• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Posting for new page..

If you can't find anyone in 30ish I can help after my meal.

Have you (or other gaffers) done it before? I really don't want to say "no" because you're missing an RNG drop, but my personal experience shows hours of trying to do it with 2 Horns and 1 Hunger, failing miserably. :/

So, 100% honest answer: if it's been done before, I'm willing to try it - if not, I don't see the point.

EDIT: Anyone tried it with 3 Black Hammers yet? We used rather low impact rifles during arc burn and got it done... though I'm not sure if I can keep up with the speed/accuracy/headshot-ratio of PoT while using Black Hammer.

Yeah Gjallarhorn isn't necessarily the answer. I ran it with Byron and Jignx and all 3 of us had maxed horns and it still took almost 3 hours. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out with skolas. On the flipside, I did it with another team the next day and only I had a Gjallarhorn and we finished in about 45 minutes.

Edit: they both had black hammer and hunger.

I have to assume it takes a little more luck landing Hunger's total DPS per shot than it does Gjallerhorn. If someone could hit the majority of the cluster bombs each shot I'd assume their DPS would be comparable maybe? Then again cluster bombs by design seem more about AoE than single target.

Without DPS parsers though that's all guesswork.

raindoc

1st try with 3rd gally. We broke bonds, then headed out to dismantle 1st set of mines together passing poison. Then cleared adds and then burned and killed Skolas while one went to dismantle 2nd wave of mines. We used this same strategy on void burn.

Yeah Gjallarhorn isn't necessarily the answer. I ran it with Byron and Jignx and all 3 of us had maxed horns and it still took almost 3 hours. Sometimes shit just doesn't work out with skolas. On the flipside, I did it with another team the next day and only I had a Gjallarhorn and we finished in about 45 minutes.

Edit: they both had black hammer and hunger.

I'm game Zoidberg. Will post again once I'm online - and of course we need a third.

PoE35 with crutches, starting in about 90 mins:
1) raindoc (no mic)
2) Zoidberg (no gjally)
3) ???

Posting for new page..

...for my 500ppp scrubby gaffers :p
Like Ken offered, I will certainly help if no one else needs it.
If you can't find anyone in 30ish I can help after my meal.

I have to assume it takes a little more luck landing Hunger's total DPS per shot than it does Gjallerhorn. If someone could hit the majority of the cluster bombs each shot I'd assume their DPS would be comparable maybe? Then again cluster bombs by design seem more about AoE than single target.

Without DPS parsers though that's all guesswork.
Sometimes it's just down to Skolas being cooperative. He might be a dick or he might be a nice guy and shoot at a wall for reasons only known to him. But we were just coordinated pretty well for whatever situation occurred. Struggling with it so much before actually did me a huge favor in making me more familiar with the encounter. I think next week is gonna be a breeze.

Well, two weeks since I started playing (base game without DLC) and I am feeling a bit lost.

Up until yesterday I limited myself to playing the story missions, doing Vanguard Bounties and Patrolling, with hopes that after reaching Level 20 (currently 22) I'd be in better terms to play with others.

The problem is that I find myself with the question "And now what?" I've tried a few Crucible matches and Strikes, and the result is that as usual I have zero interest in PvP but PvE with partners (the strikes) is awesome. But the way I understand it, everything I can do now is:

- Play PvP in the Crucible (I end regretting it every time)
- Play the Strike Playlist
- Catch a Daily event (how many times have I defended a "Warsat"?)
- Grind in the same maps, strikes and bounties to gain more reputation levels
- Spend time repeating things with hopes better loot drops?

The Vault of Glass seems like it is not a possibility for me. I don't have friends who play the game in GMT+1 or a close time zone, and I am unsure if the price of expansions is worth if I am only going to do PvE. Gotta Catch'em All with items does not drive my crazy, and I tend to be a forever noob in terms of learning teamplay or getting good at things (I just care to enjoy).

I want to hope that I am absurdly wrong and somebody will correct me. Right now I feel like leaving the game for the weekends and going back to another thing.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Invite coming up! It will probably explode there during E3 but nothing to see there atm. All thanks to noomi for making the chat, I'm just the guy who sends invites.
Hahaha I can go 0-3 by myself probably but you can help me with that, as I can't access Trials by myself ;)
Hey EJ, you sure you included me in the list of invites? I haven't had anything come through yet.

Twitch: KurtNiisan

Hey EJ, you sure you included me in the list of invites? I haven't had anything come through yet.

Twitch: KurtNiisan

I'm pretty sure but I'll send you a new one just in case.
It can be totally unclear where those invites end up, usually I find them at the chat and then press the symbol with the 4 bars.

Thanks, m3rocket joined.

Did you or anyone else save that sweet HM Gorgon's?
I would love some shards > motes > to feed my re-roll addiction :p

Well, two weeks since I started playing (base game without DLC) and I am feeling a bit lost.

Up until yesterday I limited myself to playing the story missions, doing Vanguard Bounties and Patrolling, with hopes that after reaching Level 20 (currently 22) I'd be in better terms to play with others.

The problem is that I find myself with the question "And now what?" I've tried a few Crucible matches and Strikes, and the result is that as usual I have zero interest in PvP but PvE with partners (the strikes) is awesome. But the way I understand it, everything I can do now is:

The Vault of Glass seems like it is not a possibility for me. I don't have friends who play the game in GMT+1 or a close time zone, and I am unsure if the price of expansions is worth if I am only going to do PvE. Gotta Catch'em All with items does not drive my crazy, and I tend to be a forever noob in terms of learning teamplay or getting good at things (I just care to enjoy).

I want to hope that I am absurdly wrong and somebody will correct me. Right now I feel like leaving the game for the weekends and going back to another thing.
The game might not be for you, but before you hang it up you really do need to do the Vault of Glass raid. Awesome experience. Right now I would focus on getting vanguard marks and leveling up the Vanguard faction so that you can buy armor to get you to a higher level so that you can experience the raid.

ocean

Banned

The game is only replayable if you're into PvP or high end PvE, running weekly Strikes, Raids and PoE.

Since you don't like PvP, Trials of Osiris won't be your thing. PvE wise, you'd need the expansion for Prison of Elders. There's lots of people running it every week at all time zones so you'd be good.

Don't quit before running at least one Vault of Glass though. I'm also in Europe and several others here are as well. Count me in for whenever, outside office hours. I love taking people there for the first time.

Ken

Your primary goal should be trying to hit 32 as efficiently as possibly because this opens up the highest tier of Weekly Heroic, Nightfall strike, and most of the raids. Level 28 can get you into Prison of Elders and VoG Normal, but legendary vendor gear will give you more light than VoG drops from the start.

3 pieces of legendary gear from vendors and an exotic piece will get you to 32 but you need to grind out marks to buy them. Strange Coins buy exotics from Xur, the weekend vendor. For new characters I'd try to hope for an exotic headpiece to get sold since the legendary helmets cost almost double marks than the other armor slots.

This post was supposed to be longer and more wordy but most of it was just about grinding stuff out so yeah, if you're not into repeating the same content over and over it might not be too good for you.

Do vanguard playlist with friends.

Use your vanguard marks to buy vanguard gear plus an exotic from xur.

That will get you to level 32 and ready for most endgame stuff.

SgtCobra

so far the 2 elder ciphers behave like one. now I have to wait for variks. anyone have experience with two elder ciphers droping at the same time? starting to doubt that I'll get two different weapons out of these.
Yep you'll only get one weapon, I have a double cipher right now and I'm on my 2nd day, still no call from Variks so I guess I'll get it tomorrow.
Just don't delete one.

I give up on rolling Her Benevolence for tonight. Spent just over 150 motes and God knows how many weapon parts and glimmer for Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, and Injection Mold...and NOTHING.

I've spent over 80-90 motes on both my HB and LGH, got both with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand and Unflinching but no Injection Mold.
Re-rolling is so addictive, just picked up a second HB...

Personal preference and all that, but I wouldn't go crazy looking for Injection Mold just because of how a tier list is arranged. That's why people are pursuing that perk, right? If so, keep in mind that same tier list puts the LGH at the top, when it doesn't even one shot through a revive and has less aim assist than the HB (the actual AA of the HB is 55).

Injection Mold is not in any way a must have perk for any sniper that is not used like a scout rifle (extremely low impact, high rof), and is almost useless on the HB-tier impact snipers. However, reduced ADS speed is always going to be useful for any sniper. I highly suggest adding Quickdraw (my favorite of the middle perks) and Snapshot (my second favorite) to your acceptable rolls.

Personal preference and all that, but I wouldn't go crazy looking for Injection Mold just because of how a tier list is arranged. That's why people are pursuing that perk, right? If so, keep in mind that same tier list puts the LGH at the top, when it doesn't even one shot through a revive and has less aim assist than the HB (the actual AA of the HB is 55).

Injection Mold is not in any way a must have perk for any sniper that is not used like a scout rifle (extremely low impact, high rof), and is almost useless on the HB-tier impact snipers. However, reduced ADS speed is always going to be useful for any sniper. I highly suggest adding Quickdraw (my favorite of the middle perks) and Snapshot (my second favorite) to your acceptable rolls.

Agreed, I just wanted one sniper with the so-called perfect roll to compare. I've been using the LGH with Quickdraw instead of Injection Mold for a while now and I'm loving it.
If I can get that roll on my HB I would be happy. Do you know by any chance if HB is able to OHK after revive?

The game might not be for you, but before you hang it up you really do need to do the Vault of Glass raid. Awesome experience. Right now I would focus on getting vanguard marks and leveling up the Vanguard faction so that you can buy armor to get you to a higher level so that you can experience the raid.
Well, I guess I don't have anything better to do until Persona 5 comes out, so I will try to keep working on it.

Ocean said:
The game is only replayable if you're into PvP or high end PvE, running weekly Strikes, Raids and PoE.

Since you don't like PvP, Trials of Osiris won't be your thing. PvE wise, you'd need the expansion for Prison of Elders. There's lots of people running it every week at all time zones so you'd be good.

Don't quit before running at least one Vault of Glass though. I'm also in Europe and several others here are as well. Count me in for whenever, outside office hours. I love taking people there for the first time.
Is Trials of Osiris available without expansions? Anyways, the few times I have entered the crucible just to try and score a few reputation or marks if felt like a waste of time. Looks like just participating is not enough, and I just get instakilled with one shot the moment I enter. Balance issues and people with rare weapons?

Right now I have more flexibility since i summer we leave the office at 15:00, but I rarely sink more than two hours a day, being closer to one or less. How long is that Raid, BTW?

silver.tongue said:
Do vanguard playlist with friends.

Use your vanguard marks to buy vanguard gear plus an exotic from xur.

That will get you to level 32 and ready for most endgame stuff.

Steam took away my friends... Nobody made the jump to PS4, and overall they seem to hate the game.

Level 32 for The Vault of Glass?

BTW, what's up with those "House of Wolves" enemies appearing in low level places? There seems to be one in one of the tunnels starting from the Steppes in Old Russia and he's becoming responsible for a fair amount of my deaths while trying to dash through that area when doing patrol missions.

It's what every exotic should be. Good,
Not OP by any stretch of the imagination, but looks and feels badass. I love mine.
Yeah I had a great time in crucible with it. Even went on a 10 kill streak with it. I think once I unlock perfect balance I'm gonna try it with linear compensator just to see if I can squeeze just a bit more range out of it.

JonCha

Talking of Vault of Glass, as someone who is in the UK, I've got a few hours free this afternoon where I could do it. I'm sure there are some newer players here like myself who'd be up for running it with someone who's done it before.

Talking of Vault of Glass, as someone who is in the UK, I've got a few hours free this afternoon where I could do it. I'm sure there are some newer players here like myself who'd be up for running it with someone who's done it before.

If you need someone to help, tell me then.

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Flawless :) First time as well! Met the group I did it with just playing elimination to try and practice, it's a good feeling, before I go to I need spaces for emblems/shaders or is it fixed?

ocean

Banned
Flawless :) First time as well! Met the group I did it with just playing elimination to try and practice, it's a good feeling, before I go to I need spaces for emblems/shaders or is it fixed?
Shader isn't guaranteed, emblem is. You do need to make space though.

Well, I guess I don't have anything better to do until Persona 5 comes out, so I will try to keep working on it.

Steam took away my friends... Nobody made the jump to PS4, and overall they seem to hate the game.

Level 32 for The Vault of Glass?

BTW, what's up with those "House of Wolves" enemies appearing in low level places? There seems to be one in one of the tunnels starting from the Steppes in Old Russia and he's becoming responsible for a fair amount of my deaths while trying to dash through that area when doing patrol missions.

Dont worry you will make friends here. Dgaf is awesome. Post when you wanna run something and you usually get company.

As for vog, level 28 for normal and 30 for hard is ideal. I saod 32 because thats the level the vanguard gear will get you to. Easy lv up. On vog you will get some of the best weapons in the game.

Done with vog this week but you will surely get somebody here to do it with you.

raindoc

PoE35 with crutches, starting once everyone is ready:
1) raindoc (no mic)
2) Zoidberg (no gjally)
3) ???

PSN: raindoc

which should be rather sooner than later, only got three hours this afternoon.

zoidberg, you here?

I'll be doing the daily for now, FT is set to public, join as you please DGAF.

noomi

Hey good morning dgaf!

Haven't been around much this weekend, as I've been busy with BBQ's and birthdays and all that fun stuff. Today I have another event to be at, but after it is finished I'll be back here spamming the thread regularly and annoying you all once more :D

I see some mention of this twitch chat thing, let me re-post from yesterday :) Also, thanks EJ for taking over invites while I'm running around doing real life stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In preparation for E3, we have started a custom group chat on twitch.

NeoGAF will most likely go down during E3 conferences, and this will allow us to chat with each other while we watch the conferences and also allow us to LFG while GAF is down.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, you can give me your twitch name and I will send you an invite to the chat. Once invited, you can also invite other users, so if I'm not around please feel free to invite anyone who would like to join.

Crude Guide on how to get into the channel (on the right side of the screen, first hit chat, then open the menu):

*this is on the browser version, not sure you can with ios/android
*you have to be in someones chat already for the menu option to show up

BQ8By60l.jpg

We need ranking in the pvp, I'm either put up against incredible players or bloody muppetts.

As for trials I'm put against stronger teams every single time.. have the weak stopped playing it?
and the lag eughh

Mind you i play trials at midnight lol that never helps.

raindoc

*this is on the browser version, not sure you can with ios/android

I could not join using mobile devices, not even using the browser version on my iPad. if someone's having trouble, I suggest using a desktop computer.

EDIT: Since I haven't heard from Zoidberg since his initial reply and I'm now down to two hours of available gaming time I have to call off Skolas with crutches.
Anything going on atm? VoG?

noomi

I made the private Twitch chat on Bungie's stream only. I was out of the thread for like 2 hours yesterday and Nami started making OTs while Noomi made Twitch chats. A mutinous Nami-Noomi collusion. Outrageous!

If anyone is still sending invites, my Twitch is now same as PSN: DrDrizzay101

See what happens when your not around, we all panic and run around like maniacs!

Never leave again Drizz, you must stay here..... fffooooooorrrreeeeevvvvveeeeerrrr

:p

I could not join using mobile devices, not even using the browser version on my iPad. if someone's having trouble, I suggest using a desktop computer.

Yeah, I've always done it through my desktop browser (firefox)

Kyoufu

So is it true you can transfer items between characters with the Destiny mobile app? Doing it the normal way is extremely tedious with the long loading times.

raindoc

So is it true you can transfer items between characters with the Destiny mobile app? Doing it the normal way is extremely tedious with the long loading times.
yes. works like a charm, it even lets you split stacking consumables (i.e. transfering only 20 of 100 helium coils from one char to the vault ot vice versa).

Hey good morning dgaf!

Haven't been around much this weekend, as I've been busy with BBQ's and birthdays and all that fun stuff. Today I have another event to be at, but after it is finished I'll be back here spamming the thread regularly and annoying you all once more :D

I see some mention of this twitch chat thing, let me re-post from yesterday :) Also, thanks EJ for taking over invites while I'm running around doing real life stuff.

No problem noomi!
I assume you're taking over invite duty again for anyone that still wants to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom