• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1fnhXd.png
jRG0g1u.png

Bonus sponsored avatars (not really):

wpeJYMa.png
xqdQUng.png

Thanks!

Lee

Folks, I need weapon parts and plasteel plating in the worst way. How???

Best value is wait until Trials, get enough wins to unlock the weapon and helmet, and buy and shard and buy and shard and buy and shard....

You can also buy cheap items from the Vanguard and do the same thing, but Brother Vance gives you more for your money.

Frenden

Banned
The internal marketing speech about being a groomed consumer base primed to pay for digital exclusives/premium content is really the only thing about all the Red Bull stuff that I find gross.

Don't feel too bad. I'm sure he's well paid for his services. Maybe a little bad.

Well paid? What industry do you think this is? Most anyone involved in the gaming industry are assumed to be working their dream job, and thus aren't paid amazingly well. I'm not saying they're making minimum wage, but I don't think I've ever read anything about these jobs being great for the wallet.

I'd be willing to bet the Voice Actors get paid more than most devs.

I just watched the Rooster Teeth E3 vid with Luke Smith, and he said he skipped straight to the Taken King after completing Vault of Glass, so the the good raid team didn't even do Crota's End.

Very interesting. I noticed in the Giant Bomb interview, when one guy asked him what he learned from the 1st to 2nd raid and then the 2nd until now, he only talked about VoG. Makes a lot of sense, pretty much what I've always said about how CE felt like it was made by an incomplete team with a lot less dev resources.

The internal marketing speech about being a groomed consumer base primed to pay for digital exclusives/premium content is really the only thing about all the Red Bull stuff that I find gross.

it sucks, but this is an internal document is it not? I mean they are going to spell things out legally that sound pretty bad. Its kind of the nature of the beast.

There are hard people at work to make this game, they care.. there are legal people involved that write contracts and do marketing deals that probably don't.

Its just how it works.

Very interesting. I noticed in the Giant Bomb interview, when one guy asked him what he learned from the 1st to 2nd raid and then the 2nd until now, he only talked about VoG. Makes a lot of sense, pretty much what I've always said about how CE felt like it was made by an incomplete team with a lot less dev resources.

Vault of Glass set the bar pretty high, I think. Crota's End wouldn't have been looked at so poorly if it had been through testing more. Being able to solo most of the raid did wonders for it's reputation. Running it now, though, it's not too bad. Not as amazing as VoG, but not a bad raid, really.

All in all, I think I preferred the launch of Crota's End compared to Prison of Elder.

Not sure if true or not, but it was leaked around launch the the Crota raid was supposed to be a lower level raid that you did before VoG. Seems like they chopped it out and repurposed it for Dark Below. There was clearly a much smaller team on Dark Below than Taken King or even House of Wolves, though.

Frenden

Banned
it sucks, but this is an internal document is it not? I mean they are going to spell things out legally that sound pretty bad. Its kind of the nature of the beast.

There are hard people at work to make this game, they care.. there are legal people involved that write contracts and do marketing deals that probably don't.

Its just how it works.

Oh, I get it. It's just the sort of thing that should never be seen by the consumer and it causes a bit of self reflection upon the nature of my playtime that I find uncomfortable.

Not sure if true or not, but it was leaked around launch the the Crota raid was supposed to be a lower level raid that you did before VoG. Seems like they chopped it out and repurposed it for Dark Below. There was clearly a much smaller team on Dark Below than Taken King or even House of Wolves, though.

I think it was more that a large amount of the DLC team had to be pulled off of DLC to work on bug fixes that happened after launch. It's hard to work on new content when you're constantly fixing issues. Obviously the Aetheon cheese was a challenge for them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey guys so I need a new gag. How can I join the Neogaf clans cuz I can't find any of them?

Ask yourself these questions first.

Do you like raiding?

Are you absolutely positively no BS in mad love with NeoGAF?

Do you like hawkmoon?

Do you like being SEXY, do you want to be SEXY?

Do you consider yourself a swordbearer?

Are a you a (bad word) around world?

Depending on what your answers are, whatever clan is there is meant for you.

Well at least we know what they actually think of us. I mean Lukes attitude in the interview just echos the statement.

If that wasn't their thoughts on us then they wouldn't have it down in black and white on paper.

Blunoise

Ask yourself these questions first.

Do you like raiding?

Are you absolutely positively no BS in mad love with NeoGAF?

Do you like hawkmoon?

Do you like being SEXY, do you want to be SEXY?

Do you consider yourself a swordbearer?

Are a you a (bad word) around world?

Depending on what your answers are, whatever clan is there is meant for you.

I'll say a Hell yes to all of them please. Also just found a requested to join the Raid Gaf.

Langy

Anyone want to come and help me and my friend do the nightfall? we using our baby titans (both 30) and tauracs splash damage is murdering us :(

psn is Langoit

I have been playing really scrubby outside of ToO, so hopped into some Clash for fun. Guess I wasn't ready, so close...

But never thought that I would get my revanche on Pastrami's Palace.

TLW + Eye of Sol combo seems to really work for me, great sniper which might be my new go-to sniper in normal Crucible. Anyone know what the aim assist is for Eye of Sol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom