• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao I hate this game. Got on with 160 weapon parts, leave with only 2 left and still no perfect roll on my benevolence.

Got real close like 3 rolls in too, had HH, unflinching, QuickDraw, but I had Ambush and the other 5x scope instead of Shortgaze. Of course I had to keep rolling for the God-roll lol.

Fuck!

I can relate. Lost track of how many weapon parts I've spent rolling HB with no luck. Gotta be 300+ by now, easily. I did the "dismantle ToO weapon" grind once this week but I only got 122 parts for 25k glimmer (~30 min at GK CP), didn't feel worth it. I could dip more into my shard stash but really don't want to blow my savings already like some other folks I know :p

I can relate. Lost track of how many weapon parts I've spent rolling HB with no luck. Gotta be 300+ by now, easily. I did the "dismantle ToO weapon" grind once this week but I only got 122 parts for 25k glimmer (~30 min at GK CP), didn't feel worth it. I could dip more into my shard stash but really don't want to blow my savings already like some other folks I know :p

I always keep 3/4 re-rolls.

Trying for 4/4 is too expensive.

Rtas

I know its pretty much the standard attack for most people in the crucible now, but am I the only one who thinks its hilariously bad that if you've got a shotgun you can pretty much just slide to victory every time

HxmUcRo.jpg

Sucks that some of what I don't have yet is locked behind ps4 exclusivity :p

Nuszka

From another EG interview:
"We want you to experience The Undying Mind completely as it was with the Vex, and also in a Taken-ified version. We wanted to make it feel like more than last year's model.

PlayStation fans will have the option of new, tougher versions of the previously-exclusive strikes, while Xbox fans will get to play the old model and the new model."

This seems to me like a confirmation that old strikes and hopefully raids will be mixed up with new enemies, maybe a whole world change like in WoW, dream on...
Edit : link http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rms-when-sony-timed-exclusives-launch-on-xbox

ocean

Banned
Lmao I hate this game. Got on with 160 weapon parts, leave with only 2 left and still no perfect roll on my benevolence.

Got real close like 3 rolls in too, had HH, unflinching, QuickDraw, but I had Ambush and the other 5x scope instead of Shortgaze. Of course I had to keep rolling for the God-roll lol.

Fuck!
For what it's worth, I don't like Shortgaze at all. I do way better with Ambush. Make sure to try several out instead of just trusting arbitrary reddit tier lists!

I always keep 3/4 re-rolls.

Trying for 4/4 is too expensive.

True that. My standard operating procedure is to keep 3/4 rolls until I get a second copy of the gun then roll that into the ground. I've got one HB with SG+HH+UnF, another with SG+HH+QuickDraw/Inj Mold and a third one I keep rolling. I've already got nice rolls for a shotty, rocket launcher, HMG, hand cannon and scout rifle so a perfect HB is the last thing I care to roll.

This really makes me quite sad as a completionist

Some of them I'll probably never get... Like Rumble matches. But... There's some hefty value cards that are out of reach until September when those exclusive strikes unlock and also the 4 exotic weapons as well haha.

Ijustwantahawkmoonpls

"We want you to experience The Undying Mind completely as it was with the Vex, and also in a Taken-ified version. We wanted to make it feel like more than last year's model.

PlayStation fans will have the option of new, tougher versions of the previously-exclusive strikes, while Xbox fans will get to play the old model and the new model."

This seems to me like a confirmation that old strikes and hopefully raids will be mixed up with new enemies, maybe a whole world change like in WoW, dream on...
Edit : link http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rms-when-sony-timed-exclusives-launch-on-xbox

Oooooooo this is cool!!

The Red Bull thing is just dumb as fuck, but whatever.

Hey all just got back into Destiny this week via (re-purchasing the collectors addition on PSN 50% off), trying to find an active ps4 GAF clan to join(pref UK based), any ideas?

I'm level 25 warlock if that helps

The majority of people in this thread are on PS4, but everybody's in different clans at this point since they're mostly useless. Just post what you want to do here (like NF or VoG) and it shouldn't be too hard to find some people to help you.

I'm UK based myself, but I play at strange times.

Ikkarus

For what it's worth, I don't like Shortgaze at all. I do way better with Ambush. Make sure to try several out instead of just trusting arbitrary reddit tier lists!
I'm leaning more towards Ambush on snipers as well. It just seems to click more with me than Shortgaze does.

rNilla

I was going to make a joke about the Red Bull thing last night but I see I've been beaten by people who are actually upset about it... :/

Not sure if I deflected a rocket here as a bladedancer or going super gave me extra health to survive]

Like Lima said you can survive a rocket as a BD. You get a 2x defense buff while the super is active so it takes ~400 damage to kill you from full health. Any rocket including GHorn does 328 max for a direct hit, but then the Horn's WP rounds do enough damage to finish you off.

Kyne

The Red Bull thing is just dumb as fuck, but whatever.

The majority of people in this thread are on PS4, but everybody's in different clans at this point since they're mostly useless. Just post what you want to do here (like NF or VoG) and it shouldn't be too hard to find some people to help you.

I'm UK based myself, but I play at strange times.

Almost didn't recognize you.

I'll hook you up with a code fig. S'all good.

Like Lima said you can survive a rocket as a BD. You get a 2x defense buff while the super is active so it takes ~400 damage to kill you from full health. Any rocket including GHorn does 328 max for a direct hit, but then the Horn's WP rounds do enough damage to finish you off.

Hey driz, did you ever grind out those 1000 points for your Cipher?

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds great! Welcome change of things

hoggert

Have any of you have actually bought one of those extra XP promotional tie ins? I bought a 99c bag of Dorritos once for the additional COD:MW3 experience. It was certainly a life changing experience that was not meant to be ironic. I don't think I've ever had Red Bull outside a cocktail or hungover so I guess that will be a new and exciting experience for me and my opponents online and IRL.

Have any of you have actually bought one of those extra XP promotional tie ins? I bought a 99c bag of Dorritos once for the additional COD:MW3 experience. It was certainly a life changing experience that was not meant to be ironic. I don't think I've ever had Red Bull outside a cocktail or hungover so I guess that will be a new and exciting experience for me and my opponents online and IRL.

Back when Halo 4 launched and had those Doritos tie-ins - Walmart had a pricing mistake on the bulk boxes of Doritos and had them listed for $2.50 for the entire box (which contained 12 bags). I grabbed two boxes and walked out with 24 bags of Doritos for $5. The cashier was trying to say I couldn't but the Walmart manager confirmed that because some idiot priced the boxes themselves I was allowed to purchase them Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom