• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Big ass pic incoming!
ready?
Here we go:
CITTBfZUYAAEvvZ.jpg:orig

LiK

backlash has been pretty widespread. never seen a combination of the casual/hardcore players, media and other devs pile on like this before. that weekly update better be good.

Considering how last week Deej was basically like "hey, we're charging you less than you have to pay for it on ebay", I have to imagine he's going to be a lot more measured. lol

The thing is, anything they do can't devalue the CE. They want people to pay an extra 20 (or 40) dollars for those things.

I don't see how it would. Just make them uber rare drops or whatever. CE guarantees you get that up front without RNG.

Seriously, Bungie need to take notes from 343i on this, as crazy as it sounds. They're doing the same thing, except all unlocks can be earned at random in game. That's how you do "exclusive" unlocks right, imo.

phen0m24

aw snap - setting up my Playstation TV now. got it at half price when a very thoughtful GAF'er shared the sale, and now, it looks like i may be able to test it out when i'm traveling to San Francisco tomorrow. I was about to mourn the lack of destiny for the trip, but now, i have some hope!!! my hat's off to whomever shared the sale! :)
Just make sure you look for that setting with the wifi. The one that should be unchecked instead of checked. I can't remember.

Just make sure you look for that setting with the wifi. The one that should be unchecked instead of checked. I can't remember.

hmmm, you mean on the PSTV or on my PS4? I'll google it to be safe. thanks for the tip! :)

i think this is to what you were referring?

On the PS4™ system's function screen, select Image(Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the [Enable Remote Play] checkbox to set a checkmark.
An alternative option is to connect the systems directly using Wi-Fi, select Image(Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings] from the PS4™ system's function screen, and then select the [Connect Directly with PS Vita / PS TV] checkbox to set a checkmark. If you are unable to connect using this method, please uncheck this checkbox.

GhaleonEB

Nothing short of full reversal on the CE items and the Red Bull shenanigans will do much tomorrow, given how out of hand it's gotten. I am hoping for such for the former. To the latter, even knowing it was some dumb holiday timed exclusive would be nice.

The Red Bull promotion is astoundingly tone deaf given the criticisms of Destiny since launch. Deej has a tall order tomorrow. I do not envy him.

Your first post in this thread is that one?

OK...

btw we've all seen that already and been talking about it for a while.

I don't really care about what my first posts are on every thread. And that sounded a little like an accusation. I'm not a Destiny hater. Actually is one of the games I play the most, but that doesn't change what I think: This game's post-launch content model is horrible. And Bungie should be ashamed of that.

And also, the picture I posted is a damn joke.
btw sorry if it had already been posted.

LiK

Nothing short of full reversal on the CE items and the Red Bull shenanigans will do much tomorrow, given how out of hand it's gotten. I am hoping for such for the former. To the latter, even knowing it was some dumb holiday timed exclusive would be nice.

The Red Bull promotion is astoundingly tone deaf given the criticisms of Destiny since launch. Deej has a tall order tomorrow. I do not envy him.

people who already own everything released should be given a much larger discount. maybe even as a limited time promotion. they should also consider giving out more in-game items like shaders and emotes that you aren't forced to buy to obtain.

people who already own everything released should be given a much larger discount. maybe even as a limited time promotion. they should also consider giving out more in-game items like shaders and emotes that you aren't forced to buy to obtain.
They should make the damn faction shaders easier to get.

Even having the shader lady actually have a rotating supply of shaders? I don't think the backlash would be so bad if the cosmetic content in the game like shaders and emotes weren't so constrained to begin with

Daemul

The only thing that would be acceptable is the UK price going back to £27.99 like it was on the day it was announced. The increase to £40 was bullshit.

They should add in all the "exclusive unlocks" from day 1 and CE and whatever else as RNG based drops that anyone can get. Make them uber rare engrams that you get from a new minigame in the tower where you toss the ball at a dunk tank with a new NPC: Luck Smith. You can also increase your chances for rare drops by throwing glimmer at him.

LiK

Even having the shader lady actually have a rotating supply of shaders? I don't think the backlash would be so bad if the cosmetic content in the game like shaders and emotes weren't so constrained to begin with

this is something they never fixed and it's embarrassing. that lady vendor is so damn useless.

phen0m24

hmmm, you mean on the PSTV or on my PS4? I'll google it to be safe. thanks for the tip! :)

i think this is to what you were referring?

On the PS4™ system's function screen, select Image(Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the [Enable Remote Play] checkbox to set a checkmark.
An alternative option is to connect the systems directly using Wi-Fi, select Image(Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings] from the PS4™ system's function screen, and then select the [Connect Directly with PS Vita / PS TV] checkbox to set a checkmark. If you are unable to connect using this method, please uncheck this checkbox.

No the power save wifi setting should be unchecked. That way it still works when screen goes dark.

I don't really care about what my first posts are on every thread. And that sounded a little like an accusation. I'm not a Destiny hater. Actually is one of the games I play the most, but that doesn't change what I think: This game's post-launch content model is horrible. And Bungie should be ashamed of that.

And also, the picture I posted is a damn joke. If this kind of things and jokes bother you... you better get yourself into a microwave.

That is uncalled for and rude.

Where are all you "I totally do Oracles legit" people when I need you? I can't remember the last time I was able to convince a group to do it legit. Moris, Deafmedal and Sword of Doom/Ck are the only people I can think of right now that are up for it.
You know I'm always up for it. Love sniping the hobbies.

i'd be down for it too - always enjoy playing with you guys. :D
just be ready to hear "Guardian down" toward the end.... XD

isnt PS2 made by one of Sony's own developers?
me thinks they are gonna get on some trouble for that comment

Sony sold SOE to some economics guys out there. Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has been re-branded to DayBreak Games (or something similar to that) and they have gone multiplatform (Xbox, etc.)

So no, no trouble for that comment.

Korosenai

Just curious about the Xbox one GAF trials players... How many do we have here that can carry/help others, how many are looking for 9-0s, and how many do we have that haven't even done their first 9-0 yet?

And also, the picture I posted is a damn joke. If this kind of things and jokes bother you... you better get yourself into a microwave.

what does this even mean?

I am eager to see what happens tomorrow. There's been a lot of angry folks on gaming side, Reddit is furious, and a lot of bad press. I really don't know what they could say to "make things right" with everyone.

Just curious about the Xbox one GAF trials players... How many do we have here that can carry others, how many are looking for 9-0s, and how many do we have that haven't even done their first 9-0 yet?

Went 9-0 for the first time last week with a solid team. I definitely am not someone that can carry people but I'm very much a team player.

phen0m24

I am eager to see what happens tomorrow. There's been a lot of angry folks on gaming side, Reddit is furious, and a lot of bad press. I really don't know what they could say to "make things right" with everyone.

Expansion is free.

Mic drop.

Never happen.

I'm tellin ya, Luck Smith dunk tank in the tower.

"you want those exclusive emotes? better go throw your glimmer at Mr. Smith in the tower and see what ya get!"

Just curious about the Xbox one GAF trials players... How many do we have here that can carry others, how many are looking for 9-0s, and how many do we have that haven't even done their first 9-0 yet?

I don't think Xbone GAF has anyone that carry lol. When I played with OddOne we were all pretty much carrying our weight and went 9-0 with no issues. Unstable did start playing on Xbox today...so maybe he'll start helping some folks get to the Light House.

I wish they would just ignore everything that's ocurred and pretend it never happened. Just ignore it completely. Anytime anyone complains in their forums there should be a Bungie employing responding with, "Thank you for playing Destiny!"

Dont get me wrong, Im one of the people who is upset about this, but it would be really funny if this happened.

Ganhyun

Just curious about the Xbox one GAF trials players... How many do we have here that can carry/help others, how many are looking for 9-0s, and how many do we have that haven't even done their first 9-0 yet?

I am middle of the road 1.2-1.4 player myself. Not good enough to carry, but a decent assistant to a true carrier.

Also, if we can level him up quickly, Unstable has Destiny on the One now too!

I wish they would just ignore everything that's ocurred and pretend it never happened. Just ignore it completely. Anytime anyone complains in their forums there should be a Bungie employing responding with, "Thank you for playing Destiny!"

Dont get me wrong, Im one of the people who is upset about this, but it would be really funny if this happened.

Pretty much what they already do in so many words.

LiK

they pissed off Reddit Destiny. that is something they can't really ignore.

jwk94

Did Bungie open up the expansion quests? I just hopped on for the first time since September and I'm over here doing House of Wolves and Dark Below maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom