• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuszka

5xJis6X.png
hMCJpi7.jpg
khB8pTP.png

Choose wisely Panda...

evCFO2g.jpg
te2bU4S.jpg

Oooh yesssss.
Edit: On top of all takens.

Would anyone really be upset with new voice actors? Feel that's be better than never seeing characters again.

This is why I prefer no-name/in-house voice actors. Developers have so much more freedom to just have Bob from accounting who does a pretty decent job, record some new lines for the next DLC pack.

PvP experts, I have a sniper rifle question for you.

Trying to figure out if I should re-roll my Her Benevolence, or just keep my Y-09 Longbow - it has Shortgaze, Rodeo, Perfect Balance/Field Scout, Final Round. Is Her Benevolence really that good?

Deku Tree

BungieHelp: Reminder that we'll be taking Destiny offline starting at 10AM PDT today for planned maintenance. We anticipate 1 hour of downtime.

Shito

Brace yourself and complete as many weekly activites as you can today, for tomorrow PSN is going down...

Ater a lot of hard work from the team at Evolution Studios, I’m pleased to announce that we are making the Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition available to all PlayStation Plus members starting on Thursday, 25th June.

Rubenov

PvP experts, I have a sniper rifle question for you.

Trying to figure out if I should re-roll my Her Benevolence, or just keep my Y-09 Longbow - it has Shortgaze, Rodeo, Perfect Balance/Field Scout, Final Round. Is Her Benevolence really that good?
That Y-09 is top tier don't worry about it.

phen0m24

It's going to be a long fucking time before I ever switch away from my messenger.

I'm collecting them now.

I have
  • Kinetic
  • Arc
  • Void
Just missing the sol to complete them all.

I know what you're thinking... Why bother with Kinetic? Well, someone posted a screenshot of an armor perk reducing void damage during E3. If that shit can possibly make it's way into PvP, then I'm going to have a basic Kinetic weapon just in case.

I approve of this post.

Frenden

Banned
I have a Prudence II with Shortgaze and Ambush, Spray and Play, Perfect Balance, and Firefly.

Not the absolute best rolls, but it's still my favorite PvP sniper. I have LGH with all the tier one perks x2 and a couple of Her Benevolences, but Prudence still feels the best to me. That AA.

Frenden

Banned
You're right. It was such a riveting way of story exposition it must have completely slipped my mind.

With all that HoW did right, story mission structure wise, the method of narrative in those missions was pretty bad.

The whole voiceovers for everything thing is pretty crap. I hope TK will have actual cinematics. It'd be a nice change of pace.

|OT◇25|Please shoot the Messenger

In honor of that awesome weapon being for sale last week. Everyone should take a chance at using that weapon if they haven't already.

With all that HoW did right, story mission structure wise, the method of narrative in those missions was pretty bad.

The whole voiceovers for everything thing is pretty crap. I hope TK will have actual cinematics. It'd be a nice change of pace.

The intros and interruptions were great. But the climax fell a little flat in-game. There was a pretty cool climax in the grimoire, but obviously that's a pretty dumb thing to do.

For those curios:
Skolas basically got mind-fucked by the vex gate tech and was speaking near-gibberish after he was caught. He just kept repeating "Light-Snuffer, Dark-Bringer" over and over again. The queen determined he was useless at this point, and give him to Variks for his usual Trial by Combat system.

Frenden

Banned
|OT◇25|Please shoot the Messenger

In honor of that awesome weapon being for sale last week. Everyone should take a chance at using that weapon if they haven't already.

I keep harping on it, but Hopscotch Pilgrim with a stability upgrade has max stability, better ADS/handling, more AA, and a bigger magazine (IIRC). And rerollable perks.

Definitely grind Dragon strikes for a couple if you can stomach it.

I keep harping on it, but Hopscotch Pilgrim with a stability upgrade has max stability, better ADS/handling, more AA, and a bigger magazine (IIRC). And rerollable perks.

Definitely grind Dragon strikes for a couple if you can stomach it.

Do Pulse rifles have a stat for pulse speed?

Like, Red Death has a faster rate of fire than the Messenger, but I personally feel like it takes longer to shoot 1 pulse from Red Death, than it does the Messenger. Number won't be accurate, but something like

Messenger - 0.2 seconds between 1st and 3rd bullet.
Red Death - 0.6 seconds between 1st and 3rd bullet.

I think this is why I cannot stand Red Death, because the pulse time seems to take longer, and thus becomes less accurate.

Frenden

Banned
Do Pulse rifles have a stat for pulse speed?

Like, Red Death has a faster rate of fire than the Messenger, but I personally feel like it takes longer to shoot 1 pulse from Red Death, than it does the Messenger. Number won't be accurate, but something like

Messenger - 0.6 seconds between 1st and 3rd bullet.
Red Death - 0.9 seconds between 1st and 3rd bullet.

I think this is why I cannot stand Red Death, because the pulse time seems to take longer, and thus becomes less accurate.

I'm not sure I've seen mention of it in the spreadsheets that everyone references, but I kinda feel the same thing there. And that's why I like HP and Messenger more than Red Death or Spare Change (the latter has a weird up and to the left recoil pattern that you pretty much need to roll Counterbalance on to make a nice, vertical line of burst--I have two of those with Counterbalance and they were unusable without it, eating a perk slot).

Yeah. I've got Hopscotches with Outlaw, Stability++ (forget the name of the perk), and Reactive Reload, and one with Spray and Play, Stability++, and Headseaker. Both are beasts.

I really want a roll with Third Eye, Stability, and Hidden Hand. That's why I'm grinding for a third. I don't want to lose these rolls.

I have a Spare Change with Third Eye, Stability++, and Counterbalance that is pretty useable too.

Honorable mention: 55A Allfate. It's the slightly lower impact tier and it requires all bullets to land for a two burst kill, but with HH and a stability upgrade it's a fucking laser. Has a lower TTK than almost all pulses and is right up there with Stranger's Rifle in that impact tier.

The Queen pulse is the only pulse with it's RoF and impact tier in the game and has a very unique feel. It's a weird outlier that statistically has a higher TTK than many others, but has super high AA and still kills in two bursts. It feels really good despite the math not working in its favor. I have one with Third Eye, Stability, and Hidden Hand and it melts. It might be my favorite non-Messenger/Hopscotch pulse.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Ok, so I'm fairly new to Destiny (leveled a Titan to 10 at launch, quit, now I'm starting again and have a level 5 Hunter) and I have a couple questions that have been nagging at me.

1) When on low level patrol in the Cosmodrome, I have beacons that send me through that area where you kill your first Archon in the main quest line, only now in that room is a ?? level crazy Queen-something mob with dual swords that kills me with one hit, making me have to run through there to get to my low level beacon patrol quest. Why????

2) Also while on patrol in said Cosmodrome, I see level 32-34 peeps out and about, murdering the low level Dregs and shit. Why exactly? Just trying to understand the reasoning...

Deku Tree

I wanted a HP and I grinned some Dragon Strikes and I didn't get one... and then I got a Messenger and I said to myself this is probably good enough.

I'd love to have a HP with a great roll but I don't have the time to grind Dragon Strikes ATM. Maybe I'd do it on a speed run GAF train but nobody seems to be doing that these days.

Frenden

Banned
I wanted a HP and I grinned some Dragon Strikes and I didn't get one... and then I got a Messenger and I said to myself this is probably good enough.

I'd love to have a HP with a great roll but I don't have the time to grind Dragon Strikes ATM. Maybe I'd do it on a speed run GAF train but nobody seems to be doing that these days.

Add me if you haven't--I actually really, really like grinding strikes. Mindless fun to shotgun all the things.

Shito

I try to grind some once I have all of my weekly content done, usually by Sunday or Monday.
Did something like 20 strikes already, and only saw legendary drops on the first one, not even one ever since. Got a dupe MIDA out of one of them, though...

Ok, so I'm fairly new to Destiny (leveled a Titan to 10 at launch, quit, now I'm starting again and have a level 5 Hunter) and I have a couple questions that have been nagging at me.

1) When on low level patrol in the Cosmodrome, I have beacons that send me through that area where you kill your first Archon in the main quest line, only now in that room is a ?? level crazy Queen-something mob with dual swords that kills me with one hit, making me have to run through there to get to my low level beacon patrol quest. Why????

2) Also while on patrol in said Cosmodrome, I see level 32-34 peeps out and about, murdering the low level Dregs and shit. Why exactly? Just trying to understand the reasoning...

Players scale down to the enemies they attack.

When killing at level 5 dreg, a level 8 guardian and a level 28 guardian are going to do the exact same damage.

Regarding the first issue, that's part of a new world event specific to house of wolves. Best bet is to just avoid them for the time being. Think of it like standard MMO stuff, you just aren't high enough level to take on that area. Either try to run through it, or go explore in a different direction until later.

From another EG interview:
"We want you to experience The Undying Mind completely as it was with the Vex, and also in a Taken-ified version. We wanted to make it feel like more than last year's model.

PlayStation fans will have the option of new, tougher versions of the previously-exclusive strikes, while Xbox fans will get to play the old model and the new model."

This seems to me like a confirmation that old strikes and hopefully raids will be mixed up with new enemies, maybe a whole world change like in WoW, dream on...
Edit : link http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rms-when-sony-timed-exclusives-launch-on-xbox

This I really like. I was curious to see if they'd be remixing Strikes in some way. Hopefully it's more than just Taken in the same old strikes and they've added some other mechanics in the mix. We'll see.

05ug8Ay.jpg

That wording about Destiny Players paying for premium content being the default. UGH

THIS can FUCK RIGHT OFF. Ugh. How insulting.
Double exp is whatever, but a quest? Probably won't even be in Canada.

Deku Tree

Add me if you haven't--I actually really, really like grinding strikes. Mindless fun to shotgun all the things.

Sure add me. My PSN is in my profile. I don't see your PSN anywhere if you are on PS4.

I try to grind some once I have all of my weekly content done, usually by Sunday or Monday.
Did something like 20 strikes already, and only saw legendary drops on the first one, not even one since. Got a dupe MIDA out of one of them, though...

Yeah someone on reddit ran a bunch of Dragon strikes and collected the stats and decided you have a 30% chance to get a legendary from a Dragon strike. If you have an equal chance of getting armor or weapons... then you have to run around 30-50 dragon strikes on average to expect to get the one thing that is exactly what you want like a HP pulse rifle. Unless you get lucky. Seems like a waste of time when the messenger is already almost exactly the same. I'd do better in PvP by working on my PvP skills with the Messenger rather than grinding for a HP and then re-rolling it until it's perfect.

Nuszka

BungieHelp: Reminder that we'll be taking Destiny offline starting at 10AM PDT today for planned maintenance. We anticipate 1 hour of downtime.

Maintenance or not i will play destiny. Wife just went to work and you tell me i will not be able to, do not think so.
Edit : got 1 minute , 1 minute of playtime

phen0m24

1) Just sprint past. That Captain is a bounty target from Petra in the Reef. Run past him until you get to the Divide, which I believe is where your bounty target is.

2) There are bounties given by the bounty bot for earth patrols, as well as other bounties involving killing a number of enemies without taking damage, etc. It is easier to get those done on low level enemies, which many in the Cosmodrome are. :)

Besaide

Hmmm, I really like spare change but if Hopscotch pilgrim is better I might have to get to grinding some strikes. Doesn't hurt to be on the Bad Juju bounty as well I suppose.

Even though all I do is mostly crucible I still haven't tried out ToO yet for the messenger. One of these days though...

Frenden

Banned
Hmmm, I really like spare change but if Hopscotch pilgrim is better I might have to get to grinding some strikes. Doesn't hurt to be on the Bad Juju bounty as well I suppose.

Even though all I do is mostly crucible I still haven't tried out ToO yet for the messenger. One of these days though...

PSN is same as username. I have Deku added already it looks like. Happy to grind with y'all.

Hopscotch has better handling, higher AA, a better recoil pattern, and a bigger mag (30!).

Agent

I've wasted so many Motes of Light trying for a good roll on the Her Benevolence. Seeing mention of the Y-09 Longbow Synthesis made me look at the one I ascended and forgot about. It has Shortgaze/Ambush, Unflinching, Field Scout, Final Round. The rate of fire and impact are the same and it has a little more stability. QuickDraw would be better in the middle tree, but overall it seems like I may have wasted a boatload of Motes.

Just got the boot from the servers as well.

This I really like. I was curious to see if they'd be remixing Strikes in some way. Hopefully it's more than just Taken in the same old strikes and they've added some other mechanics in the mix. We'll see.

I wonder if it's just a way to get the Taken more exposure.

Like, right now we have

Devil's Lair - Fallen/Hive
Summoning Pits - Hive
The Nexus - Fallen/Vex
Cerberus Vae III - Cabal
Winter's Run - Fallen/Vex
Dust Palace - Cabal
Will of Crota - Fallen/Hive
Undying Mind - Vex
Shadow Theif - Fallen/Hive

Tallied up thats
  • Fallen - 5
  • Hive - 4
  • Vex - 3
  • Cabal - 2

I can see Bungie trying to play Catch-up a bit by adding more Cabal and more Taken strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom