• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I dont get is, who asked for the coin patch?
Ive never heard this mentioned ever. Was there a loot problem I was unaware of?
where there alot of voiced complaints about not getting enuogh coins?
and why did they think it should effect the palyers getting to Murcury?

Bungie appernelty has some secret visionf or this game that is not overly appernent to the players. let us in on yopur vision bungie, let us know your thinking, otherwise we just wonder around confused by your decisions.

panicmy8.gif

Somehow Iv learned how not to give a fuck about any of this stuff that's happened. Makes playing the game more enjoyable.

Tho Crota will always make me salty.

Amen.

I wonder what the Cabal our running from. If it's not the Hive not the Vex.

Scary ._.

The Cabal are fleeing The Darkness. Some are mistakenly linking Oryx to being The Darkness or part of it... But he's actually just a servant of the Darkness to be more accurate. The Hive in general are slaves to what they worship... And slaves to what drove the Cabal from their homeworld(s). The bulbous bastards didn't come looking for a fight with us, at least, not at first. But when they encroached on Mars and started claiming it for their own and seizing artifacts and technologies... Well... Two wars were ignited- one between the Cabal and the Vex, and the other between The Cabal and humanity.

What I dont get is, who asked for the coin patch?
Ive never heard this mentioned ever. Was there a loot problem I was unaware of?
where there alot of voiced complaints about not getting enuogh coins?
and why did they think it should effect the palyers getting to Murcury?

Bungie appernelty has some secret visionf or this game that is not overly appernent to the players. let us in on yopur vision bungie, let us know your thinking, otherwise we just wonder around confused by your decisions.

People wanted Bungie to make getting to the Lighthouse more accessible.

So they nerfed it for good players. Now even less people will get there!
(without grinding)
Everyone's happy.
The Cabal are fleeing The Darkness. Some are mistakenly linking Oryx to being The Darkness or part of it... But he's actually just a servant of the Darkness to be more accurate. The Hive in general are slaves to what they worship... And slaves to what drove the Cabal from their homeworld(s). The bulbous bastards didn't come looking for a fight with us, at least, not at first. But when they encroached on Mars and started claiming it for their own and seizing artifacts and technologies... Well... A War was ignited.

Isn't Oryx just one of a number of his kind, too? Like "council" of god-kings/queens or something. I remember it being said somewhere that Oryx had multiple sons, too.

JonCha

come on up, then, we are waiting :)

Still one slot free !

1) mcz117chief (psn mcz2345)
2) CREMSteve
3)
4) Itsjoncharles
5) mil6es
6) Kojirospath

Sorry - joining now.

I don't have a mic but I've done this a couple of times so I should be fine. As long as you don't give me the relic I'm good.

The Cabal are fleeing The Darkness. Some are mistakenly linking Oryx to being The Darkness or part of it... But he's actually just a servant of the Darkness to be more accurate. The Hive in general are slaves to what they worship... And slaves to what drove the Cabal from their homeworld(s). The bulbous bastards didn't come looking for a fight with us, at least, not at first. But when they encroached on Mars and started claiming it for their own and seizing artifacts and technologies... Well... A War was ignited.
Well it doesn't out right say its only the Darkness.
The Ghost also mentions a device that appeared to alter a planet, speculating it could be their home. This is unlikely, seeing as it appears all contact with their home as been lost. It then goes on to speculate about the purpose of the Cabal, ultimately coming to the conclusion that the Cabal, for all their might, are running. Running from the Darkness, from their own people, from something else. If something has the Cabal - a species so heavily militarised they have minimal security for lack of fear of invasion - running, we should fear it too.

But whatever The Darkness is. It's not something that should be trifled with.

People wanted Bungie to make getting to the Lighthouse more accessible.

So they nerfed it for good players. Now even less people will get there!
(without grinding)
Everyone's happy.

Isn't Oryx just one of a number of his kind, too? Like "council" of god-kings/queens or something. I remember it being said somewhere that Oryx had multiple sons, too.

Yes. Oryx is one of a handful of Hive "gods", and Crota was only one of his sons, from what can be gathered in the grimoire so far.

Well it doesn't out right say its only the Darkness.

But whatever The Darkness is. It's not something that should be trifled with.

True... And we don't really know "what" The Darkness actually is or what it's made up of. Just strong speculation as to that being what the Cabal is running from, as they also originate from outside our Solar System.

Lee

The bulbous bastards didn't come looking for a fight with us, at least, not at first. But when they encroached on Mars and started claiming it for their own and seizing artifacts and technologies... Well... Two wars were ignited- one between the Cabal and the Vex, and the other between The Cabal and humanity.

I feel like, whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars.

Great thanks man. I have also been watching some good YouTube vids, so I'll do both to have a better understanding.

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/

is also a great site.

Reddit for how much I dsilike it always has some sort of discussion on Lore and it's usually pretty good.

Like here on the cabal.

And lots of YouTube vids too like the one above.

Yeah every Thursday there's a Lore megathread on the subreddit. It's usually pretty fascinating.

raindoc

Yikes. Rough week for Destiny. Three threads over in Gaming filled with hate and venom. Destiny subreddit is virtually unreadable.

This is the only safe haven left. I feel like a fucking leper for not being outraged by everything going on.

Hold me close.

Finally got the fatebringer. Field scout or explosive rounds?

Field scout! ER will mess up your firefly/outlaw proc sometimes.

Yikes. Rough week for Destiny. Three threads over in Gaming filled with hate and venom. Destiny subreddit is virtually unreadable.

This is the only safe haven left. I feel like a fucking leper for not being outraged by everything going on.

Hold me close.

its hard not getting outraged on the internet, hold firm. were here for you

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm so fucking mad right now...

2,00 USD for a can of Red Bull at a gas station? Even the fucking drinks are cheaper over there? I don't care about your silly oil wars and deals with the Saudis, but my country invented that fucking drink and I can't get a can under 2,something € around here. Fuck this, I'll never drink Red Bull again. Ever!

jk
Red Bull was invented in Thailand.

zewone

Hold me close.

I don't care about emotes and Red Bull missions, but then they started messing with my coins...

7P115ed.jpg

Admodieus

We're still looking for two more for VoG HM at 7 PM Eastern, with a possible CE HM afterwards.

1) Southwark (PSN: Admodieus)
2) rc213
3) jayforone
4) Baliis
5)
6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom