• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Alright, I gotta run again.

I'm the grill master at a BBQ today, need to prep/cook food for about 50 people :eek:

I'll be back later! Want to do a flawless run today, hopefully can find a solid team to roll with when I get back.

<3 dgaf!

No problem noomi!
I assume you're taking over invite duty again for anyone that still wants to join.

I will be back in a few hours, but I usually back track the thread and see if I've missed anything so no worries, thanks again dude! :D

ocean

Banned
Finally some testing on Weapons of Light and rockets! Here's the conclusion:

Rockets actually damage enemies twice: one is the rocket itself impacting the enemy, and then the "explosion". Some rockets have a third damage output in the form of MIRVs, cluster bombs, Wolfpack rounds etc.

Basically, the initial impact is the smallest of the damage outputs. The explosion accounts for most of the damage, which is why proximity detonation works: targets don't get hit by the rocket itself, but the explosion is enough to get the job done.

However, Weapons of Light will only affect the initial rocket impact, offering zero buff for the explosion or the cluster bombs/wolfpacks or whatever. This means that, although that initial impact is buffed 35% with WoL, total damage output is only increased by a mere 8% due to the explosion not being buffed.

Moreover, proximity detonation means rockets will tend to explode when they're in range of their target instead of waiting to "hit" them. Meaning they'll completely miss the small initial impact (which was the only buffed damage).

Gjallarhorn has proximity detonation as a stealth perk. It's not a part of the perk tree, but it's got it. What this means is Gjallarhorn shots will normally have a 0% buff with WoL. If proximity doesn't proc and the rocket actually lands on your target, you'll get 8%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIqawxnAbdU

Zoidberg

which should be rather sooner than later, only got three hours this afternoon.

zoidberg, you here?

I'll be doing the daily for now, FT is set to public, join as you please DGAF.

Really sorry for bailing Raindoc! Wife had an allergic reaction to what seems to be a hot chocolate just after we left dinner. Never had one before and she's not allergic to anything she's come across. She's 5 months pregnant so we were freaking out a bit, been back and forth to the chemist and it's all settled now after an hour and half in the bath and some meds.

Shito

Damn, catching up on the thread today is both a bit sad and heart-warming...
Don't want to put the subject into discussion again, but I hope Zoba will be able to find some help and see it through.

On a lighter note, are there any good guides or posts describing the best rerolls for PVE? I know there are a lot of PVP oriented ones, but I don't think I've seen any for PVE, and even though the raid weapons dominate the field I'm sure there are still some interesting rolls to be found...

I'm the grill master at a BBQ today, need to prep/cook food for about 50 people :eek:
And now I'm hungry...

raindoc

Rockets actually damage enemies twice: one is the rocket itself impacting the enemy, and then the "explosion". Some rockets have a third damage output in the form of MIRVs, cluster bombs, Wolfpack rounds etc.

Basically, the initial impact is the smallest of the damage outputs. The explosion accounts for most of the damage, which is why proximity detonation works: targets don't get hit by the rocket itself, but the explosion is enough to get the job done.

However, Weapons of Light will only affect the initial rocket impact, offering zero buff for the explosion or the cluster bombs/wolfpacks or whatever. This means that, although that initial impact is buffed 35% with WoL, total damage output is only increased by a mere 8% due to the explosion not being buffed.

Moreover, proximity detonation means rockets will tend to explode when they're in range of their target instead of waiting to "hit" them. Meaning they'll completely miss the small initial impact (which was the only buffed damage).

Gjallarhorn has proximity detonation as a stealth perk. It's not a part of the perk tree, but it's got it. What this means is Gjallarhorn shots will normally have a 0% buff with WoL. If proximity doesn't proc and the rocket actually lands on your target, you'll get 8%.

nice. thanks for sharing.

Rubenov

Thanks. TL;DR - Don't bother with WoL for rocket launchers

raindoc

Really sorry for bailing Raindoc! Wife had an allergic reaction to what seems to be a hot chocolate just after we left dinner. Never had one before and she's not allergic to anything she's come across. She's 5 months pregnant so we were freaking out a bit, been back and forth to the chemist and it's all settled now after an hour and half in the bath and some meds.

no worries, I'll be on tonight, maybe we can try then. glad your wife's okay - take care!

Hyun Sai

Much appreciated, thanks !

reads like connection recovery, the message pops up only for the blink of an eye. worked for me though - game continued.

We spent 5-7 minutes at a black screen before it started, guys were so laggy that they walked off the map only to appear behind you to revive the whole team. Still won 5-0 and hurried the hell out of there.

Wow that was the laggiest trials game ever...

Looking forward to see that video haha!

Kydd BlaZe

Quick question...

If you make it to the Lighthouse with one of your characters and pick up the loot from the chest, is it possible to turn around and get there again if you go 9-0 on a new card with the same character to loot the chest again?

Got there with my Warlock on Friday, but I really hate using my Hunter and Titan in PvP. Just want to keep using my Warlock.

Quick question...

If you make it to the Lighthouse with one of your characters and pick up the loot from the chest, is it possible to turn around and get there again if you go 9-0 on a new card with the same character to loot the chest again?

Got there with my Warlock on Friday, but I really hate using my Hunter and Titan in PvP. Just want to keep using my Warlock.

Only once per character per week unfortunately.

phen0m24

Mercury on titan! Got some great stuff.

Titan helmet
Eye of Sol
Void messenger!

Just need helmet on warlock now.

Thanks Robinson and Tears :)

Hey DJ! That Messenger!
I'm not salty
:p

Tried out that Lord of Wolves. What fun!

Think I'm going to go back to pvp. If I never do Skolas again I won't feel bad. :)

I knew how useless WoL was for ghorn, but I never bring it up when I play with people. I feel like they would still want to use it "just in case."
Which means they wouldn't believe me.

ocean

Banned
I knew how useless WoL was for ghorn, but I never bring it up when I play with people. I feel like they would still want to use it "just in case."
Which means they wouldn't believe me.

WoL makes an enormous difference when dealing DPS with snipers. If you'll be using rockets, chances are high that Blessing is a smarter choice.

WoL makes an enormous difference when dealing DPS with snipers. If you'll be using rockets, chances are high that Blessing is a smarter choice.

Percentage wise how much more damage do you do with snipers while using WoL?
I always felt the Skolas fight would be "easier" with 3 good snipers with WoL. Or any boss really.

EL CUCO

Personal preference and all that, but I wouldn't go crazy looking for Injection Mold just because of how a tier list is arranged. That's why people are pursuing that perk, right? If so, keep in mind that same tier list puts the LGH at the top, when it doesn't even one shot through a revive and has less aim assist than the HB (the actual AA of the HB is 55).

Injection Mold is not in any way a must have perk for any sniper that is not used like a scout rifle (extremely low impact, high rof), and is almost useless on the HB-tier impact snipers. However, reduced ADS speed is always going to be useful for any sniper. I highly suggest adding Quickdraw (my favorite of the middle perks) and Snapshot (my second favorite) to your acceptable rolls.
Thanks for the tip. I know I've passed on hidden hand, QD/SS atleast 20x now lol.

That said, the (HM) GK glimmer farm is open for business. Feel free to join on me if you're broke as a joke.

Edit: Done for now

zra0CBP.png

Look at that K/D!!

Me, the king of 0.3 K/D's got a 1.11 with multiple handicaps.

Yeah... we lost, and I'm at the bottom... BUT, I wanted to use this game as an example of what I've really been enjoying since the HoW release. The "daily" crucible matches that offer passage coins have kept me interested and logging on more often then PoE. Win or lose you get a coin, so why not have some fun and set personal challenges. I have all of my good PvP stuff on my Hunter, so I just roll with the leftovers on my alts, and boy does that leave some interesting combinations.

Last night's handicaps:
NLB
Vestian Dynasty
Bumper Jumper (less than a week into the transition)
Trying out "skating" with my Titan

Yeah, 1.11 felt GREAT under those circumstances.

GutZ31

Percentage wise how much more damage do you do with snipers while using WoL?
I always felt the Skolas fight would be "easier" with 3 good snipers with WoL. Or any boss really.

3 Black Hammers with 365 attack with WoL burns Skolas best from what I have seen for solar burn.

Gjallarhorn for after the mines are up and you are down a man.

Its a 35% increase in damage with the perks set for such.

willow ve

On patrol the other night I got a notification that said "A Friendly NPC is near" or something to that affect.

Looked around, but couldn't find anything. Anyone else have this happen?

GutZ31

On patrol the other night I got a notification that said "A Friendly NPC is near" or something to that affect.

Looked around, but couldn't find anything. Anyone else have this happen?

You should have screenshotted it.
If it didn't have spaces, I would have said it could have just been a player with a funny name.

3 Black Hammers with 365 attack with WoL burns Skolas best from what I have seen for solar burn.

Gjallarhorn for after the mines are up and you are down a man.

Its a 35% increase in damage with the perks set for such.
Yeah I figured. Too bad most people don't want to do it that way.

GutZ31

Yeah I figured. Too bad most people don't want to do it that way.

They should.
I was running Gjallarhorn method at least 6 times, and it just wasn't happening for some reason.
Then we switched to BH, and it took 3 tries, all of them being much better than gjallarhorn by its self.

Not leveling up black hammer to 365 is a sin to ones self, and should be corrected with haste.

They should.
I was running Gjallarhorn method at least 6 times, and it just wasn't happening for some reason.
Then we switched to BH, and it took 3 tries, all of them being much better than gjallarhorn by its self.

Not leveling up black hammer to 365 is a sin to ones self, and should be corrected with haste.

"This is where I'd put my black hammer .... if I had one!"

Holy carp, we hit a new thread over the weekend already? Jesus, I need to actually skim the threads more on days I don't work.

Also, here is 6 of us trolling someone at the Reef: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__o36J8wo8

Fun fact - While you do not have any player collision with people not in your fireteam, any balls (or in this case servitors) still do have player collision.

Thus, the 6 of us set out to use the broken servitor to push some unsuspecting chap to his death.

I wish I would have captured our voices in this, it would have made it twice as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom