• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Sigh. I am considering deleting the character as soon as I get back home and reselling the game. I just don't have any interest left in keeping doing events and Daily Strikes to gather enough currency to upgrade the equipment and weapons to legendaries, at a rate of maybe one piece of gear per week. The last 10 hours I have played seem to relate more to "MMO addiction" than actual "having fun".

Seeing Vault of Glass? I can watch somebody play it in Youtube. After a week off the drug I am not hooked anymore and the game feels like a chore. Also all of my friends hate it and completely decided to never ever buy it or get close to it, so...

Why would you delete your character and immediately sell the game? Just take a break and play other games if you want. Sell it if you want, but deleting you character is just a shame, as supposedly you can use that character all the way through the next 10 years with Destiny if you or your friends ever decide to pick up destiny 2 or maybe even 3.

Anyway, running Nightfall solo until someone joins: JinjoNL

Marvel

could never
Trying to decide what class I'll be playing the most out of my 3 34's come the expansion. I truly cannot decide which is cooler, burning hammer, bow or space magic.

<.<

Unstable

So this might be a strange thing to ask but any Xbox guys in the mood to carry my level 24 ass through some stuff to get some sweet gear?

Sigh. I am considering deleting the character as soon as I get back home and reselling the game. I just don't have any interest left in keeping doing events and Daily Strikes to gather enough currency to upgrade the equipment and weapons to legendaries, at a rate of maybe one piece of gear per week. The last 10 hours I have played seem to relate more to "MMO addiction" than actual "having fun".

Seeing Vault of Glass? I can watch somebody play it in Youtube. After a week off the drug I am not hooked anymore and the game feels like a chore. Also all of my friends hate it and completely decided to never ever buy it or get close to it, so...

I suggest taking a break instead of immediately deleting everything. I think most of us here had a period where the game felt more like a job rather than a fun experience. From what I've read a lot of regulars left a couple of weeks to several months to play some other games, but also a lot returned.

You should play a game because it is fun to do and awesome to share with friends, but if you feel those criteria are not met, a break might do you good. But in the end it is your decision.

Like Jinjo said, I'd recommend against deleting your character since it's only stored on Bungies servers and doesn't cost you anything to leave it alone in case you ever come back. Lots of people get burned out on Destiny, so if you're feeling that way just take an extended break and only play again if it actually sounds like fun. I've played every week since launch but the actual amount can vary a lot.

There's a lot more grinding to get to the end game but once you are high enough level to do raids you don't need to grind much at all. I avoid any bounty/grinding/chore stuff and only do stuff that's fun. I'd recommend trying to at least get one Vault run sometime, a YouTube video won't do it justice. The real fun is going on an adventure with a (hopefully) cool group of people.

I'm pulling a Ji66a and currently installing Destiny on my Xbone.

Managing 6 characters hype.

I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

Why would you delete your character and immediately sell the game? Just take a break and play other games if you want. Sell it if you want, but deleting you character is just a shame, as supposedly you can use that character all the way through the next 10 years with Destiny if you or your friends ever decide to pick up destiny 2 or maybe even 3.

I took a break, started having withdrawal while cleaning the backlog from the summer sales and then when I tried to go back to it after detox I felt like a complete idiot. I just don't want to fall for it again and try to replay it due to accumulated Nostalgia effect. Once the initial rush and craze passed I feel like having wasted my life on this.

phen0m24

I took a break, started having withdrawal while cleaning the backlog from the summer sales and then when I tried to go back to it after detox I felt like a complete idiot. I just don't want to fall for it again and try to replay it due to accumulated Nostalgia effect. Once the initial rush and craze passed I feel like having wasted my life on this.

Trust me Apple we ALL have gone through the exact same feelings. I have that and my mid life crisis every few weeks. They've tried to make the game less grindy, so what everyone is saying is valid - in that if Destiny 2 or a future expansion strikes your fancy you wouldn't have to start over. But hey it's your choice and I wish you the best.

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Titan is level 30 as of this morning, almost completely unlocked the defender subclass.... it's taking a while even with bounties and as much xp as I can pour into him.

Should be able to do his first ever nightfall today, aww they grow up so fast!

Nuszka

Good morning DGAF!

Titan is level 30 as of this morning, almost completely unlocked the defender subclass.... it's taking a while even with bounties and as much xp as I can pour into him.

Dude i want to be there , i want to see your titan do it the first time... NF i mean... or do i...

Ji66a-Man

I'm pulling a Ji66a and currently installing Destiny on my Xbone.

Managing 6 characters hype.

4179c7c8597416d68700ca1f1bea9b742f27d88accf20550abe749c2549dfb69.jpg

Might as well add me on there too.

Zoidberg

Good morning DGAF!

That avatar is the stuff of nightmares

noomi

Dude i want to be there , i want to see your titan do it the first time... NF i mean... or do i...

Be there! I'll be on after work, and maybe at our usual time... I think messiek still needs one as well.

He's been hooked on Heroes of the Storm though :p

That avatar is the stuff of nightmares

I have been "taken", all thanks to rodiard. He made an alternate one with the eyes glowing as well, but this one was just too good :D

The emote stuff didn't bother me at all, but this really robs me the wrong way. Awful, awful timing for Bungie as well.

It's super lame, but the quest is only "Red Bull exclusive" from TTK's release until the end of the year. It'll be available to everyone starting on Jan 1, 2016.

The emote stuff didn't bother me at all, but this really robs me the wrong way. Awful, awful timing for Bungie as well.

It's funny, similar feelings for me. The exclusive stuff in the more expensive Taken King package didn't bother (although i agree on it being a shitty practice) but reading this actually bothered me a bit... ugh

noomi

So this red bull quest... you get the code from a single can? Or the whole case of red bull?

I don't like that taste of red bull :|

noomi

What emote stuff? Didn't have time to read up on it.

There are emotes, class times, and a few extra goodies for people who pre-order the CE version of TTK.

The issue is the cost, and basically having to pay for content day 1 players already own.

Apparently Deej is supposed to address some of these concerns in tomorrow weekly update, lets see....

Will do.

Progress update.

Here's my hunter.

Nobody told him that blue gear went out of style about 7 months ago.

First PvP match went as expected.

It's good to be back.

PS.
My God the Xbone controller is so much better for FPS than the DS4

I'll add you next time I'm on!

noomi

Well, as much as I know it sucks....I can buy one can of red bull to get the code, I know that's not the point but still.

Either that or buy a code for $2 off of ebay.

it's disgusting that they actually limit a mission of the Taken King questline behind a Red Bull code and won't be available until JANUARY for non-drinkers/europeans :(

(will still get US gaffers to pick drinks up and post codes online right? These are probably bungie.net codes that should be region free and not PSN vouchers.)

it's disgusting that they actually limit a mission of the Taken King questline behind a Red Bull code and won't be available until JANUARY :(

(will still get US gaffers to pick drinks up and post codes online right? These are probably bungie.net codes that should be region free and not PSN vouchers.)

A lot of games do this actually!

If the codes are Bungie.net and region free I'll definitely help some of yall out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom