• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

I'll send you guys an invite in a sec, if you don't have it already!
could send me an invite too? in case you already did - where would it show up? I saw the screen that was posted (by noomi iirc), but I can't get there on iOS, neither using the browser version.

EDIT: twitch-ID: thesilverhawaiian

Hmm new Xbox 1 controller with updated bumpers and a new ps4 controller possibly. I'm game! Xb1 will wait until Halo 5, but I'm interested in this ps4 HORI one.

Here's my ps4 controller now thanks to Destiny
You can replace the sticks. I put on xbone sticks on my ps4 controller.

I think I got everyone covered who asked for an E3 chat invite.

Nghtly called me yesterday while I grabbed dinner! I heard him call Grim too as the 2nd reroll.
I got called by both him And Chris, both whole I went to eat. So now I know to starve myself haha

Aw man that timing! These guys are insanely good, playing so aggressively. How can you even counter that?
So funny, sometimes randoms ask to join on my stream and then there's always Grim who answers that it's a raffle and that he waited 6 hours to join XD

could send me an invite too? in case you already did - where would it show up? I saw the screen that was posted (by noomi iirc), but I can't get there on iOS, neither using the browser version.

EDIT: twitch-ID: thesilverhawaiian

Pretty sure I added you yesterday. It should also show up if you're at someone's chat. On the top left you have this symbol with 4 bars, the invite should be in there.

Finally got caught up in the thread. Rodiard's Barney image became a lot more poignant than originally expected, in the best way. Tonight's posts are a great example of why I try to stay positive and encourage others to do the same as much as possible, especially towards other posters. Doesn't matter if it's online or IRL, you never know what people are going through but it's guaranteed that everyone has tough stuff to deal with, everyone is fighting some private battles.

Everyone can use a little kindness in their lives, even something as seemingly small as Kadey helping someone through their first Nightfall. Stuff like this:

Who needs help with what?

is always great to see. As always, I <3 DGAF.

Are you still away? I'm drinking and want to do something fun in Destiny.

Drizzy, you up for running any trials this weekend?

Still away, be back Sunday around 4-5pm EST. Down for anything and everything. Would like to help casmith and anyone else who hasn't done it yet kill Skolas, but otherwise it'll probably be mostly trials. Happy to take Wicked's spot in the Stabie train if he's running again or play with whoever wants help.

And yet the now infamous Thunderlord post has remained un-posted.

Whenever I get caught up IRL, I try to get caught up in the thread. By then, there's something fun to do/get caught up actually playing Destiny. By then, IRL comes calling again. Rinse and repeat for the last month+. Next week will be FUBAR'ed here with E3 so maybe that will give me the necessary respite to finish it and post it the following week. Maybe.

raindoc

I think I got everyone covered who asked for an E3 chat invite

can't find it.
ummm_1237346i.jpg

gatti-man

Back on the win train this week. If anyone wants an extra to run trials with add me gatti-man ps4. Love the helmet and it actually has good stats.

raindoc

Pretty sure I added you yesterday. It should also show up if you're at someone's chat. On the top left you have this symbol with 4 bars, the invite should be in there.

got it. doesn't show up on tablet/mobile versions (neither app nor browser), at least for apple products.

Nuszka

So about those twitch chat channels, are we splitting? I know noomi did one which gathered traction , then I think unstable did one , and now kadey is doing one. Think we need to decide on where to go actually.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to sleep. Should've been asleep hours ago actually.

Not doing anything for E3 on my stream. No point really and I won't be around anyway. People in the past have used my stream for chats though. Particularly Japanese tournaments. People are free to use it whenever. They call it poverty chat.

XenoRaven

I'm going to sleep. Should've been asleep hours ago actually.

Not doing anything for E3 on my stream. No point really and I won't be around anyway. People in the past have used my stream for chats though. Particularly Japanese tournaments. People are free to use it whenever. They call it poverty chat.
Noomi made a Twitch group chat for DGAF people to discuss E3 stuff. You should have him add you.

raindoc

Re: Connection Recovery - I got to test that yesterday, but didn't realise wht happened until I read the BWU later on (the message appeared only for the blink of an eye, long enough to notice it's not the "Attention Contacting..." message, but too short to actually read it, followed by a couple of seconds of black screen, then I respawned).

Good job @Bungie.

Can someone explain to me what the Thunderlord post is and why it's so important?

Is it a guide similar to the TLW guide?

The Thunderlord post is a rumored legendary post by DrDrizzay, after he finally obtained his white whale 3-4 OTs ago. Legends say it will ruin everyone's data plan so be aware.

Nuszka

Omg , just saw some posts back regarding Zoba. Dude if you can read this things will get better, they always do. We are all here for you, you are one of the pillars of this community here, lot of things would be different if it was not for you. Get all the things sorted and come back stronger , you know you can.

M3Rocket

We are at Skolas and need a 34 gally to burn him. Tried with one Hunger and 2 Gally's and it was not quite doable for the group. So we're hoping for a 3rd gally to down him quickly. Anyone want to join?

Oops just filled.

Mindlog

One spot for 34 prison - join on me
Mic would be a bad idea, but I can join you.
We are at Skolas and need a 34 gally to burn him. Tried with one Hunger and 2 Gally's and it was not quite doable for the group. So we're hoping for a 3rd gally to down him quickly. Anyone want to join?

Oops just filled.
Filled.
Let me know when you all fail again so I can step in (just kidding :])

Slept for like an hour then made a big breakfast for everybody.

FyreWulff

So.. this may mark me as the nerd I am, but I've been saving running the Reef questline on my Hunter for when I can do it on a PS3, just so I can see how the PS3 holds up with the clusterfuck of simultaneous Wolves and Public Events. I'm curious as fuck.

If there's anyone out there on PS3, PSN: Fyre_Wulff . I do have a mic.

Mindlog

NP Ruthles =]
Take a look at Todd's reaction post (thread actually) to getting HotPF. Drizz apparently has a similarly over the top plan for Thunderlord. We eagerly await.
He's apparently waiting for all the CGI to render. That stuff takes time.

Can someone explain to me what the Thunderlord post is and why it's so important?

Is it a guide similar to the TLW guide?

tumblr_inline_mm1q7iD2sv1qz4rgp.gif

The Thunderlord post is a rumored legendary post by DrDrizzay, after he finally obtained his white whale 3-4 OTs ago. Legends say it will ruin everyone's data plan so be aware.

I made a rebuttal gif with Ji66aMan's advice, yet it never saw the light of day. My gif is still waiting. It was a fateful Tuesday...

Unstable

So about those twitch chat channels, are we splitting? I know noomi did one which gathered traction , then I think unstable did one , and now kadey is doing one. Think we need to decide on where to go actually.

Noomi doing the twitch chat stuff. So when GAF inevitably dies
from the announcement of The Last Guardian
we'll have a place to hang out.

I'm actually going to be streaming E3 on my channel (If I can figure out how to get it all set up correctly with my equipment) with a party full of DGAFers commentating over it.

It's gonna be kool.
See? I used a "K" instead of "C" in the word "Cool" so that you know it's extra kool.

GlamFM

Banned
Any ToO teams forming?

Just wanna see if the pro teams are done and I might actually have a chance at the helmet.

Nuszka

Noomi doing the twitch chat stuff. So when GAF inevitably dies
from the announcement of The Last Guardian
we'll have a place to hang out.

I'm actually going to be streaming E3 on my channel (If I can figure out how to get it all set up correctly with my equipment) with a party full of DGAFers commentating over it.

It's gonna be kool.
See? I used a "K" instead of "C" in the word "Cool" so that you know it's extra kool.

I am up for it, last year wife got me a bottle of whiskey just for sony presser. Was a lot of fun watching it. Btw if i get included for any live chats i wont be on until like 2 hours before sony press conference - my beloved has her birthday tomorrow. So right now instead of packing and getting ready for the spa hotel i booked i am typing here... Ok got to go.

ocean

Banned
Any ToO teams forming?

Just wanna see if the pro teams are done and I might actually have a chance at the helmet.
Pro teams are never done. Your best bet would be finding a team and just practicing, I don't think there'll be much difference in difficulty later as opposed to earlier. As the hardcore crowd fizzles a bit, so does the frustrated casual crowd. It evens out I think.

GlamFM

Banned
Pro teams are never done. Your best bet would be finding a team and just practicing, I don't think there'll be much difference in difficulty later as opposed to earlier. As the hardcore crowd fizzles a bit, so does the frustrated casual crowd. It evens out I think.

You're right... I know.. :(

raindoc

I'll come in 2 hours. I don't have a gally, but I do have 365 blackhammer and a hunger :| If you'd prefer all horns feel free to get someone else.

Have you (or other gaffers) done it before? I really don't want to say "no" because you're missing an RNG drop, but my personal experience shows hours of trying to do it with 2 Horns and 1 Hunger, failing miserably. :/

So, 100% honest answer: if it's been done before, I'm willing to try it - if not, I don't see the point.

EDIT: Anyone tried it with 3 Black Hammers yet? We used rather low impact rifles during arc burn and got it done... though I'm not sure if I can keep up with the speed/accuracy/headshot-ratio of PoT while using Black Hammer.

M3Rocket

Mic would be a bad idea, but I can join you.

Filled.
Let me know when you all fail again so I can step in (just kidding :])

Slept for like an hour then made a big breakfast for everybody.

1st try with 3rd gally. We broke bonds, then headed out to dismantle 1st set of mines together passing poison. Then cleared adds and then burned and killed Skolas while one went to dismantle 2nd wave of mines. We used this same strategy on void burn.

I made the private Twitch chat on Bungie's stream only. I was out of the thread for like 2 hours yesterday and Nami started making OTs while Noomi made Twitch chats. A mutinous Nami-Noomi collusion. Outrageous!

If anyone is still sending invites, my Twitch is now same as PSN: DrDrizzay101

I smell a mutiny afoot. Better squash it now.

Have you (or other gaffers) done it before? I really don't want to say "no" because you're missing an RNG drop, but my personal experience shows hours of trying to do it with 2 Horns and 1 Hunger, failing miserably. :/

So, 100% honest answer: if it's been done before, I'm willing to try it - if not, I don't see the point.

EDIT: Anyone tried it with 3 Black Hammers yet? We used rather low impact rifles during arc burn and got it done... though I'm not sure if I can keep up with the speed/accuracy/headshot-ratio of PoT while using Black Hammer.
Yeah Gjallarhorn isn't necessarily the answer. I ran it with Byron and Jignx and all 3 of us had maxed horns and it still took almost 3 hours. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out with skolas. On the flipside, I did it with another team the next day and only I had a Gjallarhorn and we finished in about 45 minutes.

Edit: they both had black hammer and hunger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom