• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red bull just put out a teaser trailer for the promotion

tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Man, I played a bunch of doubles yesterday and this morning and I have to say that going up against 2 radiance warlocks is incredibly annoying. They all use the exact same build too where the melee gives them an overshield.

Trakan

The Red Bull stuff is a 50% xp boost that lasts for 30 minutes.

The Quest will be available to everyone on 1/1/16 if you don't want to buy any.

LiK

Man, I played a bunch of doubles yesterday and this morning and I have to say that going up against 2 radiance warlocks is incredibly annoying. They all use the exact same build too where the melee gives them an overshield.

I was playing ToO and I'm happy that the new shotties like Party Crasher can destroy them even with Overshield if you shoot them point blank. YOLO

bitsurugi

I'm also at work in Europe. Let's group up for a VoG tonight after work! I had one other person mentioned they were interested, fresh noob :) always makes the raids more fun when someone is discovering.

Let me know if you'd be available and lets get 3 more.

Gona be available in cca 2 hours from now, aprox at 5.30-6 PM, GMT (UK timezone).
Poke me if interested, psn is the same as GAF name.

noomi

A few questions from a nub titan about the Defender Subclass.

1. Which grenade to use? It seems the first one, with double explosions does the most dmg.

2. Which force barrier? Fast reload, create orbs on kills, force barrier recharges constantly?

3. Should I stack on armor, recovery, or agility? Keep them even across?

4. Increase bubble time or increase benefits?

OkayRene

I did finish it earlier this week but I actually have another one I could do if you were looking. It's my 4th so it'd just be a shard to add to the pile but at least it'd be out of the inventory.

Hey Drizz, don't forget about the PM I sent you. ;-)

1. Which grenade to use? It seems the first one, with double explosions does the most dmg.

2. Which force barrier? Fast reload, create orbs on kills, force barrier recharges.

3. Should i stack armor/recovery/agility? Keep them even across?

1. I like to use Magnetic grenades in almost all situations as Defender, except when fighting Hive. Suppressor grenades completely stop Wizards in their tracks and they don't have any abilities for a short period of time.

2. I like creating orbs to keep the chaining active.

3. I boost Armor and Agility. Recovery seems the least important.

4. I use increase benefits, no particular reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also at work in Europe. Let's group up for a VoG tonight after work! I had one other person mentioned they were interested, fresh noob :) always makes the raids more fun when someone is discovering.

Let me know if you'd be available and lets get 3 more.

I'm also Europe (UK). I'm a VoG noob and would love to play. 32 Warlock. PSN same as GAF.

Wish rando's would actually write a msg about what they want help with instead of spamming "Play Destiny" invites. I'm already playing Destiny and would be more inclined to help if I knew what I was getting into.

People are upset about a 3 month exclusive quest?

Did everyone just ignore all the mountain dew partnerships over the past 8 years? I don't understand why people are so upset.

Man, this past week has been super depressing.

I love me some Destiny, but I hate that not even a week after E3 I feel like I can't talk about it because everyone is up in a huff over stupid crap (stupid to me, I'm not trying to dismiss any arguments).

We should all be basking in the afterglow right now, not checking for STDs.

I guess I just have a problem with the way Bungie has been trickling information to us. Not just about Taken King, but all their DLC/Expansions in general. There is something about the way they do things that leaves me feeling very unsatisfied.

I dunno. I guess I feel like they should just hold out on new info longer if it means we can have all the info at once. Part of me wants to be excited about Taken King, but it's hard to when I don't know exactly what to be excited about.

After running Crota normal x3 since launch, a Swordbreaker finally dropped for me last night. I now have all weps from Crota.

Feels good, lol, but was shocked to finally see it on the screen.

i know dat feel, Ballerhorn finally dropped for me yesterday after 512 hours of playing since launch :D From Atheon no less, so it felt like an amazing victory

vctor182

I was wrong about praedyths timepiece. I've been leveling it up and I'm surprised how good it is, max stability with near max rate of fire and a big magazine. It kills very fast in crucible too if anyone has it vaulted take it for a spin you won't regret it!

Hey Drizz, don't forget about the PM I sent you. ;-)

1. I like to use Magnetic grenades in almost all situations as Defender, except when fighting Hive. Suppressor grenades completely stop Wizards in their tracks and they don't have any abilities for a short period of time.

2. I like creating orbs to keep the chaining active.

3. I boost Armor and Agility. Recovery seems the least important.

4. I use increase benefits, no particular reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For number 4. It depends on the situation.

Titan Bubble lasts 30 seconds, 45 with the duration perk.

Meanwhile the increase benefits means Blessing lasts 5 seconds longer when you step outside the bubble, and weapons do 35% bonus impact instead of 25% bonus impact.

I'm pretty sure those are in seperate columns, though. The trade off for bubble duration is where enemies attacking the bubble creates orbs.

How is this possible? I have no idea.

How dare Activision continue to promote Destiny with a product that video game players use! And they're going to give these people a quest that anyone can have three months later?? No other publisher has ever done something this terrible!

I am outraged.

Magnetic Grenade is the standard. Suppression grenades are fun and freak people the hell out.

2. Which force barrier? Fast reload, create orbs on kills, force barrier recharges constantly?

Punching is very situational. I like War Machine because I'll drop bubbles on yellow-bars or VIPs and melee/shotgun them to death. increased reload speed is nice. Unbreakable is a good option for PvP if you're using a very low ROF shotgun and need some damage in-between shots.

Generally, regardless of subclass, it's personal preference. I like Armor and Agility for normal Crucible, and for Crota's End. I do Armor and Recovery for Trials. Just play around with it.

Are you talking about the last column? I go for Untouchable, reduced cooldown, over Illuminated for Increased Benefits. The perk for Increased Bubble time is in another column, Bastion, and I definitely take it.

Here's my build for most situations.

I swap Blessing of Light and Weapons of Light for PvP, PvE respectively.

Edit: And this is the definitive guide to Titan Defenders:

"Stay The Fuck Out of My Bubble."

1. I run supressor. It's really annoying on pvp.

2. Making orbs while punching all the things is awesome.

3. For PVE Recovery > Armor > Agility. For PVP Armor > Agility > Recovery.

4. This depends on the situation. I usually run with reduced cooldown + increased benefits.

LiK

How dare Activision continue to promote Destiny with a product that video game players use! And they're going to give these people a quest that anyone can have three months later?? No other publisher has ever done something this terrible!

I am outraged.

The game lacks content already, so why not lock it behind more bullshit deals. You'd think maybe the TTK CE would include this.

ocean

Banned

1. Magnetic is a one hit kill if it sticks (except for max armor goat heads). It also makes Minotaurs cry. Suppressor can be clutch in a few very specific situations. It stops Captains from teleporting and Wizards from being total assholes. Still, Flashbangs on Strikers are the true "dude chill out" grenades.
2. Range is low enough that it doesn't matter too much. Making orbs doesn't feel generous enough to be worth it IMO.
4. Depends on the encounter. Generally speaking, benefits. Buffs damage by 35%. But some times you just need a long bubble for shelter like Skolas or Crota distraction.

Zoidberg

I guess I just have a problem with the way Bungie has been trickling information to us. Not just about Taken King, but all their DLC/Expansions in general. There is something about the way they do things that leaves me feeling very unsatisfied.

I dunno. I guess I feel like they should just hold out on new info longer if it means we can have all the info at once. Part of me wants to be excited about Taken King, but it's hard to when I don't know exactly what to be excited about.

I feel the same. Their presence at E3 was odd. I was expecting a full reveal of TTK, including all the content we can expect. Instead we were told a few things, and there were a few interviews with Luke and Deej where they were very careful what they said. I suppose they don't want to promise something and have to backtrack later on, but why go to E3 at all, and not reveal what they did in a weekly update with the ViDoc to accompany it?

Thanks for the quick 32 gentlemen.

Thanks for coming along!

Lnkn52

I feel the same. Their presence at E3 was odd. I was expecting a full reveal of TTK, including all the content we can expect. Instead we were told a few things, and there were a few interviews with Luke and Deej where they were very careful what they said. I suppose they don't want to promise something and have to backtrack later on, but why go to E3 at all, and not reveal what they did in a weekly update with the ViDoc to accompany it?

I can't wait for the documentary on the development of this game.

The game lacks content already, so why not lock it behind more bullshit deals. You'd think maybe the TTK CE would include this.

Activision has their own plans for marketing, the game needs to continue to sell. I'm disappointed that we'll have to wait a couple months to play it, but I'm not upset by it lol

LiK

Activision has their own plans for marketing, the game needs to continue to sell. I'm disappointed that we'll have to wait a couple months to play it, but I'm not upset by it lol

All they're doing with this deal is sell more Red Bulls to existing players who don't want to wait. Whether the game actually sells more is up in the air. "lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom