersnappers complaining about multiple
albeit crappy
exotics...

[Bartles&Jaymes]
Back in my day, we got ascendant shards and energies from Nightfalls...
they sucked more
[/Bartles&Jaymes]

Hey now, I'm a Day 1er too. We could still get shards and energies as recently as right before HoW dropped!

M3Rocket

Bungie communication has always been bad since day one. Since all the issues with patches, updates, upgrades, glitches etc. Their stupid way of writing their blogs and lack of direct communication about dire issues like certain game breaking bugs that infested the raids and exploits in PVP.

I was never satisfied with their community management.

I think it's pretty much their corporate culture. Unstable made a great point last night that it seems clear back to even the Halo days (before 347), Bungie's PR has always been we'll tell you what we think is best, and trickle it out on our timeline. Take what we created and play it the way we intended. We'll patch cheese first, real encounter bugs later. We didn't like you using the pool room in Crota normal, so we put a GK there in hard. And so on.

How much is Activision involved with this part of it is anyone's guess. But to release the game in it's then current state back 9 months ago was solely Bungie's decision. Something to do with their Activitision contract and control of the IP in combination with delivery/release dates.

I'm no expert in community management. But it does seem like Destiny and Bungie has been successful despite their oft "mishandling" of PR. Which points to some things they must be getting right. Whether Destiny will survive another nine years being handled this way is well, anybody's guess.

OT25 Oryx Takes his £ of fle$h

Gold.

I think it's pretty much their corporate culture. Unstable made a great point last night that it seems clear back to even the Halo days (before 347), Bungie's PR has always been we'll tell you what we think is best, and trickle it out on our timeline. Take what we created and play it the way we intended. We'll patch cheese first, real encounter bugs later. We didn't like you using the pool room in Crota normal, so we put a GK there in hard. And so on.

How much is Activision involved with this part of it is anyone's guess. But to release the game in it's then current state back 9 months ago was solely Bungie's decision. Something to do with their Activitision contract and control of the IP in combination with delivery/release dates.

I'm no expert in community management. But it does seem like Destiny and Bungie has been successful despite their oft "mishandling" of PR. Which points to some things they must be getting right. Whether Destiny will survive another nine years being handled this way is well, anybody's guess.

For Destiny, yes to the bolded, absolutely the case so far. During their Halo years, though, I think it was almost the complete opposite.

Thanks for the super quick nightfall runs Kadey and PXLIV. Gally, Heart of Praxic Fire and Hard Light for the 3 drops = 3 shards. Pretty damn good drops if I didn't have them.

>.>
"Glimmer Glimmer Glimmer"

I farm all night, I farm all day, to pay the Gunsmith I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single Glimmer left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy Guardian
I wouldn't have to farm at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...

Glimmer, Glimmer, Glimmer
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Always shiny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little Glimmer
It's a rich man's world

A Guardian like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind
Ain't it sad
And if he happens to be free I bet he wouldn't fancy me
That's too bad
So I must leave, I'll have to go
To Venus or Mars
And win a fortune in a game, my life will never be the same...

Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Always shiny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little Glimmer
It's a rich man's world

Must be funny