• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

I must be out of the loop, what is with the glowing eye fad Rodiard is pushing?

I'm no pusher.

jGg1WGt.gif

Trakan

The Queen pulse is the only pulse with it's RoF and impact tier in the game and has a very unique feel. It's a weird outlier that statistically has a higher TTK than many others, but has super high AA and still kills in two bursts. It feels really good despite the math not working in its favor. I have one with Third Eye, Stability, and Hidden Hand and it melts. It might be my favorite non-Messenger/Hopscotch pulse.

Hmm? The Queen's pulse has the same impact/rof as Stranger's/55A-Allfate.

Frenden

Banned
Hmm? The Queen's pulse has the same impact/rof as Stranger's/55A-Allfate.

No, I think. It has the slower RoF of guns like the Messenger but the impact of guns like the Allfate. Some datamining reported it incorrectly (I think that's what I read on Reddit/CruciblePlaybook). Compare the guns ingame and you can see the bars are off from either of the main archetypes.

Some sites report the impact as 37, but others report it as 14. I think some sites are using the pre-HoW Queen's bounty stats:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/67230518-payment-vi

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Payment_VI

GhaleonEB

Neato, wonder what they are doing this time around. Guessing more PoE balancing, given the "adjustments to player experience" wording. I've been impressed at how they've been tweaking things so quickly.

Trakan

No. It has the slower RoF of guns like the Messenger but the impact of guns like the Allfate. Some datamining reported it incorrectly (I think that's what I read on Reddit/CruciblePlaybook). Compare the guns ingame and you can see the bars are off from either of the main archetypes.

Some sites report the impact as 37, but others report it as 14. I think some sites are using the pre-HoW Queen's bounty stats:

http://www.destinydb.com/items/67230518-payment-vi

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Payment_VI

Interesting. Slower ROF and less impact sounds bad though. I'll try to re-roll one when it's back up from maintenance.

Looking at the redbull quest I think it is probably just a dumb bounty like the one with Eris Morn and the urn. The reward will likely be equally useless as well.

Frenden

Banned
Interesting. Slower ROF and less impact sounds bad though. I'll try to re-roll one when it's back up from maintenance.

That's the thing--it sounds awful. But with the higher AA I found I really dug it. It's a weird little beast and I think only SOME folks will really gel with it. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about the gun, but it's definitely unique among pulse rifles which bears some prodding.

I have near-perfect perks on mine which may sway things a bit too.

Trakan

That's the thing--it sounds awful. But with the higher AA I found I really dug it. It's a weird little beast and I think only SOME folks will really gel with it.

I have near-perfect perks on mine which may sway things a bit too.

What do you recommend on the lower impact pulses? Usually I go for a reload perk, headseeker, and braced frame.

Indeed haha.

Last chance for loot is to get a judgements chance from 32/34 PoE cores.

Last two chances gave me the same rocket launcher yesterday :p

Is that the one with Void, no tracking or proximity detonation? Bungie, pls.

He's really a pushover - little yappy dogs bully him at the par. When he's behind the fence "guarding" our house, or if you have a beard, or if you mess with his blanky is the only time you'll see the monster

Note to self: Shave if you ever go visit Hung Wei Lo.

Whoa, there will be a patch/notes today?

Yay!

The one with thorns of shotguns in your side.

Thorns and shotguns aren't used how they were intended.

The Thorns dot has been buffed to 15 damage per dot and it's precision damage has been buffed by 75%. Thorn was intended to be a one shot headshot. We've also increased its hip firing ability by giving it the full auto and stability of the TLW.

Shotguns nerf to its range was too severe. We're bumping up its range by 200%. Gives shotguns a chance against snipers and scout rifles at range.

DeeJ, out.

EL CUCO

Destiny Hot Fix - 06/24/2015
1.2.0.4 - The one about Passage Coins and Demo weapons

This update to Destiny makes two small adjustments to the way Passage Coins are distributed in Trials of Osiris and how weapons behave as players migrate from the Destiny Demo to the full version of the game. Pardon our dust!

Weapons
-Adjusted the 402 Attack Rating for weapons acquired in the Destiny Demo down to the proper value of 365

Trials of Osiris
-Removed Passage Coins from the Lighthouse reward chest
-Added a chance for Passage Coins to be awarded after match losses
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13078

Frenden

Banned
What do you recommend on the lower impact pulses? Usually I go for a reload perk, headseeker, and braced frame.

I think I read that headseeker won't buff the lower guys enough to change the TTK, but I can't remember for sure.

I have Outlaw, a stability or reload buff, and Hidden Hand on mine. I think having the bigger hitbox for the head is just as important, if not moreso, than the extra ~30% (?) headseeker damage or the ~6% damage boost from a glass half full roll. The lower impact guys have to land all shots to kill in two bursts either way, I think.

This update to Destiny makes two small adjustments to the way Passage Coins are distributed in Trials of Osiris and how weapons behave as players migrate from the Destiny Demo to the full version of the game. Pardon our dust!

Weapons
-Adjusted the 402 Attack Rating for weapons acquired in the Destiny Demo down to the proper value of 365

Trials of Osiris

The passage coins. That's a terrible change.

Weapons

Trials of Osiris

I want 402 attack rating...

Mindlog

I'd really like to know when I pass the threshold for more discarded planetary materials after "House of Wolves" than farmed materials before "The Dark Below."
I keep harping on it, but Hopscotch Pilgrim with a stability upgrade has max stability, better ADS/handling, more AA, and a bigger magazine (IIRC). And rerollable perks.

Definitely grind Dragon strikes for a couple if you can stomach it.
I've seen it drop once. Been chasing it for a while. I like Pulse Rifles.
Even unupgraded it feels like Messanger has higher AA or headseeking rounds than Three Little Words. Can't really put nail down why.

Oryx is basically Harbinger.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've wasted so many Motes of Light trying for a good roll on the Her Benevolence. Seeing mention of the Y-09 Longbow Synthesis made me look at the one I ascended and forgot about. It has Shortgaze/Ambush, Unflinching, Field Scout, Final Round. The rate of fire and impact are the same and it has a little more stability. QuickDraw would be better in the middle tree, but overall it seems like I may have wasted a boatload of Motes.

Just got the boot from the servers as well.

That Longbow is near perfect. It's ridiculous how good Final Round is in crucible. I almost feel guilty using it.

Deku Tree

Weapons

Trials of Osiris

The first time I read that I thought you were trolling... then i saw it on b.net.... why would they remove passage coins from the LH reward chest? I had no idea the destiny demo gave out 402 attack weapons either...

Jinjo

Weapons

Trials of Osiris

AR buff dreams destroyed.

Thanks Cuco

The first time I read that I thought you were trolling... then i saw it on b.net.... why would they remove passage coins from the LH reward chest? I had no idea the destiny demo gave out 402 attack weapons either...

and applying this requires an hour or more of downtime for all players? It's not just an .cfg file they rewrite on the servers? :D

402 is interesting, and still fits in with my 5% bonus to damage value for every level. They were basically level 36 weapons.

As for the coins, I don't mind it. For those that can reach the chest, we're swimming in coins anyway. You already get like 12 of them just from Brother Vance's packages.

SgtCobra

Weapons

Trials of Osiris
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13078
No Thorn nerf, no auto rifle buff.

Still not gonna play it then :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom