• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

VoG first time was perfection. It did redeem the kind of disappointment Destiny was to me. Playing with 5 other guys was a revelation. I think it was early to mid october when we tackled it first time. I was about level 28 and my main weapon was a Shingen E. I did have a Light/beware arc and void exodus plan. Nothing was maxed yet.

Oracle cheese didn't exist yet. And legit oracles were tense. You needed coordination and keep the hobs in check. Perhaps it could still be tense if they remove the snipe method and randomize their positions. What did exist was the templar cheese on the platform at the right side, I think we used it during our first try.

Then the gatekeepers. It was hard as fuck. I think we went into the portals with 3 and still had a hard time surviving there. Atheon we did without middle platform method though it was known already. A lot of players got hit inside the shield. Later on it became clear that it was because of colissions with the relic carrier. Never got hit inside the shield since november. Back then the 3 best players would move back so they got warped. But one time I got warped and the experienced dudes perfectly guided me along, I golden gunned a batch of oracles and got out. Felt good that I was part of the warp team. Atheon's epilogue was my first Atheon reward ever. Funny that I still don't have VoC. To this very day. But granted I haven't played VoG since feb and no Normal since Nov.

Man everyone always finishs nightfalls on Tuesday. I wasnt able to be on that long yesterday!

Nightfall outside of Tuesday is one of the few activities DGAF isn't very helpful with.

It may not be ideal, but this Strike is absurdly easy. Join a PUG and be done with it.

zewone

Planetside 2 dev
liKyWsA.png

GAF mods:
mDMDpou.png

@Boguester: The part is boring no matter how which way you do it. You stand around turning in circles for 15mins dodging charging minotaurs.

I can't really see how that's fun.

I've talked about it before but a very legit criticism of Oracles is that completion time is static, it can't be lowered with increasing skill (like basically every other Destiny raid phase can). But when you do it legit on Hard there's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied. It's really well designed for your full weapon loadout: juggling trash, Hobbies, Minotaurs and Oracles. FBringer for trash, P's Revenge for Hobs, Horn for minos? Or VoC/IceB/CMeasure? Lots of variety is possible, lots of communication is required.

People get "spoiled" in a sense by only running with super experienced, fully geared teams where nobody has to try anymore. Sherpa'ing a n00b raid where you have to explain every encounter from the ground up and people are rocking For the People auto rifles and blue snipers gives you a fresh perspective, haha. Phase lasts ~7.5 minutes btw.

Oracle phase is the best part! Only portion of VoG that is still engaging after you know how it works. Gorgon maze and to a lesser extent Atheon are just a matter of going through the motions.

Good to know there are others out there on #TeamOracleDefenseForce. Stay strong brother (or sister)!

HGDpVoC.gif

todd360

Nightfall outside of Tuesday is one of the few activities DGAF isn't very helpful with.

It may not be ideal, but this Strike is absurdly easy. Join a PUG and be done with it.

I can beat it myself. It just takes longer since I have to be careful. I just want to be done with it.

I think Luke Smith is going to lose his job and his standing in the gaming developer community due to this interview debacle. People who have not played Destiny are already calling for his head in every article about the Destiny thing.

Poor guy, making such a PR mistake. I think the backlash is a good thing though, because in the end activision and bungie will do their best to please their fanbase by doing what's necessary to make them happy. In the end we might win out from this whole debacle.

I think Luke Smith is going to lose his job and his standing in the gaming developer community due to this interview debacle. People who have not played Destiny are already calling for his head in every article about the Destiny thing.

Poor guy, making such a PR mistake. I think the backlash is a good thing though, because in the end activision and bungie will do their best to please their fanbase by doing what's necessary to make them happy. In the end we might win out from this whole debacle.

I highly doubt that Luke will lose his job. They're probably teasing the hell out of him at Bungie though while laughing all the way to the bank. Bad press is still good press these days.

oh man, the piling on continues

PS2 is poop though. Meh, might as well try and latch on to the debacle to advertise your game.

Dead Orbit one.

Edit:
Lol I just said the one you didn't name. Crap I don't know.

haha yeah. Ranking up dead orbit on my hunter.

If you plan on playing Trials this weekend I'd just wait.

Vance will be selling Tomorrow's Answer which is better than any you can get from vendors.

Oh shit Vance is selling the ToO RL? I'll wait then I suppose. Don't really need any other weapons... I'll just splurge on mats.

mcz117chief

I'll never forget my first VoG raid. ChowderClam & Tokems walked T-44 and I through it and it blew my goddamn mind. The best gaming experience of my life. We did everything as intended mechanically, even managing to kill the Templar after he'd enraged.

I was such a noob that I sharded Kabr's Brazen gauntlets, because what the hell did I need light level 18 gauntlets for right guys? Guys?

http://destinytracker.com/dg/650042344

2 hours, 21 minutes. 3 28s & 3 27s.

Shadow Price
Futile Gesture
Unfriendly Giant

Here is our game http://destinytracker.com/dg/2861705292

zewone

People want this guy to lose his job for 3 dancing emotes that he probably has no control over the contents of CE packages.

Pretty messed up.

LTWood12

no way in hell they're going to fire the lead raid designer less than two months before shipping it. Luke is a good dude. If the interview had been in video form no one would even be talking about it.

LiK

Luke will be fine. probably got spoken to about how he should speak in future interviews tho.

I've talked about it before but a very legit criticism of Oracles is that completion time is static, it can't be lowered with increasing skill (like basically every other Destiny raid phase can). But when you do it legit on Hard there's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied. It's really well designed for your full weapon loadout: juggling trash, Hobbies, Minotaurs and Oracles. FBringer for trash, P's Revenge for Hobs, Horn for minos? Or VoC/IceB/CMeasure? Lots of variety is possible, lots of communication is required.

People get "spoiled" in a sense by only running with super experienced, fully geared teams where nobody has to try anymore. Sherpa'ing a n00b raid where you have to explain every encounter from the ground up and people are rocking For the People auto rifles and blue snipers gives you a fresh perspective, haha. Phase lasts ~7.5 minutes btw.
Exactly 7.5mins EXACTLY
Still doesn't sound fun to me. It basically comes down to IMO.

It's a neat concept(the whole section) that teaches you how to beat Atheon. It's well done for that. But it's replayability is very small. The pacing is the part that needs improvement.

Take my $80.00!

Hah. They ain't getting me to buy games all over again for some dances. Fuuuuck that noise.

I'll still get the $40 digital pleb version though because I still love the game.

Luke will be fine. probably got spoken to about how he should speak in future interviews tho.

I bet every time he walks into a room at Bungie, someone is like "Hey Luke! LONG PAUSE, NO SEE - I MEAN LONG TIME". Luke: "HAHA very funny guys" *wipes tears with Activision money*

He better not. The VoG team are beyond reproach and should have job security for eternity.

Lol no.

I'll never forget my first VoG raid. ChowderClam & Tokems walked T-44 and I through it and it blew my goddamn mind. The best gaming experience of my life. We did everything as intended mechanically, even managing to kill the Templar after he'd enraged.

I was such a noob that I sharded Kabr's Brazen gauntlets, because what the hell did I need light level 18 gauntlets for right guys? Guys?

http://destinytracker.com/dg/650042344

2 hours, 21 minutes. 3 28s & 3 27s.

Shadow Price
Futile Gesture
Unfriendly Giant

:D

Back when I was Forever 29

That templar fight though.... holy smokes. I was about ready to call a wipe but we got it done!

Did it legit yesterday with a first timer. It's actually really fucking easy compared to confluxes. On HM, obviously..

Yeah if anyone remembers the early HM days, the two sticking points were Gate Keepers, and... Confluxes. Mainly because they didn't (and still don't, mostly) have cheese strategies. I was always worried if I got called into help a group that was at GK phase. It was usually a lot of 29s with unleveled or even blue weapons. Those were the days.

Bungie, Just create a $50 TTK CE Digital Upgrade Edition and call it a day. I would buy that and be happy.

Still not buying a Redbull... Ever.

phen0m24

Ask yourself these questions first.

Do you like raiding?

Are you absolutely positively no BS in mad love with NeoGAF?

Do you like hawkmoon?

Do you like being SEXY, do you want to be SEXY?

Do you consider yourself a swordbearer?

Are a you a (bad word) around world?

Depending on what your answers are, whatever clan is there is meant for you.

Yeah I'm SEXY. :)

Yeah if anyone remembers the early HM days, the two sticking points were Gate Keepers, and... Confluxes. Mainly because they didn't (and still don't, mostly) have cheese strategies. I was always worried if I got called into help a group that was at GK phase. It was usually a lot of 29s with unleveled or even blue weapons. Those were the days.

You're a better person than I. I have little patience for groups that are out of their league or lack the skill to push through content while underleveled. I don't have hard feelings against the players, I just can't be bothered to waste any of my little playtime with that.

Gate Keepers is probably my favorite part of the whole raid. It's amazing how it plays differently from a newbie raid team to a skilled and experienced group. It is one of the hardest sections of the Raid for newbies, but a skilled group can blow through it so fast. Shotguns have made it a bit too easy now though. Swordbreaker FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom