• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I am a bit willing to pay for just TTK. If the CE stuff was (much) cheaper, I would buy it but right now, shit is too expensive for what little you get. I would be paying the price of a brand new game if I buy the upgrade as well. Sorry, but $20 is too much for my taste. Keep the stuff. And that second gear thing seems to be referring the whole artifacts thing.

Zoidberg

Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll be able to get:

- Three Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses
- Three Armor Shaders
- Three Class Specific Emotes

for 20$, right?

$20 US, probably $30AUD and £20. If we're going off their current overseas pricing. Basically you are paying the same amount as the House of Wolves. The house of wolves has 7 new shaders (5 variks, 1 PoE, 1 ToO) maybe more, weapons/armor, new pvp mode, arena, new ships, strikes, pvp maps, reputations, bounties etc. It is nothing short of a rip off, and yet it will be a huge success as thousands will buy it.

The Red Bull thing was correct, the destiny playerbase is used to paying alot of money for stuff.

FyreWulff

Hey, peeps!

I'm really interested in playing this after the E3 showing, but I'm not currently on the market for the expansions. Maybe when they lower in price...
Still, I want to give this game a try. Which is the better version: The PS3 one, or the 360?
Thanks!

Pick the one that has the next-gen console you want to upgrade to later (PS4 or One). afiak the 360 version is technically just slightly ahead of the PS3 but like.. very slightly. I personally couldn't tell what was different between them.

Daemul

wait, so they give you what you want (pay to just get the CE stuff) and people are complaining about WHAT YOU ASKED THEM FOR????? Huh????

As a Brit this is certainly not what I asked, the shaders and emotes(which are completely useless mind you) were never the problem.

Neither - the last-gen versions are awful and are holding the current-gen versions back.

Buy either a PS4 or an Xbox One and wait until the Taken King comes out and buy the Legendary edition with all the DLC together.
Sadly, buying a PS4 isn't an option at this time thanks to Fallout 4 and MGSV. lol
(PC gamer here.)
What makes them so bad? Like, do they run at <20 FPS?
Pick the one that has the next-gen console you want to upgrade to later (PS4 or One). afiak the 360 version is technically just slightly ahead of the PS3 but like.. very slightly. I personally couldn't tell what was different between them.
Fair enough. I guess I'm going for the PS3 version, then.
Is the core game decent enough? Or is this one of those games where the DLC is better than the game?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll be able to get:

- Three Armor Shaders

for 20$, right?

Reminder, per DeeJ and Urk, this isn't as good as what Year 1 people will get (shader, emblem, sparrow). Still not seeing it.

Bungie put themselves in an impossible position. Arguing the CE is worth it, but also that it's not, but that the Year 1 perks are better, but that the CE is now cheaper.

They addressed that class items will have perks too, but are there going to be more emotes?

Hey, peeps!

I'm really interested in playing this after the E3 showing, but I'm not currently on the market for the expansions. Maybe when they lower in price...
Still, I want to give this game a try. Which is the better version: The PS3 one, or the 360?
Thanks!
Here you go. Frankly I have no idea about PS3 or Xbox 360 versions. I dont see much PS3 or Xbox 360 players here. Its mainly PS4 users.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll be able to get:

- Three Armor Shaders

for 20$, right?
From my understanding yes that is correct.

I bet they try and charge £20 for the upgrade.

They honestly don't get it. They didn't agree. Deej with his smart assed ebay comment last week.

So, for TTK + the 'upgrade' it will cost (probably) £60

£60 to $$$'s = $94.

Really Bungie?
Hopefully they will address the UK pricing since its ridiculous over price.

Sadly, buying a PS4 isn't an option at this time thanks to Fallout 4 and MGSV. lol
(PC gamer here.)

They're fine. Longer load times for things, and your usual lastgen vaseline smear, but otherwise they are 100% the same game.

But yeah, they are very much holding the game back so some people don't like thinking about them.

As a Brit this is certainly not what I asked, the shaders and emotes(which are completely useless mind you) were never the problem.

As the great Adam Jensen once said:

"I never asked for this."

What would make you guys happy? What is it that you want?

I'm honestly just curous why people are so upset. Everyone and their mother was clamoring about having to pay full price for the CE stuff. Now they make it so you don't have to spend $80 if all you want are the CE stuff, and people are upset over that??

If you live overseas and are upset about the price, then you are totally justified IMO. That sucks.

FyreWulff

(PC gamer here.)

A bit worse framerate, inventory menu takes a few seconds to load, and at least on PS3 some armor animations are omitted or run at a much lower framerate/frequency, like:

AC/O feedback fence triangles don't move on PS3.
Insurmountable Skullfort's digital helmet cover animates at like, 2fps on PS3 vs fluidly on PS4

In my quest for Revenant I got a 2nd Fermi Solution. Why lord? Some other poor soul needs a ship. I do not.

11336976_10152929844171560_3484505828061733445_o.jpg

Kyoufu

I'm honestly just curous why people are so upset. Everyone and their mother was clamoring about having to pay full price for the CE stuff. Now they make it so you don't have to spend $80 if all you want are the CE stuff, and people are upset over that??

I want the non-dollar prices to be lowered accordingly.

Yup, we've already seen the Sunbreakers hammer for Titans. And it explains why ghosts were moved up.

Really? They've shown what it looks like wearing 2 class items? Will it be on the other arm for warlocks or something? Does this mean I can wear one for stat boosts and another for dead orbit?

In case anybody is thinking about checking what Gaming thinks, I'll give a recap.

"Lol $20 fuck you Bungie"

further translation from most people on the internet.

"lol I don't play destiny, but fuck you bungie"

$1.99 for each thing doesn't sound awful. but I'm buying the physical LE so I'm probably not the best person to examine the value of this lol

A lot of 'you's and generalizations there. Are you trying to bait someone?

Daemul

The real problem is, no one plays on PS3. This game Is garbage without friends. But with friends, it's amazing

Had to fix this since Destiny is still incredibly popular on the 360, not as much as next gen consoles obviously, but still far more than on the PS3.

If you live overseas and are upset about the price, then you are totally justified IMO. That sucks.

We don't want to be paying $94 when 'you' guys are paying $60 basically.

In my quest for Revenant I got a 2nd Fermi Solution. Why lord? Some other poor soul needs a ship. I do not.

Damn, still looking for that ship. I have revenant though :p

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the tower postmaster has a higher chance of giving out shaders and ships than the reef postmaster.

The reef guy always gives me a mote of light as rank up reward :(

Really? They've shown what it looks like wearing 2 class items? Will it be on the other arm for warlocks or something? Does this mean I can wear one for stat boosts and another for dead orbit?

It's the hammer-Idk about other class items. Maybe for hunters it's that bib the hunter has on the picture? And for Warlocks possibly the neck piece?

Digital_Items.jpg

Man POE 34 is no joke this week, round 4 is hive dismantle mines with arc burn.

Also in round 5 (the hive knight who burns the ground, solar burn is ouch) we never got any adds after we killed the first wave. Is that normal? Someone in the group said maybe adds only respawn if someone dies, but I kinda remember them respawning constantly last time I did it.

It's the hammer-Idk about other class items. Maybe for hunters it's that bib the hunter has on the picture? And for Warlocks possibly the neck piece?

Digital_Items.jpg

Sweet. I figured that was just part of the exotic towel like the dead orbit one has a knife on the front.

I think that hammer is just a glowy bit of the regular class item, not a second class item.

Yeah I'm wonder if that "artifact" slot we saw is really the secondary class item thing. I dunno, the language in the update wasn't very clear.

shermas

Man POE 34 is no joke this week, round 4 is hive dismantle mines with arc burn.

take out the wizards ASAP. watch for splash damage. I died once during that wave, but it wasn't too nasty.

after the 2nd wave, send someone over to the far side of the room so they can immediately take out the mine that spawns there. other two guys wait in the balcony area (on the left). if you have a hunter or titan, make sure they take out the mine in the middle of the room. bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom