• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I don't really care about what my first posts are on every thread. And that sounded a little like an accusation. I'm not a Destiny hater. Actually is one of the games I play the most, but that doesn't change what I think: This game's post-launch content model is horrible. And Bungie should be ashamed of that.

And also, the picture I posted is a damn joke.
btw sorry if it had already been posted.

You probably should care what your first posts are like in OTs that have been around for a while but I'm not going to try and convince you why.

As far as I know I was the first one to post in this thread about that picture BTW.

Eh I'd rather have paid DLCs, than microtransactions or a paid monthly subscription model.

GhaleonEB

tumblr_ne7e5yLeu61sx06cjo2_500.gif

I mean, it's still an incredibly dumb, tone-deaf bit of marketing, but it's not nearly the big deal it was made out to be. (This seems to be a pattern with Destiny outrage.)

SonComet

I'm a barely 1.0 player...tried trials a couple of times and like it...but would need a hard carry to get anywhere. I'll listen, try to do what I'm told, and apologise a lot when I f*ck it up :)

I just saw unstable online and wanted to jump in and help him level up but its pretty late in the UK now :(
I'm barely a 1.0 player as well (I wonder how much of this is me not caring at all in the crucible), but I've been to Mercury two weeks in a row now. You don't need a pro gamer to carry you. I play with 2 1.2-1.4 players and we've managed to make it. Have hope and wear fast revive armor!

I wonder if that guy still even plays Destiny.

If he does, I bet it's in his vault collecting dust.

Cuz Ghorn.

Actually ran into him a couple iron banners ago. I know it was him because he's the only one that has the gun. Lol

He was sniping me with it

There's some gaffers that can back me up. Because they were killed by it to

They should just announce the cash shop now while they're at rock bottom. Might as well.
If it was just cosmetics I would have no issues and there was a way to get whatever was sold in-game as well.
And if that money could lead to more strikes and Raids etc.

But I'm assuming that would only be in my dreams.

If it was just cosmetics I would have no issues and there was a way to get whatever was sold in-game as well.
And if that money could lead to more strikes and Raids etc.

But I'm assuming that would only be in my dreams.

Heh I'm actually in support of that. And an optional Bungie Pro-esque subscription fee, too, like in the Halo 3 days. Call me crazy.

and denounce the gunsmith reforging and add a scroll in the cash shop, along with cubes to reroll stats and tickets to access the new raid. What could go wrong

If it means I could have a pet penguin... [long pause] I would throw money at the screen.

[crazyconspiracytheory]
Bungie does stupid things so everyone will talk about their game all the time.
bad publicity = free publicity
[/crazyconspiracytheory]

[crazyconspiracytheory]Bungie folk and Luke Smith knew people would be pissed, so sacrificed himself to get bad publicity ball rolling to get Activision to change shit for the better[/crazyconspiracytheory]

Best way to get treasure keys?

Also, I really want to do a raid but don't have enough coordinated friends. Only 2 and it's hard to get us all free at the same time. :(

Shito

Thursday :)

All I know is DeeJ better swoop in on a chariot of fire.
Hahahaha, yeah I'm stupid, just realized we were Wednesday while brushing my teeth.
I really need to go to bed, I think. :)

[EDIT]
Or they just decide to post the weekly update right now, so as to make me look a liiiittle bit less stupid... ^^

Frenden

Banned
As someone who bought the digital CE solely for the exclusive items, I'm super curious about the "stay tuned" portion of the Weekly Update.

As it stands, if you bought the Digital CE, you'd have been better off to buy the standalone and the separate, newly announced, $20 upgrade.

In short, this is a total mess.

Namikaze1

Coingate? People will stop talking about it after a week.

Lukegate? Gaming side will move on to the next Destiny thread. Depending on the Weekly Update tomorrow, some folks will be all "look guys! They do care about us day 1-ers!", some will be all "still want the emotes and exotic class items but I ain't rebuying shit I own already!" and some will be all "eh." It's not something that will calm down after a week. Hell, people have been complaining about the CE stuff since last week. Luke's comment just escalated things. So I say half a month to a month before most forget.

Red Bullgate? I know nothing about the mission. Only know it will be free to everyone next year.

Necrochasmgate? Now this here is a good reason to go whine about. Has been going strong for months with no signs of stopping. This weapon needs a massive buff. Instead of bullets, this shit needs to shoot out mini-Crotas. Instead of the Cursed Thralls explosion, this shit needs to do Crota's Spirit Bomb of Death. This shit needs a major buff!

Save Necrochasm dammit!

Also, I really want to do a raid but don't have enough coordinated friends. Only 2 and it's hard to get us all free at the same time. :(

I get a decent amount running Poe 28, and others things as well. Also your guaranteed one when you complete your first queen bounty of the week.

If you wanna raid, Just post, there's plenty of good folks here that will show how and see willing to run it for the fun of it

So I'm itching for a shooter, if I buy the taken king on live would I be able to play the base game now?
I know the $60 retail version has everything and that is your best option. Or the The Taken King - Digital Collector's Edition which is $80. Just double check to make sure you get everything.

Thursday, 6/25/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid & Sword School - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

There is your guy ^^ if that doesnt work for you, let me know and we can try to find a group together if you are on PS4.

I'm barely a 1.0 player as well (I wonder how much of this is me not caring at all in the crucible), but I've been to Mercury two weeks in a row now. You don't need a pro gamer to carry you. I play with 2 1.2-1.4 players and we've managed to make it. Have hope and wear fast revive armor!

The ability to play with the same people week to week is a luxury that you are overlooking. The fact that your buddies win more encounters than they lose is also a huge bonus.

So, why would I pay $20 for emblems and shaders? Confused.

You might not, but I think this what people were most concerned about. That to get exclusive stuff they were locked behind a $40 paywall which was a great deal for new players and a bad deal for veterans.

This allows veterans to get that content they wanted without the need to purchase the base game and expansions.

Are those items worth $20? Well to quote my boy Luke Smith, "It's about value. The player's perception of value." That's your call, ultimately.

Where are all you "I totally do Oracles legit" people when I need you? I can't remember the last time I was able to convince a group to do it legit. Moris, Deafmedal and Sword of Doom/Ck are the only people I can think of right now that are up for it.

Damn, that's impressive. What level were your teammates? We had 2 26s (including me), 2 25s and 2 24s. Templar was brutal, Gorgons took more than an hour, and the jumping part was a good 30-45 minutes. Once the enemy levels jumped at GKs, we were toast even though we kept slugging away. It's the only time I've ever straight up fallen asleep playing Destiny, lol.

I'm always up for legit oracles.

I go to the hiding spot when I want to eat dinner or something :p

That said, when are we trying flawless hard VoG? ? ?

I get a decent amount running Poe 28, and others things as well. Also your guaranteed one when you complete your first queen bounty of the week.

If you wanna raid, Just post, there's plenty of good folks here that will show how and see willing to run it for the fun of it

Thanks! Also, what is the average run through time on the raids? I need to plan ahead I'm guessing.

phen0m24

knew people would be pissed, so sacrificed himself to get bad publicity ball rolling to get Activision to change shit for the better[/crazyconspiracytheory]

MrGreencastle now that is an awesome conspiracy theory! Looks like they are trying to based on the mid week update.

My guess for the weekly update:

Hey everyone,

I quit.

Deej

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13090

or not.

Dang I was already trying to find my resume LOL

Nice... So the digital CE (for existing players) will be $20 cheaper than the physical CE, essentially.

As it should.

I am Luke Smith, Creative Director on Destiny: The Taken King.

Many, many years ago, I wrote to you each week in this spot. We talked about Battle Rifles, we talked about stuff we weren't going to talk about, and at some point I did a horrible hand-drawing of an upcoming map and teased you with it in the Weekly Update.

Anyone who knows me knows I can be sarcastic, anyone who remembers podcasts I've done knows that I can be pretty blunt, and anyone who’s watched me in a ViDoc knows I'm pretty unpolished.

However, most of you don't know me.

Reading my interview with Eurogamer and imagining it came from some random developer of a game I love - that random developer looks like an Asshat.

But that Asshat was me - and those words rightfully anger you.

I'm sorry.

My words made it sound as if Bungie doesn't care about their most loyal fans.

We do care. We are listening. And we will make it right.

Here's what we're doing about the Collector's Edition of Destiny: The Taken King...

Stay classy, Luke.

It's a start, which is something.

It was also cool to see Luke apologising. I don't know the guy, i've never listened/seen his stuff so it did come across as condescending. He designed the best part of the game so far imo in regards to VoG so he should be commended on that.

As for the $20 price upgrade, does that mean that they will be sticking to their 1:1 price ratio?

If so, i've got some bad news for you Bungie.....

So much said with so little.

The Destiny subreddit is...so fickle. They were almost worse than those Gaming threads. Now everyone's like "What do I do with this pitchfork?"

I'm sure this doesn't ease the wound for everyone, but I'm just astonished how little faith everyone had in Bungie.

noomi

Heh, nice update.

Still going to wait on preorder, but it looks like I'll be doing $40 TTK upgrade and the $20 CE item stuff.

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom