• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Ingameadvertising.gif

Red Bull headbands
Red Bull faction
Red Bull Inferno hyper game mode

The cynic in me says that the Nepalese shader and the Red Bull shader will be slight tweaks of each other given the similar color schemes. :p

go5yloP.jpg

it was described as a six phase unique mission.

Yeah that's how that Urn quest was. Phase one buy urn from Xur, phase 2 kill special knights in patrol, phase 3 kill hallowed thrall, and so on.

It might be actually new content but considering they made you do two strikes by going backwards in TDB I doubt they'd invest much time in a Red Bull promotion

The cynic in me says that the Nepalese shader and the Red Bull shader will be slight tweaks of each other given the similar color schemes. :p

Which are already slight tweaks of every Crucible shader already in the game.

Every Crucible shader is some combination of Blue, Orange, and White.

Nepal shadow is some combination of Red, Blue, and White. Which also happens to be Red Bull's color scheme.

Namikaze1

CISBk5fUYAAVNOM.png:orig

Not the best at this shit as you can see. Then again, I'm drunk as hell. (Fuck you Riddler! Fuck you and your riddles and trophies!)

Anyway, I shall free you all from Oryx!

If I die, none of you better steal my exotics, Fatebringer, and Black Hammer.

I shall not be taken!

EL CUCO

The first time I read that I thought you were trolling... then i saw it on b.net.... why would they remove passage coins from the LH reward chest? I had no idea the destiny demo gave out 402 attack weapons either...
Haha yeah I went back to add the link, just incase anybody thought those weird patch notes were fake.
AR buff dreams destroyed.

Thanks Cuco
The Taken King will revitalize our AR's!
Believe.

Frenden

Banned
Which are already slight tweaks of ever Crucible shader already in the game.

Every Crucible shader is some combination of Blue, Orange, and White.

Nepal shadow is some combination of Red, Blue, and White. Which also happens to be Red Bull's color scheme.

Yeah. Having Gilgamesh flashbacks just thinking about it.

Yeah that's how that Urn quest was. Phase one buy urn from Xur, phase 2 kill special knights in patrol, phase 3 kill hallowed thrall, and so on.

It might be actually new content but considering they made you do two strikes by going backwards in TDB I doubt they'd invest much time in a Red Bull promotion

true, guess we will have to wait and see :/ sucks though that as Destiny is so light on content, that a part of it, any part of playable content gets locked behind a sponsorship deal.

WipedOut

Future

I expect the same amount of of investment as that special bounty reef mission. Reuse some area. No voice acting. Some captain or existing enemy with a special name. xP only no unique loot

true, guess we will have to wait and see :/ sucks though that as Destiny is so light on content, that a part of it, any part of playable content gets locked behind a sponsorship deal.

Yeah it's very annoying especially with the PR debacle they are already facing. I'd much prefer double exp and a silver, red, and blue shader, or a class item that gives your character wings.

Always reusing assets. Did they lose their creative art guys? is that why they can't come up with better weapons and more stylish gear?

Huh? Have you watched the Rooster Teeth video with Luke Smith?

He mentions how they're going to start using weapon manufacturing schemes.

Like, if SUROS was a real company, they'd have a similar style about them for all their weapons. In the videos at E3 we can see SUROS pulse rifles and Rocket Launchers.

He said something similar with Hakke and Omicron (Not sure on that one. It's the makers of Hard Light).

I went to my local 7-11 and it's not one of the lucky few that have the stuff early. If I can, when they do hit, I'll buy a bunch extra to give to the out of country folks here.

That's awesome of you. Respect.

I wonder if it's just a way to get the Taken more exposure.

Like, right now we have

Devil's Lair - Fallen/Hive
Summoning Pits - Hive
The Nexus - Fallen/Vex
Cerberus Vae III - Cabal
Winter's Run - Fallen/Vex
Dust Palace - Cabal
Will of Crota - Fallen/Hive
Undying Mind - Vex
Shadow Theif - Fallen/Hive

Tallied up thats
  • Fallen - 5
  • Hive - 4
  • Vex - 3
  • Cabal - 2

I can see Bungie trying to play Catch-up a bit by adding more Cabal and more Taken strikes.

Sure. There was one section, though, in the ViDoc that had players fighting Taken in one of the "fuel pods" on top of the Colony ship at the end of the Devil's Lair Strike. I'm curious if that may be part of a remixed Taken version of the Strike or if it's just a new Strike or story mission:

cvNExNq.jpg

FpIRGBx.jpg

IwEhvwS.jpg

xTsCDTI.jpg

VJ3eqfg.jpg

X9FpHlS.jpg

EsW0i3B.jpg

CISBk5fUYAAVNOM.png:orig

Not the best at this shit as you can see. Then again, I'm drunk as hell. (Fuck you Riddler! Fuck you and your riddles and trophies!)

Anyway, I shall free you all from Oryx!

If I die, none of you better steal my exotics, Fatebringer, and Black Hammer.

I shall not be taken!

Too late!

MuyT6oj.png

Rubenov

Good players that use coins may eventually run out of them (unless Crucible grinding is involved). Should've gone only with the "chance to drop after losing a match"

Sure. There was one section, though, in the ViDoc that had players fighting Taken in one of the "fuel pods" on top of the Colony ship at the end of the Devil's Lair Strike. I'm curious if that may be part of a remixed Taken version of the Strike or if it's just a new Strike or story mission:

cvNExNq.jpg

FpIRGBx.jpg

IwEhvwS.jpg

xTsCDTI.jpg

VJ3eqfg.jpg

X9FpHlS.jpg

EsW0i3B.jpg

Dat. Skybox.

:3 :3 :3

Frenden

Banned
Destiny Regrets

• Sharding my two "extra" Prudence II's a long time ago.
  • Never getting the Titan helm from the Vanguard that looked like a skull.

cvNExNq.jpg

FpIRGBx.jpg

IwEhvwS.jpg

xTsCDTI.jpg

VJ3eqfg.jpg

X9FpHlS.jpg

EsW0i3B.jpg
That looks so good.

WipedOut

Huh? Have you watched the Rooster Teeth video with Luke Smith?

He mentions how they're going to start using weapon manufacturing schemes.

Like, if SUROS was a real company, they'd have a similar style about them for all their weapons. In the videos at E3 we can see SUROS pulse rifles and Rocket Launchers.

He said something similar with Hakke and Omicron (Not sure on that one. It's the makers of Hard Light).

Have not seen it, link?

A lot of pictures

I can't remember where it's at, but relating to this mission, there was a clip of guardians running through Sepik's Lair, except there is a fallen beam that goes across the water, and the door on the side is open.

I'd say mission material, likely.

Attack on titan...so good. When does the next season come out?

Thought I read somewhere in 2016...:(
Everytime I get excited but everytime it turns out to be a slightly different recap of S01.

Sooo now I have to actually lose to get my coins, instead of getting the refund from the Mercury chest...

Destiny Hot Fix - 06/24/2015
1.2.0.4 - The one about Passage Coins and Demo weapons

This update to Destiny makes two small adjustments to the way Passage Coins are distributed in Trials of Osiris and how weapons behave as players migrate from the Destiny Demo to the full version of the game. Pardon our dust!

Weapons
-Adjusted the 402 Attack Rating for weapons acquired in the Destiny Demo down to the proper value of 365

Trials of Osiris
-Removed Passage Coins from the Lighthouse reward chest
-Added a chance for Passage Coins to be awarded after match losses
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13078

wAZMaNq.gif

Why? Why even do that?

THANK YOU. Finally someone who promotes fuckin water. This is brilliant.

Have not seen it, link?

https://youtu.be/r5sgwjfVof0

wAZMaNq.gif

Why? Why even do that?

Supply and Demand.

Everytime I get excited but everytime it turns out to be a slightly different recap of S01.

Sooo now I have to actually lose to get my coins, instead of getting the refund from the Mercury chest...

You were getting your "refund" and then some from Vance's packages. Chest was overkill.

zewone

Supply and Demand?

Higher end players are flooded in coins currently.

Doesn't everyone get up in arms when the worst players or losing team in PVP are the ones who get legendary/exotic drops?

Rewarding bad players and removing rewards for good players seems ridiculous.

So now I'll have fewer coins because I play well so I shouldn't be able to afford boons?

Ass backwards.

Mindlog

Who will free you from Oryx's control then? One of us must stand and fight!
BNuR8pB.png

Trials of Osiris
-Removed Passage Coins from the Lighthouse reward chest
-Added a chance for Passage Coins to be awarded after match losses
I know what they're going for, but doesn't that subvert the entire point of passage coins? It's a well intentioned change, but I don't like it. You play Crucible to get coins and then use them in Trials. Maybe it will stack Trials with bad teams farming for coins.

Yo dude, sorry I missed this. Was doing a little PvP with Grim, EJ and Hyster before Destiny booted us. I'll be around a bit later.

No worries, I'll be back tomorrow, gonna go to bed soon.

2016...so late :(

Yeah I don't get it, why remove the coins? Just reduce them in number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom