• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Needed some background noise at work, so I just fired up Nghtly's stream... Hey, I recognize the the non [Dev] guy...a_javierp! Good luck Ocean.

He got in again? Damn he's so lucky with those raffles.

Somebody who didn't have a PS4 got picked and they asked if they could pick someone else themselves and Nghtly said yes and then they picked a_javierp lol. It's fun watching Nghtly.

I'm so busy though even if he picked me I probably wouldn't be able to go.

Omg god I could cry GAF.

After so many fucking re-rolls, I think I got a perfect sniper.

Her Benevolence.
Shortgaze, Ambush, Eagleeye.
Hidden Hand.
Quickdraw, Injection mold.
Unflinching.

I'm just so happy right now!

Definity

Been a pretty good destiny weekend for me. I didn't make it to Mercury but came very close twice. Actually got one win away and just couldn't pull it off. Picked up plenty of new loot and also snagged a word of crota for my collection with the raids Kadey was running yesterday.

XenoRaven

Holy carp, we hit a new thread over the weekend already? Jesus, I need to actually skim the threads more on days I don't work.

Also, here is 6 of us trolling someone at the Reef: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k__o36J8wo8

Fun fact - While you do not have any player collision with people not in your fireteam, any balls (or in this case servitors) still do have player collision.

Thus, the 6 of us set out to use the broken servitor to push some unsuspecting chap to his death.

I wish I would have captured our voices in this, it would have made it twice as good.
I've been tempted to do this, but then I wouldn't want to take the chance at resetting someone's bounty, in the event they had one that resets progress if they die.

So Ive read tons of guides, mostly the ones from Reddit, but which is better for PvP - Low Grade Humility or Her Benevolence? I have tons of motes, so I can reforge it as many times as I need. I just need to know which one I should focus on.
For the record, Im an average sniper in PvP. Im not bad, but Im no Unstable.

My brother who isn't on Gaf just texted me to tell me that his ToO team just got wrecked by some folks he suspects are from Gaf. Rubenov, Puma and Jignxs. Ha!

So Ive read tons of guides, mostly the ones from Reddit, but which is better for PvP - Low Grade Humility or Her Benevolence? I have tons of motes, so I can reforge it as many times as I need. I just need to know which one I should focus on.

Omg god I could cry GAF.

After so many fucking re-rolls, I think I got a perfect sniper.

Her Benevolence.
Shortgaze, Ambush, Eagleeye.
Hidden Hand.
Quickdraw, Injection mold.
Unflinching.

I'm just so happy right now!

^ this one.
Her Benevolence has slightly higher aim assist than Low-Grade Humility, higher impact and one-shots revived people if iirc.
I really love my LGH with almost the same perks, get a lot of kills with it, but I'm kind of handicapped upon revive.
Can't wait for my HB to be fully leveled.

Congrats on the roll btw Silver!

You need to stop saying that. And most importantly, stop thinking like that. You are better today than you were yesterday and you will always be improving.

Also, you need to practice. Go play some crucible if you really wanna get good.

Thanks for the confidence. I'll give it a better go

Langy

Hard mode full Crota run, 7pm gmt (3hr 20 mins from now, right after the football)

Add if you want to come:

1. me (Langoit)
2. Mr-Stephen

All I want is Hawkmoon but this week I've gotten 6 No Land Beyonds.

Two from Crota hard
One from Atheon
One from nightfall
One random one from crucible
and now one from the gold package from the Osiris guy.

Why?

^ this one.
Her Benevolence has slightly higher aim assist than Low-Grade Humility, higher impact and one-shots revived people if iirc.
I really love my LGH with almost the same perks, get a lot of kills with it, but I'm kind of handicapped upon revive.
Can't wait for my HB to be fully leveled.

Congrats on the roll btw Silver!

Cool. Thanks.

Agent

Any ToO groups forming? I really want to get the helmet for my Warlock and Titan. Haven't been to Mercury since week one, but at this point I just want the 5 wins.

TheOddOne

Thanks to Poker and my other bud for getting me to Mercury, again. The carry was real.
screenshot-originalvmujh.png
Now finished with all the sets:

Namikaze1

Reminder to everyone:

In preparation for E3, we have started a custom group chat on twitch.

NeoGAF will most likely go down during E3 conferences, and this will allow us to chat with each other while we watch the conferences and also allow us to LFG while GAF is down.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, you can give me your twitch name and I will send you an invite to the chat. Once invited, you can also invite other users, so if I'm not around please feel free to invite anyone who would like to join.

Crude Guide on how to get into the channel (on the right side of the screen, first hit chat, then open the menu):

Bethesda's conference is tonight. I'm logging on to Twitch so if anyone who hasn't been invited yet, post your twitch username. I'll send invites for the next ten minutes.

Reminder to everyone:

Bethesda's conference is tonight. I'm logging on to Twitch so if anyone who hasn't been invited yet, post your twitch username. I'll send invites for the next ten minutes.

Can you check if I'm invited?

Noomi said he sent me one but I didnt get it.

silvertonguebr

Anyone interested in raiding the Vault of Glass?

I've never done the raid before, preferably I would do it with 5 other people in the same situation.

PSN id: Marco_Tovarich

phen0m24

Am on my way home now.

Do i:

Level lord of wolves?
Watch a ToO stream and hope to hit the Mercury lottery?
Do crucible dailies?

I don't want to do Skolas. Soooo done with Skolas.

Or sleep. Maybe I should sleep after last night's Skolas
lol

Daemul

OMFG, was 24-0 up near the end of a clash match and about to get mark of the unbroken, then I get randomly killed by an exploding barrel. FML.

500px-103875-chris-tucker-facepalm-gif-Frid-GSTI.gif

Am on my way home now.

Do i:

Level lord of wolves?
Watch a ToO stream and hope to hit the Mercury lottery?
Do crucible dailies?

I don't want to do Skolas. Soooo done with Skolas.

Or sleep. Maybe I should sleep after last night's Skolas
lol

Watch a stream while doing the dailies? Gafers have been lucky with Nghtly's stream, and I'll be at work rooting for you if you make it.

EL CUCO

220+ motes later:
Her Benevolence
Shortgaze, Hidden hand, Quick draw, Unflinching

And as a celebration I re rolled my second Matador with AB, shot package, reinforced barrel, final round.

ocean

Banned
Short answer: both are great, use LGH in 6v6 and HB in 3v3 if you have both.

In detail: Her Benevolence has higher base aim assist and more impact. Impact is very important in 3v3 modes because enemies gain an overshield when they're revived. Her Benevolence is in the second highest impact class and can one-shot enemies as soon as they're revived. This makes it a fantastic choice for Trials of Osiris, Skirmish and Salvage.

When you're playing a 6v6 mode, two factors will give LGH the edge. The first is, no revives. There's still overshields (Bladedancers, Radiant Skin, Blessing of Light etc) but the advantage of higher impact is suddenly far more situational. On the flip side, LGH fires a lot more quickly. In 6v6, things get very hectic and you might miss headshots more often - LGH is a great pick for double tap to the body kills.

They're both excellent though. Her Benevolence is the most versatile of the two, being good for PvE, 3v3 and not being a bad choice anyways on 6v6, whereas LGH will probably have a more specific ideal-use scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom