• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats guys. We're still a step above Madden fans.
f155aeaa7fc14206f2bb74e6a35632892e4f5d2a62f30db9559af4de34cd7a9d.jpg

Deku Tree

Justin ‏@gnomegineer
@DeeJ_BNG As I see more and more people pile on the bash @Bungie express... I have to ask myself, who's decision was it to wait til Thurs.?

DeeJ – ‏@DeeJ_BNG

@gnomegineer We're working behind the scenes on solutions. I didn't want to placate you with words. It's important to get this right.
11:12 AM - 24 Jun 2015
23 RETWEETS94 FAVORITES

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeeJ_BNG/status/613771792604205056

Didn't see that posted.

Lnkn52

Justin ‏@gnomegineer
@DeeJ_BNG As I see more and more people pile on the bash @Bungie express... I have to ask myself, who's decision was it to wait til Thurs.?

DeeJ – ‏@DeeJ_BNG

@gnomegineer We're working behind the scenes on solutions. I didn't want to placate you with words. It's important to get this right.
23 RETWEETS94 FAVORITES

Didn't see that posted.

Free Raid, Free Raid.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Edit: Found the answers to my questions, re: Red Bull TTK promo.

Anyone wanna do a candy swap with me? I send you NZ candy, and you send me TTK-promo Red Bull cans? :D

What would that do other than "bring the cheese back"?

It'd make it way more fun to fly around the arena with the relic. Either when running relic with a team or during relic-only solo attempts. I'm probably the only person on the planet who cares about this, haha.

I'd be shocked if it brought back the cheese. Huddling together on the right side is easier for legit strats, and having 5 stay up top while 1 runs the relic is way easier for cheese strats. That was a cheese strat that only developed when people couldn't deal with adds AND couldn't clear oracles. Now even newbie teams can handle at least one of those tasks. But who knows, maybe I'm underestimating the Power of Cheese.

EL CUCO

Yeah that was a lot of fun last night!

Sorry I had to bail before CE started...

Needed some sleep and all. My son woke me up six hours later...
Oh no worries man. I know that feel lol Ray jumped in halfway through it. Crota still tried some BS on me while invise striking him during enrage, but we got him down before Ogres :D so nice not being under leveled in that place. I think Ray got the Crux too ha!

LiK

Nami avatar quote

Justin ‏@gnomegineer

DeeJ – ‏@DeeJ_BNG

23 RETWEETS94 FAVORITES

Didn't see that posted.

lower the damn prices and give existing players more bonus shit.

don't forget my Hawkmoon

Daemul

What the fuck at all those "snarky" comments from other devs / games?
No matter what you think about the whole emotegate, these kinds of low blows are quite pathetic to me...

Yup, pretty gross. But they're so cool because they're dissing that thing that's so infamous right now!

Yeah really putting me off buying anything from them now.

Guess I'll just go ahead and delete PS2 now. Not like I'll ever want to play it anyways.

tumblr_m2ydejqiTF1r1vi9vo1_500.gif

No need to get your knickers in a twist guys, Bungie brought this shit upon themselves and other devs are capitalising on it. All's fair in love and war.

Justin ‏@gnomegineer

DeeJ – ‏@DeeJ_BNG

23 RETWEETS94 FAVORITES

Didn't see that posted.

Solutions everyone!

Hype and/or pitchfork at the ready for Thursday. Save us with your words DeeJ.

Dave_6

On a more serious note, can people who live in the US find out how this Red Bull promo is going to work? Is it going to be a code that you redeem through Bungie.net? If so, can someone get one for me please :D

No shame here, I'll be buying a pack or two. I used to drink the stuff a few years ago anyways (though mixing Crown and Red Bull was a BAD idea on more than one occasion). Depending on if there is a code on each can or not, I'll definitely give out some codes on here.

Solutions everyone!

Hype and/or pitchfork at the ready for Thursday. Save us with your words DeeJ.

he's going to talk about the stupid purple ball again isn't he

"HEY EVERYONE DEEJ HERE! We've heard your feedback this past week. You weren't happy with what Luke said and I know why-We didn't offer enough of our the purple ball(BoaT-Ball of all Time) into these deals! So when you preorder the Taken King at participating retailers, you'll get a code for a purple ball Ghost! That's right now you can have the Purple Ball with you wherever you go! And that's not all! We heard your complaints about what Luke said, so if you log in between 2 AM and 2:05 AM tonight, you'll get a Purple Ball Emote! Summon a purple ball so you can play with it on whichever planet you go to!"

rNilla

No need to get your knickers in a twist guys, Bungie brought this shit upon themselves and other devs are capitalising on it. All's fair in love and war.

I am calm. I just think it's gross. Moreso the embrace by video game fans than the actual jokes themselves.

I can't see how using a negative PR pile-on to market your game is any worse than partnering with energy drinks for a quest and XP.

he's going to talk about the stupid purple ball again isn't he

"HEY EVERYONE DEEJ HERE! We've heard your feedback this past week. You weren't happy with what Luke said and I know why-We didn't offer enough of our the purple ball(BoaT-Ball of all Time) into these deals! So when you preorder the Taken King at participating retailers, you'll get a code for a purple ball Ghost! That's right now you can have the Purple Ball with you wherever you go! And that's not all! We heard your complaints about what Luke said, so if you log in between 2 AM and 2:05 AM tonight, you'll get a Purple Ball Emote! Summon a purple ball so you can play with it on whichever planet you go to!"

A "slow clap" or "throw glimmer at the screen" *emote would be nice.

Free Raid, Free Raid.

It wouldnt like make the DLC less worthy? Unless it would be a exclusive raid of course

Justin ‏@gnomegineer

DeeJ – ‏@DeeJ_BNG

23 RETWEETS94 FAVORITES

Didn't see that posted.

Let the DLC be $30 for people who own the season pass and I will be happy to buy it

Deku Tree

tumblr_m2ydejqiTF1r1vi9vo1_500.gif

My feelings are hurt that you didn't also quote my response. Lol.

This is kind of how I feel:

I am calm. I just think it's gross. Moreso the embrace by video game fans than the actual jokes themselves.

I can't see how using a negative PR pile-on to market your game is any worse than partnering with energy drinks for a quest and XP.

These companies are shamelessly jumping on the negative Bungie bandwagon in order to promote their own game. That's all their doing.

ocean

Banned
Deej being a PR professional with tons of experience and someone who knows just how loud and sensitive this community is...coupled with Destiny being the gaming press' favorite target since launch (I don't think any single game has gotten this many articles, seriously):

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the fact that Deej is mounting expectations for tomorrow's update. Any real solutions are out of his hands and probably out of Bungie's. With the CE being sold out, I doubt Activision really cares how we feel about it - we felt good enough to buy it all.

When the spotlight shines so bright in you and people expect such radically different, and occasionally unreasonable, things from you I think hyping your response is a bad idea.

You'll get "something better", and "not words, solutions" might come back and bite them in the ass. An early apology and shader parity would have solved this. They've dug themselves into a nasty PR hole worthy of being a grad school case study :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom